PDA

View Full Version : Church Organization

Christinme
Sep 28th 2015, 11:49 AM
Another thread got me thinking about this and also something I just saw the other day which was talking about the wealthiest Pastors in the World. I don't see in Scripture where Pastors are to be OWNERS of "their" church ... am I missing something here.

joined2him
Sep 28th 2015, 03:40 PM
Another thread got me thinking about this and also something I just saw the other day which was talking about the wealthiest Pastors in the World. I don't see in Scripture where Pastors are to be OWNERS of "their" church ... am I missing something here.

If you are, so am I!

Old man
Sep 28th 2015, 03:59 PM

Nor do you find (at least I haven't yet) in scripture where the PK is automatically assumed to take over when their father retires. The calling of leadership in the church is something the Holy Spirit does and is not dependent upon being related to the current pastor or leaders in the church. Sometimes they are called sometimes not but it seems to be an presumed conclusion.

Slug1
Sep 28th 2015, 05:17 PM
Another thread got me thinking about this and also something I just saw the other day which was talking about the wealthiest Pastors in the World. I don't see in Scripture where Pastors are to be OWNERS of "their" church ... am I missing something here.God anoints and man appoints... when man appoints, anything that don't make sense can happen.

Christinme
Sep 28th 2015, 05:19 PM
God anoints and man appoints... when man appoints, anything that don't make sense can happen.So what is evidence of God anointing compared to man appointing???

Reynolds357
Sep 28th 2015, 05:55 PM
I am not exactly sure that a man can own his own church, but I know what you are talking about. For all practical purposes they own it. I think it definitely creates an appearance of evil, if nothing else.

Christinme
Sep 28th 2015, 05:59 PM
I am not exactly sure that a man can own his own church, but I know what you are talking about. For all practical purposes they own it. I think it definitely creates an appearance of evil, if nothing else.Sure they can if it is Incorporated and they are the sole director of the Incorporation and the corporation doesn't have members (some states allow only one directior and no members of even non profit corporations).

Here are the different type of church organizations that can exist at the corporate level:

http://enrichmentjournal.ag.org/201002/201002_036_incorporating.cfm

Membership Corporation. In the membership corporation, church members govern the church. This is the most common type.

Trustee Corporation. In this type of corporation, the trustees control the corporation.

Corporation Sole. Hierarchical-type churches usually use this type and leadership consists of a single individual.

Or if the church isn't incorporated the Pastor can set up the by-laws of the church to make themselves the sole "ruler".

Slug1
Sep 28th 2015, 06:09 PM
So what is evidence of God anointing compared to man appointing???One has God providing the power to do what He wants done. The other has their church providing for what "they" want done.

Christinme
Sep 28th 2015, 06:13 PM
One has God providing the power to do what He wants done. The other has their church providing for what "they" want done.I know that is the definition ... I didn't ask what the definition was I asked what the evidence was ...

Slug1
Sep 28th 2015, 06:27 PM
I know that is the definition ... I didn't ask what the definition was I asked what the evidence was ...Evidence? Well... for a pastor who is anointed, when led to preach about God as a "healing" God and then during the service, several people are healed of physical ailments. While a pastor who is appointed preaches about God as a healing God and for the generation (or two) worth of church members over the years... not one is ever supernaturally healed during any service, no matter what various biblical topics are exhorted.

Christinme
Sep 28th 2015, 06:35 PM
Evidence? Well... for a pastor who is anointed, when led to preach about God as a "healing" God and then during the service, several people are healed of physical ailments. While a pastor who is appointed preaches about God as a healing God and for the generation (or two) worth of church members over the years... not one is ever supernaturally healed during any service, no matter what various biblical topics are exhorted.Ok well thanks for sharing your understanding of this ... and now specifically on topic ... what do you think of a pastor who is the sole owner of "his" "church"???

Slug1
Sep 28th 2015, 06:42 PM
Ok well thanks for sharing your understanding of this ... and now specifically on topic ... what do you think of a pastor who is the sole owner of "his" "church"???More appointment to him... man (even bloodlines) are known for building great empires and amassing great influence. This empire happens to be a church.

I'm sure they even label everything with... in the name of God.

joined2him
Sep 28th 2015, 08:52 PM
Ok well thanks for sharing your understanding of this ... and now specifically on topic ... what do you think of a pastor who is the sole owner of "his" "church"???

Such a "pastor" is a cult leader. And many nowadays actually use the church in the personal ambition to be CEO's, imo.

True pastors care for the flock. They don't drive the flock like cattle in order to achieve their personal "vision." (which looks an awful lot like other business corporate "visions" for some reason....)

When a "pastor" comes in with a marketing approach for growing the church...run!!!!!

Reynolds357
Sep 29th 2015, 01:29 AM
Sure they can if it is Incorporated and they are the sole director of the Incorporation and the corporation doesn't have members (some states allow only one directior and no members of even non profit corporations).

Here are the different type of church organizations that can exist at the corporate level:

http://enrichmentjournal.ag.org/201002/201002_036_incorporating.cfm

Or if the church isn't incorporated the Pastor can set up the by-laws of the church to make themselves the sole "ruler".

The IRS now requires non profits to have a board of directors or another board that serves the same function. A pastor can own a church, but he can not own a tax exempt church.

Christinme
Sep 29th 2015, 03:00 AM
The IRS now requires non profits to have a board of directors or another board that serves the same function. A pastor can own a church, but he can not own a tax exempt church.The board of directors in some states only needs to be composed of one director and some states allow all the officers to be one person, the same person as the director ... and you are not even required to file in the state you will be operating in ...

http://nonprofitorganizations.uslegal.com/frequently-asked-questions/

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p557.pdf

Sam07
Sep 29th 2015, 02:51 PM
Hi

It is clear throughout history that when the gentiles received the gospel and time evolved over the centuries that the most dominant denomination began to incorporate their own traditions into their church practices and as a result protestant churches were formed and have since continued to structure their own policies and practices to suit their own agendas.

It’s no secret or surprise to see different denominations use similar methods, or this type of system as it generates income and profit, and the person or persons that benefit from this are those that own or control these organizations.

It is ironic because when Jesus went into the temple he threw out the money changers and said my house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves, has the NT church just become a commercial asset that is used to finance our life styles?

You know it’s also ironic that Jesus called the Pharisees and leaders hypocrites, are we just repeating church history and becoming Pharisees and hypocrites by duplicating similar practices through our traditions and practices to suit our own agendas.

If Jesus came back today for a visit, I don’t believe he would attend any church he would just preach the good news where ever he was and all the people would follow him, even the people that attend different churches, they would empty out those churches and follow Jesus and his example.

Maybe Mathew 7.21 not everyone that calls me Lord Lord will enter into the kingdom of heaven but he that does the will of the father, may become more of a reality, and the goodness of God cause many of us to repent and humble ourselves before our Master, King, and Lord and remind us to forgive others before asking for forgiveness.

I sincerely apologize to everyone, if I have offended anybody for sharing my thoughts on this subject.(sorry again)

Peace

ForHisglory
Sep 29th 2015, 05:46 PM
If Jesus came back today for a visit, I don’t believe he would attend any church he would just preach the good news where ever he was and all the people would follow him, even the people that attend different churches, they would empty out those churches and follow Jesus and his example.
Jesus did enter various synagogues to speak and He also went where there were Pharisees, so I think those places NEED to hear His words as anywhere else.