PDA

View Full Version : Gal 5:15-17

clarkthompson
Feb 18th 2016, 12:45 PM
Galatians 5:15-17 King James Version (KJV)15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Galatians 5:15-17
MKJV 15 But if you bite and devour one another, take heed that you are not consumed by one another. 16 I say, then, Walk in the Spirit and you shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. And these are contrary to one another; lest whatever you may will, these things you do.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

15 Strife and trouble lead often times to more strife and trouble and it does not fix things. Wars do not happen without first having disagreement. Often times fights bring out the worst of both.

16 To walk after the Spirit is to deny the flesh, it is to reject our own desires to follow Him and want His wants for us. This is the true meaning of being a Christian to reject everything we want for all He wants of us. To reject ourselves for Him takes Him growing us and takes time to do so, it is not an overnight experience but a lifetime experience.

17 The flesh will work against the Spirit so we have to work against our own flesh. We not do what is our will but what is His will, we are to submit to Him, this is what it means for Him to be our Lord.

Geoff Primanti
Feb 18th 2016, 08:11 PM
Hello Clark, I would only add to you what it says in 1 Thessalonians 5:24--Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Do what? Look up the context and see!