PDA

View Full Version : Discussion psalm 139

a lost sheep
Apr 16th 2016, 02:58 AM
1O lord, you have examined my heart
and know everything about me.
2You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
3You see me when I travel
and when I rest at home.
You know everything I do.
4You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, lord.
5You go before me and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head.
6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to understand!

7I can never escape from your Spirit!
I can never get away from your presence!
8If I go up to heaven, you are there;
if I go down to the grave,https://www.bible.com/assets/footnote.png (https://www.bible.com/#) you are there.
9If I ride the wings of the morning,
if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
10even there your hand will guide me,
and your strength will support me.
11I could ask the darkness to hide me
and the light around me to become night—
12but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.
To you the night shines as bright as day.
Darkness and light are the same to you.

13You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.

17How precious are your thoughts about me,https://www.bible.com/assets/footnote.png (https://www.bible.com/#) O God.
They cannot be numbered!
18I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me!

19O God, if only you would destroy the wicked!
Get out of my life, you murderers!
20They blaspheme you;
your enemies misuse your name.
21O lord, shouldn’t I hate those who hate you?
Shouldn’t I despise those who oppose you?
22Yes, I hate them with total hatred,
for your enemies are my enemies.

23Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life

How can I meet GOD face to face when he knows everything past present and future about me for I am ashamed of myself for all my ill thoughts and actions . I feel I do not deserve any grace from Jesus and when it comes to grace I hope everyone here gets it before I do. I will be content being the last in line on judgement day.

Arch Stanton
Apr 16th 2016, 12:11 PM
How can I meet GOD face to face when he knows everything past present and future about me for I am ashamed of myself for all my ill thoughts and actions . I feel I do not deserve any grace from Jesus and when it comes to grace I hope everyone here gets it before I do. I will be content being the last in line on judgement day.

Every single one of us could ask the same question. "There is none good, no not one". It's humbling to realize the creator of all things knows everything there is to know about us. But that's a good thing. God will not despise a broken heart and contrite spirit. But take heart! God raises us up, not because of who we are or what we've done, but because of the work of the cross. Because of the precious blood of Jesus, the same God we are humbled before looks at us and says, "My beloved son". "My beloved daughter".

It's a good thing to be where you may be right now. But when the Holy Spirit comes to comfort you, take it all in. Everything will be fine. Just let Him continue His work in you.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths."

Geoff Primanti
Apr 16th 2016, 06:58 PM
NO ONE deserves grace! Grace by definition is unmerited, unearned, undeserved favour.

greenonions
Apr 16th 2016, 07:13 PM
You make a sobering reminder. We do not deserve to be able to stand before God. But neither should we fear, for the good news is that God forgives sin!

Hebrews 10:16-17 NKJV:

“This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

1 John 1:9 NKJV:

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 5:24 NKJV:

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

John 8:10-11 NKJV:

When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?”
She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”

Geoff Primanti
Apr 16th 2016, 07:24 PM
You make a sobering reminder. We do not deserve to be able to stand before God. But neither should we fear, for the good news is that God forgives sin!

Hebrews 10:16-17 NKJV:

1 John 1:9 NKJV:

John 5:24 NKJV:

John 8:10-11 NKJV:

Amen, that is a given all throughout the Bible.

And to address a slightly different point, the grace of God means forgiveness even though we don't deserve it.