PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Ark of the Covenant?

Trivalee
May 23rd 2016, 03:50 PM
Like many, I continue to wonder what became of the Ark of the Covenant?

The last reference to the Ark is in 2 Chron 35:1-6 under king Josiah. John saw visions of an Ark in heaven in Rev 11:19; this raises the question whether it is the same one built by Moses or another? Personally, I don't believe the one in heaven is the same one on earth if we remember that most things on earth are shadows and reflections of the real deal in heaven.

Hebrew 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, see, said he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to the in the mount.

The whereabouts of the Ark has been an unending subject of debate for generations. There is no record of it falling into the hands of either the Babylonians or Assyrians during the exiles. Therefore, is there any possibility of it been recalled by God to heaven or is it still on earth? Isn't it inconceivable that the only physical symbol of God's presence with man could be so inexplicably unaccounted for?

Cloudwalker
May 23rd 2016, 03:56 PM
The prevailing theories that I have heard are (these are not in any particular order)
1) It was carried off by the Queen of Sheba in Solomon's time and now is in Southern Egypt/Ethiopia
2) It was hidden in hidden tunnels by the priests before the temple was destroyed
3) It was carried off by priests to some unknown location
4) It was taken into heaven

Stonesoffire
May 23rd 2016, 06:53 PM
It is hidden....maybe because the true ark that all mankind can "board" will be focused on in this age of His kingdom on earth?

The spiritual ark that gives us true safety from a satanic flood of evil is only the body of Jesus Christ.

jayne
May 23rd 2016, 07:32 PM
I don't know where the Ark of the Covenant is. But for the entire time of the Second Temple - for all those centuries, the Ark of the Covenant was not there. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Holy of Holies in the Second Temple empty because the Ark was gone?

The Temple still functioned just like it should to my knowledge - but I may be wrong on that, too.

With it being made of organic material and only overlaid in gold, it may not be in good shape today - if it is still here at all.

Fenris
May 23rd 2016, 07:40 PM
I don't know where the Ark of the Covenant is. But for the entire time of the Second Temple - for all those centuries, the Ark of the Covenant was not there. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Holy of Holies in the Second Temple empty because the Ark was gone?Correct. In 63 BC when the Romans invaded Jerusalem they forced their way into the Temple. They cut down by the sword the priests who would not stop their duties even under order. And then they entered the Holy of Holies, expecting to find...something. Instead it was empty, as befits the One true God who may not be seen.

The Temple still functioned just like it should to my knowledge - but I may be wrong on that, too.It did.

With it being made of organic material and only overlaid in gold, it may not be in good shape today - if it is still here at all.
The Talmud says it's buried under the Temple Mount. The book of 2 Maccabees says it was hidden by Jeremiah on Mount Nebo.

hawkman
May 23rd 2016, 10:45 PM
Aksum, Ethiopia but no outsiders get to see it :( . Article to readhttp://www.slate.com/articles/life/welltraveled/features/2010/in_the_land_of_sheba_a_pilgrimage_to_ethiopia/advice_from_the_guardian_of_the_ark_of_the_covenan t.html

Tony P
May 24th 2016, 12:04 AM
I have no idea where it is, but two possibilities stand out to me.

1. It was taken to heaven before Nebu destroyed the first Temple. Just as John sees in Revelation.

2. It is still here on earth and will be brought forth by Messiah. Given what is coming soon to the world (Ezekiel 38-39), could there a better time in all of history for the Arc of the Covenant to be found by Messiah than when Messiah fulfills the Covenant made with Abraham? Could you imagine a more gratifying experience for the remnant of Jews who witness Messiah than the reemergence of the Arc? That would fill their heart with gladness for a thousand years.

Number 2 is my favorite, although purely speculation.

birdy
May 24th 2016, 03:32 AM
Like many, I continue to wonder what became of the Ark of the Covenant?

The ark of the covenant and Noah's ark are two arks we see in the Bible. They provide a picture of the same thing really, and that is the eternal covenant God has with the true believers. When we see the ark of the covenant in heaven in Revelation it is also a picture of the same thing. God is just using parable language to talk about the eternal covenant with his true believers. It is just like when Jesus rides a white horse with the sword coming out of his mouth. It is parable language. The sword is not a physical metal sword but just the word of God. The horse is not a physical animal here but is the people of God. When Rev 11 says there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament, it means that God's eternal covenant with his people (his temple) is seen in them by their existence in Christ spiritually, by God having saved them. Noah's physical ark boat and the Old Testament ark box contraption have probably physically degraded or disappeared by now and if they still exist pysically it doesn't really matter at all. They don't get used in some kind of physical future experience or ritual. There is not some kind of time when suddenly the physical ark box contraption gets used again. These physical things were written about just as a pattern to help understand the nature of the lasting spiritual salvation.

shepherdsword
May 24th 2016, 07:56 AM
I have no idea where it is, but two possibilities stand out to me.

1. It was taken to heaven before Nebu destroyed the first Temple. Just as John sees in Revelation.

2. It is still here on earth and will be brought forth by Messiah. Given what is coming soon to the world (Ezekiel 38-39), could there a better time in all of history for the Arc of the Covenant to be found by Messiah than when Messiah fulfills the Covenant made with Abraham? Could you imagine a more gratifying experience for the remnant of Jews who witness Messiah than the reemergence of the Arc? That would fill their heart with gladness for a thousand years.

Number 2 is my favorite, although purely speculation.

When Jesus returns the last thing anyone will be thinking about is the Ark:

Jer 3:16 And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the Lord, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the Lord: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more.

follower777
May 24th 2016, 09:53 AM
The ark is the true gospel carried today on the shoulders of sanctified ministers of the new covenant.

Trivalee
May 24th 2016, 01:23 PM
I don't know where the Ark of the Covenant is. But for the entire time of the Second Temple - for all those centuries, the Ark of the Covenant was not there. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Holy of Holies in the Second Temple empty because the Ark was gone?

The Temple still functioned just like it should to my knowledge - but I may be wrong on that, too.

If it's still on earth, it will still be in pristine condition. Remember that God preserved the clothes of the children of Israel for 40 years in the desert that wear and tear had no effect on them? I agree with your conclusion though; if it is still here at all--it will still be in perfect condition, for God will look after his own tabernacle.

Fenris
May 24th 2016, 01:33 PM
If it's still on earth, it will still be in pristine condition.
Yeah it's not really a normal physical object, and shouldn't be thought of as one. Just touching it could kill a person. So I don't think it would be subject to normal wear and tear either.

undertheblood
May 24th 2016, 10:57 PM
I read that the High Priest (yes they have one now) have seen the Ark of the Covenant and at the proper time will reveal it.

John 8:32
May 27th 2016, 05:31 PM
Right where it has always been...

Rev 11:19 Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.

The Ark in the Temple was simply a copy or model...

Heb 8:5 who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, "SEE THAT YOU MAKE ALL THINGS ACCORDING TO THE PATTERN SHOWN YOU ON THE MOUNTAIN."

Heb 9:23 Therefore it was necessary that the copies of the things in the heavens should be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

Tony P
May 28th 2016, 03:36 AM
When Jesus returns the last thing anyone will be thinking about is the Ark:

Jer 3:16 And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the Lord, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the Lord: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more.

Don't forget the very next verse.

3:17 “At that time Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the Lord"

This is after the Millennium in the NHNE.

dan
May 28th 2016, 12:43 PM
If Ron Wyatt's research and explorations are correct, the AOTC is in the possession of the Israeli Government, who fears chaos if it is revealed to the world.

Trivalee
May 29th 2016, 02:48 PM
If Ron Wyatt's research and explorations are correct, the AOTC is in the possession of the Israeli Government, who fears chaos if it is revealed to the world.

Talk of conspiracy theories, this one is on a level of its own! Pray tell, what sort of chaos is Israeli Government supposed to fear from the world?

The Ark doesn't belong to the "world", it belongs to God with Israel as the custodian. Rom 3:1 What advantage then has the Jew, or what is the profit of circumcision? 2 Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles of God. Israel is the custodian of the Law and God's Tabernacle.

Further, we remember what happened to the Philistines in (1 Sam 5 and 6) when they captured the Ark and took it home for seven months. They suffered so much for it; God smote them with emerods and other pestilences that in the end they returned it to Israel with gifts. Whoever claimed Israel is fearful of acknowledging that the Ark is with them (rightfully theirs to keep) apparently hasn't read the scriptures.

Israel have no reason to hide it if they have it.

Stonesoffire
May 29th 2016, 03:00 PM
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I can see a temple being rebuilt, but I can't see another ark being placed in it other than the Ark of the New Testament.

To put blood of an animal on that OT Ark? Would Father allow it?

Trivalee
May 29th 2016, 06:15 PM
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I can see a temple being rebuilt, but I can't see another ark being placed in it other than the Ark of the New Testament.

To put blood of an animal on that OT Ark? Would Father allow it?

Are you not missing the point? Nobody suggests for a minute that the Ark has any relevance in worship today. The discussion is just a curious question whether anyone can hazard a guess as to what happened to it as it seems to have vanished into thin air.

Stonesoffire
May 30th 2016, 12:06 AM
Was just making a comment Trivalee.

dan
May 30th 2016, 08:27 PM
Talk of conspiracy theories, this one is on a level of its own! Pray tell, what sort of chaos is Israeli Government supposed to fear from the world?

:lol:Oh, sure, and besides, the governments of the world and academic archaeology have always been willing and responsible to the evidence of the truth of the Bible! NOT! :lol:

It's not possible that the religious Jews of the world would demand possession of their oracle, and, further, the immediate building of their new Temple? :lol:

I tell you that THAT is a certainty, IMO.

The Ark doesn't belong to the "world", it belongs to God with Israel as the custodian. Rom 3:1 What advantage then has the Jew, or what is the profit of circumcision? 2 Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles of God. Israel is the custodian of the Law and God's Tabernacle.

Again, all the world's governments have a great interest in provoking the Muslims of the world after fundamental Jewry demands their Temple be built on the Mount?:lol:

Further, we remember what happened to the Philistines in (1 Sam 5 and 6) when they captured the Ark and took it home for seven months. They suffered so much for it; God smote them with emerods and other pestilences that in the end they returned it to Israel with gifts. Whoever claimed Israel is fearful of acknowledging that the Ark is with them (rightfully theirs to keep) apparently hasn't read the scriptures.

And whoever believes that one can cause peace by building the Temple on the Mount hasn't read a newspaper, EVER! :rofl:

Israel have no reason to hide it if they have it.

You must tell me the name of your oculist, so I may warn my family to avoid him! :rofl:

Stonesoffire
May 30th 2016, 08:36 PM
Hi dan

Am not an expert on the last book of the bible, but if Jesus is to literally sit on a throne of David, it will have to be built. But you are so right. The tension on the Temple Mount now is very high, moreso on the side of the Muslims. It would have to be an act of God Himself to rebuild it.

Did not He allow it to be removed? Would Christians understand the heart being the temple of God, the kingdom of God, had it remained?

Is this a reason why the ark is not found?

The end...yet to be unveiled....exciting times! Lol

dan
May 30th 2016, 08:55 PM
Hi dan

Am not an expert on the last book of the bible, but if Jesus is to literally sit on a throne of David, it will have to be built. But you are so right. The tension on the Temple Mount now is very high, moreso on the side of the Muslims. It would have to be an act of God Himself to rebuild it.

Did not He allow it to be removed? Would Christians understand the heart being the temple of God, the kingdom of God, had it remained?l

Is this a reason why the ark is not found?

The end...yet to be unveiled....exciting times! Lol

An Act Of God?

Perhaps, but maybe it will just be an act of one who needs to take advantage of the circumstances.

DAN 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

As to the Christian's Understanding, I believe it would not be a problem as long as one sees Jesus' Words as being literal at the correct times, as in many other cases.

ross3421
May 31st 2016, 08:06 AM
I had read an interesting article saying the ark was inside the mountain below the exact spot where Christ was crucified......and that the blood which was shed fell into the earth and upon the ark.....

dan
May 31st 2016, 08:21 AM
I had read an interesting article saying the ark was inside the mountain below the exact spot where Christ was crucified......and that the blood which was shed fell into the earth and upon the ark.....

Yes, and wouldn't that be appropriate?

The Last Sacrifice having Their Blood sprinkled on the Mercy Seat....Just like all the others.

Wyatt claimed he had the blood tested and it was AB+ type and became able to be tested for chromosome count after placing it in saline, at which time it showed itself to have ONLY 23 chromosomes!

Which doesn't sound right, but, all things are possible with God.

ross3421
May 31st 2016, 09:18 AM
Yes, and wouldn't that be appropriate?

The Last Sacrifice having Their Blood sprinkled on the Mercy Seat....Just like all the others.

Wyatt claimed he had the blood tested and it was AB+ type and became able to be tested for chromosome count after placing it in saline, at which time it showed itself to have ONLY 23 chromosomes!

Which doesn't sound right, but, all things are possible with God.

Well remember the virgin birth and Christ received no blood from Mary.....so would he not only have one set of chromosomes from his father?...

Could the body of Christ be cloned???? What a deception that could be........

dan
May 31st 2016, 10:50 PM
Well remember the virgin birth and Christ received no blood from Mary.....so would he not only have one set of chromosomes from his father?...

Interesting.

I was thinking that the Holy Spirit's chromosomes are not visible to us.

God doing anything that could be seen as a deception?

But, at least it would be in the cause of good.

dan
Jun 6th 2016, 10:37 AM

Oops! I see that I misunderstood your post.

You referred to the blood of the Christ being used to make a clone of Jesus?

Wow, what a concept, may human cloning be made impossible forever, in Jesus' Name, amen.

Reynolds357
Jun 6th 2016, 05:51 PM
Are you not missing the point? Nobody suggests for a minute that the Ark has any relevance in worship today. The discussion is just a curious question whether anyone can hazard a guess as to what happened to it as it seems to have vanished into thin air.
I think it rotted somewhere. Perhaps it was stripped of its Gold and the wood burned to make a campfire. Perhaps it was buried and with time it just rotted. Perhaps God destroyed it. Who knows? My level of caring where it is actually goes no deeper than the Indiana Jones Movies.

ewq1938
Jun 11th 2016, 12:04 AM
John saw it in heaven.

Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

dan
Jun 11th 2016, 12:38 PM
John saw it in heaven.

Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

True!

But, everything in the Temple has a "Twin," as it were, in Heaven.

ewq1938
Jun 12th 2016, 01:21 AM
True!

But, everything in the Temple has a "Twin," as it were, in Heaven.

I disagree everything on Earth has a heavenly twin.

Jacob's Ladder
Jun 15th 2016, 06:06 AM
Excuse my laziness, I have not read much through this thread, but just want to address the title of this thread's question, to maybe spark an alternative perspective into the discussion here.

I guess you can call my post a here "drive-by".
But it's not a random drive-by, it's a very, very targeted one.

The Ark of the Covenant now resides in the hearts of any and all earnest believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. (still kind of hard to find, but that's where it is !)
I've seen it there, seen it with my new eyes, and I feel it there, feel it with my new heart. :pp

As heavy as it is (all of that gold and rare timber), God's Spirit carries it, so it's yoke is easy, and it's burden is light.
...I use to despise riddles when I was a young man.

Tony P
Jun 17th 2016, 01:45 AM
This might be interesting to some here. It is in catholic scripture.

2 Maccabees 2:4 It was also in the same document that the prophet, having received an oracle, ordered that the tent and the ark should follow with him, and that he went out to the mountain where Moses had gone up and had seen the inheritance of God. 5 Jeremiah came and found a cave-dwelling, and he brought there the tent and the ark and the altar of incense; then he sealed up the entrance. 6 Some of those who followed him came up intending to mark the way, but could not find it. 7 When Jeremiah learned of it, he rebuked them and declared: “The place shall remain unknown until God gathers his people together again and shows his mercy. 8 Then the Lord will disclose these things, and the glory of the Lord and the cloud will appear, as they were shown in the case of Moses, and as Solomon asked that the place should be specially consecrated.”

dan
Jun 18th 2016, 09:35 AM
I disagree everything on Earth has a heavenly twin.

Well, gee, I never said "everything on Earth," I said "everything in the Temple.

ewq1938
Jun 18th 2016, 10:52 PM
Well, gee, I never said "everything on Earth," I said "everything in the Temple.

Same difference. Yes there was an Earthly temple and there is a heavenly temple but we are never told there were two arks. Two stones with the ten commandments in it also? I submit the ark is one of a kind and was built on the Earth and was eventually taken into heaven because man no longer deserved it.

dan
Jun 19th 2016, 07:00 PM
Same difference. Yes there was an Earthly temple and there is a heavenly temple but we are never told there were two arks. Two stones with the ten commandments in it also? I submit the ark is one of a kind and was built on the Earth and was eventually taken into heaven because man no longer deserved it.

Really?

So, the entire contents of the Earth are the equivalent to the contents of the Temple?:rolleyes::lol::rofl:

Servant-of-Christ
Jun 24th 2016, 02:45 PM
It is hidden....maybe because the true ark that all mankind can "board" will be focused on in this age of His kingdom on earth?

The spiritual ark that gives us true safety from a satanic flood of evil is only the body of Jesus Christ.

This is the correct focus. Christ is the Ark; the physical Ark of the Covenant was a shadow of Christ (Col. 2:16-17; Heb. 8:5; Heb. 10:1), just like Noah's Ark was a shadow of Christ.

By entering Christ by faith (like Noah entered the Ark through faith), we are saved from the judgment God brings. God sealed Noah in the Ark (Gen. 7:16), and likewise He seals us by faith (2 Cor. 1:22; Eph. 4:30).

ChangedByHim
Jun 24th 2016, 04:43 PM

Wut??? ?

David Taylor
Jul 1st 2016, 02:39 PM
Could the body of Christ be cloned????

Of course it could be.

Just after you commendeer the USS Enterprise, to transwarp out of this space-time continuum into the realm of Shakari, and use the transporter to make an atomic duplicate of Jesus.
We've seen the Enterprise to go Shakari (Heaven) before, and we have seen the Enterprise transporter be able to make clones before.

Other than that, I think you are out of luck.

LB SCRIPT
Oct 7th 2018, 12:50 AM
If someone really wanted to know where the ark is located all you have to do is a little research. Go to the temple institute .org website... go down to the little blue tab across the top and click on study tools. That will take you to gray drop down tabs. Click on articles and then where is the ark. Read the article. They state they have known where it is for a long time. Why are people still looking for it I will never understand. They also state there will be a time for it to be brought out to the public. Ummmm, I don’t know about you guys but I think it will be when the antichrist sits on the throne maybe? You don’t have to believe me go read it for yourselves. Diligent studies always give answers. Thank you Jesus!