PDA

View Full Version : What to you is the secret place?

Stonesoffire
May 23rd 2016, 06:57 PM
Psa 91:1 (verseid:19.91.1) He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide in the shade of the Almighty.

Psa 91:4 (verseid:19.91.4) With His feathers He will cover you, and under His wings you shall seek refuge; His truth is a shield and buckler.

?

jayne
May 23rd 2016, 07:23 PM
I always liked Psalm 91 - it has some history to it. Moses wrote it and the devil misquoted it intentionally when trying to tempt Jesus to jump off the Temple.

I don't think the secret place of the Most High is a literal place. I think it's where you and God are at the most close and intimate times of your relationship. It's wherever you are when you are praying your hardest or devouring his Word at your most spiritually hungry. It's where you are when you are at your most silent and listening the most intently to God and fellowshipping with him. It's wherever you are when you are completely covered in the armor of God and following the leadership of the Holy Spirit into battle.

Our relationship with God is nothing if not private and intensely personal. I think that's the secret place.

Fenris
May 23rd 2016, 07:34 PM
The Hebrew word is סֵתֶר, maybe better translated in this instance as "shelter" or "cover". I'm with Jayne, it's not a literal place, it's a poetic expression. God is keeping you safe, in His shadow. Under His wing. Etc.

Blain
May 23rd 2016, 07:38 PM
jayne said it best:)
No matter how bad my day has gone even if everything bad that could have happened happened even if i was stressed beyond reason if at the end of the day God and I spent five minutes together connecting intimately allows our hearts to speak the depth of our feelings and love for each other with words unspoken by voice and with words only the heart can speak then that entire day was well worth it.

For me the times in that secret special place with him is more than feeling close to him they are my greatest treasures in this life the times I adore and cherish the most

Slug1
May 23rd 2016, 07:42 PM
Psa 91:1 (verseid:19.91.1)He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide in the shade of the Almighty.

Psa 91:4 (verseid:19.91.4) With His feathers He will cover you, and under His wings you shall seek refuge; His truth is a shield and buckler.

?

The secret place is one's personal relationship and the "where" can be anywhere when one is alone with God. It's about "trusting" (v2) in God and that trust begins in our one on one communes with God. When we pray, when we fast and pray, when we are studying the Word alone and allowing the Holy Spirit to guide, etc. Trust is about putting God first in one's life, placing God CENTER in all that one thinks about and does. A simple question when a situation arises and a decision is to be made... SEEK God first for an answer. All who did this and TRUSTED God, He always answered and gave them an answer that brought total victory.

V8 helps too... when God "sends" wrath upon evil/wrong doers, Christians can stand right in their midst and not be affected by all the peril, problems, sickness etc that is happening to those who God is bearing wrath on. Ever been a victim of gossip in a church but the victim of the gossip holds fast to God, keeps God center in their life, they trust in God. In time, those spreading the gossip begin to reap calamity and when it's all done the one's who trusted in God are vindicated and those perpetrating the gossip, either one of two things have happened... they relented from their evil and repented, sought forgiveness of those who they attempted to hurt, OR... the peril, sicknesses, calamities take them out because they held to their evil gossiping actions and didn't repent, nor admit their wrong to those they were attempting to hurt and thus, never sought reconciliation.

Edit... I just read the posts since I began to write. Hooah!

follower777
May 24th 2016, 12:29 AM
For me, the Most High's secret place is the only place true peace and the profoundest love is found. I want to dwell always in that secret place, to abide hidden in the bosom of the Lord where none can steal me from His embrace. In His secret place, the filling up of His Spirit in me runs over and His righteousness is my garment. The delight of my soul is in the joy of communion with Him.

pekoe
May 24th 2016, 07:56 PM
"...your life is hid with Christ in God." Col.3:3

Stonesoffire
May 25th 2016, 03:10 AM
Luk 24:4 And it happened, as they were perplexed about this, even behold, two men in shining clothing stood by them.

All good answers, and I have to say I would say all these things too if I had not just listened to a minister from W. Virginia. His name is Lynn Hiles, and he has such great revelations about Jesus that I've wept at the goodness of the Lord that he has brought out of the Word.

Who has feathers? What were these shining beings, men or something supernatural? What was their purpose there?

Heres a big hint.. Am not being prideful here...my purpose is (hopefully) just to stir up a hunger for revelation. I know though, not all like symbolism. And that's ok too. :)

Exo 37:7 And he made two cherubs of gold; he made them of beaten work, from the two ends of the mercyseat;
Exo 37:8 one cherub here at one end, and one cherub here at the other end. He made the cherubs from the mercyseat, from its two ends.
Exo 37:9 And the cherubs were spreading out wings above, covering the mercy-seat with their wings, their faces each toward the other; the faces of the cherubs were toward the mercyseat.

Stonesoffire
May 26th 2016, 12:11 AM
Looking at the mercy seat in the temple- atoning blood of sacrifice placed over the ark of testament, between the outstretched touching wings of cherubim- the tomb of Messiah.

Dwelling in the mercy of the Most High God.

Only with our eyes will we see the reward of the wicked.

It all gels together for me in a greater way.

Glorious
May 26th 2016, 04:54 PM
There are places in God: the place of the Spirit, places of Jesus as the Christ (the Rock), the Lord and the Lord Almighty, place of the God Almighty.

All these places are hidden; they remain a mystery to those who have not received the revelation of God.

So, in the mystery of God are secret places in which saints dwell. In that mystery is the shadow of the Almighty (the Lord God Almighty), hidden treasures, wings (power) under which we find refuge, the truth, and other things of godliness.

Scooby_Snacks
May 27th 2016, 01:48 AM
When God speaks to me through another person and touches my heart, I know of His visitation and care for me.
It is secret, because He knows what I needed to hear, or know to be encouraged. The person He uses may not know His plans.

Acts28
May 27th 2016, 03:22 PM
God's Secret Place is the uncreated "far above all heavens" or "heavenly places", where Christ is presently hid in God. It's far above the created heavens where the New Jerusalem is located.

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Eph 1:20-21 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

If you believe the brand new calling in Eph, Phil, Col, and 2 Tim, you can end up residing in this holy of holies instead of the Jewish New Jerusalem. This calling for today has absolutely nothing to do with the calling in Rom or Cor or Thess or any other books written during the Acts period.

Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

The Greek translated as Heavenly Places occurs only in the book of Ephesians. It occurs there 5 times. It means in the super-heavenlies. It IS NOT the New Jerusalem

Col 3:1-4 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Glory in vs 4 is defined as being above the heavens. For those that believe this calling, vs 4 is our "rapture", which is totally different, and sooner, than the Jewish one in 1 Thess 4 and Cor that occurs after the trib.

Ps 8:1 O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.

Anyone can have this calling. All you have to do is believe God's word in Paul's epistles written after the Acts period. This is the truth for today. All that was written during the Acts period was the truth 2000 years ago but not for today.

Stonesoffire
May 27th 2016, 04:40 PM
Am doing a word study right now on Ephesians. So you have my attention. I have to agree that it's a secret place. Though there may be some walking like this. I have no idea though what exactly this means. What does it entail to walk with Christ in heavenly places?

I thought the rapture would be the ultimate experience when changed from mortal to immortal?

Acts28
May 27th 2016, 08:21 PM
Am doing a word study right now on Ephesians. So you have my attention. I have to agree that it's a secret place. Though there may be some walking like this. I have no idea though what exactly this means. What does it entail to walk with Christ in heavenly places?

I thought the rapture would be the ultimate experience when changed from mortal to immortal?
The people during Acts that had a hope of the rapture (post-trib, I believe) in 1 Thess 4:15-17 (http://biblia.com/bible/hcsb/1%20Thess%204.15-17) had a calling, at best, of the New Jerusalem. which is located in the created heavens.

The people to whom Paul's last 7 books (Eph, Phil, Col, 1&2 Tim, Titus, Philemon) are addressed to have a pre-trib hope of appearing in Glory with Christ when He makes His appearance Col 3:4. Glory, in Ps 8:1 (http://biblia.com/bible/hcsb/Ps%208.1), is said to be "above the Heavens. The Greek phrase translated "heavenly places" appears only in Ephesians (5 times). It means " in the super-heavenlies". It is said to be "far above all heavens". Unlike the created heavens, where the New Jerusalem is, the heavenly places are he uncreated abode of God where Christ is presently hid in God and where we that see and believe these truths are hid in Christ. You can't drag anything from the Acts period into the present 2000 year period addressed to only in Paul's last 7 books. My main mentor, Charles H. Welch, said that there are no tracks into Paul's last 7 books and no tracks out. It's a calling not found anywhere else in the Bible/

Heavenly Places is the Holy of Holies, the Holiest of All. The New Jerusalem will be in the created heavens, the Holy Place.

Eph 1:3 (http://biblia.com/bible/hcsb/Eph%201.3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Eph 1:20-21 (http://biblia.com/bible/hcsb/Eph%201.20-21) Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Eph 2:6 (http://biblia.com/bible/hcsb/Eph%202.6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Eph 4:10 (http://biblia.com/bible/hcsb/Eph%204.10) He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Can you see these things???

Also, the people in Eph were chosen before the beginning or foundation of the world

Eph 1:4 (http://biblia.com/bible/hcsb/Eph%201.4) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Those in Thess were chosen from or since the beginning of the world

2Thess 2:13 (http://biblia.com/bible/hcsb/2%20Thess%202.13) But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Think about it and read Ephesians prayerfully. Take your shoes off and leave your baggage (everything you think you know) at the gate before entering the Holy of Holies, the above-heavenly calling in Ephesians.

JJ483
May 28th 2016, 02:54 PM
Anywhere that I decide to come to the Throne of Grace thru my Savior God and High Priest Jesus Christ.
14) Seeing then that we have a great High Priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15) For we have not an High Priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16) Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:14-16

Not only do we have complete access to God's throne of grace thru Jesus; but we also enjoy our true Sabbath thru Christ Jesus, Hebrews 4:9-10; Matthew 11:28-30 and Colossians 2:16-17. Talk about abiding under the shadows of the Almighty we who all are so sinful, get to rest in Christ perfect work, what better refuge and fortress then Jesus finished work, John 19:30 which perfects us one and for all, Hebrews 10:14. And when we enter into His throne of grace, we have Jesus Christ our High Priest making intercession for us, Hebrews 7:26, 9:24 and Romans 8:34.

The Secret Place is where I address God the Father thru God the Son in a private place so that I do not appear before men, so that I can appear to be religious but before my Father who delights to hear from me, Matthew 6:5-6 so I can get closer to my inheritance as part of the Family of God, speaking of Jesus, Paul states: 18) For through Him, we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19) Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and household of God; Ephesians 2:18-19

Stonesoffire
May 28th 2016, 06:08 PM
Thanks JJ for your post. :) The secret place seems to be that special place of revelation to us personally of our uniting with Jesus. How He touches each one of us in our need of experiencing Him.

Acts, I looked at a website that has teachings by Charles Welch. Called heavendwellers.com..

Yesterday, a lot of different thoughts were swirling around in my mind...then Holy Spirit spoke to me..."let Me love you".

Am thinking that we can know a lot to fill our mind about the Holiness of God the Father....but doesn't that put pressure on our fleshly ways of trying to please a Holy God by our living? Rather than by just by living in the body of Christ together with all other members who believe the same about Jesus? Are we all to be separated by divisions of a temple? Or should not we all be allowed to go in and out of the presence of the Holiest place of all because of blood on that mercy seat before His throne?

My heart has always had the theme of unity of believers....not all have been given the same functions or ministries, but these things are given only as means to serve one another. And even though I see this and believe this is right, I myself have not always known how to express what I believe towards others. The law of love is a selfless love. Beyond our natural ability.

We just need Holy Spirit....is my only conclusion. He is the law of love personified. And walk with Him. All other stuff we can turn and make it religious fluff that changes neither our own being, nor any other living in our world.

That too seems to me to be the way to the fruits of Holy Spirit...a restful, resting life trusting in the power of another, who is greater than all.