PDA

View Full Version : Worldly Quote - You only live once.

chad
Nov 27th 2016, 08:03 AM
I was thinking about this the other night, along with other similar quotes and I thought, as a Christian does it really matter?

Worldly Quotes on You only live once...

You only live once, so don't care about what people think about you. Live the life the way you want to...

Life is a one time offer, use it wisely...

You only live once, you might as well be a bad ass ...

Enjoy life Now, this is not a rehearsal ....

Don't live life so seriously, it's not like your going to get out alive ....

If Christians are to be raised again and will live forever with God...does it really matter?

Would it not be better instead as a Christian to think and say ... Live live according to the will of God, even if comes with good or bad circumstances. Even though we don't get the perfect life as the world portrays as normal and perfect?

Who cares if we don't live by the expectations and standards of the world [In terms of belief and what they run after], isn't it a better idea to live by the word and will of God.

If we are going be resurrected and live eternally forever .... does it really matter that much about the short life that we live here on earth according in terms of 'the wisdom, expectations and standards of this world?'

mailmandan
Nov 27th 2016, 12:05 PM
"It's my life and I'll do what I want" is certainly a worldly quote.

matthewhenry
Nov 28th 2016, 07:14 AM
As dcTalk so eloquently said:

Speak your mind, look out for yourself
The answer to it all is a life of wealth
Grab all you can 'cause you live just once
You got the right to do whatever you want
Don't worry about others or where you came from
It ain't what you were, it's what you have become

Sadly that's the motto for our generation.

keck553
Nov 28th 2016, 11:55 PM
I lived once in an earthly context, but then I was reborn into eternal life. :)

That flips all those paradigms.

EdithLance
Dec 14th 2016, 05:01 AM
Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

Iconoclast85
Dec 14th 2016, 11:11 PM
I was thinking about this the other night, along with other similar quotes and I thought, as a Christian does it really matter?

Worldly Quotes on You only live once...

You only live once, so don't care about what people think about you. Live the life the way you want to...

Life is a one time offer, use it wisely...

You only live once, you might as well be a bad ass ...

Enjoy life Now, this is not a rehearsal ....

Don't live life so seriously, it's not like your going to get out alive ....

If Christians are to be raised again and will live forever with God...does it really matter?

Would it not be better instead as a Christian to think and say ... Live live according to the will of God, even if comes with good or bad circumstances. Even though we don't get the perfect life as the world portrays as normal and perfect?

Who cares if we don't live by the expectations and standards of the world [In terms of belief and what they run after], isn't it a better idea to live by the word and will of God.

If we are going be resurrected and live eternally forever .... does it really matter that much about the short life that we live here on earth according in terms of 'the wisdom, expectations and standards of this world?'

A lot of those worldly thoughts are from an Epicurean philosophy...eat, drink and be merry...but Paul did not share that view;1cor15
19*If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

mailmandan
Dec 15th 2016, 11:30 AM
"He who dies with the most toys, wins" is certainly a worldly quote.