PDA

View Full Version : Rightly Divided

grams
Dec 16th 2016, 08:55 PM
hope this can work for I have trouble explaining this.

This is from our church and I believe the preacher we have explains
things so well , that I can actually understand.......
I have gone through the bible a number of times and still need help.
We live to far now from the church so we try and watch on the computer
Gas price is up again, and having so many people all 11 of us including
of course 8 children...... I pray this forum will allow this , it is just a lot of
old tapes..... Thank You !

https://www.youtube.com/user/rightlydivide

mailmandan
Dec 17th 2016, 11:15 AM
2 Timothy 2:15 - Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

boangry
Dec 18th 2016, 09:59 AM

of course 8 children...... I pray this forum will allow this , it is just a lot of

Thanks, Im checking out a couple of messages on rightly dividing

There is some real good solid stuff here but, and sorry for the butt (its easier to bring up differences than agreeences) , Instead of listening to all the messages if you could confirm this, they seem to have a different way of salvation for Israel in the past(law)and for the gentiles now(grace)?

There appears to be an over-reaction to grace trumping the law, baptism is a New testament ordinance like the Lords supper, Israel did not have a law to baptise people (I realise John did baptise but not according to the law but he was preparing the way for the Lord and showing forth the D/B/R) anyway although I agree water baptism is not necessary for salvation and I don't even wont to start this topic im just wondering or guessing where this leads or if this thought flows through to the Lords supper, Do you guys meet and break bread or take the communion?

times past
but now
ages to come (trying to get my head around this)

question! if I was born a gentile in old testament times(times past) could I still have faith in God and secure a future home in heaven with God looking ahead to Christ and by Gods grace? for example if I lived in Nineveh and repented.

grams
Dec 18th 2016, 11:08 PM
But Now !

WE do not follow the Apostils .... We follow Paul. In Acts 9, You can see God talked to him.

And told him about being the man to tell the Gentiles ? Of this time.......

The whole bible is for us.........

But the whole bible is not to us.

After the cross and After God spoke to Paul. Things began to change for all of us......

There is a time Past................

But Now...............................

Ages to come..........................

boangry
Dec 19th 2016, 10:41 AM
But Now !

WE do not follow the Apostils .... We follow Paul. Not that I follow any of the apostles including Paul, for they all follow Christ as we are all meant to walk after/in Christ, when Paul exhorted the Corinthians to be a follower of him, he was not asking them to follow him over other men, no way! but he was asking them to follow his example of being a follower of Christ or in Christ. So I will follow Paul in this context as I will follow Peter in this context.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Be you followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

1Co 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
1Co 4:17 For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.

Jesus tells us 19 times to follow him in the gospel accounts for example

Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. Matthew 16:24

In Acts 9, You can see God talked to him.

And told him about being the man to tell the Gentiles ? Of this time....... Yes in acts 9 Paul spent some time with the Lord, an apostle just like the others.

Now as they observed the confidence of Peter and John and understood that they were uneducated and untrained men, they were amazed, and began to recognize them as having been with Jesus. Acts 4:13

The whole bible is for us.........

But the whole bible is not to us. Ive heard this before but not in this context, for example instructions for Israel conquering peoples in Canaan is not to us (for us to follow) but it is for us.(spiritual lessons) You said you follow Paul and not all the apostles but Paul and say James are the same right? So is the book of James to us and not for us like Pauls epistles?

After the cross and After God spoke to Paul. Things began to change for all of us......

There is a time Past................

But Now...............................

Ages to come.......................... The formation of the Church is awesome it was a mystery hidden throughout the old testament and brought to fruition through Christs work on the cross and the sending of the Holy Spirit.

Not trying to pigeon hole your church, (I like knowing churches beliefs for some reason) Im just wanting shortcuts to belief patterns ive ascertained they don't have water baptisms? and I will listen to more messages but do you guys partake of the Lords supper when you meet?

Also could gentiles of faith have been saved by Gods grace in the old testament for example someone who lived and repented in Nineveh?

grams
Dec 21st 2016, 02:11 PM
Well, first I have to say this..... my husband and I moved in with our one son and his wife and 8 children.
My husband needed help. Well after a few months he passed away.
I am still here . And the point of this is it is hard to get all 11 of us into one van. now its broken and taking 2 cars is a lot of gas. Since the drive
is about one 1 hour away.
So we now watch on the computer when possible..... Being out like we are the program is not coming in good. It is the picture / voice / or
both. So we are not always getting the program..... any way.

We did every so often have juice and bread.......
I came from a Catholic family and was Baptized as a infant But that is a long story also . Part of that is , it was a long time ago....
And the church I went to did not use a bible. The priest had his Latin one. But we did not understand Latin of course.
And it was a Polish church , so we had two different languishes....... we did not understand either.. I hear now they do use the bible.
So at this church it was so good to be able to follow along using the bible ..... and a song once in a while.

boangry
Dec 24th 2016, 03:28 AM
Well, first I have to say this..... my husband and I moved in with our one son and his wife and 8 children.
My husband needed help. Well after a few months he passed away.
I am still here . And the point of this is it is hard to get all 11 of us into one van. now its broken and taking 2 cars is a lot of gas. Since the drive
is about one 1 hour away.
So we now watch on the computer when possible..... Being out like we are the program is not coming in good. It is the picture / voice / or
both. So we are not always getting the program..... any way.

We did every so often have juice and bread.......
I came from a Catholic family and was Baptized as a infant But that is a long story also . Part of that is , it was a long time ago....
And the church I went to did not use a bible. The priest had his Latin one. But we did not understand Latin of course.
And it was a Polish church , so we had two different languishes....... we did not understand either.. I hear now they do use the bible.
So at this church it was so good to be able to follow along using the bible ..... and a song once in a while.

Hi Grams, its always encouraging to hear of trials with Christians who have the ability to and overcome them in Christ, it helps the family environment of believers to encourage and exhort one another in all circumstances and produces more reliance on the Lord.
I married a catholic, and I was saved at a later date and she was also saved after that and she was later water baptised which meant she was baptised as an infant then as an adult, which is quite a strong witness for her new belief now by grace and not by works and the symbolism of the death burial and new life, as you can imagine, was not looked at favourably by her family but adds to her testimony.

The messages ive listened to have a good foundation on the gospel of Christ and the cross, and im not judging the church, anyway I think its love for its members and one another, or if people do not lord over one another etc I would judge and I cant do that not being there personally anyway.

I find it fascinating though that the main difference of view to what I currently think is the right dividing of scriptures into differing segments, 1tim 2:15 can be taken in more than one context and to separate Pauls epistles from the other epistles and say only Pauls are to us and the rest of them are not seems to me to be looking at only a portion of what God has instructed for us, for I believe saying they are all to us gives us a bigger and more accurate view of the church.

What do you think is wrong with this thinking? is there a reason why the epistles of John cant be equal to and therefore as beneficial and needed for me as the epistles of Paul?

grams
Dec 24th 2016, 06:20 PM
As I stated in the post.............

THE WHOLE BIBLE IS FOR US...............

BUT NOT TO US........................

grams
Dec 24th 2016, 06:25 PM
As I said in the post.......

The whole bible is for us........

But not to us.............

Eph. 2:

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

dan p
Jul 21st 2017, 06:15 PM

Hi and if you believe in 2 Tim 2:15 , do you believe in the the MYSTERY in Rom 16:25 and 26 ??

dan p

Daniel567
Jul 21st 2017, 06:48 PM
As I stated in the post.............

THE WHOLE BIBLE IS FOR US...............

BUT NOT TO US........................

grams,

This is all well and good, but Christians need to clearly understand that ever since Abel believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness, there has been only ONE PLAN OF SALVATION, which is that God justifies by His grace all those who believe on Him and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Please note (Hebrews 11:4):

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

How did Abel become righteous? By believing God and having righteousness imputed to him for his faith. How did he demonstrate his faith? By offering animal sacrifices in which their blood was shed, indicating thereby that God would provide Himself a Lamb who would shed His blood for our redemption.

This is also how Abraham was deemed to be righteous (by believing God), and this is also exactly how every sinner who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is deemed to be righteous. When we believe the Gospel, we believe God, and Paul's Gospel is no different than the Gospel of Christ or the apostles, or even the Gospel which was "preached" to the Israelites through Moses (John 3:14-27):

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Abel goes all the way back almost to creation, but the plan of salvation has not changed as you can see in Ephesians 2:8-10.

dan p
Jul 21st 2017, 07:08 PM
grams,

This is all well and good, but Christians need to clearly understand that ever since Abel believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness, there has been only ONE PLAN OF SALVATION, which is that God justifies by His grace all those who believe on Him and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Please note (Hebrews 11:4):

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

How did Abel become righteous? By believing God and having righteousness imputed to him for his faith. How did he demonstrate his faith? By offering animal sacrifices in which their blood was shed, indicating thereby that God would provide Himself a Lamb who would shed His blood for our redemption.

This is also how Abraham was deemed to be righteous (by believing God), and this is also exactly how every sinner who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is deemed to be righteous. When we believe the Gospel, we believe God, and Paul's Gospel is no different than the Gospel of Christ or the apostles, or even the Gospel which was "preached" to the Israelites through Moses (John 3:14-27):

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Abel goes all the way back almost to creation, but the plan of salvation has not changed as you can see in Ephesians 2:8-10.

Hi and what doe Eph 2:5 and 8 , mean ??

You nsay there is only one plan of salvation , so how was Paul saved in Acts 9:6 ??

Ot how about Cornelius in Acts 10 :45-48 ??

dan p

Daniel567
Jul 21st 2017, 07:48 PM
Hi and what doe Eph 2:5 and 8 , mean ??

Ephesians 2:5
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ are born again, and it is at that moment that their spirits are "quickened" or made alive by the Holy Spirit (who comes to indwell the believer). And it is only by grace that we are saved and regenerated. Before that our spirits are dead, which is indicated by "dead in sins".

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

This is self-explanatory. Salvation (the gift of eternal life) is God's gift of grace to those who repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

You say there is only one plan of salvation , so how was Paul saved in Acts 9:6 ??
By grace through faith. Paul was an enemy of Christ, but the moment he addressed Him as "Lord", he believed that Jesus was both Lord and Christ.

Or how about Cornelius in Acts 10 :45-48 ??
Exactly the same way. Cornelius and his household received the gift of the Holy Spirit because they believed the Gospel which was preached by Peter.

dan p
Jul 22nd 2017, 05:58 PM
Ephesians 2:5
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ are born again, and it is at that moment that their spirits are "quickened" or made alive by the Holy Spirit (who comes to indwell the believer). And it is only by grace that we are saved and regenerated. Before that our spirits are dead, which is indicated by "dead in sins".

Ephesians 2:8

This is self-explanatory. Salvation (the gift of eternal life) is God's gift of grace to those who repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

By grace through faith. Paul was an enemy of Christ, but the moment he addressed Him as "Lord", he believed that Jesus was both Lord and Christ.

Exactly the same way. Cornelius and his household received the gift of the Holy Spirit because they believed the Gospel which was preached by Peter.

Hi and let me begin with Eph 2:8 and the KJV reads , For by grace are you saved is not a good translation !!

Here is how it should BEGIN , For by Grace you are HAVING BEEN SAVED !!

#1 , The Greek word SOZO / SAVED is in the Greek PEREFCT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and a PARTICIPLE !!

#2 , The PARTICIPLES seem to always end in " ING " and HAVING says you have been saved !!

#3 , The PASSIVE VOICE means some one saved you , God !!

#4 The PERFECT TENSE happens like this , I was born in 1936 which is the AORIST TENSE which began in 1936 BUT that means I am in the Greek PRESENT TENSE for over 80 years and the Present tense says it is a CONTINUOUS ACTION until I die !!

This means the that the AORIST TENSE is what we call the passed tense COMBINED with the PRESENT TENSE make the PERFECT TENSE !!

The take away is before a person is saved , God has to give the faith to all BEFORE salvation can happen !!

The PRESENT GTENSE says we are OSAS !!

dan p