PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for peace at my job

mailmandan
Jan 2nd 2017, 04:39 PM
Lately, my work place has been turning into a toxic environment. There are a group of about 8 of us there who profess to be Christians and there has been too much back biting lately (even among professing Christians there) which has caused to me lose my temper a bit on occasions.

Just recently, I got upset and said a few choice words (instead of receiving encouragement from other Christians) one person who is a professing Christian tried to egg me on to get even more upset and another person who is also a professing Christian talked with him behind my back, slamming me by saying it's people like me who give Christians a bad name, even though that particular back biter is well known for being hateful and having a terrible work ethic.

The person who she talked with behind my back then told me what she said in hopes to stir up trouble. It's really gotten off the deep end silly lately at work! It's been like high school from hell! Please pray that I will remain patient and not lose my temper at work (I have a low tolerance for such nonsense) and also please pray for peace and unity between all of us there. :pray:

IMINXTC
Jan 2nd 2017, 06:48 PM
I will keep this in view today as I work. Praying this morning that the Lord
will provide the wisdom necessary to address this work situation and also to give you peace.

mailmandan
Jan 2nd 2017, 07:16 PM
I will keep this in view today as I work. Praying this morning that the Lord
will provide the wisdom necessary to address this work situation and also to give you peace. Thank you very much and God bless you!

jayne
Jan 2nd 2017, 07:29 PM
I'm praying for you mailmandan - I have a low tolerance for that type of thing too.

I am praying for peace there and for the Christians to be strong, encouraged, have a renewed loved for one another, and for the Holy Spirit to fill you all with peace.

chad
Jan 2nd 2017, 07:38 PM
praying for your work situation ...................

mailmandan
Jan 2nd 2017, 07:49 PM
Thank you Jayne and Chad and God bless both of you!

BraveDave
Jan 2nd 2017, 07:51 PM
Praying for your situation, mailmandan. I have been there. PS 37 is an anchor to hold on to through this. And David's prayer in 2 Sam 22 is another reminder of God's ALL- POWERFUL protection. Remember that vengeance is His; ours is to respond as Christ our Lord would. When we do the later He does the former. When we seek vengeance ourselves, then we receive God's wrath instead of them. I have learned this the hard and painful way. Because they are already off into evil ways but we are just entering into them, we then become our loving Father's primary concern; to nip it in the bud, so to speak.

mailmandan
Jan 2nd 2017, 08:04 PM
Praying for your situation, mailmandan. I have been there. PS 37 is an anchor to hold on to through this. And David's prayer in 2 Sam 22 is another reminder of God's ALL- POWERFUL protection. Remember that vengeance is His; ours is to respond as Christ our Lord would. When we do the later He does the former. When we seek vengeance ourselves, then we receive God's wrath instead of them. I have learned this the hard and painful way. Because they are already off into evil ways but we are just entering into them, we then become our loving Father's primary concern; to nip it in the bud, so to speak. Thank you brother and God bless you!

JFSurvivor
Jan 2nd 2017, 09:11 PM
Lately, my work place has been turning into a toxic environment. There are a group of about 8 of us there who profess to be Christians and there has been too much back biting lately (even among professing Christians there) which has caused to me lose my temper a bit on occasions.

Just recently, I got upset and said a few choice words (instead of receiving encouragement from other Christians) one person who is a professing Christian tried to egg me on to get even more upset and another person who is also a professing Christian talked with him behind my back, slamming me by saying it's people like me who give Christians a bad name, even though that particular back biter is well known for being hateful and having a terrible work ethic.

The person who she talked with behind my back then told me what she said in hopes to stir up trouble. It's really gotten off the deep end silly lately at work! It's been like high school from hell! Please pray that I will remain patient and not lose my temper at work (I have a low tolerance for such nonsense) and also please pray for peace and unity between all of us there. :pray:

Hi God! Mailmandan is having a rough time at his job. I first want to ask that your will be done in his life and his co-workers lives. Please bring healing and love into the work environment. Help everyone to reconcile.

In Jesus's name I pray, Amen.

TrustGzus
Jan 2nd 2017, 09:38 PM
Praying for you, Dan.

Joe

mailmandan
Jan 2nd 2017, 11:31 PM
Hi God! Mailmandan is having a rough time at his job. I first want to ask that your will be done in his life and his co-workers lives. Please bring healing and love into the work environment. Help everyone to reconcile.

In Jesus's name I pray, Amen. Thank you and God bless you my sister in Christ!

Praying for you, Dan.

Joe Thank you and God bless you Joe!

mailmandan
Jan 2nd 2017, 11:39 PM
What makes this situation very difficult for me is that we used to have a prayer group at work that met in the break room at the same time and we all prayed together (including the two people that I mentioned). Now they make us take our breaks on the street so the prayer group came to an end. After a few years had passed by, one of the members ended up getting a divorce (his wife left him because of infidelity on his part) and the other member has complained that she caught her husband cheating on her with three different women (not all at the same time) yet they are still married and she claims that she will remain married to him until her youngest child turns 18 and then she will finally divorce him or else she will end up having to pay him alimony. :o

Both of them are very bitter now and continuously stir up conflict and division. We used to have good Bible discussions together. They are not even the same people anymore and this situation is not doing me much good. :sad:

TrustGzus
Jan 3rd 2017, 03:07 AM
What makes this situation very difficult for me is that we used to have a prayer group at work that met in the break room at the same time and we all prayed together (including the two people that I mentioned). Now they make us take our breaks on the street so the prayer group came to an end. After a few years had passed by, one of the members ended up getting a divorce (his wife left him because of infidelity on his part) and the other member has complained that she caught her husband cheating on her with three different women (not all at the same time) yet they are still married and she claims that she will remain married to him until her youngest child turns 18 and then she will finally divorce him or else she will end up having to pay him alimony. :o

Both of them are very bitter now and continuously stir up conflict and division. We used to have good Bible discussions together. They are not even the same people anymore and this situation is not doing me much good. :sad:

Sad. 15 characters.

shepherdsword
Jan 6th 2017, 11:33 AM
Praying for the Lord to move within His people there.

mom_of_four
Jan 11th 2017, 03:54 PM
Praying for your peace at work. I think we have all had to endure sticky situations at work. It sure isn't fun. Praying for God to lead you and direct you in your actions and words and to be a light to those who are acting immature and ungodly.