PDA

View Full Version : What did the Galileans see?

Cyberseeker
Mar 29th 2017, 08:36 AM
When Jesus arrived back in Galilee, there was some excitement among the people. They had seen something earlier in Jerusalem that had left quite an impact on them by the look of the following verse. What was it that they had seen?

When he arrived in Galilee, the Galileans welcomed him. They had seen all that he had done in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, for they also had been there. (John 4:45)

What say my cyber buddies? :hmm:

Doug Brents
Mar 29th 2017, 07:49 PM
When Jesus arrived back in Galilee, there was some excitement among the people. They had seen something earlier in Jerusalem that had left quite an impact on them by the look of the following verse. What was it that they had seen?

What say my cyber buddies? :hmm:

I would say this points all the way back to John 2:13ff where Jesus cleansed the Temple for the first time.

jeffweeder
Mar 29th 2017, 08:27 PM
I would say this points all the way back to John 2:13ff where Jesus cleansed the Temple for the first time.

Yes.
What else did Jesus do during this passover?

jeffweeder
Mar 30th 2017, 03:09 AM
Jn 4

46 Therefore He came again to Cana of Galilee where He had made the water wine.

And there was a royal official whose son was sick at Capernaum. 47 When he heard that Jesus had come out of Judea into Galilee, he went to Him and was imploring Him to come down and heal his son; for he was at the point of death. 48 So Jesus said to him, “Unless you people see signs and wonders, you simply will not believe.”

54 This is again a second sign that Jesus performed when He had come out of Judea into Galilee.

It appears that the Galileans witnessed a second miracle on his second visit to Galilee.

So did they witness any miracles during their visit to Judea for passover , or just his performance at the Temple? :dunno:

percho
Mar 30th 2017, 04:01 AM
Jn 4

46 Therefore He came again to Cana of Galilee where He had made the water wine.

And there was a royal official whose son was sick at Capernaum. 47 When he heard that Jesus had come out of Judea into Galilee, he went to Him and was imploring Him to come down and heal his son; for he was at the point of death. 48 So Jesus said to him, “Unless you people see signs and wonders, you simply will not believe.”

54 This is again a second sign that Jesus performed when He had come out of Judea into Galilee.

It appears that the Galileans witnessed a second miracle on his second visit to Galilee.

So did they witness any miracles during their visit to Judea for passover , or just his performance at the Temple? :dunno:

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

jeffweeder
Mar 30th 2017, 04:12 AM
And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Amen.....but the Passover feast in question lasts how long?

percho
Mar 30th 2017, 07:42 PM
Amen.....but the Passover feast in question lasts how long?

Well the Passover was the 14th day of the first month and the feast of unleavened bread was from the 15th to the 21st of the first month.

Was Jesus baptized at that time? Is that what they saw?