PDA

View Full Version : Doctrine and Attitude

Brother Mark
May 5th 2017, 04:26 PM
http://bibleforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=13250&stc=1

TrustGzus
May 5th 2017, 04:27 PM
Demons, for example. If they can do it, so can we.

ChangedByHim
May 5th 2017, 04:53 PM
Or as I like to say it, you can be right in your head and wrong in your heart. Conversely, you can be right in your heart and wrong in your head with some of your doctrine. Better to be both, but the latter is better than the former because the former will land you in hell.

Brother Mark
May 5th 2017, 05:11 PM
Yea... A friend of mine use to say "I prefer being around people that know the God of the bible instead of just knowing the bible of God."

SeekFirstTheKingdom
May 5th 2017, 09:23 PM
So true, and I would encourage everyone to listen to Leonard Ravenhill sermons (find and stream/download them). I love that guy and have learned much from him, praise Jesus! Leonard was a great example of someone who could preach the (hard/harsh) truth in love, opposed to being correct in doctrine but just brow-beating people with the word, etc.

mailmandan
May 6th 2017, 11:15 AM
It's about truly knowing God and not just knowing "about" God. The devil knows all about God, but has no intimate relationship with God. John 17:3 - And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent, which is an intimate, experiential knowledge, found only in a relationship. The term "know" implies intimate, experiential knowledge, through a relationship with Him, not merely theoretical knowledge.