PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Daniel and the prince of Persia .

hawkman
May 8th 2017, 10:09 PM
In the 10th chapter of Daniel we find Daniel has been praying and fasting for 3 weeks:eek: . When the angel finally makes it to Daniel he tells of a 3 week fight with the prince of Persia . My question is how did prince of Persia (one of satan's angel's ?) know when Daniel's angel was to come through his dominion ?

12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.

13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

14 Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.

jesusinmylife
May 8th 2017, 11:33 PM
Just curious. How did you come to the conclusion that the prince of Persia knew the plans of the angel who came to Daniel? I've never heard that before.

hawkman
May 9th 2017, 12:09 AM
Just curious. How did you come to the conclusion that the prince of Persia knew the plans of the angel who came to Daniel? I've never heard that before.

I don't think the prince of Persia knew the plans . I am trying to understand was the prince of Persia watching Daniel and spying on him or was it just the fact of God's angel came through the dominion of the prince of Persia and that trespass was what set off the confrontation . Sorry about not wording the OP right .

percho
May 13th 2017, 04:49 PM
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Eph 6:12 KJV

How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to his own will? For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak. Heb 2:3-5

Just who is running things in today's world? Was the prince of Persia, the man ruling Persia or the fallen angel ruling the man? Was the fallen angel trying to get the man ruling Persia to do something of which God did not want to take place at that time? Did the angel of God have to call upon Michael for help?

Jesuslovesus
May 13th 2017, 07:46 PM
Personally i Think the Book of Daniel is Very Interesting with its Use of *Spiritual Entities* and Titles also.

Like- Ancient of Days

Son of Man

Prince of Princes

So i don't assume the Prince of Persia was one of the Devils Minions Just that he ruled the Territory of Persia.

The book of Daniel if Full of Imagery about the Host of Heaven that many don't talk about.

For example the Watchers in Daniel 3-4

The Thrones in Daniel 7

The Host of Heaven in Daniel 8 and the Holy ones speaking.

And the Messages from the Angels in Daniel 9-11

Michael arising in 12 along with the One over the Waters.