PDA

View Full Version : Please help, struggling with issues and ocd...

Herenow
Aug 7th 2017, 05:31 PM
After my parents divorced I had gotten saved and filled with the spirit -
after I had a thought "I wonder what it would be like to be normal..?"
It left, and I had felt empty. I'm terrified that I blasphemed the holy spirit. :confused
After that had happened I had went to a guy friends house and ended up
being sexually abused and lots has happened since then.
I'm terrified that God has given me up to a reprobate mind.

Does God give his saved children over to a reprobate mind? Am I doomed to His wrath and judgement?

Aijalon
Aug 7th 2017, 06:06 PM
The fact that you have a conscience is proof that you have not been "given over" to a reprobate mind. Reprobate mind means that you would not feel remorse.

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to you, is there anyone you can trust at this time in your life? Are you living with someone safe that you trust right now? It sounds as if you could have mental instability due to anxiety or depression - trauma can do that.

You have not blasphemed the Holy Spirit, that is a condition where you have rejected the call of God in your heart. That sort of blasphemy is NOT committed by mouth, but rather in the spirit.

Herenow
Aug 7th 2017, 06:48 PM
Thank you for your reply and your help.
I have a lot on my plate at home.. and it isnt helping.
I overthink a lot and i think that is part of the problem too.

Aijalon
Aug 8th 2017, 01:35 PM
I think we all have little "safe places" in our heads that we can go to, and for those who have experienced deep pain and hurt, those safe places can be more than just a thing in the back of our mind, but they come to the front of your mind and become like an addiction. It's a protection mechanism I guess, which is very normal. The distractions of day to day life and high rate of speed of phones and tv don't help, it is hard to be calm with driving everywhere, it is a crazy world.

Without knowing much about you, and other than prayer for peace, I suppose that it might be worth looking into a "debt snowball" plan for your stress load.

That's a phrase borrowed from Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace seminars. This model of financial freedom says that you pay off the smallest debts first, and put the extra money into the next biggest one.

If you were to identify a small source of distraction and stress, what would that be? And if you eliminated that, how could you use that small amount of extra peace to deal with the next biggest source of stress?

Of course the main thing is to have someone you love and trust that can give you a hug!

Blessings

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15:13