PDA

View Full Version : Does Lev 23:11-21, mean Sunday?

GenJesus
Jun 1st 2018, 05:38 AM
Sunday deniers!

https://youtu.be/ZvLgqpbQJc0

TheDivineWatermark
Jun 1st 2018, 05:46 AM
I didn't watch the you tube video, but to answer the question,

Does Lev 23:11-21, mean Sunday?

Yes, verse 11 refers to Firstfruit (a Sunday; Jesus' Resurrection Day); and verse 16 refers to Shavuot/Feast of Weeks/Pentecost (also a Sunday).

"on the morrow after the sabbath" ...and, "unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath"

Walls
Jun 1st 2018, 09:04 AM
Sunday deniers!

While all are free to post what they like, generally you will not get much response to other men's publications. It is you that are the debater and your thoughts are either agreed with or contested. Added to this, we cannot argue with another author. He/she does not, and cannot, respond. So, in your understanding, what is a "Sunday denier" and how does it fit with Leviticus 23? It is a wonderful thing to set forth your ideas in writing. You are soon confronted with their power or shortcomings.

GenJesus
Jun 4th 2018, 09:28 AM
That is MY video. I appreciate you stating such a concern. A "Sunday denier"; denies Sunday in the scriptures. I'm trying to be absolutely sure that Lev 23:11-21; means Sunday. I get WAY more confessions to Sunday.

Walls
Jun 4th 2018, 01:58 PM
That is MY video. I appreciate you stating such a concern. A "Sunday denier"; denies Sunday in the scriptures. I'm trying to be absolutely sure that Lev 23:11-21; means Sunday. I get WAY more confessions to Sunday.

Thanks for the clarification. I watched the video. My thoughts on the matter are probably handicapped by the brevity of the video (1:33 minutes).

Leviticus 23:11 deals with he day after the Sabbath. So if you have fitted the pagan week into an Hebrew week with Saturday as the Sabbath, then you are right. Sunday is meant. But the pagan week is based on the worship of the stars, as a short study will reveal, and SUN - DAY does not appear in the Bible. Nor does "SATURN - DAY". Rather, it is the "EIGHTH DAY" - the day on which a Hebrew must be circumcised, and the day on which our Lord rose with the old flesh gone. To defeat the Seventh Day Adventists only pure scripture is needed.

(1) The Sabbath is a Covenant made exclusively with Israel. Exodus 31:13-17 is clear.

13 "Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.
14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed."

If a Seventh Day Adventists insists on keeping the Sabbath, he is either a Jew or he has no part of the Sabbath.

(2) In this theme, it is made clear to the Christian. In Colossians 2:14-17,

14 "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ."

The Jew is bound by the Sabbath. The Christian is released from any "ordinance" of the Law. For him the Sabbath is a "shadow" of the coming Millennial Kingdom - the SEVENTH one thousand year period which is dealt with in Hebrews 3 and 4. The EIGHTH is the "shadow" of the age of the New Heaven and New earth when all men are resurrected and the flesh is fully dealt with.

If the Seventh Day Adventists have developed their theory using the Bible, then they have to deal with these two scriptures from the same Bible. They are then found offside in three matters:

Their Name, Seventh Day Adventist, does not appear in scripture
The Day of their name is a matter ONLY for Israel
If they admit not being Israel they are to shun the Sabbath day as it has been nailed to the cross, and use it only as a "shadow" of a day to come.

Fenris
Jun 4th 2018, 06:31 PM
(1) The Sabbath is a Covenant made exclusively with Israel. Exodus 31:13-17 is clear.

13 "Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.
14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed."

Yes, 100% agree. :thumbsup:

Fenris
Jun 4th 2018, 06:35 PM
That is MY video. I appreciate you stating such a concern. A "Sunday denier"; denies Sunday in the scriptures. I'm trying to be absolutely sure that Lev 23:11-21; means Sunday. Re 23:11-
The Sadducees said it meant sunday. The Pharisees and observant Jews today understand it to mean the day after the day of rest that was the holiday of Passover. So it's not a sunday (although it could be). One counts 7 weeks from that day, and it's the holiday of Shavuot.

jesusinmylife
Jun 10th 2018, 12:40 AM
Sunday deniers!

What difference does it make to Christians what Leviticus has to say about Sunday?
The Law was given to the Israelites. I'm neither an Israelite or a Levite. So why would the Sunday issue affect me?
It's an honest question.

jesusinmylife
Aug 7th 2018, 03:40 AM
It's like Deja Vu. all over again.

GenJesus
Aug 7th 2018, 10:09 AM
Im not sure I get what your problem is.

GenJesus
Aug 7th 2018, 10:12 AM
Because those who make the biggest deal about Sabbath; deny Sunday. If more people can be convinced that Sunday isn't scriptural, then they can possibly be tricked into attending a cult church; that only CLAIMS to keep Sabbath. That difference is; does Lev 23:11-21, mean Sunday? If so; then that's a command for Sunday; that Cult Sabbath people, irresponsibly denies!

keck553
Aug 7th 2018, 01:07 PM
What do you mean “deny Sunday?” Do they think there are six days in a week?

Fenris
Aug 7th 2018, 01:48 PM
What do you mean “deny Sunday?” Do they think there are six days in a week?

If someone thinks they can just steal half my weekend, they've got another thing coming to them...

GenJesus
Aug 8th 2018, 04:41 PM
I'm referring to those who deny Sunday in scripture.

keck553
Aug 8th 2018, 04:45 PM
I'm referring to those who deny Sunday in scripture.

How does one deny Sunday in Scripture?

keck553
Aug 8th 2018, 04:48 PM
If someone thinks they can just steal half my weekend, they've got another thing coming to them...

Or enjoying havdallah!

Fenris
Aug 8th 2018, 04:48 PM
How does one deny Sunday in Scripture?

The word "Sunday" isn't in the bible anywhere. :lol:

keck553
Aug 8th 2018, 04:50 PM
The word "Sunday" isn't in the bible anywhere. :lol:

All I know is that without a Sunday, we can't experience a Manic Monday.

Fenris
Aug 8th 2018, 04:58 PM
Or enjoying havdallah!

That word is in Leviticus! 20:26 You are to be holy to me because I, the LORD, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be mine.

keck553
Aug 8th 2018, 05:02 PM
That word is in Leviticus! 20:26 You are to be holy to me because I, the LORD, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be mine.

Amen. Praise Adonai!

How do you read this?

Acts 20:

"On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight."

I read that as breaking bread at sundown after Sabbath......

Fenris
Aug 8th 2018, 05:11 PM
I read that as breaking bread at sundown after Sabbath......
Hmm. Could be, hard to say.

keck553
Aug 8th 2018, 05:19 PM
Hmm. Could be, hard to say.

I just thought the "many lights" comment in the narrative pointed to evening...and possibly a havdalah ritual.....

Fenris
Aug 9th 2018, 04:35 PM
I just thought the "many lights" comment in the narrative pointed to evening...and possibly a havdalah ritual.....

We do use a multi-wick candle, or multiple candles. So it is possible.

keck553
Aug 9th 2018, 05:20 PM
We do use a multi-wick candle, or multiple candles. So it is possible.

"Traditions, traditions. Without our traditions, our lives would be as shaky as... as... as a fiddler on the roof!"

randyk
Aug 9th 2018, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I watched the video. My thoughts on the matter are probably handicapped by the brevity of the video (1:33 minutes).

Leviticus 23:11 deals with he day after the Sabbath. So if you have fitted the pagan week into an Hebrew week with Saturday as the Sabbath, then you are right. Sunday is meant. But the pagan week is based on the worship of the stars, as a short study will reveal, and SUN - DAY does not appear in the Bible. Nor does "SATURN - DAY". Rather, it is the "EIGHTH DAY" - the day on which a Hebrew must be circumcised, and the day on which our Lord rose with the old flesh gone. To defeat the Seventh Day Adventists only pure scripture is needed.

If a Seventh Day Adventists insists on keeping the Sabbath, he is either a Jew or he has no part of the Sabbath.

(2) In this theme, it is made clear to the Christian. In Colossians 2:14-17,

14 "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ."

The Jew is bound by the Sabbath. The Christian is released from any "ordinance" of the Law. For him the Sabbath is a "shadow" of the coming Millennial Kingdom - the SEVENTH one thousand year period which is dealt with in Hebrews 3 and 4. The EIGHTH is the "shadow" of the age of the New Heaven and New earth when all men are resurrected and the flesh is fully dealt with.

If the Seventh Day Adventists have developed their theory using the Bible, then they have to deal with these two scriptures from the same Bible. They are then found offside in three matters:

Their Name, Seventh Day Adventist, does not appear in scripture
The Day of their name is a matter ONLY for Israel
If they admit not being Israel they are to shun the Sabbath day as it has been nailed to the cross, and use it only as a "shadow" of a day to come.

Nice post. I wouldn't let 7th D.A.s off the hook just because the word "Sunday" is a pagan term. Language is often developed by pagans, but used by the general public, pagan or not. Here in the U.S. we get a lot of new words from the counter-culture or street culture. The words still mean what they mean. "Cool" or "hip" still means "popular," whether you're a rabble rouser or a gentleman.

But to use biblical verbiage, we might use "1st day of the week." Thanks for your dutiful explanation. Very good! Of course, I would differ with you on whether the ordinances of the Law still apply to Israel. But that conversation is for another day, or exhausted. ;)

BLESSED1AmI
Aug 12th 2018, 01:47 AM
Sunday deniers!

https://youtu.be/ZvLgqpbQJc0 For my clarification here, what are you asking as pertains to Leviticus 23 and Sunday?

(https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+23&version=CJB)

BLESSED1AmI
Aug 12th 2018, 11:14 PM
For my clarification here, what are you asking as pertains to Leviticus 23 and Sunday?

(https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+23&version=CJB)
OK, I've fired the crickets. Let me expound on my prior question. The Leviticus 23 scripture in post 1 says nothing about transferring the Sabbath day to Sunday. Which appears to be what the Sunday Deniers video hopes to impart.

Leviticus23
The Feast of Firstfruits
(https://biblehub.com/kjvs/leviticus/23.htm)
9And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 10Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest: 11And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it. 12And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the LORD. 13And the meat offering thereof [shall be] two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the LORD [for] a sweet savour: and the drink offering thereof [shall be] of wine, the fourth [part] of an hin. 14And ye shall eat neither bread, nor parched corn, nor green ears, until the selfsame day that ye have brought an offering unto your God: [it shall be] a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.

The Feast of Pentecost

15And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete: 16Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD. 17Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; [they are] the firstfruits unto the LORD. 18And ye shall offer with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams: they shall be [for] a burnt offering unto the LORD, with their meat offering, and their drink offerings, [even] an offering made by fire, of sweet savour unto the LORD. 19Then ye shall sacrifice one kid of the goats for a sin offering, and two lambs of the first year for a sacrifice of peace offerings. 20And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the firstfruits [for] a wave offering before the LORD, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest. 21And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, [that] it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work [therein: it shall be] a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.

22And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of the corners of thy field when thou reapest, neither shalt thou gather any gleaning of thy harvest: thou shalt leave them unto the poor, and to the stranger: I [am] the LORD your God.

The Feast of Trumpets

(Numbers 29:1-6)

23And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 24Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first [day] of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation. 25Ye shall do no servile work [therein]: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.