PDA

View Full Version : Face melting Banjo Solos, Zech 1-14, and Amill explanations as duly requested

David Taylor
Aug 8th 2006, 08:29 PM
This examination, will begin with specific passages throughout chapters 1-13, and then detail all of chapter 14, showing the Messianic vision that Zechariah was given.

Zech 2:10-11 Prophecy
"Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD. And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee."
Explanation:
Zechariah speaks of a time coming, in which the Lord of Hosts will dwell in the midst of zion, and many nations shall be joined to Him in that day, and shall be His people. This was fulfilled in the 1st century AD, when the Lord of Hosts did come and dwell in the midst of them; and many nations (Gentiles) did become His people.

Zech 3:8-9 Prophecy
"Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH. For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day. "
Zechariah 3:8-9 Fulfillment
Acts 3:26 "Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities. "

Explanation:
When Jesus, the BRANCH, said those eternal words, "It Is Finished", He most certainly removed the iniquity of the land in one day. Zechariah looked forward to that day.

Zech 6:12-15 Prophecy
"And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD: Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both. And the crowns shall be to Helem, and to Tobijah, and to Jedaiah, and to Hen the son of Zephaniah, for a memorial in the temple of the LORD. And they that are far off shall come and build in the temple of the LORD, and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you. And this shall come to pass, if ye will diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God. "
Zechariah 6:12-15 Fulfillment
Mark 14:58 "I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands."
Acts 15:16 "After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles"

Explanation:
In the earlier passages prior to this, Zechariah prophesies about the temple Zerubbabel would initiate and complete. Now Zechariah goes further, showing that the true temple of the Lord, will be the one that Jesus Christ, the BRANCH, shall build; and it shall be built upon living stones by those from afar off who come and participate in its building.

Zech 8:3-8 Prophecy
"Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If it be marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous in mine eyes? saith the LORD of hosts. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness. "
Zechariah 8:3-8 Fulfillment
Matthew "21:42 this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? "
Luke 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."
Luke 13:29 "And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. "
2 Corinthians 6:16 " for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

Explanation:
Zechariah describes Jesus coming to save His people from the east to the west from their sins, and He would be marvelous in their eyes, and they shall be His people and He shall be their God; and so it was and so it continues to be.

Zech 8:10 Prophecy
"For before these days there was no hire for man, nor any hire for beast; neither was there any peace to him that went out or came in because of the affliction: for I set all men every one against his neighbour. "
Zechariah 8:10 Fulfillment
Matthew "10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. "

Explanation:
Zechariah prophesied that Christ's coming would be to set family member and neighbor against each other, to make they choice: Would they serve Him or not? Would they take up and follow His cross or not?

Zech 8:12 Prophecy
"For the seed shall be prosperous; the vine shall give her fruit, and the ground shall give her increase, and the heavens shall give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to possess all these things. "
Zechariah 8:12 Fulfillment
John "15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. "

Explanation:
Zechariah telling that when Jesus comes, He shall bring forth fruit through those who follow Him, and spread His gosepl, and they shall posess all things they shall ask the Father for in His name.

Zech 8:23 Prophecy
"Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you."
Zechariah 8:23 Fulfillment
Acts "2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God."

Explanation:
Zechariah foreshadowing the time of Pentecost, when many nations and languages would come seeking the Lord in Jerusalem.

Zech 9:9 Prophecy
"Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass. "
Zechariah 9:9 Fulfillment
John "12:12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord. And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written, Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt. These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him. "

Explanation:
Zechariah 9 foretelling the triumphant entry of Jesus upon a donkey into Jerusalem as the King of Zion.

Zech 9:10 Prophecy
"And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth. "
Zechariah 9:10 Fulfillment
Ephesians "1:20 in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet"
I Peter 4:11 "through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Explanation:
Zechariah describes the dominion Jesus Christ would bring when God raised Him from the dead, far above all things in heaven and earth.

Zech 9:16 Prophecy
"And the LORD their God shall save them in that day as the flock of his people"
Zechariah 9:16 Fulfillment
John "I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life"

Explanation:
Zechariah describing how Jesus would save His sheep, by laying down His life for them.

Zech 11:12-13 Prophecy
"And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver. And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD. "
Zechariah 11:12-13 Fulfillment
Matthew 26:14 "Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief priests, And said unto them, What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you? And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver. And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in."

Explanation:
Zechariah prophesying the betrayal of Jesus by Judas, and the purchase of the potter's field for 30 pieces of silver.

Zech 12:1-3 Prophecy
"The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him. Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it."
Zechariah 12:1-3 Fulfillment
Luke 20:18 "Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder."

Explanation:
Zechariah is prophesying about the future seige of Judea by Rome, and Zechariah makes it known that at that time, will the prophecies concerning the awaited Messiah come to fulfillment. Jesus is the burdensome stone in Jerusalem that all the people of the earth are cut in peices and grind assunder by.

Zech 12:7-8 Prophecy
"The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah. In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. "
Explanation:
Jesus came first, to save the 'tents of Judah' and the 'house of David' who trusted and looked in expectation for Him; Simeon and Anna and Nathaniel being examples. Through the Lord Jesus, the weak are made strong; as was exampled in the lame man described in Acts 3: "And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know "

Zech 12:10 Prophecy
"And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. "
Zechariah 12:10 Fulfillment
John "19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water. And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe. For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken. And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced. "
Luke 23:27 "And there followed him a great company of people, and of women, which also bewailed and lamented him. But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me"

Explanation:
Zechariah sharing a most vivid description of the Crucifixion and mourning of Christ. These scriptures explain themselves; to add more otherwise, detracts from their very own perfect testimony.

Zech 13:1-3 Prophecy
"In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness. "
Explanation:
The fountain flows from the nail-scarred hands which provide remission of all sin and uncleanliness. "And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself"

Zech 13:7 Prophecy
"Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones. "
Zechariah 13:7 Fulfillment
Mark "14:27 And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered. "

Explanation:
Zechariah foretelling the disciples abandoning Jesus the night before His crucifixion.

Zech 13:8-9 Prophecy
"And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God. "
Explanation:
Not all of the people of the Land would survive the fire. Many turned away from Jesus and renounced Him, even yelling "Crucify Him, Crucify Him!". Jesus Himself told us that wide is the path that leadeth to destruction and many go therein.....but few (those refined by His fuller's soap) go the narrow way, which leadeth unto Everlasting Life. Those are His people. The Lord is their God!

Theophilus
Aug 8th 2006, 08:34 PM
"Face melting Banjo Solos..."

:rofl: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Oh, land...my sides hurt. I'm sorry, but I couldn't get past the tears to read your post...at least, not yet!

:lol:

David Taylor
Aug 8th 2006, 08:35 PM
David Taylor did not do an exegesis of Zech. 14, he linked them to NT verses that COULD qualify as a fulfillment of those passages. That was helpful, but not an exegesis. An examination or explanation of the passage itself (as I defined earlier - dictionary definition) is what was being spoken of here.

By copying this forward from another thread, and addition additional scriptures to it; I share the long awaited additional explanations for Mr. Quaid.

Granted in advance that he may not agree with or accept them. Nonetheless, I present them based on the prophecies of Zechariah and the fulfillments of Zechariah as I in my feeble ability am able to find revealed and provided in the later writings of the New Testament.

It is not that many of these passages 'could' qualify as fulfillment of Zechariah's prophecies, rather, it is that the New Testament writers show the reader that 'they do' qualify.....because it is the New Testament writers that applied Zechariah's prophecies to Jesus the Messiah.

(AND) did not apply them in any other venue, time, or age.

This examination, will began with specific passages throughout chapters 1-13, and now will specifically detail all of chapter 14, which Zechariah builts upon the framework and foundation of the prior passages.

Zech 14:1 Prophecy
"the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee"
Zechariah 14:1 Fulfillment
Luke 11:18 "If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub. And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges. But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils."

Explanation:
Zechariah explaining how when Jesus the Messiah would come, He would as He said He did in Luke 11, would divide the spoils. Satan's stronghold on the world was about to end....The Kingdom of Jesus Christ was about to be inagurated in triumph and victory!

Zech 14:2 Prophecy
"For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle"
Zechariah 14:2 Fulfillment
Acts 4:26 "The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ. For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done."

Explanation:
Zechariah showing the unique and pivotal importance of the events that would take place in Jesus' coming that would be central to all people of the Earth; that through Calvary, all the people of the Earth would eventually battle...either siding with Jesus, or plotting and determining against Jesus.

Zech 14:3 Prophecy
"Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations"
Zechariah 14:3 Fulfillment
Matthew 10:34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. "
Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations"

Explanation:
Zechariah showing that it is the Lord Jesus who would come and do the fighting....and through His strength, His people would have the victory of the powers of darkness through the cross.

Zech 14:4 Prophecy
"And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east"
Zechariah 14:4 Fulfillment
John 8:1 "Jesus went unto the mount of Olives."

Explanation:
Zechariah making a very specific prophesy that God Himself, the LORD YHWH, would one day stand on the very Mount of Olives; just as Jesus exactly fulfilled.

Zech 14:5 Prophecy
"ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee."
Zechariah 14:5 Fulfillment
Luke 14:50, Matthew 27:51
"And they all forsook him, and fled." "And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. "

Explanation:
There would be a great earthquake, and many would flee....but those who belonged to the Lord would come with Him, and would be a witness to His death and resurrection to the very ends of the Earth.

Zech 14:6-7 Prophecy
"And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark: But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night:"
Zechariah 14:6-7 Fulfillment
Mark 15:33 "And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. "

Explanation:
Zechariah prophesying that during daytime, it would turn dark; as Jesus showed to be true, as He hung in darkness on Calvary's tree.

Zech 14:8 Prophecy
"And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be. "
Zechariah 14:8 Fulfillment
John 4:10 "Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."

Explanation:
Zechariah testifying of the living waters that Jesus would bring to all people who would trust and follow Him, via the Holy Spirit, who brings waters that never thirst and provide everlasting life.

Zech 14:9 Prophecy
"And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one. "
Zechariah 14:9 Fulfillment
John 12:32, 19:19 "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS."

Explanation:
Jesus Christ came to this Earth as King.
He was proclaimed the King at His birth.
He was proclaimed the King at His triumphant entry.
He was proclaimed the King at His death.
He has been proclaimed the King of Kings forevermore.

Zech 14:10 Prophecy
"All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses."
Zechariah 14:10 Fulfillment
Luke 3:4 "Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; And all flesh shall see the salvation of God. "

Explanation:
Zechariah using similar language as Isaiah did, in describing what the effect of Christ's coming would bring to all humanity; and using mountains and plains and seas and valleys to draw that world-changing picture in the readers eyes.

Zech 14:11 Prophecy
"And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited. "
Zechariah 14:11 Fulfillment
I John 4:16 "And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear"

Explanation:
Zechariah telling of the time that Christ would bring, where fear would no longer reign, and safety and the peace that passeth all understanding would reign in the hearts of His people.

Zech 14:12 Prophecy
"And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth. "
Zechariah 14:12 Fulfillment
Matthew 18:8, Luke 16:22 "Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire. And it came to pass, the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. "

Explanation:
Zechariah making a reminder as well to the wicked, that as the rich man witnessed, they too will suffer unimaginable torment and flames and suffering if they stand in rejection of Christ. Their reward shall be eternal consumption and destruction in the fiery flames.

Zech 14:13 Prophecy
"And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour. "
Zechariah 14:13 Fulfillment
Luke 12:52 "For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. "

Explanation:
Zechariah explaining that with the Lord's advent and His passion for the World, that it would create division and tumult between those who follow Him, and those who reject Him. Jesus Himself describing it in this manner: "15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. "

Zech 14:14-15 Prophecy
"And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance. And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague."
Explanation:
Both Judah and the heathen round about (Gentiles) will have to make their choice of whether or not to serve and follow Christ....with the reward(described as gold, silver, and great abundance) or the recompense (described as plague)following that eternal decisison.

Zech 14:16 Prophecy
"And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts"
Zechariah 14:16 Fulfillment
Hebrews 12:22 "But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant"

Explanation:
From the time of Christ's crucifixion foward, in each year and generation afterwards, each human being must 'come to Jerusalem' and make that ultimate decisison whether or not to worship Jesus the King.

Zech 14:17-21 Prophecy
"And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD's house shall be like the bowls before the altar. Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts."

Explanation:
All the OT rituals and feasts and anti-types are fulfilled now fulfilled in Jesus, the Lord of Hosts.

May Jesus receive all of the Glory for the fulfillment of His Word.

the rookie
Aug 8th 2006, 08:42 PM
David Taylor, you are my hero. I will now hang your poster on my wall and bounce a nerf ball off of it in appreciation ona semi-regular basis.

David Taylor
Aug 8th 2006, 08:58 PM
David Taylor, you are my hero. I will now hang your poster on my wall and bounce a nerf ball off of it in appreciation ona semi-regular basis.

Don't go buttering me up now.....and the knock all of the wind out of my sails later.

You know you are going to disagree with, and rip apart all of my two posts above, and make me look like a blubbering knucklehead sooner or later.

Be easy on me, when you proceed to show me the errors of my ways.

John146
Aug 8th 2006, 09:19 PM
Don't go buttering me up now.....and the knock all of the wind out of my sails later.

You know you are going to disagree with, and rip apart all of my two posts above, and make me look like a blubbering knucklehead sooner or later.

That was an excellent study, David. I believe that the two parts that are cut off in Zechariah 13:8-9 could be referring to the Pharisees and the Saducees while the third part is the remnant of believers that came through the time of (spiritual) testing. Acts 2:21 quotes Joel 2:32 and says "whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. That seems to tie in with what it says in Zechariah 13:9. I definitely believe there is plenty of evidence to show that Zechariah 1-14 speaks of the first coming of Christ as well as the day of Pentecost and the beginning of the spread of the gospel of Christ.

The only other thing I would add to that for now would be that I believe the "rain" mentioned in Zechariah 14:17-21 refers again to the living water of the Holy Spirit. Those who do not worship the King, Jesus Christ, are not saved and do not receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

the rookie
Aug 9th 2006, 08:43 PM

Nope. Not planning on that. Having posted my viewpoint and having yours to contrast will be helpful for any that are interested. They can then decide for themselves which makes more sense to them.

Having found and read an online debate today with you and your "team" over this very passage, there would be no value or profit for either of us in engaging in a back and forth on this topic. You are convinced of your viewpoint and will not shift, and so the only profit here would be for you and your continual efforts to "fill me with doubt" about my viewpoint (which you mentioned in some of your posts to me on the other thread). Unfortunately, the inconsistencies in interpretation and the absence of some really important theological elements to your viewpoint leave me unconvinced as well, so we are at a pretty huge impasse here.

I did find it interesting that the same hermeneutical weaknesses I noted were brought up in that debate, though I don't have time to go back and see how you answered it (since no one seems to want to address it here, I'll make some time to find out for myself tomorrow).

Blessings, bro - thanks for posting this - its truly very helpful!

David Taylor
Aug 9th 2006, 09:45 PM
You are convinced of your viewpoint and will not shift, and so the only profit here would be for you and your continual efforts to "fill me with doubt" about my viewpoint (which you mentioned in some of your posts to me on the other thread).

Actually, I am willing to change my view and interpretation and undestanding of Zechariah 14.

10 years ago, I was very content in believing it was only speaking of the 2nd Coming and 1000 year Premill Kingdom where Israel ruled over the Gentile nations thereafter, and required their keeping of animal sacrifices in a rebuilt Earthly Ezekielian Temple.

I have made a pretty significant 'shift' of my viewpoint over the last 10 years concerning that chapter.