PDA

View Full Version : Of Creation, Covenants and “Sevens”

talmidim
Jan 1st 2007, 02:10 AM
OK Kahtar, you asked for it so here goes... I have to lay a lot of groundwork for this one so please be patient.

The basic premise for this study is that there is a relationship between the days of creation, a series of seven covenants with individuals designed to bring about the plan of redemption and several significant "sevens" in scripture.

I owe a great deal of thanks to yinonyavo, kolias, visionary and others for their inspirations and the material that I am posting here. There are many biblical scholars that I do not completely agree with. But that does not keep me from profiting from some of their observations. I acknowledge the material of Strong, Young, Bullinger, Pink, Custance, Gill, Barnes, Henry, Clarke, Hitchcock, Webster, and many others in this work. May the Lord bless those that have gone before us to prepare the way.

The information about the ancient Semitic and Hebraic pictographs were mostly gleaned from the work of Jeff A. Benner at the Ancient Hebrew Research Center – ( http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/). My research on numbers, including the number seven, I found at Biblewheel.com. I also include the places on the WWW where the work of E.W. Bullinger’s is published for more information of numbers and symbology in scripture.

Context is everything to me when reading the Word. I have used the work of archeologists, etymologist, anthropologist and linguists to help me confirm what I have learned. However, my primary source of confirmation for this work is the Word and the Holy Spirit.

This work is based on His Promise. What is the Promise?

Job 19:25-26 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

It is simply that we will be resurrected and those that believe in the Son of the Father will be Redeemed.

I am going to try to lay some groundwork here so I begin by outlining the Topics of Discussion. They are:
• How Hebrew root words were formed…
• What the relevant words are…
• What the words mean…
• How the words are used…
• How these words determine the meaning of certain events…
• Discerning the order of these events…
• Understanding these events...

How Hebrew root words were formed...
The form of the Hebrew letters changed during the Chaldean captivity. The result is the familiar square script we see today. So it is no surprise that the modern Aleph differs greatly in form from the ancient Aleph. Its ancient symbol: the Head of an ox, carried the inferred meaning of strength, power and leadership. As a matter of fact, the Hebrew word for Ox is Aleph. Since these symbols were also used for numbers and since the Aleph is the first letter in the Hebrew alephbet, the meanings of one, unity, first and foremost were also associated with the letter – and therefore the Ox. It was no coincidence that the children of Israel made a golden calf in the wilderness.

The letter Bet was the symbol of a tent floor plan. Its meaning of house, family, in or into, also inferred the meaning of heir; that is, the continuation of the seed through the family. I will forego the explanation of the numerical value of Bet for the purpose of this example.

The Hebrew word for Father is Av or Abba. It is formed by combining the Aleph and the Bet and is pronounced with a short “a” followed by a “b” or “v” sound, as in Abraham. The meaning of the word as determined by the meaning of the letters is the “strong leader” (Aleph) of the “family” or “household” (Bet), i.e., the Father.

What the relevant words are…
• The relevant words for this study are Oath, Fulfillment and Seven. They are all spelled the same way in Hebrew and come from the same root word. The reason that this is important is because of what is revealed about His word.

Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
• The tri-literal Hebrew root word for Oath, Fulfillment and Seven is spelled in Hebrew, Shin - Bet – Ayin.

Strong’s # 7650 shaba: Meaning: swear, charge, oath

Gen 21:23a Now therefore swear unto me here by God that thou wilt not deal falsely with me, nor with my son, nor with my son's son:
Strong’s # 7651 sheba: Meaning: seven

Gen 5:7 And Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters:
Strong’s # 7646 saba: Meaning: satisfy, fill, full, plenty, satiate

Exo 16:8a And Moses said, This shall be, when the LORD shall give you in the evening flesh to eat, and in the morning bread to the full;
How the words are used…
The tri-literal root (Shin - Bet - Ayin) that carries the three fundamental meanings of...
1) saba Fulfillment or Completeness,
2) sheba Seven
3) shaba Oath, Promise or Swearing
...are found associated throughout the Bible.
For example, the reason for seven angels with seven final plagues is explained in terms of fullness in the book of the Revelation:

Rev 15.1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.
...are found associated throughout the Bible.
Also we find how the number seven is related to an oath exemplified in Genesis 21:29-32.

Gen 21:29 And Abimelech said unto Abraham, What mean these seven ewe lambs which thou hast set by themselves?
Gen 21:30 And he said, For these seven ewe lambs shalt thou take of my hand, that they may be a witness unto me, that I have digged this well.
Gen 21:31 Wherefore he called that place Beersheba; because there they sware both of them.
Gen 21:32 Thus they made a covenant at Beersheba:
What is translated as Beersheba in the KJV is actually be’er (well) of the shaba (oath).

Strong’s H7650 shaba shaw-bah' A primitive root; properly to be complete, but used only as a denominative from H7651; to seven oneself, that is, swear (as if by repeating a declaration seven times): - adjure, charge (by an oath, with an oath), feed to the full , take an oath, X straitly, (cause to, make to) swear.
It seems as though the Father takes His pronouncements literally - and that is how His word is fulfilled. If a single word He uses means three different things - He utilizes all three definitions in the fulfillment of its utterence! WOW!

[B]How these words affect events…
• Both the Hebrew language and scripture displays the meaning of the number seven as associated with the concepts of oath and fulfillment. These three words with their associated meanings are key to understanding the Promise of Resurrection and Redemption. There are many SEVENS in scripture. However, only certain SEVENS are directly linked to the PROMISE OF A REDEEMER. The PROMISE of the redemption of man and the ministry of the Messiah is revealed and FULFILLED in these SEVENS.

The order of these events...
• The promise of a Redeemer is ordered by the SEVEN days of creation as they relate to the SEVEN covenants marked with the SEVEN marks or tokens and sealed with the SEVEN seals. (Whew, Deep breath) All of these SEVENS have themes that are confirmed by - and illustrated in the SEVEN Furnishings of the Tabernacle, and the SEVEN Sacred Feasts.

Understanding these events...
SEVEN days of creation.
• The significant fact here is that the THEME of each COVENANT and it’s enactment within the PROMISE is symbolized by what was created on that particular creation day.

1) Created Light & Separated Darkness
2) Separated Waters Above From Below
3) The Seed & Fruit Bearing Plants
4) Sun, Moon & Stars For Signs and Seasons
5) Birds, Whales & Fish
6) Animals & Man
7) Elohim Rested & Sanctified the Seventh Day

SEVEN covenants.
• It is helpful to view the covenants as individual contracts that move us all closer, toward a stated goal (read REDEMPTION in this case). We see the same thing in the business plan of a corporation, where the goals of the corporation are enabled by the individual contracts that are secured for that purpose.

These covenants were made with:
1.) Adam
2.) Noah
3.) Abram
4.) Moses
5.) David
6.) Yeshua (Jesus)
7.) All that believe in Yeshua (His Body)

SEVEN marks, signets or tokens.
The seal on a contract carries the “signet” or “mark” of the guarantor of the contract. An earthly king would roll up the covenant agreement, pour wax on it to seal it, and then impress his royal signet or token into the wax thereby marking it as his own decree. Our Heavenly Father set His signet or mark in His creation; He affixes a different mark for every facet of His covenant.

Eze 9:1 He cried also in mine ears with a loud voice, saying, Cause them that have charge over the city to draw near, even every man with his destroying weapon in his hand.
Eze 9:2 And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brazen altar.
Eze 9:3 And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;
Eze 9:4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a MARK (TAV) upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.Some people think that this is a literal mark that can be seen by all. I tend to think that it is a mark that can only be seen by angels, etc.

Strong’s H8420 tawv From H8427; a mark; by implication a signature: - desire, mark. The next place in scripture we find a referrence to the Mark of the Father is here:

Rev 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
Rev 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
Rev 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Strong’s G4973 sphragis sfrag-ece' Probably strengthened from G5420; a signet (as fencing in or protecting from misappropriation); by implication the stamp impressed (as a mark of privacy, or genuineness), literally or figuratively: - seal.
We know from Ezekiel 9 (and Revelation 7) that the ancient Hebraic Tav, (which was a pictograph of the Cross), is the “mark” of the Father. The letter in Hebrew and it’s derivative in English resemble the Cross exactly.

There are many words in Hebrew where the additions of a TAV to the beginning of the root word change the meaning to the “mark of” that root meaning. For instance:

Strong’s H3384 Yarah yaw-raw’ A primitive root; properly to flow as water (that is, to rain); transitively to lay or throw (especially an arrow, that is, to shoot); figuratively to point out (as if by aiming the finger), to teach:
Add a TAV in the place of the YUD and the word becomes Torah.

Strong’s H8451 Torah to-raw', to-raw’ From H3384; a precept or statute, especially the Decalogue or Pentateuch: - law.
There are many words where, the fact that they end with a TAV is even more significant, particularly those having to do with COVENANT.
The Hebrew word for MARK is Tav.
The Hebrew word for COVENANT is b'riyT.
The Hebrew word for TOKEN is owT.

Every covenant in scripture that directly pertains to the coming Redeemer has a mark, signet or token associated with it that ends in a TAV

1) Adam Knowledge (Dat) Gen 2:15-17
2) Noah (Rain)Bow (Queshet) Gen 6:17-18
3) Abram Foreskin (Orlot) Gen 17:2
4) Moses Sabbath (Shabbat) Exo 31:13
5) David Kingdom (Mal-Kooth') 2Sa 23:5
6) Yeshua Cut-Off (Kaw-Rath') Dan 9:26
7) Church Dwelling (Bet) Jer 31:33 Luk 24:49 Joh 1:33 Act 2:1-4 1Cr 3:16 2Cr 1:22 Eph 1:13 Eph 4:30

SEVEN seals.
• A contract is sealed based upon its terms. There are the obvious benefits that apply when all parties fulfill their part of an agreement. The contract is stored away and it is retrieved only when the terms of the contract have been broken.
• The seals listed in the book of Revelation are for the children of God. They are the provisions already agreed upon by both parties of the Covenant.
When the terms of a contract are broken, the remedies specified in the contract come into force IF and WHEN the injured party chooses to enforce those remedies.

SEVEN Sacred Feasts
1) Passover Sacrifice of the Lamb
2) Unleavened Bread Remove Leaven (pride)
3) First Fruits Wave Sheaf Offering
4) Pentecost Wave Loaves Offering
5) Trumpets Memorial Service
6) Atonement Afflict Your Souls
7) Tabernacles Remember Dwelling w/God

SEVEN Sacred Furnishings of the Tabernacle
1) Brazen Altar
2) Brazen Laver
3) Table of Showbread
4) Lampstand
5) Altar of Incense
6) Mercy Seat
7) Ark of the Covenant

Now that I have covered groundwork, in my next post I will take a look at how this applies to the themes that are found in the FIRST Day of Creation, The FIRST Covenant (with its Marks and Seals), the FIRST Furnishing of the Tabernacle AND the FIRST Feast of the Lord. There are other relevant sevens I could post on, but this is getting HUGE...:D

I will try to have my next installment ready by tomorrow
SHALOM

Kahtar
Jan 1st 2007, 02:40 AM
Patience is onething I do have. I'll print this out so I can examine it closer. Thanks for your hard work....:)

fuzzymv
Jan 1st 2007, 06:25 AM
AHRC.com is not the link to use to get to the Ancient Hebrew Research Center...this link leads to the American Homeowners Resource Center

This is the link http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/

Nice post keep up the great work...

talmidim
Jan 1st 2007, 08:15 AM
Patience is onething I do have. I'll print this out so I can examine it closer. Thanks for your hard work....:)
Hope it doesn't mess things up, but I added some things to the original post.

AHRC.com is not the link to use to get to the Ancient Hebrew Research Center...this link leads to the American Homeowners Resource Center

This is the link http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/

Nice post keep up the great work...Thanks for the heads up Fuzzymv. I added the link to the original post.

HNY everyone! Gotta sleep now. ZZZZZZZZZZ

Kahtar
Jan 1st 2007, 02:45 PM
Looking good so far. Keep it coming.........:D

talmidim
Jan 1st 2007, 07:36 PM
Hi everyone,

Here is my second installment in this series. Some of the elements have to be explained more than others. This is because some elements are symbolic and I have to show how scripture defines the symbol. Otherwise, it is pretty straightforward. Also there are many themes that the believer can follow through these passages in scripture. For the purpose of this study, I will illustrate a few, point out some others and let the reader decide whether to follow up on them. In that manner I can shorten these posts and still allow the reader a means of confirming the original premise of the study. The first of these themes involves light; it is an idiomatic reference in these passages.

The THEME of the 1st COVENANT is KNOWLEDGE

1) He Created Light & Separated Darkness

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. Light is used as an idiom for Knowledge and Understanding in scripture and in everyday communication.
For instance:
• Scripture is said to be Illuminated when we come to Understand it’s meaning.
• The Redeemer is called “the Light of the world”, indicating that He brought with Him, the Knowledge of the Father.
• When someone can shed some Light on a subject, it indicates that they have specific Knowledge about that subject.
• Light and Life are synonymous in scripture. The scriptures confirm this is a type of the beginning of our salvation, the first gift of the Covenant.
• It is therefore the Election to Life. We must have the Light of God shown on our hearts, then are our spirits are made Alive in Him.

2Cr 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to [give] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
Psa 27:1 [A Psalm] of David.] The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
Isa 50:10 Who [is] among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh [in] darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God. • There is a causal relationship between Light and Fear of the LORD in scripture. Three times the scripture tells us that the Fear of the Lord is the beginning of both wisdom and knowledge:

Psa 111:10 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do [his commandments]: his praise endureth for ever.
Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge: fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Pro 9:10 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy [is] understanding.
• In the New Testament we are given the exact same relationship between these symbols, that is the Fear of the Lord, Life and Death:

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. • Light is the beginning of Salvation
• Light is the beginning of the Election to Life
• Light is the beginning of Knowledge
• Light is the beginning of Understanding
• Light is the beginning of Wisdom
• Light is the Fear of the Lord
And by extension, darkness is an absence of these same things.

[B] The RECIPIENT of the 1st COVENANT is ADAM
Gen 2:15 And the LORD God took THE MAN, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

1st COVENANT Type – SACRIFICE

Gen 3:21 The LORD God made coats of skins for Adam and for his wife, and clothed them. • Adam and Eve ate of the tree of Knowledge. Then they were afraid. God said that if they ate of the tree they would surely die.
• To insure this, God drove them from the garden and banned them from eating of the tree of Life. But not before God shed the blood of animals to give them a covering for their sin.

1st COVENANT MARK – KNOWLEDGE (LIGHT)

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. • The Knowledge (Illumination) of good and evil was the Mark of the 1st covenant.
1st COVENANT SEAL – DOMINION

Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer. • This is the picture of the Righteous King. Since the King does not conquer His own subjects, this text speaks of His dominion.
• The children of the Righteous King will know His voice and be able to tell the Light from the Darkness.

1st FEAST – PASSOVER Exo 12:5-11
• The children of Israel had been instructed to take an unblemished, one year old Lamb into their home and let it live with them. After they had bonded with this little lamb, they were to kill it, roast it, eat it and burn what they could not consume. They were to take the blood of this lamb and put it on the lentil and door posts of their dwelling so that the Angel of Death would pass over the house and not kill their firstborn.

1st FURNISHING – BRAZEN ALTAR Exo 27:1
The first thing you see when you enter His gates is an Altar of Sacrifice. The children of Israel were instructed to come three times a year and no come without a sacrifice.

Deu 16:16 Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the LORD empty: We are admonished to enter with thanksgiving and praise. Why? Because He made a way where there seemed to be no way. The wages of sin is death. There is ALWAYS a blood price (life is in the blood) to be paid for sin. He allowed us to shed the blood of animals as a covering for sin, until His Son shed His own atoning blood for us.

Review of 1st Covenant Theme
So let’s review what happened on the First Day of Creation and see how the theme of LIGHT runs through all of the related FIRSTS. That is, the FIRST Day of Creation, the FIRST covenant (and its FIRST recipient Adam), the FIRST Mark, the FIRST Seal, the FIRST Furnishing of the Tabernacle and the FIRST Feast Day.

There is a reason I included the Furnishings and Feasts in this study. By way of explanation, I want to say this about the symbology of these things. The Tabernacle and its furnishings and the Temple practices are a picture of what we need to do in order to draw close to Him. The Feasts are a picture of the things that He has done and will continue to do, that we may be redeemed. I had hoped that their inclusion would shed some additional Light (pun intended) on this subject.

• 1st Day of Creation - Light (Knowledge)
Elohim created Light and separated it from the Darkness. (I think I covered Light pretty well above)

• 1st Covenant Recipient - Adam
Adam was given Dominion in the garden. He was given complete rule over all the plants and animals of the earth. He could take of and eat of anything in the garden - except he could not eat of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil - lest he die. When Adam and Eve sinned, the Father sacrificed animals (shed blood) and made a covering for them.

• 1st Covenant Type - Sacrifice
Life is in the blood and the wages of sin is death. There is always a blood sacrifice needed to atone for sin.

• 1st Covenant Mark - Knowledge (Light)
The first covenant is marked by knowledge of good and evil. Before the fall, Adam had knowledge of the Father, who is good. The only thing Adam gained by eating of the forbidden fruit was the knowledge of evil - or darkness that is, the absence of Light! The Fear of the Lord was removed from them.

• 1st Covenant Seal - Dominion
The picture of the Righteous King in Revelation 6 is also the picture of our returning King and Redeemer exercising His Dominion. NOTE: Please remember that the first thing we do when we come to the saving knowledge of His grace is invite Him to be our LORD. We give Him DOMINION in our lives. It is a part of the terms of our agreement with Him.

• 1st Furnishing - Altar of Sacrifice
Just as our Redeemer sacrificed Himself for our sins, so too are we called upon to sacrifice of ourselves. More of Him and less of us, right?

• 1st Feast - Passover
We are to thankfully celebrate the sacrifice of the Lamb slain from the foundations of the world. His sacrifice was made that Death (the wages of sin) would have no power over us. NOTE: In this manner, the Blood (Life) can be related to Light, through the Election to Life, Salvation, Knowledge, Understanding, Wisdom, and the Fear (read respect and obedience) of the Lord.

There are other rather obvious themes that occur in these scriptures. There are the symbols of Remembrance, Election to Life, Death, Fear of the Lord, Eating, Blood, Door, Tree and Cross, to name a few. Another symbolism which occurs in the FIRST covenant is that of EATING…

Adam was not to eat of the tree of Knowledge, but was permitted to eat from the tree of Life. Why were eating and a tree chosen by God to be a symbol of the 1st revelation of the covenant? Christ calls himself the "bread of Life". We are instructed to eat his body and drink his blood. Surely the tree of life was meant to be a type of Christ. For Christ gave his Life on a tree.

Now, what about the Passover? Does it contain these same symbols of Remembrance, Election to Life, Death, Fear of the Lord, Eating, Blood, Door, Tree and Cross? Well Yes… At the feast of Passover, we are to remember that the children of Israel were passed over by Death and given Life. This Election to Life was accomplished by the sacrifice and the blood on the door post (Tree) and by eating the Passover Lamb....and in Deuteronomy we are told the meaning of the Passover.

Deu 6:20 And when thy son asketh thee in time to come, saying, What mean the testimonies, and the statutes, and the judgments, which the LORD our God hath commanded you?
Deu 6:21 Then thou shalt say unto thy son, We were Pharaoh's bondmen in Egypt; and the LORD brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand:
Deu 6:22 And the LORD shewed signs and wonders, great and sore, upon Egypt, upon Pharaoh, and upon all his household, before our eyes:
Deu 6:23 And he brought us out from thence, that he might bring us in, to give us the land which he sware unto our fathers.
Deu 6:24 And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day. The brazen altar follows the same symbolism. The obvious likenesses are the symbols of Remembrance, Election to Life, Death, Fear of the Lord, Eating, Blood, Door, Tree and Cross. The altar was placed at the door of the tabernacle. It was there that many of the sacrifices were to be eaten. The place where they were to EAT(whether here at the altar or other specified places) was called the "place which the Lord God has chosen".

Deu 12:18 But thou must eat them before the LORD thy God in the place which the LORD thy God shall choose, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, and thy manservant, and thy maidservant, and the Levite that [is] within thy gates: and thou shalt rejoice before the LORD thy God in all that thou puttest thine hands unto.
Exd 40:6 And thou shalt set the altar of the burnt offering before the door of the tabernacle of the tent of the congregation.
Lev 10:12 And Moses spake unto Aaron, and unto Eleazar and unto Ithamar, his sons that were left, Take the meat offering that remaineth of the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and eat it without leaven beside the altar: for it [is] most holy:
Deu 12:27 And thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, the flesh and the blood, upon the altar of the LORD thy God: and the blood of thy sacrifices shall be poured out upon the altar of the LORD thy God, and thou shalt eat the flesh.
Exd 29:32 And Aaron and his sons shall eat the flesh of the ram, and the bread that [is] in the basket, the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
Lev 8:31 And Moses said unto Aaron and to his sons, Boil the flesh [at] the door of the tabernacle of the congregation: and there eat it with the bread that [is] in the basket of consecrations, as I commanded, saying, Aaron and his sons shall eat it. And why were they to eat the sacrifices before the Lord? Scripture tells us it was so that they would learn to Fear the Lord what we established was synonymous with Light:

Deu 14:23 And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always.

This study can extend to the seven churches of the Revelation. The same themes of Remembrance, Election to Life, Death, Fear of the Lord, Eating, Blood, Door, Tree and Cross are present in the church of Ephesus. The verse, “he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks”, speaks of light in terms that symbolize the knowledge of God. The specific instruction to this church is to, ”Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen and repent, and do the first works." We have many references in other books of the New Testament (including the letter to the Ephesians) which also reveal what these "first works" were that they were to return to and remember. From Acts 19:17 we learn of their first reaction to the Gospel:

Act 19:17 And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.
Christ also praises them because "they cannot bear them which are evil”. In Proverbs 8:13 we are told that the FEAR of the LORD is to hate evil. Continuing in the passage from Act, it then states the following of the Ephesians:

Acts 19:19 ..Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all [men]: and they counted the price of them, and found [it] fifty thousand [pieces] of silver. It seems that SILVER is often associated with the price paid by Christ on the cross (altar). He was betrayed for 30 pieces of silver. And it seems that SILVER is most often associated with Redemption in scripture

So now you see how the game is played. Perhaps I can be a little more succinct in the following posts. I hope you are enjoying them so far.

BTW [B]Kahtar, I hope you can see now why I thought an analysis of the themes might shed some light on the “Seven Thunders”. It is my understanding that Thunders in scripture are pronouncements of the Father. If they too follow these themes, then this could be a tool to... Well nevermind. I’ll let you deal with that other thread. I have my hands full here. ;)

Kahtar
Jan 1st 2007, 09:37 PM
Very 'enlightening' so far.
I have no doubt the seven thunders do apply in some way, and the fact that there are seven is significant.
But carry on. Good stuff so far.:)

Jesusinmyheart
Jan 2nd 2007, 03:09 AM
Talmidim, thank you for sharing, and taking the time to post this.
I too will be checking into all this more deeply. Looks like interesting and insightfull stuff.

Shalom,
Tanja

Ta-An
Jan 2nd 2007, 05:59 AM
Excellent Thanks for posting :)

talmidim
Jan 2nd 2007, 08:31 AM
Shalom Shalom, that is to say Perfect Peace everyone,

Two is an interesting number in scripture. There are the negative aspects, such as double-minded, double-tongued, opposition, division etc. There is also the very positive aspects of the number two having to do with being separate or set apart as we as Christians are instructed to do. This is where opposition, division take on more positive roles depending on the purpose. For a more thorough treatment of this subject, I would suggest http://philologos.org/__eb-nis/two.htm, where E.W. Bullinger’s original works on the spiritual aspects of this number are published.

My point in bringing this up is this: Water, Separation, Cleansing, Peace and Sanctification are some of the themes we find in this portion. I think you can see the relationship to the number two, but I couldn’t help pointing something out. And that is how Cleansing relates to the Feast of Unleavened Bread.

On the second day the waters were separated above from below. This created the heavens we have come to know as the sky or the atmosphere. It is what is translated “firmament” in the KJV. Who is the “Prince” of this medium?
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. So you can see how the idea of being “puffed up”, that is to say leavened is related to pride and sin. The idea of baptism is not exclusively of cleansing as the story of Naaman clearly illustrates. It is also a story about overcoming pride and submitting yourself. I said all that so that you, the gentle reader, might readily see the relationship between being “Unleavened” and being Cleansed of pride. Our Master, despite being able to call ten thousand angels to His defense, chose to submit Himself without pride unto Death during this Feast.

OK, enough with the preliminaries. Let’s examine the facts:

Review of 2nd Covenant Theme

• 2nd Day of Creation - Waters Gen 1:6

Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. • 2nd Covenant Recipient - Noah Gen 6:18

Gen 6:18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee. • 2nd Covenant Type - Cleansing/Peace Gen 9:8

Gen 9:8 And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying, 9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you; 10 And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth. 11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. • 2nd Covenant Mark - Bow Gen 9:12

Gen 9:12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. 14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: • 2nd Covenant Seal - War Rev 6:3-4

Rev 6:3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
Rev 6:4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword. • 2nd Feast - Unleavened Bread Exo 12:15

Exo 12:15 Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread; even the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses: for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel. • 2nd Furnishing - Laver Exo 30:18

Exo 30:18 Thou shalt also make a laver of brass, and his foot also of brass, to wash withal: and thou shalt put it between the tabernacle of the congregation and the altar, and thou shalt put water therein.
Did you notice the War and Peace dichotomy? ...The Obedience and Pride dichotomy? Did you notice how the Seal is the opposite of the Covenant Type?

All unrighteousness was cleansed from the earth by the flood. Noah was left with a world at peace. Even the animals feared and obeyed him. The Mark of the Covenant made with Noah is a Bow – an implement of war that operates in the medium of the air. In the first seal scripture it is mentioned that the King holds a Bow and a crown. Now the scripture pictures a rider with the ability to take Peace from the earth. And then there is the color of the horse, and how about that great Sword?…

These scriptures are rich in symbolism and imply more themes than I have mentioned. And there is much room for me to comment. But I think that the reader will understand most of what I am getting at with the clues I have offered.We should have a little room for discussion after the rest is posted.

Be blessed.

Kahtar
Jan 2nd 2007, 04:52 PM
Okay, it finally soaked in a bit. The seals are the opposite of the covenants. This helps a bunch.

talmidim
Jan 2nd 2007, 09:28 PM
Okay, it finally soaked in a bit. The seals are the opposite of the covenants. This helps a bunch.Hey Friend,

Opposite? Well almost Kahtar, but I guess opposite is close enough for now. Its more like cause and effect though. Remember the analogy I made about contracts and breaches and remedies? Well the "seals" of the contract can be broken when the terms of the contract have been breached. This allows the "remedies" contained in the agreement to be read and enforced. If and when is up to the injured party. As I recall, there is no statute of limitations on the Word...

Here are some of the remedies specified under the contract He made with the children of Israel:

Deu 28:15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
Deu 28:16 Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.
Deu 28:17 Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store.
Deu 28:18 Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
Deu 28:19 Cursed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and cursed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
Deu 28:20 The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me. Reading all of Deuteronomy 28 and comparing it to the actual history of the children of Israel is a real eye opener.

Then there is the extension to the contract that He made to include everyone. We "say" that He is Lord and then ignore His commandments, statutes and precepts. This is a breach of the agreement, the covenant. The first seal is broken and the first remedy is enforced. He then gets to exercise His remedy concerning that specific clause. He exercises His RIGHT to be our Lord. He goes forth conquering and to conquer.

Pretty straightforward stuff, really. The trick to understanding this is to take His Word on face value. There can be more and deeper meanings, but the plain meaning is often the most compelling message.

talmidim
Jan 2nd 2007, 09:46 PM
Well, I guess I did say opposite. I should be more careful with my explanations.:hmm:

talmidim
Jan 2nd 2007, 11:01 PM
Hello again,

Here we go with the Thirds. A brush up in Bullinger on this subject is helpful to the hungry, but not necessary to the point of this post. Every topic and every theme is worthy of an independent study. Perhaps we will dissect the elements in more depth later. For now, let’s just take a very basic and superficial approach. The goal is to show the relationship between the various Themes. That is where the strength of this comparison becomes apparent. Some of the Themes in this segment are Fruitfulness, Seed, Birth, Rebirth, and Plenty. I am sure that the gentle reader will perceive more than just these.

If you are having difficulty receiving some of this teaching, then agree with me in prayer now. Enter His gates with thanksgiving and praise and pray that the Lord will open your spiritual eyes to His truth and His Word. Pray with me that the Father will let those who call upon Your Holy Name and the Holy Name of Your Son, receive wisdom, knowledge and understanding concerning these matters. Pray also for protection from all unrighteous spirits that might seek to deceive or confuse, even as I do now, as always, in the name of Yahshua, HaMeshiach, that is Jesus the Christ.

Review of 3rd Covenant Theme

• 3rd Day of Creation - Plants Gen 1:11

Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
• 3rd Covenant Recipient - Abraham Gen 12:1

Gen 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
Gen 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
• 3rd Covenant Type - Fruitfulness Gen 17:1

Gen 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
Gen 17:2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
• 3rd Covenant Mark - Foreskin Gen 17:11

Gen 17:11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you. NOTE: The seed of Abraham had to pass through the MARK of the covenant (the circumcision) before the covenant could bear fruit (children) for Abraham. Notice that Abraham was not circumcised when Hagar bore Ishmael. This is how we KNOW that the Lord made His covenant with Isaac and then with Jacob (Israel).
• 3rd Covenant Seal - Want Rev 6:5-6

Rev 6:5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
Rev 6:6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
• 3rd Feast - First Fruits Lev 23:10

Lev 23:10 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest: NOTE: It is no coincidence that the Master was resurrected on this Feast. He is called the FirstFruits of those that slept.
• 3rd Furnishing - Showbread Exo 25:30

Exo 25:30 And thou shalt set upon the table shewbread before me alway. NOTE: The fruit produced for the Feast is in its raw form. Here the fruit is presented to the Lord as a finished product – Loaves of Bread. Does that speak to your spirit?

And here again, the Third Seal is broken and the remedy yields the right to take away Fruitfulness and even to withhold the most basic of provisions.

talmidim
Jan 3rd 2007, 02:41 AM
Greeting in His Name Bothers and Sisters,

In this installment we see something remarkable. Instead of the theme of Knowledge (Light), we find the theme of Lights (specific Knowledge). In one of my posts in another thread, I spoke about Daniel's interpretation of his dream concerning the four kingdoms.
Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. The times are related to the Lights, for it is by the Lights (for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years) that the Appointed Times of the Lord are known and kept. The mention of the Laws should be self-explanatory. It is His commandments, statutes and precepts contained in Torah; that same Torah which was given Moses as part and parcel of this covenant.

Our Master defeated Death by perfectly keeping Torah. It is by His atoning sacrifice that we are redeemed from sin. Still, all power and authority have been given to Him by the Father. And the day will come when those found to be in a state of sin will perish.

Review of 4th Covenant Theme

• 4th Day of Creation - Lights Gen 1:14

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Gen 1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
Gen 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. • 4th Covenant Recipient - Moses Exo 19:5-8

Exo 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
Exo 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
Exo 19:7 And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him. • 4th Covenant Type - Sevens Lev 23
The Hebrew word for Seven (including the Sabbath) occurs twenty eight times (7x4) in this chapter of scripture. It is in this chapter that the Lord instructs Moses how the children of Israel are to keep the Lord’s Appointed Times, His Sabbaths and Sacred Feasts. These Appointed Times are all determined by the progression of the Lights in the heavens.
• 4th Covenant Mark - Sabbath Exo 31:13

Exo 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. • 4th Covenant Seal - Death Rev 6:7-8

Rev 6:7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. 8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth. • 4th Feast - Pentecost Lev 23:15

Lev 23:15 And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete: 16 Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD. • 4th Furnishing - Candlestick Exo 25:31

Exo 25:31 And thou shalt make a candlestick of pure gold: of beaten work shall the candlestick be made: his shaft, and his branches, his bowls, his knops, and his flowers, shall be of the same.
Exo 25:32 And six branches shall come out of the sides of it; three branches of the candlestick out of the one side, and three branches of the candlestick out of the other side:
Exo 25:33 Three bowls made like unto almonds, with a knop and a flower in one branch; and three bowls made like almonds in the other branch, with a knop and a flower: so in the six branches that come out of the candlestick.
Exo 25:34 And in the candlestick shall be four bowls made like unto almonds, with their knops and their flowers.
Exo 25:35 And there shall be a knop under two branches of the same, and a knop under two branches of the same, and a knop under two branches of the same, according to the six branches that proceed out of the candlestick.
Exo 25:36 Their knops and their branches shall be of the same: all it shall be one beaten work of pure gold.
Exo 25:37 And thou shalt make the seven lamps thereof: and they shall light the lamps thereof, that they may give light over against it.
Exo 25:38 And the tongs thereof, and the snuffdishes thereof, shall be of pure gold.
Exo 25:39 Of a talent of pure gold shall he make it, with all these vessels.
Exo 25:40 And look that thou make them after their pattern, which was shewed thee in the mount.
Special attention should be paid to this Feast Day and to the Candlestick (Menorah). First to the Feast of Pentecost (fifty days) is also call Shavout (Feast of Weeks). It is Seven times Seven days plus one day past FirstFruits. This day is also called the latter FirstFruits (Hag HaBikkurim) but it is a very special anniversary. It was on this day that the Lord gave Moses the Ten Commandments. It was on this day that the Lord gave His church the Holy Spirit in the upper room.

Understanding the significance and relationship of this Feast Day to the Theme of this Fourth covenant; what do you make of the Menorah? It has a central lamp that is called the "Servant". It has three lamps to its left and three lamps to the right. Lights are associated with Appointed Times in scripture. Could that be four fulfilled and three to go?

The "Servant is the fourth lamp and four is associated with the earthly things (four winds, four corners, etc.) and with the harvest (four corners of the harvest field, to be left for the fatherless, the widow, the poor and the stranger[gentile] in the land). The fourth covenant is Marked by the Sabbath (Exodus 31:13) and the Fourth Seal is Death (Revelation 6:7,8). Anyone seeing a pattern here? How about the other symbols in this post?

OK, over half way there. Only a few more posts to go. I hope you are enjoying this so far.

Kahtar
Jan 3rd 2007, 04:03 AM
Very much so. Very interesting and inspiring. I always knew there must be an association between the seals and the other 'seven's in the Word, I just could not see it.
It makes me even more curious now about the seven trumpets and bowls, as well. The seven letters to the churches I have seen a glimmer in, but I know there's more I'm not seeing.

talmidim
Jan 3rd 2007, 04:58 AM
Very much so. Very interesting and inspiring. I always knew there must be an association between the seals and the other 'seven's in the Word, I just could not see it.
It makes me even more curious now about the seven trumpets and bowls, as well. The seven letters to the churches I have seen a glimmer in, but I know there's more I'm not seeing.[/quote]Well, the trumpet judgements are for the children of the Father that do NOT have the Mark of the Father. This can be seen here:
[quote]Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. The vial or bowls are judgements reserved for those that have the Mark of the Beast and those that are of the seed of the Serpent:

Rev 16:1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.
Rev 16:2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image. Remember, all of the people on this planet are subject to its rightful owner. The only difference is that some have a covenant relationship with the Creator and some do not. Of those that do, some are in good standing and some are not. Some are the wheat that He planted and some are the tares that the Evil One planted.

Well, that's how I see it anyway.

BTW, the other "Sevens" that you might want to tackle along with the churches of the Revelation are the "Seven Spirits of God" found in Isaiah. There are many other Sevens to examine though. Many are a subset of a higher group. Here are a few to consider:

I got most of the following from http://www.jpdawson.com/Sevens/sevens.html (http://www.jpdawson.com/Sevens/sevens.html)

Seven days for Noah to gather the animals.

Seven persons were with Noah.

Seven years of plenty and seven years of famine.

Seven priests, with seven trumpets, were to encompass the walls of Jericho for seven days and on the seventh day, Jericho fell into the hands of Israel.

Seven days were required for the unclean to be cleansed.

Seven items were required in many of the sacrifices.

Seven days, Job's friends sat with him.

Seven years were required to build the temple.

Seventy-seventh from Adam was Christ.

Seven hours was Christ on the cross.

Then there are these verses:

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

In the original Hebrew that verse displays a fantastic array of sevens. There are, in fact, seven special relationships of sevens. In this phrase, there are seven Hebrew words. The number of letters in the 7 words equals 28, or 4 times 7. The first 3 words have 14 letters, or 2 times 7. The last words have two objects, "the heaven," and "the earth." Each has seven letters.

And this:

In the first eleven verses of the book of Matthew there is another series of sevens. In these 11 verses, there are 49 words. The number of letters in these 49 words is 266, or 38 times 7. Of these 266 letters, 140 are vowels: 20 times 7. and 126 are consonants: 18 times 7. Look at all the different breakouts of the 49 words (7 squared) and the functions or factors of seven that make up these verses. The number of common nouns, and that of the proper nouns, are all functions of seven. If you look further, you will find that this pattern continues all the way through the 11 verses. The odds against these sevens happening by accident are one chance in 678 billion.

Kahtar
Jan 3rd 2007, 05:17 AM
Okay, I'm having a little trouble relating the 'death' part of the seal with the covenant. I understand the fours, the lights, the whole candlestick thing, but the death part evades me. Probably right in front of my nose, and my nose is just to big............:D

talmidim
Jan 3rd 2007, 11:42 AM
Okay, I'm having a little trouble relating the 'death' part of the seal with the covenant. I understand the fours, the lights, the whole candlestick thing, but the death part evades me. Probably right in front of my nose, and my nose is just to big............:DYeah, the nose, tell me about it... :lol:.

OK, the Death thing - Remember what the book of Romans reveals about the Torah?

Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.The wages of sin is Death. Without the knowledge of sin, there is no way to acknowledge sin and therefore atone for it.

Sin isn't what we say it is. Sin is what He says it is. That's what I take away from these verses.

Kahtar
Jan 3rd 2007, 12:43 PM
Okay, I think I got it. Good stuff guy. Keep up the good work.

Ta-An
Jan 3rd 2007, 12:43 PM
Sin isn't what we say it is. Sin is what He says it is. That's what I take away from these verses.Swallow!!! :spin: Indeed this is true, how else will we know....

Teke
Jan 3rd 2007, 02:48 PM
OK, over half way there. Only a few more posts to go. I hope you are enjoying this so far.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I see plenty patterns and types. And I've studied Bullinger's works.;)
I'm hangin out to see where your going with all this. Since seven is simply the fullness of creation. IOW that which is created. Even genetically the sevens can be proven.

Are you going to tie this in with the eighth day, Christ and the Incarnation. ie. the created (fullness of creation) joined to the uncreated God.

Or is this just an observation in dispensationalisms systematic theology?

Kahtar
Jan 3rd 2007, 02:54 PM
Rather than reduce this thread into arguements over doctrines, how about we let him finish, and then judge for ourselves it's validity.

Teke
Jan 3rd 2007, 03:04 PM
Rather than reduce this thread into arguements over doctrines, how about we let him finish, and then judge for ourselves it's validity.

I just asked a question. Because I've seen this before.
If I where going to argue doctrine I'd have started at the beginning of the OP and asked different questions..:P

But I'll hush and wait for the conclusion.
:OFFT:

Kahtar
Jan 3rd 2007, 03:09 PM
But I'll hush and wait for the conclusion. Thank you Teke.:)

talmidim
Jan 4th 2007, 03:31 AM
Shalom All,

This Fifth level of the Covenant and Creation may take a bit of explaining. Each of the Covenant Themes is associate with its number. Five is the number of Grace in scripture. I think you will see that borne out here in this portion.

There are many instances in scripture where Birds are symbolic of Spirits, both good and bad. We see this in the parables of the Master and in the Gospels. I think this need little if any explanation.

Similarly are the souls of men characterized as fish when the Lord tells His disciples that He will make them, “fishers of men”. This is also true of some Hebraic idioms that refer to bodies of waters as masses of people.

One of the things that opened my eyes to the relevance of this symbology was yinonyavo’s teaching on the Hebrew letter NUN. In Hebrew, NUN means Fish. Here is an excerpt from that teaching:

NUN is also called the Fish. It is the 14th letter of the Hebrew Alphabet, and so the 7th of the second 7 letters and repeats the theme of our future or final REWARD, INHERITANCE, HEAVEN, day of REST, etc. The NUN particularly emphasizes the PROMISED INHERITANCE.

The word NUN means both “FISH” or "CONTINUANCE" as in the continuation or proliferation of "SEED"(offspring). This is the 3rd letter to be connected with the idea of a seed or offspring, the idea being a very prominent one in scripture, for the Messiah was the PROMISED seed. The difference between the 3 "seed" letters seems to be as follows:

The letter BET is symbolic of the seed or children or especially the SON of the household.
The letter ZAYIN is symbolic of the "planted" seed (of new life).
The letter NUN is symbolic of the CONTINUED seed or the INHERITANCE, and especially the TOTAL number of all who are JOINT-HEIRS with Christ.

The number 153, which is the amount of fish caught by the Peter and the disciples (John 21:11), is also the gematria of the Hebrew phrase "the sons of God" (beney ha'elohim). The disciples would probably have known exactly the significance of 153 fish and the scriptural phrase, "none being lost". I recently learned that the number “153” is also a "triangular" number. Most important is that it is symbolic of "all the elect of God" or "sons of God".

In my study of the Hebrew letter "nun”, I learned that this letter, because of its shape as a fish and because of its meaning, "promised seed”, yielded yet again, another reason for the fish being a symbol used by the early church.

As a passing note in something I was reading, I learned that the verses 35-36 in Numbers 10 are enclosed by two "up-side-down" letter NUNs. It is so written in the most ancient manuscripts and always copied as such in all temple scrolls.

Of course, all believers are Abraham’s seed, because we are "in" Christ who is THE promised seed.
Gal 3:29 And if ye Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. The passage in numbers enclosed by the two NUNS is the prayer of Moses as the children of Israel moved about the wilderness:
Num 10:35-36 And it came to pass, when the ark set forward, that Moses said, Rise up, LORD, and let thine enemies be scattered; and let them that hate thee flee before thee. And when it rested, he said, Return, O LORD, unto the many thousands of Israel. Other scriptures confirm that it was Christ himself who was with the children of Israel in the wilderness and so these "NUNS” could very well be symbolic of the "promised seed, Christ" who "enclosed" or "CONTINUED" with them in the wilderness. He is called the "Angel of his Presence and the Rock:
Isa 63:9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
1Cor 10:1-5 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea.... And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. Now, the Jews have always believed the Hebrew word "yinun or yinon" (sp. YOD/NUN/VAV/NUN) translated as "continue" in Ps. 72:17, is another name for the Messiah. The letter YOD means "hand or right hand" and NUN was also the name of the father of Joshua (the transliterated Hebrew name of Jesus), making "yinun" literally "the right hand of the Father" (of Yeshua). Yet another reason for the NUN or fish to be significant to the church.
Psa 72:17 His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued (YINUN) as long as the sun: and [men] shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed. NUN is used for the number 50, which in Hebrew is the year of the JUBILEE, the year when all INHERITANCE was returned to the original owner. It is also the number of the Omer the time between the first Passover and Pentecost and moreover, the time between the Crucifixion and the Giving of the Holy Spirit in the upper room.

The first word that begins with a NUN in the OT is "nefesh" which means "soul or creature, or any living thing". But here, in its FIRST use, it is speaking of FISH!
Gen 1:20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life (NEH’FESH), and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. I hope this teaching cements the association between Fish, the continuation man and the Promised Seed. I want you to get a picture of the Birds (spirits) above and the Fish (souls) below and the Throne of David directly between, joining them all together and exercising dominion over all.

The Themes contained herein are Spirits, Souls, Preservation, Kingdom (of Heaven), Throne (of the Messiah), Grace and Prayer. Every one of them in this study are refered to symbolically. I believe that this is because every aspect of this level of the promise and therefore this level of the covenant, is spiritual in nature. It is nothing that we can imagine and therefore can only be illustrated in symbolic terms

[B]• 5th Day of Creation - Fowl & Fish Gen 1:20

Gen 1:20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
Gen 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
Gen 1:23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day. • 5th Covenant Recipient - David 2Sa 7:12

2Sa 7:12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. 14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men: 15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. 16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever. • 5th Covenant Type - Salt 2Ch 13:5

2Ch 13:5 Ought ye not to know that the LORD God of Israel gave the kingdom over Israel to David for ever, even to him and to his sons by a covenant of salt? NOTE: A covenant of Salt denotes preservation.

• 5th Covenant Mark - Kingdom 2Sa 7:16

2Sa 7:16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever. • 5th Covenant Seal - Grace Rev 6:9

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
• 5th Feast - Trumpets Lev 23:24

Lev 23:24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.
• 5th Furnishing - Incense Exo 30:1

Exo 30:1 And thou shalt make an altar to burn incense upon: of ****tim wood shalt thou make it. We start with the establishment of the elements of this portion of creation – the spirits above (Birds) and the souls of men below (Fish). These were created before any other living creature. The Messiah, a descendant of David is promised the Throne, the Kingdom, its eternal Preservation and Dominion over all things – by Himself!
Isa 63:9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
1Cor 10:1-5 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea.... And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.Now we see the souls under the throne in Heaven calling out for vengeance and the Lord answering them with Grace.

The relationship to the Altar of Incense can be seen in the relationship between the two in scripture:
Rev 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Rev 8:3-4 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. 4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.The Feast of Trumpets is another story and will get a separate post. You may want to read about it first in Leviticus 23.

Be blessed.

talmidim
Jan 4th 2007, 06:13 AM
The day of Shouting, the Feast of Trumpets (Shofars), popularly known as Rosh HaShannah. There is little written about this Feast Day in scripture.
Num 10:3 "When they blow both of them, all the congregation shall gather before you at the door of the tabernacle of meeting. 4 But if they blow only one, then the leaders, the heads of the divisions of Israel, shall gather to you….9 When you go to war in your land against the enemy who oppresses you, then you shall sound an alarm with the trumpets." Gideon also used the trumpet to announce his attack on the Midianites and Amalekites. In another event we see Joshua who took the city of Jericho by the blast of trumpets and the shouting of the people and the walls came down. These events were the Lords work.

Trumpets were also used for other purposes:
Num 10:10 "Also in the day of your gladness, in your appointed feasts, and at the beginning of your months, you shall blow the trumpets..."

1. The word shofar and shofars, etc occurs 114 times in the Old Testament with reference to gathering people or going to war or in celebration to new moons or in praise to God or to announce something.
2. Shout or shouts or shouting, etc occurs 82 times in the Old Testament and has to do with things like battle cries or shouts of joy or shouts of victory or again to announce something.

But why are we to celebrate this day, this day of shouting or of alarm or announcement? What is it that we (or He) has to announce or shout or alarm us about? Tradition and scripture has us believe that this will be a day of joy, which brings me to my next point: a day of Joy.

In the ancient tradition of a Hebrew wedding, the father of the groom would approach the Father of the prospective bride. If an agreement is reached then the groom and bride meet in the presence of their parents. The groom offers the bride a glass of wine and if she accepts then the engagement begins. It is such a serious thing that a divorce is needed to break the engagement. It is a wedding contract.

At this point, the groom would start to build a place for his bride. Since this was accomplished with the father's resources, he was the one to determine when it was complete. With the father's consent and no overt warning to the village (the father always dropped hints), the groom would come for his bride. He would follow a procession of his friends at around midnight through the streets. His friends would proclaim his coming in a loud voice while blowing a shofar! This was idiomatically referred to as, "The day and hour that no man knows but the father" (sound familiar?).

The groom would "kidnap" his bride from her father's house and take her to the bridal chamber that he had prepared with his own hands. The "friend of the groom" would wait outside for confirmation of the consummation of the wedding. When it came great rejoicing would commence. The groom would remain with his bride for up to seven days and then they would join the wedding party (already in progress). After a reception (appetizers, gifts, aperitifs and salutations), all of the invited guests would sit down for a prolonged dinner. It is interesting to note that an uninvited guest is easy to spot in this type of wedding. The groom’s family provided all guests with a wedding garment of white linen. As one parable points out, you not only have to accept it (the gown), you have to put it on!

Yom Teruah, The day of Shouting, the Feast of Trumpets is the only Feast that is also the beginning of a lunar month. The Torah states that the month cannot be declared until two reliable witnesses confirm the crescent sliver of the new moon from Jerusalem. Since the day starts at sunset and the confirmation may come hours later, this Feast became known as, "The day and hour that no man knows but the Father".

I am sure you remember this scripture:
Mar 13:32 "But concerning that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father. His disciples would have been very familiar with that idiomatic reference to the Feast of Trumpets. And I am sure you remember all of His wedding parables... Make of it what the Spirit leads of you. Just don’t deny it because of some traditional interpretation of scripture, taken out of context. I personally think that it is the year that we really don’t know…

I hope this places all of the Themes of the Fifth Day of Creation and the Fifth Covenant in perspective for you. If you have a little trouble accepting some of what I offer here, I understand. But rather than dismiss it out of hand, try confirming or disproving what I have shared by scripture and ancient Hebrew sources rather than the interpretations of the Romans and the Greeks. They all had an agenda, but at least the Hebrews get the idioms right, y'know?

Be Blessed

Kahtar
Jan 6th 2007, 01:17 AM
With ya so far. Two to go, ey?

talmidim
Jan 6th 2007, 08:19 PM
With ya so far. Two to go, ey?And good to have ya. :D

Actually more. There are extentions to the obvious that have to be addressed. The next is almost ready. Maybe by tonight or tomorrow. Sorry for taking so long. I've been a little busy. In the weeds as they say...

talmidim
Jan 7th 2007, 06:15 PM
One of the many sites that publish Bullinger’s work on Numbers in Scripture is, http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/number10.htm The following excerpt is from his work on the number six.
Six is either 4 plus 2, i.e., man's world (4) with man's enmity to God (2) brought in: or it is 5 plus 1, the grace of God made of none effect by man's addition to it, or perversion, or corruption of it: or it is 7 minus 1, i.e., man's coming short of spiritual perfection. In any case, therefore, it has to do with man; it is the number of imperfection; the human number; the number of MAN as destitute of God, without God, without Christ. There is wisdom in these observations. Consider all the occurrences of the number six in scripture. Examine the context of the passages. Now consider the following with Bullinger’s work in mind:

We begin a basic study of the Sixth Covenant theme. But this is not the work of man we study. It is an examination of the Word and the great doings of the Father. It turns out to be the antithesis of Bullinger’s conclusions because it is about the deity of the Father, made Man by the power of His Holy Spirit. It is not about, “MAN as destitute of God,” it is about a Man, born of the Holy Spirit. When we see the Son of Man, we see the Father in Heaven. We should not however, disregard Bullinger's work here because there is so much of this study that has to do with the fallen state of man. It is the reason that there is a need for a Redeemer in the first place.

There is a great study on the Hebrew Alephbet by yinonyavo. That work is based on a simple premise. That the truth of scripture can be found woven as deeply as the meaning of the letters themselves. You see, the ancient Hebrew letters had definitions. They were symbolic by design as they were pictographs. Understanding the letters and their symbolism is a great tool for understanding the symbolism of scripture. In yinonyavo's study of the Creation and the Covenants, the Themes are stated as, "the CROSS, BOOD, SUFFERING, GLORY, FASTING, MARTYRS, WISDOM". I am so impressed with the work of yinonyavo on this subject that I thought to include it here:
The 6th seal of the COVENANT

The revelation of the 6th seal comes through Christ and his DEATH on the Cross. This is explicitely prophecied in Daniel:

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off (karaT), but not for himself:
Isa 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
Isa 49:8 Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages; The ratification of the covenant is BLOOD SACRIFICE and the result is GLORIFICATION. All of this shows forth the WISDOM of God:

1Cr 1:17-24 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with WISDOM of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where [is] the wise? where [is] the scribe? where [is] the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
Matt 26:28 ..for this is my BLOOD of the new COVEANNT...
Heb 9:16 ...For, where a COVENANT is, it is necessary for, the DEATH, to be brought in, of him that hath covenanted... The other key word in the 6th seal is SUFFERING. The suffering brings forth the GLORY.....both in Christ and in US who are joined to his suffering and glory through the sufferings of persecutions for our faith:

Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have SUFFERED these things, and to enter into his GLORY?
Jhn 13:30-32 He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night. Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man GLORIFIED, and God is GLORIFIED in him. If God be GLORIFIED in him, God shall also GLORIFY him in himself, and shall straightway GLORIFY him.
Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we SUFFER with [him], that we may be also GLORIFIED together.
Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the SUFEERINGS of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the GLORY which shall be revealed in us.
Hbr 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the SUFFERING OF DEATH, crowned with GLORY and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste DEATH for every man.
Hbr 2:10 For it became him, for whom [are] all things, and by whom [are] all things, in bringing many sons unto GLORY, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through SUFFERINGS.
1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the SUFFERINGS of Christ, and the GLORY that should follow.
1Pe 2:20 For what GLORY[is it], if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and SUFFER[for it], ye take it patiently, this [is] acceptable with God.
1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's SUFFERINGS; that, when his GLORY shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
1Pe 4:16 Yet if [any man SUFFER] as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him GLORIFY God on this behalf.
1Pe 5:1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the SUFFERINGS of Christ, and also a partaker of the GLORY that shall be revealed:
1Pe 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal GLORY by Christ Jesus, after that ye have SUFFERED a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle [you]. I think the main difference between these SUFFERINGS of the 6th seal and the "fiery trials" of the 4th seal, is that the SUFFERING is specifically PERSECUTION for our faith. We are delivered from the every day trials and attacks of the enemy, but we are not necessarily delivered from persecution for our faith. Some of us, in fact may be required to be "faithful unto death". The WISDOM of GLORY through SUFFERING is one of the most wonderous paradoxes of scripture. I think one of the keys to understanding it is the meaning of Glory.....it literally means HEAVINESS. Heaviness implies deepness or strength of character. Trials may teach us to trust in God to deliever us, but suffering without deliverence, especially martyrdom, would definitely require or bring about depth of character.

The 6th day of creation is the creation of all the SACRIFICIAL animals. It is also the creation of ADAM. DAM is the Hebrew word for BLOOD...perhaps an illusion of what will be required of the second "ADAM".

The 6th feast is the Day of ATONEMENT. This is the day the BLOOD was sprinkled on the ARK....the 6th piece of furniture.

The garments worn for this occasion were made for "GLORY and for BEAUTY".
The main skill for the craftsmen who made these garments and the ark was not what one would normally expect...instead it was WISDOM that was required:

Exd 31:2-6 I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah:..have filled him with the spirit of God, in WISDOM, understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, to devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass,...in cutting of stones, to set [them], and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship. ....and I, behold, I have given with him Aholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan: and in the hearts of all that are WISE hearted I have put WISDOM, that they may make all that I have commanded thee; The day of Atonement was marked by FASTING and afflicting ones soul. This is a form of self inflicted "suffering".

The church of Revelation that matches up with all these ideas (the CROSS, BOOD, SUFFERING, GLORY, FASTING, MARTYRS, WISDOM) is the church of Smyrna. Smyrna means myrrh, from the root meaning bitter or grieved. It is the oil for embalming the DEAD, and so a fitting symbol for SUFFERING and DEATH. Christ introduces himself to the church at Smyrna as the "one who was DEAD, and is alive. He tells them to fear none of the things "which thou shalt SUFFER".......he tells them they will have TRIBULATION 10 days, and instructs them to be FAITHFUL UNTO DEATH.

The breaking of the 6th seal turns the moon to BLOOD.

The letters matching up to the 6th position need little explanation of their relevance:

VAV- Nail (suffering of the cross)
MEM - WATER, BLOOD
RESH - HEAD, FIRST, CHIEF, the last shall be first, FAITHFUL........

....What is amazing is a verse for each can be found to connect them to WISDOM! :
Ecc 12:11 The words of the WISE[are] as goads, and as NAILS ..
fastened the masters of assemblies, [which] are given from one shepherd
Pro 18:4 The words of a man's mouth [are as] deep WATERS, [and] the wellspring of WISDOM [as] a flowing brook.
Ecc 2:14 The WISE man's eyes [are] in his HEAD....
Pro 4:7 WISDOM[is] the principal(CHIEF FIRST) thing... One more thing I think I learned is that one may UNDERSTAND the precepts of God and DO them with an UNDERSTANDING heart, but WISDOM knows WHEN and HOW to apply them. Also the connection to beauty is interesting....true beauty evidently takes WISDOM to create. ....possibly why so many good artist, writers, etc. were people who suffered. If we translate this over to the spiritual world, suffering produces true spiritual beauty....depth of character reflecting the beauty of Christ.
[B]Continued...

talmidim
Jan 7th 2007, 06:16 PM
Review of 6th Covenant Theme
• 6th Day of Creation - Man & Beast Gen 1:24

Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
Gen 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. NOTE: On the day that man was made, everything that man would need to survive physically and spiritually had already been created. Even the sacrificial animals were already made. It was their blood that would, for a time, be a covering for the sin that man would surely commit. The wages of sin is death, so the life that is in the blood would have to be shed.

• 6th Covenant Recipient - Yeshua Mat 1:21

Mat 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Yeshua: for he shall save his people from their sins. NOTE: There are two schools of thought on the name of our Lord. the first is that His name, Yeshua, means salvation. That is how it is translated in the english version of the Jewish bible.The second is that it means Yah (the personal name of the Father) saves or redeems. Either way I think that the point is made. Yeshua is the Son of the Father.

• 6th Covenant Type - Service Isa 53:1-12

Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. NOTE:As His followers, we are also called to a life of service.

• 6th Covenant Mark - Cut Off Dan 9:26

Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 6th Covenant Seal - Conquest Rev 6:12-17

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? NOTE: These are essentially the same signs that were present at the death of our Master. They reappear when He does and He returns as a Conquering King.

• 6th Feast - Atonement Lev 23:27

Lev 23:27 Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.
Lev 23:28 And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God.
Lev 23:29 For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.
Lev 23:30 And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people.
Lev 23:31 Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.
Lev 23:32 It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath. NOTE: The Rabbi's are pretty much unanimous in their interpretation that this means to fast for 24 hrs. I would add that we should also listen to His Spirit on this topic. That the Rabbi's agree could be construed as a miracle. Doesn't mean they are right though.

• 6th Furnishing - Mercy Seat Exo 25:17

Exo 25:17 And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.
Exo 25:18 And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.

The mercy seat depicts two cherubim facing the seat where the Lord would reside. I cannot help but think that two witnesses are required to bring a charge against an individual. I do not know of anyone that became perfect - even after being covered by His Blood. We all keep sinning against Him.

This is something I had the hardest time wrapping my head around. But I know from personal experience, that the things we choose to do that require a little discipline and self-sacrifice on our part, yeilds the greatest rewards. This is the nature of the Mercy Seat. We are called upon to judge ourselves lest we be judged. It is incumbent upon us to, "pick up our cross and follow..." It is no coincedence that we are told to "afflict our souls" on the Day of Atonement." It is amazing what He will accept from us as affliction when compared to what is require of us under the "Law". The wages of sin is... eternal suffering, bound under chains in darkness. Even our memory is obliterated.

I think I finally understand what this verses mean:
Zep 2:1 Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired;
Zep 2:2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD'S anger come upon you.
Zep 2:3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger. I think that if we, in all humbleness, judge ourselves and afflict ourselves for the sake of our faith and His kingdom, we may be spared lessons already learned. We may be hid in the Day of His Wrath. Maybe...

Kahtar
Jan 7th 2007, 07:55 PM
ah, good. More reading. Thank you. I'll copy it and print it out so I can spend some time with it...:)

talmidim
Jan 10th 2007, 04:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

This will be a little different than the previous posts. I am simply posting the elements with no commentary on my part. I am including yinonyavo's summary of sevens and themes. I will add my commentary when I have time. Enjoy!

Review of 7th Covenant Theme
• 7th Day of Creation - Elohim Rested Gen 2:1

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
• 7th Covenant Recipient - Believers Joh 17:20

Joh 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
• 7th Covenant Type - Fellowship Gal 3:26

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Messiah Yeshua.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Messiah have put on Messiah .
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Messiah Yeshua.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Messiah's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
• 7th Covenant Mark - House 1Co 3:16

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
• 7th Covenant Seal - Justification Rev 8:1

Rev 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
Rev 8:2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
Rev 8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
• 7th Feast - Tabernacles Lev 23:42

Lev 23:39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.
• 7th Furnishing - Ark Exo 25:10

Exo 25:10 And they shall make an ark of ****tim wood: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof...
...16 And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee.
Below are excerpts of yinonyavo's summary from a fantastic study of the ancient Hebrew AlephBet. I took the liberty of editing it slightly to remove certain groups of sevens. The ones that remain I feel best illustrate the relationship between the sevens and the themes of the covenants and creation.

It is helpful to me to look at the lists of like things as they pertain to the 7 seals without all the details of the full study. I though others might gain clarity of what I have been trying to show also.

The first list is that of the 7 Spirits of God in Isaiah 11:2. Some of you may all ready have picked up on this correlation. Although in my own studies I did not discover this until almost the very end, I believe these are the foundation of the other sevens:

The 7 Spirits of God
1st seal - Spirit of the FEAR of the Lord
2nd seal - Spirit of KNOWLEDGE
3rd seal - Spirit of MIGHT(strenth/power)
4th seal - Spirit of COUNSEL
5th seal - Spirit of UNDERSTANDING
6th seal - Spriit of WISDOM
7th seal - Spirit of the LORD

7 persons to whom the 7 steps of the Eternal Covenant were revealed/ the token given
1st seal - ADAM - TREE of Knowledge
2nd seal - NOAH - RAINBOW
3rd seal - ABRAHAM - FORESKIN
(repeated to Isaac and Jacob)
4th seal - MOSES - SABBATH
5th seal - DAVID - PRESERVATION(not destroy, II Chron 21:7) his KINGDOM 6th seal - CHRIST - DEATH(cut off, Dan 9:26)
7th seal - CHURCH - we become the TEMPLE(house) of God

(all of these words, KNOWLEDGE, RAINBOW, FORESKIN, SABBATH, Not DESTROY, CUT OFF, and HOUSE....end with the covenant letter TAV)

Element of creation symbol/ promise of the covenant reveled:
1st seal - LIGHT - saved from death, elected to LIFE
2nd seal - WATER - separated from SIN, peace with God (washed clean)
3rd seal - FRUIT - New life in the WORD, Good works, maturing, growing
4th seal - FIRE - fiery TRIALS, rest in Christ
5th seal - SALT - Preservation and Provision of the KINGDOM as Priests & Kings
6th seal - BLOOD - Glory through SUFFERING (cross, sacrifice)
7th seal - WIND - Intimacy with Christ by the inDWELLING Spirit, as His Bride

Feasts:
1st seal - Passover (passed over by death to LIFE)
2nd seal - Unleavened bread (getting rid of SIN, buried with Christ)
3rd seal - Firstfruits (resurrection, new life in the word)
4th seal - Pentecost (batism of fire/Spirit, living by the Spirit/rest in Christ)
5th seal - Trumpets (coming of the KINGDOM)
6th seal - Day of Atonement (sacrifice of Christ, suffering, fasting)
7th seal - Tabernacles (dwelling with God)

Tabernacle Furniture:
1st seal - ALTAR - LIFE is in the blood - Death of Christ the Lamb
2nd seal - BRAZEN LAVER - WASHED CLEAN from sin
3rd seal - Table of SHEWBREAD - the Word/Bread of life
4th seal - LAMPSTAND - fire
5th seal - Altar of INCENSE - Prayer/intercession of the Priests
6th seal - ARK of the testimony - law/judgment that Christ died for
7th seal - MERCYSEAT - dwelling place of God

Instruction to Churches:
1st seal - Ephesus - REMEMBER (where you came from DEATH)
2nd seal - Sardis - WATCH(against sin)
3rd seal - Pergamos - REPENT(unto good works)
4th seal - Thyatira - HOLD FAST (rest in Christ)
5th seal - Laodicea - BUY - (provisions from Christ)
6th seal - Smyrna - BE FAITHFUL UNTO DEATH
7th seal - Philadelphia - Hold on to your CROWN

Church activities (tools, weapons for living)
1st seal - Communion (remembering, eating like Passover) EATING
2nd seal - Baptism (washed from sin like unleavened bread) WASHING
3rd seal - Study of the WORD (to produce FRUIT as in firstfruits) WALKING
4th seal - Praise and Worship (during trials - fire of Pentecost) RESTING
5th seal - Prayer (for provision and preservation of the Kingdom - Trumpets)INTERCESSING
6th seal - Fasting (for afflicting the soul as in the Day of Atonement) SUFFERING
7th seal - Fellowship (to learn to LOVE and dwell with the brethren, as in Tabernacles) LOVING

Promises to the overcomers at the 7 chruches in Rev.:
1st seal - Ephesus - permitted to EAT from the TREE of LIFE
2nd seal - Sardis - dressed in WHITE (washed clean)
3rd seal - Pergamos - Hidden manna and new name (bread of the Word)
4th seal - Thyatira - Morning star (fire)
5th seal - Laodicea - to sit on the throne (KINGDOM)
6th seal - Smyrna - not hurt by the 2nd DEATH
7th seal - Philadelphia - the name of the Bridegroom

How Christ refers to himself to the 7 churches:
1st seal - Ephesus -the one who walks "in the midst of the candlestick" (LIGHT)
2nd seal - Sardis - the one with seven stars and seven spirits ??
3rd seal - Pergamos - the one with the twoedged sword (WORD)
4th seal - Thyatira - the one with eyes as FLAMES of FIRE
5th seal - Laodicea - the BEGINNING(source) of creation (provision)
6th seal - Smyrna - one who was DEAD and is alive
7th seal - Philadelphia - the one who has the Key of David (BELOVED)

7 seals broken:
1st seal - conquering ?? instead of FEAR of the Lord?
2nd seal - peace taken away
3rd seal - bread (word) expensive (scarce)
4th seal - death from the beasts of the EARTH (instead of REST in the LAND)
5th seal - PRAYER of the maryred saints (PROVIDED with white robes)
6th seal - BLOOD moon
7th seal - SILENCE (rest) 7 trumpets

Here are a few that were not in the original study:

7 Places in prophecies concerning Christ
1st seal - Galilee - Math 4:15-16 - LIGHT
2nd seal - Nazereth - Math 2:23, Numbers 6:13 - SEPARATED
3rd seal - Bethlehem - Matt 2:5, Micah 5:2-4 "house of BREAD" (WORD)
4th seal - Judah - Matt 2:5 - Judah means PRAISE
5th seal - Egypt - Matt 2:15, Hos 11:1 INCENSE
6th seal - Ramah - Matt 2:17-18, Jer 31:5, SUFFERING
7th seal - Capernum - Matt 11:23 - JUDGMENT

7 angels in the life of Christ
1. (ELECTION to LIFE/rememberance, communion) Luk 1:26-38 The angel Gabriel tells Mary she is chosen to give birth(LIFE) to the Messiah
2. (separation from SIN/BAPTISM) Mat 1:20-21 Angel of the Lord appears to Joseph and tells him to name the child Jesus, "FOR HE SHALL SAVE HIS PEOPLE FROM THEIR SINS"...
3 (WALKING in the WORD) Luke 2:9-15 Angel brings the GOOD TIDINGS of the birth and mission of Christ (gospel) and the shepherds GO to BEHTLEHEM (house of bread)...(they ACT on the GOSPEL/word)
4. (Purifying TRIALS, Praise and Worship, Rest) Mat 2:13 - 20 - The angel warns Joseph that Herod is trying to kill baby Jesus (fiery trial) and then the angel appears to tell them the danger is over (deliverance).
5. (PROVISION and PRESERVATION of the KINGDOM/ Prayer) Mark 1:13 The angel comes to MINISTER(provide food, comfort) to Jesus in the wilderness after his temptation.
6. (GLORIFICATION thru suffering/fasting) Jesus in the garden of Gethsemene, angel comes and strengthens him after he sweats drops of BLOOD.
7. (Resurrection to eternal LIFE with GOD/fellowship) Matt 28:2-7 Angels at the tomb announce HE IS RISEN.

7 angels in the ACTS of the Apostles:
1. (Election to LIFE, remembrance, communion) Acts 5:19-20..But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said, "Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of THIS LIFE.
2. (BAPTISM/separation from SIN) Acts 8:26-39 Angel appears to Philip and tells him to go down to Gaza where he BAPTISES the eunuch of Ethiopia.
3. (good WORKS, WALKING in the WORD, procucing FRUIT) Acts 10:1-5 Angel appears to Cornelius the centurion, and the Lord says to him theat his alms (good works) have come into remembrance before God.
4. (DELIVERANCE from fiery TRIALS, Praise and Worship, Rest) .....Peter said, "Now I know of a surety that the Lord hath sent his ANGEL, and hath DELIVERED me out of the hand of Herod......."
5. (PROVISION of the KINGDOM, Prayer) Acts 12:20-23 The people of Tyre and Sidon, because they were DEPENDENT UPON KING Herod for their food (PROVISIONS) and because Herod accepts the people's worship for this instead of recognizing it is the LORD who provides, an ANGEL comes and strikes him dead.
6. (CROSS, SUFFERING, GLORY, fasting) Acts 27:19-44...This is the story of the shipwreck of Paul. where the angel appears to Paul and instructs him. There are SEVERAL exact images of the suffering, last supper and crucifiction:
...the THIRD DAY.....they don't eat(fast).....thou must be brought before Caesar......God hath given thee all the sail with thee(Chirst said he had kept all the ones God had given him).......except ye abide in the ship(Christ) ye cannot be saved......he took bread, and gave thanks to God........the were saved on broken pieces of the ship(image of the wooden cross or Christs broken body).....
7. (2nd coming, resurrection/ fellowship) Acts 1:10-11 ....the angels say "Jesus.....shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven...."

EVENTS of the PASSION week:
1. (Election to LIFE, LIGHT) Palm Sunday, the triumphant entry....quote from Ps 118:26-27....those who sat in darkness shall see a great LIGHT. This was the day the Lamb was CHOSEN.
2. (Baptism, separation from sin) the CLEANSING of the temple
3. (Walking in the Word, producing FRUIT, good works) Christ curses the fig tree for not producing FRUIT
4. (FIERY trials, praise and worship, rest in Christ) Christ discusses the end times with disciples, tells of the signs that will be in the SUN, MOON, and STARS......
5. (Kingdom PROVISION, prayer) Last SUPPER, prayer in the garden
6. (Suffering, sacrifice, GLORY, fasting) Crucifixion
7. (Eternal dwelling with God, resurrection, fellowship, LOVE) Resurrection
I thought to offer yinonyavo's summary because it invites active participation rather than pat answers. The fact that there are reoccuring themes that interleave the sevens of scripture gives us pause for thought. And pause for prayer. The Lord has revealed something by these facts. Can we really see what He has placed there for us?

There are many conclusions to draw from this information. But the reason that I posted this study is to draw attention to the relevance and value of Old Testament scriptures when evaluating the New Testement. I see them together as one continuous revelation of the plan of salvation. Perhaps we should be praying for ears to hear and eyes to see about now.

In a day or two, I will offer a few comments on this material. In the mean time, enjoy...

talmidim
Jan 15th 2007, 07:11 AM
Sorry I'm a little tardy in my summary. I'm still working on it...

Kahtar
Jan 15th 2007, 12:47 PM
No problem. I'm still working through the last one.:lol:

talmidim
Feb 3rd 2007, 04:22 AM
Hello All,

I am still working (I should say reworking) the summation for this thread. It seems I get so far and then BING* another thought sends me down another rabbit trail in scripture.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions or comments to date, feel free to express them. I will respond to the best of my ability (time permitting, of course).

joztok
Feb 3rd 2007, 01:57 PM
Talmadim. Thankyou for your time and effort in providing us the wisdom that you want to share with us. You amaze me!

Thankyou for all your labour and may your passion and insight grow all the more greater as you push on to learn more about our fantastic gracious God.

God bless!
Joztok

talmidim
Aug 7th 2007, 02:35 PM
Shalom All,

Just checking in with an update and a correction. It is the pattern of our Lord to turn His children over to another king, when they think His rules are too hard for them. So I am afraid that I missed this in my original statements about the first seal in post #6 HERE:http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?p=1099153&postcount=6

I should have seen the connection before, but here it is. This from Wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_al-Mahdi

Twelver Shi'as cite various references from the Qur'an (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qur%27an) and reports, or Hadith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadith), from Muhammad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad) and the twelve Shi'a Imams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shi%27a_Imams) with regard to the reappearance of Muhammad al-Mahdi who would, in accordance with God's command, bring justice and peace to the world by establishing Islam throughout the world.
Muhammad is reported to have said:"During the last times, my people will be afflicted with terrible and unprecedented calamities and misfortunes from their rulers, so much so that this vast earth will appear small to them. Persecution and injustice will engulf the earth. The believers will find no shelter to seek refuge from these tortures and injustices. At such a time, God will raise from my progeny a man who will establish peace and justice on this earth in the same way as it had been filled with injustice and distress."[citation needed] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sources)
Shi'as believe that Muhammad al-Mahdi will reappear when the world has fallen into chaos and civil war emerges between the human race for no reason. At this time, it is believed, half of the true believers will ride from Yemen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemen) carrying white flags to Mecca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecca), while the other half will ride from Karbala (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karbala), in Iraq (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq), carrying black flags to Mecca. At this time, Muhammad al-Mahdi will come wielding God's Sword, the Blade of Evil's Bane, Zulfiqar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zulfiqar) (Arabic: ذو الفقار, šū l-fiqār), the Double-Bladed Sword.
It seems there is an Islamic messiah that will come in the last days. And strangely enough, among the Muslims that hold this belief, they associate his appearing with a white horse. And it is no coincidence that most leaders of Muslim nations have a white horse in their stable and are shown in propaganda pictures, riding it in some glorious pose. So it seems that the Righteous King depicted in the first seal of the Revelation may be a picture of Elohim's judgment on those that have broken His covenants (plural), turning them over to another king for a season as part of His righteous judgment.

I also find it interesting that the Jews teach that on Yom Teruah, there are three books opened in Heaven. One for the righteous, one for those in the middle ground as it were, and one for the unrighteous. This loosely corresponds to the seals, trumpets and cups. However, if the righteous have already been resurrected and "raptured", then they would correspond to the covenant children that have broken covenant (seals), the undecided that are called to repentance (trumpets), and the unrepentant and the unholy (cups).

I am still working on my summary for this thread and I thank you for your patience.

Jesusinmyheart
Oct 10th 2007, 04:53 PM
Did you ever come up with a sumarry for this thread talmidim ?

Shalom,
Tanja

And yes, i'm copying all your work here cause of this Shorashim shut down in 2 days

OneStep
Oct 11th 2007, 10:06 PM
It doesn't appear there will be enough time for a summary....so sad