PDA

View Full Version : End of Church Age?

Pro2ter
Jan 29th 2007, 02:55 PM
I am new here and apologize if this thread has been discussed before. I love reading the Bible (including different versions) and also reading books about apologetics. I also listen to Family Radio. Which brings up my question for discussion. They contend that the church age is over. They also offer Biblical proof (which I can't quote at this moment).

I tend to agree as I have been very disheartened by the 7 or so churches I have tried in my area since I moved here 2 years ago. I find so much more truth in the Bible and so much that is relying on human "truths" (or falsehoods) in the churches.

Yet, I still yearn for getting two or three together to meet and talk about our faith. What does one do? And how does anyone else feel about this statement by Family Radio?

pmckelvy
Jan 29th 2007, 03:26 PM
Be patient. I experianced the same thing as I'm sure many have. I finally found a good church, and just very recently found a couple of guys that want to do a weekly indepth study. I was getting a little isolated but he will step in. As far as the question, I don't tend to put labels on things. Things will happen as they happen. We put lables on each other and times and argue about God's schedual. It's silly really. We argue about things we can't possibly know. Most believe that we are getting closer to the end times. How close? Couldn't say, I'll just keep studying and waiting.

Pat

skypair
Jan 29th 2007, 03:28 PM
They contend that the church age is over. They also offer Biblical proof (which I can't quote at this moment). The church age ends with the "evacuation" -- the rapture -- of the church. "Church age" is a dispensationalist term which says God deals with this "fold" differently than His other "fold," the Jews, John 10:16. When God is done dealing with this "fold," He will take it out and resume His dealings with the Jews according to the 70 year prophecy of Daniel, Dan 9:24-27.

There is one week remaining of that prophecy yet to be fulfilled and that will happen when the church is gone and the tribulation comes.

I tend to agree as I have been very disheartened by the 7 or so churches I have tried in my area since I moved here 2 years ago. The end of the church age is signalled by the proliferation of Laodicea -- the "lukewarm" church which you seem to see.

Yet, I still yearn for getting two or three together to meet and talk about our faith. What does one do? And how does anyone else feel about this statement by Family Radio? We are near the end of it but Paul would be quick to tell you (2Thes 2) that it is not come yet. :D

BTW, welcome to BB. :wave: Hope you find answers to all your questions here.

skypair

third hero
Jan 29th 2007, 06:31 PM
I have never really subscribed to the term, church age, because I have never believed that the church had the ability to deliver the entire world to God, only Christ can do that. I have always believed that the purpose of any disciple of CHrist is to teach and spread the Gospel. This is still going on.

WHat you are experiencing is the fulfillment of prophecy, where wickedness will abound, or depending on the version you use, wickednes will increase. This is the beginning of te apostasy, where the ones who are suppose to teach the words of God spoken through Christ Jesus, begin to deviate from the truth. In fact, this has been going on in secret, but now, it's out in the open. The world is beginning it's rebellion. IN the age where churches allow homosexuality, you know something bad is happening.

Hang in there though. This ride is only going to get worse, with more people leaving the truth in favor of apostacy. Jesus reminds us to this day that he that endure til the end shall be saved. It does not matter the gender, but it does matter that all who believe are to endure, find the church that teaches the truth without compromise, and continue the work God has given you. You will do well, and remember, blessed are you who are persecuted for His sake, for your reward is great in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Saved7
Jan 29th 2007, 06:50 PM
Well I know the sciptures speak of the time when the last gentile comes in. That's when the "church age" ends. I would take this to mean that when we no longer see people getting saved that are outside of the Israel blood line. I think we are nearing that time, as it seems that fewer and fewer gentile people are getting saved, but more and more Jews are getting saved.

Saved7
Jan 29th 2007, 06:55 PM
blessed are you who are persecuted for His sake, for your reward is great in the Kingdom of Heaven.

That just reminded me of a scripture...

2Ti 3:12 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/popup.pl?book=2Ti&chapter=3&verse=12&version=kjv#12)Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

I am beginning to see that that persecution will come from even those who claim the name of Jesus Christ. As the pharisees perscuted Jesus Himself and His followers. Yet they claimed to know God.;) It seems we are living the same thing that they were living back then. History truely does repeat itself.

RogerW
Jan 29th 2007, 07:59 PM
I am new here and apologize if this thread has been discussed before. I love reading the Bible (including different versions) and also reading books about apologetics. I also listen to Family Radio. Which brings up my question for discussion. They contend that the church age is over. They also offer Biblical proof (which I can't quote at this moment).

I tend to agree as I have been very disheartened by the 7 or so churches I have tried in my area since I moved here 2 years ago. I find so much more truth in the Bible and so much that is relying on human "truths" (or falsehoods) in the churches.

Yet, I still yearn for getting two or three together to meet and talk about our faith. What does one do? And how does anyone else feel about this statement by Family Radio?

Greetings Pro2ter,

Some years ago I too listened to Camping, and Family Radio. This was before his total absorption of discovering when Christ will come again, and this herectic teaching that God is utterly finished with the universal church, and therefore every "true" believer MUST abandon her. Before anyone endorses Mr. Camping as a "sound" Bible teacher (because he is very knowledgeable of the Bible, and has an appearance of grasping difficult Biblical truths), please read the following link before becoming his next unsuspecting victim, and fleeing from a faithful church. If you feel compelled to learn under Mr. Camping, it's better to be forewarned than duped.

http://www.alliancenet.org/partner/Article_Display_Page/0,,PTID307086%7CCHID560462%7CCIID1526032,00.html

RW

RogerW
Jan 29th 2007, 08:03 PM
I would also include the following Christian community when warning one to use great caution if ever listening to this forums (Mt. Retreat) teaching on eschatology, and the end of the church.

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/yabbse/

RW

warren
Jan 29th 2007, 11:56 PM
skypair said:

There is one week remaining of that prophecy yet to be fulfilled and that will happen when the church is gone and the tribulation comes.

I believe that as well.

warren
Jan 29th 2007, 11:58 PM
I have never really subscribed to the term, church age, because I have never believed that the church had the ability to deliver the entire world to God, only Christ can do that. I have always believed that the purpose of any disciple of CHrist is to teach and spread the Gospel. This is still going on.

WHat you are experiencing is the fulfillment of prophecy, where wickedness will abound, or depending on the version you use, wickednes will increase. This is the beginning of te apostasy, where the ones who are suppose to teach the words of God spoken through Christ Jesus, begin to deviate from the truth. In fact, this has been going on in secret, but now, it's out in the open. The world is beginning it's rebellion. IN the age where churches allow homosexuality, you know something bad is happening.

Hang in there though. This ride is only going to get worse, with more people leaving the truth in favor of apostacy. Jesus reminds us to this day that he that endure til the end shall be saved. It does not matter the gender, but it does matter that all who believe are to endure, find the church that teaches the truth without compromise, and continue the work God has given you. You will do well, and remember, blessed are you who are persecuted for His sake, for your reward is great in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Yeah, what a good post.

Saved7
Jan 30th 2007, 12:10 AM
Greetings Pro2ter,

Some years ago I too listened to Camping, and Family Radio. This was before his total absorption of discovering when Christ will come again, and this herectic teaching that God is utterly finished with the universal church, and therefore every "true" believer MUST abandon her. Before anyone endorses Mr. Camping as a "sound" Bible teacher (because he is very knowledgeable of the Bible, and has an appearance of grasping difficult Biblical truths), please read the following link before becoming his next unsuspecting victim, and fleeing from a faithful church. If you feel compelled to learn under Mr. Camping, it's better to be forewarned than duped.

http://www.alliancenet.org/partner/Article_Display_Page/0,,PTID307086%7CCHID560462%7CCIID1526032,00.html

RW

Wow, I would suggest that his ego is just a little out of hand and has led him down the road of apostasy. But those words wouldn't be strong enough.

wpm
Jan 30th 2007, 12:16 AM

The term 'Church age' is a man-made phrase. It doesn't exist. The Church has been around since Adam and will be until Christ's one final future climactic Coming.

Paul

Love123
Jan 30th 2007, 10:26 AM
The church age ends with the "evacuation" -- the rapture -- of the church. "Church age" is a dispensationalist term which says God deals with this "fold" differently than His other "fold," the Jews, John 10:16. When God is done dealing with this "fold," He will take it out and resume His dealings with the Jews according to the 70 year prophecy of Daniel, Dan 9:24-27.

The end of the church age is signalled by the proliferation of Laodicea -- the "lukewarm" church which you seem to see.

We are near the end of it but Paul would be quick to tell you (2Thes 2) that it is not come yet. :D

BTW, welcome to BB. :wave: Hope you find answers to all your questions here.

skypair

Praise Jesus.... skypair…
As we look for Him and say come quickly Lord Jesus. Come for your Bride.

Pro2ter
Jan 30th 2007, 02:54 PM
I am suspicious of anyone or anything that claims to have all the answers and to explain the Bible. I don't need the Bible explained to me. When I was ready and became filled with the Holy Spirit the Bible spoke to me. When I stopped trying to explaining everything and seek answers from other people, I finally began to understand and have true faith and peace.

I agree about Brother Camping's ego. I listen to the music and take everything else with a grain of salt.

Thanks for all the great responses!:hmm:

TheBibleIsGreat
Jun 5th 2007, 07:39 PM
The Bible teaches us that God's church will be alive and well when Christ comes again to save the saints. God has always referred to His church as His wife and He the husband. Look at God speaking about the Israelites in the Old Testament, and calling them His wife, and He the Husband. Ezekiel 16:"32 You are an adulterous WIFE, who takes strangers instead of her HUSBAND. "

In the New Testament God tells us that the Church is a WOMAN and compares the church to a wife/husband relationship, and that Christ died for the CHURCH Ephesians 5:"25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the CHURCH and gave Himself for HER," This even highlights the fact that Christ died for the CHURCH. Thus after dying for the CHURCH do you think God would abandon the CHURCH before saving it???

The Bible tells us that God will come for His BRIDE/(church) at the very end of this earth's existence, therefore it would be difficult for the church to be finished until Christ comes. Rev 21:2,9 "2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a BRIDE adorned for her HUSBAND...9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, "Come, I will show you the BRIDE, the Lamb’s WIFE.""

The Bible tells us that Christ has a Bride at the end of the world. This would be that same WOMAN Christ died for as shown in Ephesians 5:25. (He's not going to die for a woman/(church) and then marry another woman!!!) Revelation 22:17 "And the Spirit and the BRIDE say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely." (This also shows us that God uses the CHURCH to SPREAD His Gospel to the people in the world, along with His Holy Spirit.)

Yes there are other women(CHURCHES) that are FALSE Churches, that Christ tells us not to be a part of, but He has His TRUE CHURCH, which He DIED FOR and will MARRY at the end of ther world. Here is the FALSE CHURCH --Rev 17: " Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, "Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters,... And I saw a WOMAN sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy... 5 And on her forehead a name was written: MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6 I saw the WOMAN, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus." (NOTE: how this HARLOT has DAUGHTERS, and what have we seen about WOMAN in the sense of CHURCHES? This means that this CHURCH has created OTHER FALSE CHURCHES that follow it's doctrines!! But this CHURCH is NEVER God's Church. God calls believers out of this church as shown in Rev 18: "4 And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of HER, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. ") Thus showing us that there is a FALSE CHURCH which God calls His people out of, while still having His TRUE CHURCH.

Revelation 12 shows us that a WOMAN(church) births a child who is caught up to heaven (and who was caught up to heaven? Jesus Christ was caught up to heaven!!) Afterwards, the devil goes after the WOMAN(church) who keep Gods commandments and have the Testimony of JESUS CHRIST, but the WOMAN was kept safe in the wilderness(aka underground, not out in the open) Revelation 12: " 1 Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a WOMAN clothed with the sun,...2 Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth... And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born. 5 She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne. 6 Then the WOMAN fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days...13 Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the WOMAN who gave birth to the male Child. 14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent. ...17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

And what is a name for the people who keep the commandments of God and have the Testimony of Jesus Christ??? They are called SAINTS , the very people God will come back to save. Revelation 14:12 "Here is the patience of the SAINTS: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." Thus we should be confident that God does have a CHURCH until the end of time, as we see detailed in Revelation, Christ coming to save the SAINTS.

Now one thing should be noted: God does not save a group of people, but rather the individual person. Thus just because a person belongs to a CHURCH, it does not mean they will be SAVED, themselves. This posting is to highlight that God does have a CHURCH still and will have it until the very end. However, the CHURCH will not save anyone, only God will do the saving, and it will be on an individual by individual term.

God Bless you all!!!:)

David Taylor
Jun 5th 2007, 08:01 PM
I am new here and apologize if this thread has been discussed before. I love reading the Bible (including different versions) and also reading books about apologetics. I also listen to Family Radio. Which brings up my question for discussion. They contend that the church age is over.

And how does anyone else feel about this statement by Family Radio?

After making a statement like that ("the church age is over"), I would stop listening to Family Radio.

It teaches contrary to Jesus and His intentions of the Great Commission.

Jesus didn't say the church age would end, but rather, that we would continue to take His gospel out to the lost of the nations of the world until the end of the world, and He would always be with us.

If you can't find any churches in your area that are faithful, I would suggest praying to the Lord for guidance and strength, and start building your own church....not with bricks and mortar, but by sharing the gospel with Christ to your neighbors, and as God brings them to repentance and acceptance of His Son by the glorious message of the gospel, you will then have a local church in your area!