PDA

View Full Version : Passover

Lisadawn
Mar 29th 2007, 03:58 PM
Passover

The children of Israel were slaves in Egypt and Moses was sent by God along with his brother, Aaron to talk to Pharaoh the leader or Egypt about letting the people go so that they may make a sacrifice to God. They originally were not trying to leave Egypt permanently, but Pharaoh, of course, did not keep his word and even after they were given permission to leave, he sent his armies after them.

In order for Moses to convince Pharaoh to let them go, God had given Moses the ability to do miracles with the use of a rod. He turned the rod into a snake, he caused a plague of frogs, plague of lice, and swarms of flies. Then the livestock were stricken, and boils infected animals and people. Hail and fire came next, then a plague of locusts - there was a total of 10 plagues.

Every time Pharaoh would give permission for them to leave, Moses would reverse the plague, but Pharaoh would change his mind again and still refuse to let the children of Israel go.

The final blow was when God said, if he didn't let them go He would strike the first born of every household dead. This would be everyone in Egypt both the Israelites and the Egyptians. Read the entire story in the Book of Exodus starting with Chapter 1 -11.

Exodus Chapter 12 describes the first Passover. Moses and Aaron were given instructions for every household to have a lamb, how to choose the lamb - spotless and without blemish - how to prepare the lamb, and how to kill the lamb.
The death of an innocent lamb was required to cover the sin of a household. The death angel was going to pass over Egypt on this particular night, but any household who had the blood of the lamb on their doorpost was spared.

Were there any people in any of these houses who were sinful? Of course! What determined who died and who did not? - The blood of the lamb!

Exodus 12:12, 23, 30b

On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn -both men and animals - and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord. The blood will be a sign for you on the house where you are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

23 When the Lord goes through the land to strike down the Egyptians, he will see the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway, and he will not permit the destroyer to enter your houses and strike you down.

and there was loud wailing in Egypt for there was not a house without someone dead.

New Testament

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Frances
Mar 29th 2007, 04:51 PM
What point are you making?

That God laid down conditions for 'passing over' His people - and that His Conditions for each individual to be Saved by Jesus must be met too, so each individual must apply the Blood of Jesus to their lives by repenting and trusting Him to be their crucified and risen Passover lamb?

Lisadawn
Mar 29th 2007, 05:52 PM
Frances,

Exactly. Just as the children of Israel had to apply the blood to the doorposts of their home in order to be saved from destruction. We are saved by the blood of Jesus, who was the perfect lamb of God.

Lisa

Matt14
Mar 29th 2007, 05:58 PM
Hi Lisadawn,

What requirements do you see in scriptures as being necessary in order to be saved from destruction under the New Covenant of Christ?

God bless!

Lisadawn
Mar 29th 2007, 06:07 PM
Matt14,

First let me say that I posted the Passover post because this coming week begins Passover.

The Old Testament points to the Cross. Jesus' once for all sacrifice and the shedding of His blood, satisfied God's righteous requirement for our sins to be forgiven.

You asked what requirement under the New Covenant needs to be met for us to be saved from destruction. If by destruction we mean, eternal damnation the requirement would be to believe that Jesus died for our sins. Each individual believing that he/she has sinned, must by faith put their faith in the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross.

You may comment further if you would like on how the Blood and the Cross is important for Sanctification as well.

Lisa

Matt14
Mar 29th 2007, 08:32 PM
What about repentance? Is that necessary, in your opinion?

Lisadawn
Mar 29th 2007, 11:39 PM
What about repentance? Is that necessary, in your opinion?

Yes.

Since I was saved when I was 10, I didn't know all of the terminology. I just accepted Christ in simple childlike faith.

By repentance, if you mean a person admits they have sinned and doesn't want to any more. I am not sure where you are going with this. Perhaps some people get saved because they think Jesus is going to give them a better life. Then they find that their life may even get worse. Salvation is actually salvation from hell.

Lisa

OneStep
Mar 29th 2007, 11:56 PM
Hi LisaDawn...there is another "Passover" thread posted in the Apologetics forum that was first displayed on March 7th. You may, or may not, be interested in the posting's on that thread.
God Bless

Lisadawn
Mar 30th 2007, 12:41 AM
Hi LisaDawn...there is another "Passover" thread posted in the Apologetics forum that was first displayed on March 7th. You may, or may not, be interested in the posting's on that thread.
God Bless

Thanks OneStep.

I went over there and posted. My main reason for writing about Passover is that I am interested in how the blood sacrifices in the Old Testament point to the final sacrifice of Christ on the Cross. On the thread that you mentioned I commented on the fact that Jesus was in Jerusalem actually sharing the Passover feast with his disciples. I am no expert, OK, but very interested. What my question was...... did Jesus not actually die on the Day of Atonement? How does that compare with Passover on the calendar?

I am not particularly worried about staying on topic. Anyone reading this can go in any direction you want. I can't believe I said that!:o Ok, within reason.

Lisa

humbled
Mar 30th 2007, 01:15 AM
What about repentance? Is that necessary, in your opinion?How does one turn away (repent) from what he loves, and in fact is enslaved to?

Keep in mind that I do believe it is possible, I would just like to see your take on this. :)

humbled
Mar 30th 2007, 01:18 AM
Salvation is actually salvation from hell.

Lisa
Hi Lisa :)

We are saved from sin for God. Hell is for the reprobate who willfully rejects Christ. The elect are not saved from hell because they were saved before their first sin (from the foundation of the world)

DavidBuck
Mar 30th 2007, 01:54 AM
Passover
John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

So the blood represents the wonderful truth that Christ died FOR us. He shed His blood as payment for our sins. When by faith, we apply Christ’s blood (His death) to our lives, we are spared the wrath of God upon us. Our sins are forgiven.

But I want to look at something else in the Passover story. When the children of Israel were in captivity under Pharoah, what country were they in? Egypt. After they put the blood on the doorposts of their houses, and the Lord passed over, and their firstborn son was spared, what country were they still in? Egypt. If our revelation is only to the blood - Christ dying for us - then our sins are still forgiven. But experientially we may continue to be living in captivity. We are still living as if we are in Egypt and still in bondage to the Pharaohs in our life. We are striving to overcome by our own effort, trying to become spiritual. But it is almost like we are still in captivity. God had a solution to the problem of the Hebrews’s captivity.

The solution was to provide them with sustenance, or life, to get them out of Egypt.

So He instructed each house, after they had smeared the blood of the lamb on the doorposts, to roast the lamb and eat it as nourishment for the upcoming journey. Can you imagine the smell of barbecued lamb throughout the land of Egypt? The Hebrews roasted lambs. Then, they ate the lamb. For us, we also take the lamb (Christ) into us as life. God is showing us here that the lamb they used for blood on the doorposts was the same lamb they ate for the journey. In other words, everything that is necessary for living the life comes from the lamb. It isn’t that the lamb dies for you and then you’re sent to do the rest on your own. The lamb is the total answer.

The lamb that gave its blood for them also gave its life to them.

They took its meat into them, and that became their nourishment, strength, and vitality for the journey. They lived their life out of the lamb’s life. They walked in its energy.

Jesus Christ is certainly the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world. His blood certainly represents forgiveness. But Jesus is also the Lamb that lives in us. Jesus is also the Life within us, from who we make the journey. I am thinking of Colosians 1:27 which says “Christ in you, the hope of glory.” One of my favorite QUOTES comes from Ian Thomas:

Jesus gave His life FOR us,
so that He could give His life TO us,
in order to live His life THROUGH us.

Happy Passover,

DavidBuck

Lisadawn
Mar 30th 2007, 01:56 AM
How does one turn away (repent) from what he loves, and in fact is enslaved to?

Keep in mind that I do believe it is possible, I would just like to see your take on this. :)

Humbled,

The reason I had a little trouble answering the post about repentance is that I think most people are not really wanting to repent and do not until they are in a desperate situation. That is why the Holy Spirit convicts the person of sin.

Even though some people are saved without having fireworks go off, and maybe they don't even feel different, salvation is a work of the Holy Spirit.
When I was saved, I didn't feel any different. I was just told that Jesus died on the cross, and that he died for my sins. God had given me the gift of eternal life. If I didn't accept it personally, it would be like leaving a present on the table......no good unless it is received.

Lisa

Lisadawn
Mar 30th 2007, 02:07 AM
Hi Lisa :)

We are saved from sin for God. Hell is for the reprobate who willfully rejects Christ. The elect are not saved from hell because they were saved before their first sin (from the foundation of the world)

Humbled,

You make my head spin:o. Even if this were true and I am not saying it is or isn't, why did Christ come to actually die then?

Lisadawn
Mar 30th 2007, 02:15 AM
So the blood represents the wonderful truth that Christ died FOR us. He shed His blood as payment for our sins. When by faith, we apply Christ’s blood (His death) to our lives, we are spared the wrath of God upon us. Our sins are forgiven.

But I want to look at something else in the Passover story. When the children of Israel were in captivity under Pharoah, what country were they in? Egypt. After they put the blood on the doorposts of their houses, and the Lord passed over, and their firstborn son was spared, what country were they still in? Egypt. If our revelation is only to the blood - Christ dying for us - then our sins are still forgiven. But experientially we may continue to be living in captivity. We are still living as if we are in Egypt and still in bondage to the Pharaohs in our life. We are striving to overcome by our own effort, trying to become spiritual. But it is almost like we are still in captivity. God had a solution to the problem of the Hebrews’s captivity.

The solution was to provide them with sustenance, or life, to get them out of Egypt.

So He instructed each house, after they had smeared the blood of the lamb on the doorposts, to roast the lamb and eat it as nourishment for the upcoming journey. Can you imagine the smell of barbecued lamb throughout the land of Egypt? The Hebrews roasted lambs. Then, they ate the lamb. For us, we also take the lamb (Christ) into us as life. God is showing us here that the lamb they used for blood on the doorposts was the same lamb they ate for the journey. In other words, everything that is necessary for living the life comes from the lamb. It isn’t that the lamb dies for you and then you’re sent to do the rest on your own. The lamb is the total answer.

The lamb that gave its blood for them also gave its life to them.

They took its meat into them, and that became their nourishment, strength, and vitality for the journey. They lived their life out of the lamb’s life. They walked in its energy.

Jesus Christ is certainly the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world. His blood certainly represents forgiveness. But Jesus is also the Lamb that lives in us. Jesus is also the Life within us, from who we make the journey. I am thinking of Colosians 1:27 which says “Christ in you, the hope of glory.” One of my favorite QUOTES comes from Ian Thomas:

Jesus gave His life FOR us,
so that He could give His life TO us,
in order to live His life THROUGH us.

Happy Passover,

DavidBuck

David,

This is one great post. I hadn't thought of that before. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was saved when I was 10 years old. Although I knew I was a sinner and did need to be saved, there were not that many problems in my life at that time. The problems came later.........

When Christ shared the Passover meal with his disciples he told them to eat his body didn't he.

The other factor to consider is healing, and that could be spiritual or physical.....it is by his broken body.

Isaiah 53:5...By his stripes we are healed.

Lisa

humbled
Mar 30th 2007, 04:13 AM
Humbled,

You make my head spin:o. Even if this were true and I am not saying it is or isn't, why did Christ come to actually die then?To save His people from their sins (Matt 1:21) :)

humbled
Mar 30th 2007, 04:14 AM
Humbled,

The reason I had a little trouble answering the post about repentance is that I think most people are not really wanting to repent and do not until they are in a desperate situation. That is why the Holy Spirit convicts the person of sin.

Even though some people are saved without having fireworks go off, and maybe they don't even feel different, salvation is a work of the Holy Spirit.
When I was saved, I didn't feel any different. I was just told that Jesus died on the cross, and that he died for my sins. God had given me the gift of eternal life. If I didn't accept it personally, it would be like leaving a present on the table......no good unless it is received.

LisaWhy do some repent while others do not?

Why did you believe what you were told about Jesus and others do not?

Matt14
Mar 30th 2007, 02:06 PM
How does one turn away (repent) from what he loves, and in fact is enslaved to?

By obeying the gospel of Christ. The Bible says plainly that we can turn away from sin by turning to God through Christ Jesus.

If man could not repent, it seems silly for God to command repentance over and over again in the Holy Scriptures (Luke 13:3; Luke 24:47; Acts 17:39; Romans 10:9,10, just a few for instance).

Paul says we are enslaved by what we submit ourselves to, Romans 6:16. Therefore, we can make ourselves slaves to righteousness by obedience to the gospel.

humbled
Mar 30th 2007, 03:07 PM
By obeying the gospel of Christ. The Bible says plainly that we can turn away from sin by turning to God through Christ Jesus.

If man could not repent, it seems silly for God to command repentance over and over again in the Holy Scriptures (Luke 13:3; Luke 24:47; Acts 17:39; Romans 10:9,10, just a few for instance).

Paul says we are enslaved by what we submit ourselves to, Romans 6:16. Therefore, we can make ourselves slaves to righteousness by obedience to the gospel.Romans 8:5-9
5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,
7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,
8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that the natural, unregenerated man has the capability to obey the Law of God. According to Paul, the mind set on the flesh doesn't even have this ability! A non believer most assuredly has his mind set on the flesh. But you expect us to believe that they are able to obey God? Seems unScriptural to me.

As for moral responsibility equalling moral ability, are you familiar with Augustine of Hippo?

He uttered this prayer:

“O God, command what you wouldst, and grant what thou dost command.”

There was a man who objected to the second part of that prayer. That man was Pelagius. He believed that if God commands us to do something, that MUST mean man is able to. Sproul has written an excellent article dealing with this subject. Here is an excerpt:

What Pelagius was saying is that moral responsibility always and everywhere implies moral capability or, simply, moral ability. So why would we have to pray, “God grant me, give me the gift of being able to do what you command me to do”? Pelagius saw in this statement a shadow being cast over the integrity of God himself, who would hold people responsible for doing something they cannot do.

So in the ensuing debate, Augustine made it clear that in creation, God commanded nothing from Adam or Eve that they were incapable of performing. But once transgression entered and mankind became fallen, God’s law was not repealed nor did God adjust his holy requirements downward to accommodate the weakened, fallen condition of his creation. God did punish his creation by visiting upon them the judgment of original sin, so that everyone after Adam and Eve who was born into this world was born already dead in sin. Original sin is not the first sin. It’s the result of the first sin; it refers to our inherent corruption, by which we are born in sin, and in sin did our mothers conceive us. We are not born in a neutral state of innocence, but we are born in a sinful, fallen condition. Virtually every church in the historic World Council of Churches at some point in their history and in their creedal development articulates some doctrine of original sin. So clear is that to the biblical revelation that it would take a repudiation of the biblical view of mankind to deny original sin altogether.

R.C. Sproul - The Pelagian Captivity of the Church (http://journeymen.wordpress.com/2007/01/31/rc-sproul%E2%80%99s-the-pelagian-captivity-of-the-church-pt-2/)
emphasis added
Martin Luther makes an equally applicable comment:

Concordances all the imperative words into one chaos, provided that, they be not words of the promise but of the requirement of the law only, and I will immediately declare, that by them is always shewn what men ought to do, not what they can do, or do do. And even common grammarians and every little school-boy in the street knows, that by verbs of the imperative mood, nothing else is signified than that which ought to be done, and that, what is done or can be done, is expressed by verbs of the indicative mood.
Thus, therefore, it comes to pass, that you theologians, are so senseless and so many degrees below even school-boys, that when you have caught hold of one imperative verb you infer an indicative sense, as though what was commanded were immediately and even necessarily done, or possible to be done.

Martin Luther - The Bondage of the Will (http://www.truecovenanter.com/truelutheran/luther_bow.html) Section 56 of Discussion One
emphasis added

There is no reason to believe that a command equals an ability. In fact, that is a prerequisite for salvation! Crying out to God saying "I can't!" Humility and brokenness are what bring us to the Savior. Spiritual pride, declaring "I can!" causes God to resist you (1 Pet 5:5)

Grace to you

Lisadawn
Mar 30th 2007, 03:19 PM
Rev 7:17

For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them into living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

I have an idea. Why don't we go back to the Passover Topic and think about it just a little more.. Most of us have heard this in Sunday School, and seen in in the movie, The Ten Commandments, but think of it as a historical fact, that does not apply to us today.

As God took care of the Children of Israel by leading them out of bondage and out of Egypt, how did he sustain them along the way?

What about us? How does God help you today? Is He somewhere in a book or does he meet your needs every day?

How about the Lamb.....? It is interesting that Jesus is called both a lamb and a shepherd?

I challenge you all to think outside the box just a little......;)

Lisa

OneStep
Mar 30th 2007, 05:06 PM
From my understanding, Jesus died at approximately 3 pm (the 9th hour) at the beginning of Passover. His body had to be prepared (Wednesday) prior to sundown.
As for Atonement, I read in Leviticus 23:27-28 and Leviticus 25:9 that the Day of Atonement is the 10th day of the seventh month.

The day Jesus was crucified was a day for a third sacrifical lamb. Normally two each day.
Gotta go look something up...be back

Ta-An
Mar 30th 2007, 05:26 PM
Lisadawn,

Just as the Angel of Death passed over the houses which had the blood of the lamb painted over the doorway, so the Angel of Death will pass over those who has the Blood of the Lamb over their lives.

This speaks of G_d's Prevenient Grace... He has made it possible for us to accept this wonderfull gift from Him. He paid the price to purchase us back from Death by His Blood. Before you and I even needed this grace He has provided it already, and it is ours for the acceptance of Him.

May you enjoy a joyfull feast of Passover, fulfilled by Christ our Redeemer King!!!

Ta-An
Mar 30th 2007, 05:28 PM
:idea: According to the Hebrew custom, if you lived outside of Jerusalem, you ate the Passover the night before the rest of the people who lived in Jerusalem ate it.

Ta-An
Mar 30th 2007, 05:35 PM
Rev 7:17

For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them into living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

I have an idea. Why don't we go back to the Passover Topic and think about it just a little more.. Most of us have heard this in Sunday School, and seen in in the movie, The Ten Commandments, but think of it as a historical fact, that does not apply to us today.

As God took care of the Children of Israel by leading them out of bondage and out of Egypt, how did he sustain them along the way? Living water from The Rock that travelled with them (where else do you find a rock in the desert??)

What about us? How does God help you today? Is He somewhere in a book or does he meet your needs every day? His Prevenient Grace carries me every day :pp

How about the Lamb.....? It is interesting that Jesus is called both a lamb and a shepherd? Lamb= sacrificial Lamb (Passover, blood )
:idea: Shepherd,,, as the sheep recognizes the voice of The Shepherd .... (relationship/intamacy with G_d)

I challenge you all to think outside the box just a little......;)

Lisa
You actually need to think in the box and not laterally :D

Ta-An
Mar 30th 2007, 07:17 PM
On Passover :)

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=51450

A special Passover story:

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?p=180565#post180565

Lisadawn
Mar 30th 2007, 08:35 PM
From my understanding, Jesus died at approximately 3 pm (the 9th hour) at the beginning of Passover. His body had to be prepared (Wednesday) prior to sundown.
As for Atonement, I read in Leviticus 23:27-28 and Leviticus 25:9 that the Day of Atonement is the 10th day of the seventh month.

The day Jesus was crucified was a day for a third sacrifical lamb. Normally two each day.
Gotta go look something up...be back

This is so fastening to me. Thank you for your post. I didn't know all of this. I had heard that while Jesus was dying on the cross that the High Priest was slaying a lamb. Can you just imagine the timing. No one could have thought of all of this, could they?

When He said It is Finished, the veil of the temple was rent from top to bottom. Before that time, only the priests could enter the Holy of Holies, but Jesus made access to God possible for all of us.

Takes my breath away just thinking about it.

ACCM, Your posts are great. I will be back to answer them and any others. Keep them coming.

Lisa

Lisadawn
Mar 31st 2007, 02:34 AM
Lisadawn,

Just as the Angel of Death passed over the houses which had the blood of the lamb painted over the doorway, so the Angel of Death will pass over those who has the Blood of the Lamb over their lives.

This speaks of G_d's Prevenient Grace... He has made it possible for us to accept this wonderfull gift from Him. He paid the price to purchase us back from Death by His Blood. Before you and I even needed this grace He has provided it already, and it is ours for the acceptance of Him.

May you enjoy a joyfull feast of Passover, fulfilled by Christ our Redeemer King!!!

ACCM,

Thank you for your insight and fantastic posts. I love all of them. In fact feel free to come back and share more. I was reading the links you provided and am posting one of Literary Joe's entire posts. I think that is all right to do. It is listed in the link in one of your posts. Regarding bondage in Egypt and freedom to make it do the promised land, does anyone have any comments about how Jesus delivers us from any bondage that we are in now.......Lisa

Literaryjoe

Preface

If read in its historical context, Scripture is quite clear regarding the Resurrection and its timing. It all started with a picture—the picture of deliverance from bondage, the Exodus from Egypt. The Feast of Passover and the associated Feast of Unleavened Bread commemorate how God delivered the Israelites from bondage in Egypt.

In every generation, we should feel as though we ourselves have come forth from Egypt, as it is written: “You shall tell your son on that day, `It is because of what YAHWEH did for me when I came out of Egypt.’” (Exodus 13:8). Indeed, “Egypt” exists on more than one level, and we have been redeemed and led forth from the spiritual Egypt that was the “domain of darkness” and transferred “to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” (Colossians 1:13b, 14).

According to God’s calendar, Passover (Pesach) was to be celebrated first, then immediately thereafter, the Feast of Unleavened Bread. In the midst of the Feast of Unleavened Bread (seven days long), was to be the Feast of First Fruits. From that date counting fifty days (or plus 49 days) was Pentecost (Shavuot). The Gospels make it quite clear that the events at the end of the earthly ministry of Yeshua were not just coincidentally related to the “Feasts of YAHWEH” (Leviticus 23:2, 4, 37 & 44)—they were, by God’s design, a picture of the final events of the earthly ministry of Messiah Yeshua.

God makes it plain throughout Scripture that He has chosen the Exodus from Egypt as a lasting illustration of both His faithfulness and of the redemption of His chosen people from spiritual bondage (Isaiah 11:16, Psalm 81:10). Likewise, the Promised Land is an illustration of God’s eternal rest (i.e., salvation, c.f., Ezekiel 20:40-44, Isaiah 11:6-12, 16, Hebrews 3:7-11; 4:1, 3a, 9-11). In fact, God does more than just associate these events as types. The final fulfillment of God’s promises includes the physical restoration of His people to the Land (Revelation 21, Isaiah 27:6, 9a, 13).

Let us then remember that, “...in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.” Ephesians 2:13

OneStep
Mar 31st 2007, 10:12 PM
This is so fastening to me. Thank you for your post. I didn't know all of this. I had heard that while Jesus was dying on the cross that the High Priest was slaying a lamb. Can you just imagine the timing. No one could have thought of all of this, could they?

When He said It is Finished, the veil of the temple was rent from top to bottom. Before that time, only the priests could enter the Holy of Holies, but Jesus made access to God possible for all of us.

Takes my breath away just thinking about it.

ACCM, Your posts are great. I will be back to answer them and any others. Keep them coming.

Lisa

I too find it all amazing. The deeper you dig into the Word the deeper it gets.
When Jesus spoke the words "It Is Finished", those are the same words the priest would say at the finish of the last sacrifice of the day. He truly wsas declaring Himself to be the High Priest.
I also found it interesting that there were three crucified that day. Just as there were three sacrifices that day.
Interesting too that Jesus was in the middle...as if He was separating light from dark. The one thief Jesus said He would see in paradise because he believed, therefore he died in the light, the other died in the darkness of his sins because he believed not. And there was Jesus in the middle

All things that are in the physical aspect are also in the Spiritual.

Lisadawn
Apr 1st 2007, 05:16 AM
That was a beautiful Post Onestep.

Off topic just a little, but tomorrow is Palm Sunday, also, so just want to post this scripture, and if anyone has any more comments on Passover or Palm Sunday....post away.

When He had said this, "He went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem.
And it came to pass, when he came near to Bethphage and Bethany, at the mountain called Olivet, that He sent two of His disciples, saying
Go into the village opposite you, where as you enter you will find a colt tied, on which no one has ever sat. Loose him and bring him here.
And if anyone asks you, "Why are you loosing him? thus you shall say to him, 'Because the Lord has need of him'"
So those who were sent departed and found it just as He had said to them.
But as they were loosing the colt, the owners of it said to him, "Why are you loosing the colt?"
And they said, "The Lord has need of him."
Then they brought him to Jesus, "And they threw their own garments on the colt, and they set Jesus on him.
And as He went, they spread their clothes on the road.
Then, as He ws now drawing near the descent of the Mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works they had seen,
saying:

'Blessed is the King who comes in the
name of the Lord!'
Peace in heaven and glory in the
highest!"

And some of the Pharisees called to Him from the crowd. "Teacher, rebuke Your disciples."
But He answered and said to them. "I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out."
Now as He drew near; He saw the city and wept over it. saying, " If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes.

Luke 19:28-42

Ta-An
Apr 1st 2007, 09:44 AM
'Blessed is the King who comes in the
name of the Lord!'
Peace in heaven and glory in the
highest!"
OD YESHAMA
Public Domain (Jer. 33:10.11)

O yeshama b’areye Yehuda
Uvey chutzot Yerushalayim! (2x)
Kol sasson v’kol simcha
Kol chatan v’kol kala! (2x)

A song shall be heard in
the cities of Judah
And in the streets of Jerusalem!
The voice of joy
and the voice of gladness
The voice of the bridegroom
and the voice of the bride! (2x)

LO YISA GOY
Public Domain (Isaiah 2:4)

Lo yisa goy el goy cherev
V’lo yilm’ du od milchama! (4x)

And every man ‘neath
his vine and figtree
Shall live in peace and unafraid. (2x)
And into plowshares turn their swords,
Nations shall learn war no more! (2x)

HOSANNA
By Carl Tuttle
© 1985 Mercy Publishing

Hosanna, hosanna,
hosanna in the highest! (2x)
Lord, we lift up Your Name
With hearts full of praise!
Be exalted, O Lord my God
Hosanna in the highest!

Hoshana, hoshana,
hoshana bam’ romim! (2x)
Neromem et Shemcha
Belev male todah!
Nehallel otcha Adon
Hoshana bam’ romim!
(vs.2) [Glory…to the King of kings…]

OneStep
Apr 1st 2007, 04:29 PM
Yes...and as he did ride on a colt, the foal of a donkey, which is a symbolism in the East to be an animal of peace.
And in Revelations when He returns he is pictured to return via a horse, symbolized as an animal of war.

Ta-An
Apr 1st 2007, 06:07 PM
Imagine that colt, being dresses in a 'new robe' having all those cloaks put on him for such an important task :idea:

Lisadawn
Apr 1st 2007, 08:07 PM
When they left the Passover Meal, they sang a hymn.....what might that hymn have been?

I had heard just recently that it might have been Psalm 118:14
This is the day which the Lord hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Ever thought you were having a bad day.........

Lisa

OneStep
Apr 1st 2007, 11:08 PM
This was foretold in Zecariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

I am awaiting the day He returns. He will not be on the docile colt of an ass.

Ramon
Apr 1st 2007, 11:19 PM
This was foretold in Zecariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

I am awaiting the day He returns. He will not be on the docile colt of an ass.

It says in Isaiah that he will trodden down the wicked and he will be covered in their blood i believe. This is backed up in Revelation when it says "his cloak is dipped in blood"

OneStep
Apr 1st 2007, 11:30 PM
Revelation 19:11-13
His "vesture" (robe) dipped in blood I believe is talking about the atoning blood of Christ.
Would it be Isaiah 11:4 you are referring too?
I use the KJV, so your wording will be different if you use another version.

Ramon
Apr 1st 2007, 11:40 PM
Revelation 19:11-13
His "vesture" (robe) dipped in blood I believe is talking about the atoning blood of Christ.
Would it be Isaiah 11:4 you are referring too?
I use the KJV, so your wording will be different if you use another version.

I'm referring to Isaiah 63:3
hmmm i never thought about Revelation like that.....

Lisadawn
Apr 2nd 2007, 12:28 AM
Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even the diving asunder of soul and spirit, and the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

In the Book of Revelation when it talks about a sword coming out of Christ's mouth, could it not be his powerful Word. With a word, God created the heavens and the earth, and with a Word he can fight his enemies.

I agree with OneStep, Jesus road a donkey into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday, but when he comes back he will be riding a white horse, and he will be coming back as King.

Lisa

Ramon
Apr 2nd 2007, 12:33 AM
Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even the diving asunder of soul and spirit, and the joints and marrow, and is a discerned of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

In the Book of Revelation when it talks about a sword coming out of Christ's mouth, could it not be his powerful Word. With a word, God created the heavens and the earth, and with a Word he can fight his enemies.

I agree with OneStep, Jesus road a donkey into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday, but when he comes back he will be riding a white horse, and he will be coming back as King.

Lisa

yes it says in Isaiah that with the breath of his lips he will bring death to the wicked.

remember this fun saying: The Old Testament is the New Testament CONCEALED and the New Testament is the Old Testament REVEALED. :pp