PDA

View Full Version : Should i bunjee jump?

PeterJ
Apr 21st 2007, 03:06 PM
I am realy thinking about bunjee jumping next month, its ment to be 100% safe.

Safer than para jumping.

Should i?

Peter

Saved7
Apr 21st 2007, 03:10 PM
I personally think that is dangerous. I have seen too many news crews reporting on snapped bunjee cords. But then I really shouldn't talk, because people have been killed white water rafting, and if I could do it more often I would, I really enjoy it!!:D

PeterJ
Apr 21st 2007, 03:12 PM
I personally think that is dangerous. I have seen too many news crews reporting on snapped bunjee cords. But then I really shouldn't talk, because people have been killed white water rafting, and if I could do it more often I would, I really enjoy it!!:D

water rafting realy? am thinking of doing that to, i thought that was risk free?

Saved7
Apr 21st 2007, 03:14 PM
Rish free???? Huh?:confused :confused

PeterJ
Apr 21st 2007, 03:35 PM
Rish free???? Huh?:confused :confused

Risk free, your given a float jacket and if you fall in you can swim.

Crystalblue
Apr 22nd 2007, 10:01 AM
Most high adrenalin sports can be dangerous. But then so can crossing the road. I think it all comes down to just using your common sense and not doing things that you know are genuinly dangerous and risky.

TEITZY
Apr 22nd 2007, 10:31 AM
Don't do it if you have prosthetic legs!

Quickened
Apr 22nd 2007, 02:45 PM
Might be fun Peter! Give it a go! Make a video of it :)

Big T
Apr 22nd 2007, 04:34 PM
A true story about bungee jumping......

The guy that is considered responsible for inventing it was talking with his young daughter. She was about 6 or 7 at the time. She asked him what it was he did at work. He told her about bungee jumping and she promptly asked what it was.

He decided that showing her was much easier than telling her. So he hooked some rubber bands together and then tied them to one of her barbie dolls. He held one end at the top of a door frame and dropped the barbie doll, to simulate a bungee jump.

The rubber bands broke.

BuffaloSoldier
Apr 22nd 2007, 05:06 PM
Go for it. It's a great rush and a lot of fun. Just think of it this way, you have a much higher chance of dying in a car crash than dying from a snapped bungee cord.

IamRyan
Apr 22nd 2007, 05:17 PM
Go on, do it! If there happens to be an accident, which is very unlikely, then you know that you are saved and will be with Christ in heaven. And, if all goes well, then you can always say that you bungee jumped. I myself am hoping to sometime skydive, but I will make sure to have like 6 backup parachutes.

PeterJ
Apr 22nd 2007, 05:19 PM
You can do it with a big pool, so even if you fall you land in water. Shoulc be near 100%

365_days_gone
Apr 22nd 2007, 07:18 PM
If you die from it, you'll go to heaven, so who cares?:)

JasonBrock
Apr 23rd 2007, 07:25 AM
If you die from it, you'll go to heaven, so who cares?:)

Yep. Probably the bungee will hold and you will be high on adrenaline for hours after. I did it and I couldn't help but say, over and over, "wow!!!"....I did it over rocks, and I wasn't saved at the time...I do have a friend who died doing it, yet I would do it again...:eek: :pray: :spin:

DreamWeaver
Apr 23rd 2007, 09:29 AM

Safer than para jumping.

Should i?

Peter
I hate to say this, but NO. There is no way, that you should bungee jump. There are deaths, from bungee jumping. You will also find out, alot of states have outlawed bungee jumping.

PeterJ
Apr 23rd 2007, 02:06 PM
I hate to say this, but NO. There is no way, that you should bungee jump. There are deaths, from bungee jumping. You will also find out, alot of states have outlawed bungee jumping.

How can you die from it?

Was anyone sick during it or after?

Point-man
Oct 12th 2017, 11:10 PM

Safer than para jumping.

Should i?

Peter
Nothing in this life is 100% safe.

teddyv
Oct 14th 2017, 09:21 PM
Thread zombie!

jesusinmylife
Oct 16th 2017, 01:24 AM
Thread zombie!

This person has "resurrected" several 10 year old threads.

teddyv
Oct 16th 2017, 03:52 AM
This person has "resurrected" several 10 year old threads.

It must be the rapture! Maybe those predictions were almost right.

Pbminimum
Oct 16th 2017, 03:41 PM
I wonder if he did it ? lol.

jesusinmylife
Oct 16th 2017, 05:20 PM
I wonder if he did it ? lol.

The silence is deafening.

Soldier_of_Faith
Oct 18th 2017, 02:36 PM

Safer than para jumping.

Should i?

Peter

Ultimately no matter what you do, whether crazy or not,

Colossians 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

How one can jump off a cliff for the Lord, I have no Idea, but the Lord is the Judge, not me...

Slug1
Oct 18th 2017, 03:28 PM
Ultimately no matter what you do, whether crazy or not,

Colossians 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

How one can jump off a cliff for the Lord, I have no Idea, but the Lord is the Judge, not me...:hmm: with this line of thought... we can wonder if anything and everything we do is for the Lord. Literally... I decide to take a day off from work to relax and by that, I mean... the plan is to RELAX that day off. Not taking it off for the Lord... taking it off for me, to do nothing but relax. Maybe I'll BBQ (a relaxing hobby) that day for 8 hours and eat a pulled pork dinner and have left overs for the next week. At the end of the day... prayers of thanks for the day.

Maybe that day, the only real mental exercise is to wonder how I can bottle up that smoky smell and produce it as a cologne for men :idea: :lol:

Anyway... the truth of my point. ALL we do, no matter what, is for the Lord. Even when we choose to bungee jump, or go to the movies, or walk in the park, or hike up a mountain, or go for a bike ride, or fly in the plane, or, or, or....

We then have something at the end of the day to thank Him for and by that, we are being Christ-like!

Soldier_of_Faith
Oct 18th 2017, 07:01 PM
:hmm: with this line of thought... we can wonder if anything and everything we do is for the Lord. Literally... I decide to take a day off from work to relax and by that, I mean... the plan is to RELAX that day off. Not taking it off for the Lord... taking it off for me, to do nothing but relax. Maybe I'll BBQ (a relaxing hobby) that day for 8 hours and eat a pulled pork dinner and have left overs for the next week. At the end of the day... prayers of thanks for the day.

Maybe that day, the only real mental exercise is to wonder how I can bottle up that smoky smell and produce it as a cologne for men :idea: :lol:

Anyway... the truth of my point. ALL we do, no matter what, is for the Lord. Even when we choose to bungee jump, or go to the movies, or walk in the park, or hike up a mountain, or go for a bike ride, or fly in the plane, or, or, or....

We then have something at the end of the day to thank Him for and by that, we are being Christ-like!

SO then I look at it like this. Lets say I am bungee jumping and I have a friend with me who is also scared. I then use the opportunity to witness to him about how I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and if I die, I will go to be with the Lord. He might take a moment to ponder that and ask "where am I going if I die"... I have now just made my trip for the Lord. (Doing the works of Christ through the condition of my heart.)

OR, if I say to that friend, I can do it better than you, Watch this! I am not scared at all! When in fact I lied to him, then strained my back because I was fooling around and trying to show off. This event was now for foolish selfish reasons to show off. I am then a Christian walking in the lusts of the Flesh, am I not?

Slug1
Oct 18th 2017, 07:41 PM
SO then I look at it like this. Lets say I am bungee jumping and I have a friend with me who is also scared. I then use the opportunity to witness to him about how I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and if I die, I will go to be with the Lord. He might take a moment to ponder that and ask "where am I going if I die"... I have now just made my trip for the Lord. (Doing the works of Christ through the condition of my heart.)

OR, if I say to that friend, I can do it better than you, Watch this! I am not scared at all! When in fact I lied to him, then strained my back because I was fooling around and trying to show off. This event was now for foolish selfish reasons to show off. I am then a Christian walking in the lusts of the Flesh, am I not?Anything can be in the flesh... and anything a Christian does, can be twisted by another (Christian), into something of the flesh.

I once bought a Gretsch guitar... and that was twisted by a Christian, as a fleshly purchase. Right now, I'm in the process of rebuilding a guitar and when it's done and people see it, won't surprise me should some Christian, twist it into a fleshly reason/purpose for the upgrading. Sad how some Christians have to be so, so... fleshly. Then all they see, they accuse of being (they twist), as fleshly :hmm:

Besides, the premise of the OP from years ago was the person wanted to go bungee jumping and as per this post of yours, we can "what if" and "yeah but" it to death... all to the glory of God, right? :P

hawkman
Oct 18th 2017, 07:51 PM
Bunjee jump :eek: not me ! Then I thought about I had belonged to a volunteer fire dept. for about 20 years and that was probably not as safe as bunjee jumping . The risks will come find you if you are in a VFD . I thought I was a sure gonner at least once when I lost breaks going down a hill in a deuce and half .

Kalahari
Oct 18th 2017, 08:43 PM
I Bunjee jumped at Victoria falls in Zimbabwe back in 1997. It was then still the highest commercial jump in the world 110 meters. It was really a good experience for me. If I should jump today I would like to do a wet jump. For the more adventurous the highest commercial jump is now in South Africa at Bloukrans at 217 meters.

Soldier_of_Faith
Oct 18th 2017, 10:41 PM
Anything can be in the flesh... and anything a Christian does, can be twisted by another (Christian), into something of the flesh.

I once bought a Gretsch guitar... and that was twisted by a Christian, as a fleshly purchase. Right now, I'm in the process of rebuilding a guitar and when it's done and people see it, won't surprise me should some Christian, twist it into a fleshly reason/purpose for the upgrading. Sad how some Christians have to be so, so... fleshly. Then all they see, they accuse of being (they twist), as fleshly :hmm:

Besides, the premise of the OP from years ago was the person wanted to go bungee jumping and as per this post of yours, we can "what if" and "yeah but" it to death... all to the glory of God, right? :P

Yes, all Glory to God! Isn't it great that we don't have to judge our brothers and sisters? The Lord judged our hearts. As long as our Hearts are right with the Lord, and we are seeking His glory, it does not matter at all what others think or believe about us. So then, when we are persecuted,

Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Matthew 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Luke 21:17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

mailmandan
Oct 19th 2017, 04:01 PM

Safer than para jumping.

Should i?

Peter I once parasailed, but never bungee jumped. It's your call. ;)

Pbminimum
Oct 19th 2017, 08:27 PM
I once parasailed, but never bungee jumped. It's your call. ;)

I've jumped off a bridge downtown. The cops at the Waffle House didn't appreciate it. I was young and bulletproof ( so I thought ) then.