PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Visionaries

nazarene33
Apr 23rd 2007, 11:05 PM
I was listening to "Coast to Coast" with George Noory (Art Bell on the weekends), and although I take many of their shows with a laugh, they do have some pretty interesting, credible-sounding guests on sometimes.

A couple weeks back Noory interviewed a fellow named Fr. Wingate, who is reportedly a visionary. You can read his site here if you are interested:
I can't validate this man's visions one way or the other, but they are worth having a look at for yourself. If you scare easy, avoid looking. He along with hundreds of other reported visionaries claim to know the identity of Antichrist. They're all saying it's the same guy. I am not prepared to doubt Fr. Wingate or these other people because I have no way of knowing if they are lying, so I keep an open mind but I remain at arm's distance. I don't see anything against the Lord in what they are saying - but when they speak about the days of continual darkness and the wars ahead it is rather spooky.

Have a look and post what you think. I am not a prohpecy scholar, and I must honestly say that the prohetic visions of the Old and New testaments do stump me. I think they stump a lot of people, and I cannot see a reason why God wouldn't provide visionaries to help explain things to folks like me. One thing I know is that God doesn't want His children to be left in confusion, so I trust He will have some of these things revealed.

N33

Toolapc
Apr 23rd 2007, 11:21 PM
He along with hundreds of other reported visionaries claim to know the identity of Antichrist. They're all saying it's the same guy.

i was just wondering if you could tell us more on this are these people hunting down thw antichrist or something. were did you find this and what does the antichrist look like during ourtime also how can this antichrist top Hitler.

nazarene33
Apr 23rd 2007, 11:30 PM
i was just wondering if you could tell us more on this are these people hunting down thw antichrist or something. were did you find this and what does the antichrist look like during ourtime also how can this antichrist top Hitler.[/quote]

---------

Hi there toolapc,

From my understanding (just by hearing a couple of these folks interviewed) they aren't actually hunting down the Antichrist. I guess his identity was revealed to them by a series of visions? That's my understanding anyway.

According to these people, the Antichrist has the power to transform his appearance - - - he can look Middle-Eastern, white, black etc., but he apparently is in the Middle East much of the time and is apparently a huge influence upon NATO.

Just remember toolapc, I am not saying that this individual is the A/C, I am just keeping an eye on him. As for Hitler, yeah, he was pretty evil, but the actual A/C is supposed to be even worse if you can imagine that.

N33

RogerW
Apr 24th 2007, 12:40 AM
I cannot see a reason why God wouldn't provide visionaries to help explain things to folks like me. One thing I know is that God doesn't want His children to be left in confusion, so I trust He will have some of these things revealed.
N33

Well one reason that God would not send these so-called visionaries is because we have the complete Word of God. God has given us His written Word to testify unto us all things. The Word tells me that false christ's and false prophets shall arise with great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect if it were possible.

Mt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

We also read in the Word of God that the son of perdition, that wicked comes after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders to deceive them that perish.

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Scripture also tells me that Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light, and his ministers also transformed as the ministers of righteousness.

2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Lastly, Christ answers those who seek after a sign by saying, "there shall no sign be given, but the sign of the prophet Jonas."

Mt 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
Mt 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

If Christ tells me that Satan and his minions come with lying signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect if it were possible, and Christ tells me that there will be no sign given us except that of Jonas being three days and three nights in the fish's belly; if I hear of a supernatural sign, supposedly sent from God, but I know Satan is bringing such signs, and God is not, why would I assume these so-called visionaries are come from God and not Satan? Christians do NOT need so-called visionaries or any other supernatural sign because we have the complete Word of God to guide us unto ALL truth.

RW

nazarene33
Apr 24th 2007, 01:18 AM
Well one reason that God would not send these so-called visionaries is because we have the complete Word of God. God has given us His written Word to testify unto us all things. The Word tells me that false christ's and false prophets shall arise with great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect if it were possible.

Mt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

We also read in the Word of God that the son of perdition, that wicked comes after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders to deceive them that perish.

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Scripture also tells me that Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light, and his ministers also transformed as the ministers of righteousness.

2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Lastly, Christ answers those who seek after a sign by saying, "there shall no sign be given, but the sign of the prophet Jonas."

Mt 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
Mt 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

If Christ tells me that Satan and his minions come with lying signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect if it were possible, and Christ tells me that there will be no sign given us except that of Jonas being three days and three nights in the fish's belly; if I hear of a supernatural sign, supposedly sent from God, but I know Satan is bringing such signs, and God is not, why would I assume these so-called visionaries are come from God and not Satan? Christians do NOT need so-called visionaries or any other supernatural sign because we have the complete Word of God to guide us unto ALL truth.

RW

I am not sure how this relates to visionaries revealing the identy of the Antichrist?

I'm not quite so quick to jump the gun and presume that these people are full of hooey or diabolical. I will have to see more. The message of the bible is clear, but, many of the prophetic texts are very symbolic, right? And if God granted visions then, why not now? And if not, why not? I personally believe that some people do actually hear the voice of God, are granted visions and are shown future events through dreams. I am not such a person, but I certainly believe they exist. Some are charlatans for sure, others may not be. What I can say is that as long as someone doesn't proclaim something which conflicts with the Gospel, I will be willing to hear more. If many people say that they have the identity of the A/C, I will not do much of anything other than watch said person...

N33

mattlad22
Apr 24th 2007, 02:45 AM
This man, may he be blessed through Jesus Christ, is not working for the Father through the Son.

He has repetedly "predicted" and has had "visions" that have not come to fruit.

His most famous is speaking that the pope "John Paul II" would not die, but be cured of his illness and go into exile at a later date.

We know this itself is already false.

I advise letting Fr.Wingate words evade you.

Blessings in the name of Jesus Christ.