PDA

View Full Version : Bible purchase ?

luvmykids
May 5th 2007, 01:05 AM
I am looking for a new study type bible. Someone recommended the Life Applicatoins NIV bible. (I think that is what it is called.) I do the NIV. Any other recommendations or any thoughts on this Bible?

Thanks

Saved7
May 5th 2007, 01:32 AM
I don't put too much stock in study bibles, too many differing opinions on the same topics. Just MHO.

TrustingFollower
May 5th 2007, 02:01 AM
I am looking for a new study type bible. Someone recommended the Life Applicatoins NIV bible. (I think that is what it is called.) I do the NIV. Any other recommendations or any thoughts on this Bible?

Thanks
As far as study bibles go this is a good one. In fact this is the first bible I had and I love it. I have many different bibles now, but I will always keep this one close to my heart.

karenoka27
May 5th 2007, 02:44 AM
I like the Thompson Chain Reference Bible...I don't leave home with it!

TrustingFollower
May 5th 2007, 03:19 AM
I like the Thompson Chain Reference Bible...I don't leave home with it!
What do you take with when you travel?

OneStep
May 5th 2007, 06:54 AM
I too like the Thompsons Chain Reference Bible..although I have to admit, I have never tried any other study Bible.

baptist4life
May 5th 2007, 04:09 PM
I don't really care much for the NIV, but I highly recommend the KJV Study Bible or the NKJV Study Bible by Thomas Nelson!

luvmykids
May 5th 2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the advice!

john914
May 7th 2007, 03:48 AM

Thanks

The last 7 bibles I have bought for people was the John MacArther Study bible. It is a NKJV and very good. It cost about 60.00 but well worth it. I ordered mine off the net and you can look it up Grace to you.

John914

BadDog
May 8th 2007, 02:33 AM
I am looking for a new study type bible. Someone recommended the Life Applications NIV bible. (I think that is what it is called.) I do the NIV. Any other recommendations or any thoughts on this Bible?

ThanksRyrie's study Bible (I think in NASB and NIV) is excellent. So is Radmacher's Nelson study Bible. (I think only in the NKJV, but IMO it's the best study Bible.)

The NIV is good. So is the HCSB, though I am not familiar with what study Bibles theHCSb is in now.

BD

DMA
May 8th 2007, 02:49 PM
Let me urge you to look at the ESV before buying.

susan7522
May 8th 2007, 02:57 PM
I use the student bible, I love it!