PDA

View Full Version : animals in heaven?

TSP
May 9th 2007, 05:45 PM
Growing up in a Christian background I was always told in school and such since animals didnít have the capability to believe in God they simply did not have a soul. Well I have found a lot of passages that really states otherwise. Tell me what you think.

Isa 65:25 5 The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain," says the LORD.

ROMANS 8:19-21 "the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God, because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."

ECCLESIASTES 3:19-20 Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath, man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust and to dust all return.

PSALM 36:6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your judgments are like the great deep; you save humans and animals alike.

GENESIS 1:30 and to every animal of the earth, and to every fowl of the heavens, and to everything that creepeth on the earth, in which is a living soul, every green herb for food. And it was so. O LORD.

Dunedanranger
May 9th 2007, 05:55 PM
There will be animals in heaven. However, this (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=21&CHAP=3&SEARCH=jesus%20king%20lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=21) verse always made me think that individual animals who had previously been on earh would also be in the new earth.

Parax
May 9th 2007, 06:03 PM
To be honest I reckon they will be. God was pleased with them when they were created and let's face it - they're an integral part of our global ecosystem. If all humans died out tomorrow, the world would carry on (probably with a sigh of relief)

If all the insects died tomorrow, the entire ecosystem would collapse and we'd all be dead within a matter of months.

God made them and was pleased. He didn't give them souls, so they can't be 'saved' but why would they need to be?

Blessed123
May 9th 2007, 08:30 PM
[quote=TSP;1254754]Growing up in a Christian background I was always told in school and such since animals didnít have the capability to believe in God they simply did not have a soul. Well I have found a lot of passages that really states otherwise. Tell me what you think.

Isa 65:25 5 The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain," says the LORD.

This verse is speaking of the time when Jesus will rule and reign on this earth. I think it is in Isaiah 11.

ROMANS 8:19-21 "the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God, because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."

This seems to support the idea that animals will be in Heaven. I believe they will since God went to a lot of trouble to take animals with Noah on the Ark, and since He is the same, yesterday, today, and forever, I believe He still loves every living creature.

TEITZY
May 10th 2007, 12:07 AM
Growing up in a Christian background I was always told in school and such since animals didn’t have the capability to believe in God they simply did not have a soul. Well I have found a lot of passages that really states otherwise. Tell me what you think.

ECCLESIASTES 3:19-20 Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath, man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust and to dust all return.

PSALM 36:6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your judgments are like the great deep; you save humans and animals alike.

GENESIS 1:30 and to every animal of the earth, and to every fowl of the heavens, and to everything that creepeth on the earth, in which is a living soul, every green herb for food. And it was so. O LORD.

At present there are no animals from earth in heaven as we know it, however it's likely that there will be animals on the new earth which will be literally heaven on earth. I don't believe the Bible teaches that animals will be redeemed like mankind or that those animals that have died on this earth will be present in 'heaven'.

In the Eccl 3 passage Solomon is simply stating (from a purely human perspective) that both man and animals die and both return to the dust ("go to the same place"). Psalm 36:2 is talking about physical preservation as opposed to salvation of the soul. A good example of this would be Jonah 4:11.

Cheers
Leigh

FaithfulSheep
May 10th 2007, 12:09 PM
I don't know that Heaven will have animals like we have here on earth, but I would imagine there will be animals of some kind. (Scripture previously posted by other members)

Cleo
May 10th 2007, 02:05 PM
Yes, I believe animals go to heaven. I believe that I will be reunited with my pets there.