PDA

View Full Version : For my baby girl

Theophilus
May 30th 2007, 04:33 PM
Many of you know my wife and I are the proud parents of a 6 month old girlchild...and she is a delight and a blessing.

Her pediatrician detected a heart murmur at her first screening...and at her six month check-up (today), said that the murmur didn't sound quite the same...and wanted to refer us to a cardiologist, just to be on the safe side.

At 6 months, she is in the 95th percentile of height and weight, so she is the picture of health...and as sweet natured a baby as you'd ever want to see.

However, as a concerned dad, I bring her before you, and request that you would pray for her, and that God's perfect will would be done concerning this matter. She is His, after all...and He knows what's best.

Her name is Olivia, for those who like to put a name with the prayer.

My thanks to all. :hug:

Frances
May 30th 2007, 04:50 PM
:pray: for Olivia's total Healing, either direct from the Lord or with the cardiologist's help.

rchivers
May 30th 2007, 04:56 PM
I was held at the hostpital when I was born because of this same reason.

Things smoothed out after time and all is well (I'm 33 now).

Just said a prayer for your daughter. Everything will be fine, that does not make it any less scary though!

corijoysdad
May 30th 2007, 05:29 PM
Theo,
I know how scary and anxiety-ridden it can be to think there may be a health issue with your kid. I'll pray that everything will be fine with Olivia and that you and your family find comfort and strength in God as you go through this.

Steve

Ta-An
May 30th 2007, 05:35 PM
:pray:
Thank You L_rd that Olivia is in Your hands.

Diggindeeper
May 30th 2007, 07:03 PM
Praying for little Olivia...and her parents! :hug::pray:

GodsOwnFool
May 30th 2007, 07:06 PM
My niece had a heart murmur when she was young also. She is now a healthy young lady in her early '20s with wonderful health. I pray that your beautiful Olivia will have no serious problems with her heart also. :hug:

karenoka27
May 30th 2007, 07:22 PM
I had one too and I outgrew as the doctor's said I would. However, this does not take away the concern you have for your daughter. I will bring Olivia before the Lord.

ChristsCourage
May 30th 2007, 07:35 PM
I :pray::pray::pray::pray:that Olivia is healed by GOD. I also :pray::pray::pray::pray:that you and your wife are comforted by HIS LOVING hands through all of this.:pray::pray::pray::pray:

quiet dove
May 30th 2007, 07:35 PM
I am praying for Olivia, and for mommy and daddy to. :pray:

Quickened
May 30th 2007, 07:41 PM
Nice choice on the name :)

I am praying

Theophilus
May 30th 2007, 08:53 PM
My humblest, sincerest, and most heartfelt thanks for your prayers. I know she's in His hands always...but it certainly helps me knowing you're all praying on her behalf (and for DW and me).

:hug:

beachbum53
May 30th 2007, 09:14 PM
Have prayed for Olivia and your DW and you.
She is blessed to have you and your wife to take care of her and raise her.

Seeker of truth
May 30th 2007, 09:48 PM
Olivia is in my prayers :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

BlessedAngel
May 31st 2007, 07:25 PM
:pray:My prayers are with you

cally
Jun 3rd 2007, 10:24 AM
I am praying for all of you...:pray:

cheech
Jun 3rd 2007, 10:50 AM
Praying for little Olivia :pray:

Ta-An
Jun 3rd 2007, 01:58 PM
Has she seen the Cardiologist yet Stickman??

Diggindeeper
Jun 3rd 2007, 02:08 PM

I'm wondering the same thing! Let us know what the doctor says....

Theophilus
Jun 4th 2007, 12:36 PM

No, not yet...we're still waiting for an appointment time.

I want to say again I appreciate all the prayers. It is such a blessing to know I have brothers and sisters in Christ all over the world, praying for my precious one.

I'll let you know something as soon as I do...

Whispering Grace
Jun 4th 2007, 12:37 PM
My dear brother, I am just now seeing this. Olivia (and you and your family) are in my prayers. :hug:

Slug1
Jun 4th 2007, 12:44 PM
Prayers going out for your baby girl :pray:

Befaithful
Jun 4th 2007, 01:54 PM
Praying for baby Olivia:kiss::pray::pray::pray:

Theophilus
Jun 5th 2007, 06:24 PM
Thank you, everyone...We will be seeing the cardiologist June 18th...just wanted to keep you all updated.

Christ-4-D
Jun 6th 2007, 09:23 PM
Hey Theo...i will be praying for your little girl. I hope the apt. goes well.

Sherrie
Jun 8th 2007, 12:35 AM
Sorry I have gone for a week or so, so just now reading, and lifting Olivia up to our Lord Jesus. In His hands all things are possible, and in His arms all things are comforted. Lifting you and wife up as well!

Victor
Jun 8th 2007, 04:23 AM
we are adding Olivia to our prayer list. May God bless her

angelus5370
Jun 9th 2007, 03:02 AM
:pray::pray: for your sweet, precious Olivia, also mom and dad........

Peace Witness
Jun 9th 2007, 03:19 AM
Sometimes kids outgrow a heart murmur. But I'm thinking that God can use this to test and strenghten your faith.

Lord, please heal this baby girl, according to your will and for your purposes. Amen.

justintime
Jun 9th 2007, 03:26 AM
Greetings Theophilus, brothers/sisters, grace and peace be withtg you and your families, may the Will of our Lord Jesus Christ be done. Amen!

Brother Theophilus :hug::hug: its always nice see you, I will honour your request for prayer for your precious joy little sister "Olivia" do give her a HuG from her brother in Christ, tell her that Jesus loves her and so do I, praise his Holy name.

Keep trusting in the Lord.

Thanks for the update, keep us posted.

Haver a great day

Mighty Mutt
Jun 9th 2007, 05:06 AM
Praying, brother.

Theophilus
Jun 9th 2007, 04:05 PM
Big thank you's to my "prayer partners"...I appreciate you all so much.

Lisadawn
Jun 9th 2007, 10:02 PM
Praying for Olivia....and the rest of you!

Lisa :hug:

ddmor
Jun 9th 2007, 10:53 PM
Olivia's in my prayers. :pray:

kayte
Jun 10th 2007, 08:11 PM
Just letting you know I'm praying here, also. :hug:

Theophilus
Jun 19th 2007, 12:54 PM
Olivia has a 10mm hole between the atrial walls...and it will require an operation.

I have said before and still maintain that she's in God's hands, and I have no doubt He will do what's best.

I pray for His will to be done, and for His glory to be seen in this. My heart's desire is that, if it's in His will, she be well and whole, and that she be healed...either supernaturally (He still does miracles, after all!), or through the hands of the surgeon.

The prognosis is good, and the "fix" would be permanent...but as a parent, it's still scary, even knowing God is in control. Please pray for her...pray for her mother and me...and for her sisters.

My thanks for all the prayers on her behalf already...and as the Holy Spirit brings her to mind (or as you scan your prayer list), continue to remember this sweet baby. :hug:

karenoka27
Jun 19th 2007, 01:12 PM
do you know when the operation will be?:pray:

Befaithful
Jun 19th 2007, 01:25 PM
:pray::pray::pray:

Theophilus
Jun 19th 2007, 01:47 PM
No, ma'am...the consultation with the pediactric cardiologist was just yesterday...he's going to start the process for the next step immediately, though. He said our consultation with the surgeon will serve as our second opinion, and the usual procedure is to have the surgery the next day.

I would assume it will be within the next few months...the sooner the better, AFAIC.

Ninna
Jun 19th 2007, 01:55 PM
I am praying.:pray:

GodsOwnFool
Jun 19th 2007, 01:59 PM
I've just sent out a prayer for little Olivia. Extra prayers too for mom, dad and her sisters that they their worries and anxieties will be comforted.

I also sent up a prayer for her surgeons -- that they will use their God-given skill and knowledge to help Olivia during her upcoming operation. :pray:

miepie
Jun 19th 2007, 02:52 PM
I have added Olivia to my prayerlist....... :hug: :pray:

Love you,
Mieke :kiss:

Frances
Jun 20th 2007, 05:23 PM
Praying that the Healing paid for on the Cross will soon be manifest in Olivia's body. . . . and His Peace is experienced by all the family at this stressful time.

kayte
Jun 20th 2007, 10:48 PM
My heart is on it's knees for Olivia and the rest of the stick family. :pray: :hug:

Sherrie
Jun 20th 2007, 10:58 PM
Praying for Olivia...........and for you and wife..........

Theophilus
Jul 23rd 2007, 07:55 PM
August 8th...early morning.
I would beseech you to "...go, write it in a table, and note it in a book..."
...and please remember to pray for the surgical team, me and Mrs. T, the sissys...and most of all, for Olive Oyl.:hug:

karenoka27
Jul 23rd 2007, 08:05 PM
Covering all of you in prayer..August 8th..putting it on my calendar, but I'll start praying now.

broknhearted
Jul 23rd 2007, 08:20 PM
I will remember her in my prayers...give her a hug for me...

Theophilus
Jul 23rd 2007, 08:25 PM
Covering all of you in prayer..August 8th..putting it on my calendar, but I'll start praying now.:hug: and thank you, K.

Theophilus
Jul 23rd 2007, 08:26 PM
...give her a hug for me...
It's like potato chips...I can't give her just one (but I don't think she'll mind. ;))

Diggindeeper
Jul 23rd 2007, 09:01 PM
August 8, early morning.

Wrote that date down and already been praying for that precious little baby! Also for you and Mom,sisters, and the surgical team. :pray:

miepie
Jul 23rd 2007, 09:37 PM
I have made a note on my calender too.... :hug: :pray:

Love you,

broknhearted
Jul 23rd 2007, 10:10 PM
ok, then, give her several for me...that will give you an excuse for you to hug her more!

Debra R
Jul 24th 2007, 12:54 AM
...and please remember to pray for the surgical team, me and Mrs. T, the sissys...and most of all, for Olive Oyl.:hug:

adding my prayers too. :hug:

Lisadawn
Jul 24th 2007, 07:14 PM

Will add my prayers....starting now!

Lisa

Loved
Jul 25th 2007, 07:56 PM
I said a prayer for your little girl and the doctors and you and your wife. :hug: You're all in my thoughts and prayers!

Peace Witness
Jul 25th 2007, 08:49 PM
Continuing to pray for you all, and the doctors! :pray:

susan7522
Jul 25th 2007, 09:49 PM
I am praying for you all. My youngest and middle child both have heart murmurs and we were told they will out grow it. My dad had this too. :hug: :pray:

tma66
Jul 25th 2007, 10:54 PM
What a beautiful name Olivia, Praying that she will be healed and well. I can tell you that my sister had a heart murmur as a child my mom said the physcians didnt give much hope said shed always have probs...but by the time she was 12 it was completly gone and she never had ANY heart probs again and she is now in 40's. and healthy as a horse : )

Seeker of truth
Jul 26th 2007, 03:36 AM
I'm still praying for your beautiful baby girl :pray: :hug:

Victor
Jul 26th 2007, 03:52 AM
May our God lay his healing hands apon your precious daughter, his calmness apon her family and his guidance over the medical team.
We will continue to keep you in our prayers.

skittles
Jul 26th 2007, 08:43 PM
your baby girls is on my prayer list now...
your strenght is inspiring....and i will pray that the Lord continues to give you strength and peace. :pray:

Theophilus
Aug 6th 2007, 07:12 PM
First of all, my sincere thanks and appreciation for everyone who's prayed and/or continues to pray on my little girl's behalf. You will never know this side of heaven how grateful I am for your prayers, and how much those prayers mean to me. To think that people I've never met in person would care enough to lift up my baby to God...well, for once, words fail me.

We will be headed to the hospital tomorrow for the last round of pre-tests, with surgery scheduled for Wednesday, anywhere from 7:00 am to 9:00 am. Please continue to lift her up in prayer...

...and us, too. I almost hate to ask, but as sure as I am that God's perfect will will be done, I'm not sure what that perfect will entails. As much as my heart's desire for her is for complete and total healing, and for a long and fruitful life lived for Christ...that may not be what He has in mind. I rest assured that He knows best...but it is in the quiet moments that my mind (and my wife's mind) circles around the "what if's"...and those are not pleasant thoughts. Part of what it means to be a mom or dad, I guess.

Anyway, I'll be away for an extended period...but if I can, I will drop in and give you all an update.

'Til then, to God be the glory in all things, now and forever.

Theophilus

Seeker of truth
Aug 6th 2007, 07:15 PM
I will continue to pray for your sweet daughter as well as your entire family my brother :pray: :hug:

sunney4
Aug 6th 2007, 07:17 PM
:pray::pray:..............

GodsOwnFool
Aug 8th 2007, 11:55 AM
Hoping all is well with Olivia this morning and our friend Theophilus. :hug:
Praying for a successful surgery and a quick recovery. :pray:

miepie
Aug 8th 2007, 12:07 PM
Charles and I are praying too....... :hug: :pray; that God will get her through this and that He will guide the hands of the surgeon and help Olivia to recover quickly....... :pray: May He bless you and your family abundantly this day and the next ones...... :pray:

Love you,

Diggindeeper
Aug 8th 2007, 12:34 PM
My prayers are still here for Little Olivia, and the family! :pray: Let us know when you can how she is doing. :hug:

karenoka27
Aug 8th 2007, 12:37 PM
Praying throughout the day for you and your wife for peace in your heart, and for your precious little one. The Lord is right there with her through it all. He won't leave her side.

Frances
Aug 8th 2007, 05:16 PM
continuing to :pray: for Peace of mind and heart for you and your wife, and Healing for your daughter - also that the Lord holds her in His Arms now, during the operation as He guides the surgeons hands and gives him wisdom, and in all her 'tomorrows'.

Pleroo
Aug 11th 2007, 03:19 PM
Anxiously waiting for news. I know it may be a while before you are able to update us but Olivia and all your family are in my thoughts.

skittles
Aug 11th 2007, 10:38 PM
how is Olivia theo? :pray:

threebigrocks
Aug 11th 2007, 11:03 PM
Still praying Theo, let us know something when you can. :hug::pray:

kayte
Aug 13th 2007, 05:50 PM
Just chiming in.... still here, still praying. :hug:

karenoka27
Aug 14th 2007, 12:44 PM
Theo...how is she doing?

Lisadawn
Aug 14th 2007, 01:48 PM
My computer has been in the shop, but I have been thinking about your daughter. Please let us know when you can. We are all praying for your family and Olivia of course. :hug:

Lisa

Pleroo
Aug 20th 2007, 06:03 PM
Bump.

Theophilus
Aug 20th 2007, 06:25 PM
Greetings, brother and sister boardians...I come with good news and glad tidings.

Olivia's surgery went very well...everything was textbook. In two days, it will be two weeks since the surgery, and that's typically the most "critical" phase...no being around crowds (fear of infection), extra care in handling...But so far, so extremely good.

We were in the hospital with her five days total, and by day four, she was pretty much her cheery self. Other than a very long incision, you would be hard pressed to know that she's had surgery. She is smiling, "talking", clapping her hands, learning how to wave "hi"...basically normal, if anyone so sweet and cute could be called normal. ;)

My thanks...my sincerest, heartfelt thanks...to everyone who has responded to this thread, PM'ed, prayed, added her (and us) to your prayer lists, or have in any way interceded on our behalf with the heavenly Father. We have been bouyed up by your prayers and the Holy Spirit, and what could have been a very trying and stressful time has been greatly eased by your warm thoughts and prayers. I cannot thank you adequately enough on this side of eternity, but know that each of you has a holy hug coming one of these days.

God bless you all...and my love to you, too.:hug:

Theophilus

miepie
Aug 20th 2007, 06:30 PM
Wonderful! I think this deserves a praisepost! ;)

I am really happy for you! :pp Always good to see prayers working! :pp

Love you,

threebigrocks
Aug 20th 2007, 08:55 PM
Wonderful, Theo!! Praying that all continues to go well. Kids amaze me how well bounce back. Praise be to the Lord!

Seeker of truth
Aug 20th 2007, 09:25 PM
Wonderful :pp :pp :pp I am so happy to hear this my stickman brother in Christ :hug:

Please give her a hug from your (much younger) sis :hug:

karenoka27
Aug 20th 2007, 09:32 PM
Awesome Praise! Thanks for letting us know! I am continuing to bring you before the Lord...

Mercy4Me
Aug 21st 2007, 12:38 AM
Theo, I'm so glad things are going so well! Praise God!

Diggindeeper
Aug 21st 2007, 04:32 AM
Oh man! Theo, you made my day! Thank God that little Olivia is doing so well. I'm sure you and the little wife were very drained by the time you got to bring her home!

Thank God, it all went so well! :pp

Pleroo
Aug 21st 2007, 02:52 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!

:pp:pp:pp

Theophilus
Sep 4th 2007, 02:37 PM
Check out my profile picture...It's baby Olivia and big sis, taken yesterday with my cell phone. Please note that she is doing well, as evidenced by her expression.:)

karenoka27
Sep 4th 2007, 02:39 PM
They are absolutely beautiful...they look like Mom?:lol:

Theophilus
Sep 4th 2007, 02:44 PM
They are absolutely beautiful...they look like Mom?:lol:
Thanks (for the first comment, not the second, Rhode Island rascal.)

;)

GodsOwnFool
Sep 4th 2007, 03:08 PM
You've got some great looking girls there! They must take after their mom -- they're not stickly looking at all. :D

miepie
Sep 4th 2007, 03:14 PM
She is a cutie! And so is her big sis! Now all we need is a pic of the parents to see whom she resembles the most! :idea:

Love you,

Frances
Sep 4th 2007, 04:47 PM
:) Thank you for the photos, a family to be proud of. . .

karenoka27
Sep 4th 2007, 05:03 PM
seriously, You must all be a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing.

threebigrocks
Sep 4th 2007, 07:42 PM
I didn't think those two could get any cuter when I saw the last photo you shared - but alas, I'm wrong again!! Growing in beauty, and grace I'm certan, every day. Thanks for sharing Theo.

Theophilus
Sep 6th 2007, 03:09 PM
The followup went extremely well...next followup with the cardiologist will be in a year, if that tells you anything. :) We couldn't be happier.:pp

Thanks so much, everyone...every prayer and every warm thought has been a blessing for our family, and our wee one.

:hug:'s to all.

Theophilus

karenoka27
Sep 6th 2007, 03:12 PM
Praise God! What an awesome report to share!

miepie
Sep 6th 2007, 03:31 PM
Wonderful! And :hug:s backatya! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Love you,

Ta-An
Sep 6th 2007, 07:13 PM
HaaaaLeeeeeLuuuuuYAH!!!!

Ta-An
Sep 16th 2007, 05:24 PM
And I missed the photos :rolleyes:

threebigrocks
Sep 20th 2007, 02:03 AM
Oh Theo, that is wonderful news to report!! Praise God!

walked
Sep 20th 2007, 09:02 AM
I'm happy about the good news you share and praise our Lord with you.

I'm sorry I haven't been praying over this thread or even posted here yet. I've been going by the initial post date when deciding which request to read or respond to.
I see I should adjust that.

God bless you.