PDA

View Full Version : Holy Fire in Jerusalem

Teke
Jun 5th 2007, 10:21 PM
A miracle occurs every year at the Church of the Resurrection in Jerusalem. Every year at the time of Orthodox Pascha (old calendar) the Holy Fire or Light illumines candles and oil burning lights of the church.

The Archbishop's comment, "From the core of the very stone on which Jesus lay an indefinable light pours forth. It usually has a blue tint, but the colour may change and take many different hues. It cannot be described in human terms. The light rises out of the stone as mist may rise out of a lake it almost looks as if the stone is covered by a moist cloud, but it is light. This light each year behaves differently. Sometimes it covers just the stone, while other times it gives light to the whole sepulchre, so that people who stand outside the tomb and look into it will see it filled with light.

The light does not burn I have never had my beard burnt in all the sixteen years I have been Patriarch in Jerusalem and have received the Holy Fire. The light is of a different consistency than normal fire that burns in an oil lamp... At a certain point the light rises and forms a column in which the fire is of a different nature, so that I am able to light my candles from it. When I thus have received the flame on my candles, I go out and give the fire first to the Armenian Patriarch and then to the Coptic. Hereafter I give the flame to all people present in the Church."

Heterodox have tried and failed, to bring the Holy Fire. Two attempts were by Roman priests. It seems only the prayers of Orthodox ignite it.

Believe it or not, this has been happening since the first century. Most westerners know nothing of it.

I would love to witness this one day.:pray:

Stefen
Jun 8th 2007, 02:38 AM
A miracle occurs every year at the Church of the Resurrection in Jerusalem. Every year at the time of Orthodox Pascha (old calendar) the Holy Fire or Light illumines candles and oil burning lights of the church.

The Archbishop's comment, "From the core of the very stone on which Jesus lay an indefinable light pours forth. It usually has a blue tint, but the colour may change and take many different hues. It cannot be described in human terms. The light rises out of the stone as mist may rise out of a lake it almost looks as if the stone is covered by a moist cloud, but it is light. This light each year behaves differently. Sometimes it covers just the stone, while other times it gives light to the whole sepulchre, so that people who stand outside the tomb and look into it will see it filled with light.

The light does not burn I have never had my beard burnt in all the sixteen years I have been Patriarch in Jerusalem and have received the Holy Fire. The light is of a different consistency than normal fire that burns in an oil lamp... At a certain point the light rises and forms a column in which the fire is of a different nature, so that I am able to light my candles from it. When I thus have received the flame on my candles, I go out and give the fire first to the Armenian Patriarch and then to the Coptic. Hereafter I give the flame to all people present in the Church."

Heterodox have tried and failed, to bring the Holy Fire. Two attempts were by Roman priests. It seems only the prayers of Orthodox ignite it.

Believe it or not, this has been happening since the first century. Most westerners know nothing of it.

I would love to witness this one day.:pray:

You are right most westerners have not heard of this before including me. It sounds interesting. Be careful you might scare some onw with talks of supernatural ooooooooh so scarey. LOL

Centurionoflight
Jun 8th 2007, 07:01 AM
Yet

With millions of cameras thru out the holy land;

Not one can seem to catch a photo of it that doesnt look like it went thru photo shop or a exposure light paint.

Strange.

Teke
Jun 8th 2007, 01:29 PM
Actually, Centurion, there are plenty of eye witnesses that do have pictures. Why they aren't used is another question. Do those who wish to prove or disprove such not accept such pictures, I don't know really.

But those who have witnessed it, also have trouble explaining it. It's what one would call, "a miracle".

Even cradle Muslims have converted from the experience. :spin:
I'd say God knows what He is doing, whether we do or not.

Centurionoflight
Jun 9th 2007, 12:43 AM
We are to live by Faith; not some sign.

Christ himself stated.

Matthew 16:4

A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

We arent to go looking at this sign or that one.

Hebrews 10:38

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Faith needs no signs.
Therefore since we are told to live by faith;
I see that these wonders people tout are not of God.

HisLeast
Jun 12th 2007, 02:33 PM
Faith needs no signs.
Therefore since we are told to live by faith;
I see that these wonders people tout are not of God.

Is every wonder and miracle therefore counterfiet?

Centurionoflight
Jun 12th 2007, 03:33 PM
HisLeast

Is every wonder and miracle therefore counterfiet?

Again we are to live by faith not by "signs" and "wonders".

If one is pointing to a sign or wonder rather than doctrine; then they are not living by faith.

HisLeast
Jun 12th 2007, 04:33 PM
So are all wonders, signs, and miracles counterfiet?

Centurionoflight
Jun 12th 2007, 06:16 PM
HisLeast

So are all wonders, signs, and miracles counterfiet?

Today in this time

We are to LIVE BY FAITH; why would we need such things?
God is not the author of confusion; therefore these "signs" and "wonders" are not of God.

No matter how slick and smooth talking the the sales person that is doing them is; you examine their dogma and you will find human view point and evil behind them.

Satan is able to perform signs and wonders; so why even look at that stuff?

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

We are to give no credit to any signs; rather the focus is on doctrine and faith.

Teke
Jun 13th 2007, 02:27 PM
Here (http://www.holyfire.org/eng/) is a link to Holy Fire Org. which has video, pictures and witness accounts as well as historical refs.
Many videos may not be in English. There are a lot of different languages on this site.

Centurion it would seem that many Christians from all over the world disagree with you.:)

Centurionoflight
Jun 13th 2007, 04:10 PM
Teke

Centurion it would seem that many Christians from all over the world disagree with you.

They are free to disagree with me.

I wonder what would Jesus do, would he focus and give reverance to "little flames" on earth; or fous on his father in heaven?

1 John 2
28Now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming.
In the end when they focused on signs and wonders instead of doctrine and spiritual growth, it is they who will have shame before Christ.

So I should I really care that they disagree with me?