PDA

View Full Version : When do the feet of Jesus touch mt olives

KnightwithDignity
Aug 5th 2007, 08:19 PM
At the second coming of Jesus we read that the righteous will meet him in the air. 1 thes

according to Jn 14 Jesus has gone to heaven to prepare a place for us.

when he comes back he is goint to take us back to the place that he has prepared for us .

that means that at the second coming in the resurrection of life when the righteous in Christ are raised and when in the righteous living are changed in the twinkling of an eye, together they are all raised up into the air to meet with Jesus and evermore to be with him, but they are going to go to heaven for a period of time.

according to this then, Jesus does not touch the ground at this time.

it follows then that the feet of Jesus touching the ground is at another time. an unspecified time.

According to zech 14 the Lord goes forth to fight against the wicked, just as when he fought in the day of the battle.

This means that Jesus is fighting in two great battles against the wicked. This time, and a previous time. therefore there is a period of time between the two battles. and just what are these two great battles.

look at rev 19 The coming of the lord against the wicked at his coming.
This is the second coming of the Lord and is associated with 1 thes and the resurrection of the righteous

this then is the first great battle and is commonly called armagedon.

rev 20 then declares that there will be a period of 1000 years.

after that period of time Jesus goes forth to battle against the wicked again at the battle of gog and magog.

we know from jn 14 that Jesus went back to heaven with the righteous.
we know that the wicked are here on earth.

therefore after the 1000 years, Jesus goes forth from heaven, returning to the earth to battle against the wicked. this is the second great battle. but before he can battle against them, he must first resurrect them.

when he comes this time, which is a third time that he comes to this earth, his foot touches the earth, creates a great plain where the battle takes place

rev 20 and zech 14 are therefore linked together.

summary
there is a period of time between the two great battles... this time is defined in rev 20 as being 1000 years

there is a period of time between the two great resurrections... this time is defined in rev 20 as being 1000 years

third hero
Aug 6th 2007, 02:06 AM
thanks knightwithdignity. I have been wanting to tacvkle the title of this thread.

As far as your connection of Zech 14 and Revelation 20, I have a complex of thoughts concerning this thread. For starters, on appearances, I would have to somewhat agree with you. Indeed, the connection is there, especially since the Lord is ruling from Jerusalem after He goes after the nations that attacked Jerusalem earlier in that chapter. This is where the complex part comes in.

It seems that you are insinuating that this battle that is described in Zechariah 14 happens after the first great battle, where Christ destroys the armies of the world. It seems to me that you are connecting verses 7-10 of chapter 20 with Zechariah 14:1-5. I do not agree with that. I could be wrong, and if I am, I am sure you are going to point that out.

I connect the first part of Zechariah 14 to Revelation 12. When the dragon realizes that he is hurled to the earth, he goes after the woman, who is identified as Israel. This would also connect Revelation 14:1-3 to this passage as well.

According to Zechariah 14, God touches the Mount of Olives and causes it to split in half. In Revelation 14:1-3, Jesus was found in Jerusalem, and the 144,000 were with Him. Where He went, they went. I looked at that, and I had found one disturbing problem. If Christ does not return until after the Great Tribulation, as identified in Matthew 24:29-31, then how is He present in Jerusalem, as Revelation 14 marks Him, especially since the gathering was not even mentioned until later on in chapter 14? This bothered me a great deal, because this insinuates that Christ comes twice, once to split the Mount of Olives, and another time for the Gathering. (Notice that I am eliminating the word Rapture, which never appears in scripture. Gathering, or gathered appears at least twice, and so it should be called a Gathering of believers to CHrist, and not any sort of Rapture).

I accepted this, even though I thought it was a contradiction. Jesus coming before the Great Tribulation, and again afterward, in two differing styles? Then the Lord revealed something to me. What happens when two or more believers gather together in His name? Is not Christ in the midst of them? Well, according to Revelation 14:1-3, we find 144,000 men with the seal of God on their foreheads. They have been "redeemed" from the earth. This means that they are either the first to receive the promise of a new body, or they are Christian Jews, males from each tribe of Israel. I am now leaning on the second. These are Christian men who have been separated from the world in the exact same manner of the 7000 in Elijah's day. These are believing Jews.

They gather in Jerusalem at the designated time, when Israel needs Christ the most. These sing a song that no one except them can sing, and Christ is in the midst of them. Christ is not literally there, but there, because whenever two or more people gather in Jesus's name, behold He is there, in the midst of them. So, Jesus touches the Mount of Olives, but not literally. (I may be completely off, but this makes sense to me). The 144,000 do not have any guile in their mouthes. They gather in Jerusalem, on the Mount of Olives, pleading for the Lord to come and aid the people in the escape of His people, Israel. They ask Him to remember the promise to save Israel in the hour of their greatest need. He answers and splits the Mount of Olives. The Lord is there, because the 144,000 are there, in His name, pleading for their people, Israel.

So, there it is, the Lord touching the Mount of Olives, but as Revelation reveals, Jesus was not there alone. He was there, but through the 144,000 Christian Jewish virgin men who pleads for the Lord to aid in the escape of His people, the Israelites. This, as Revelation 12 and Zechariah 14 reveals, causes the people to have an escape route, and as mentioned in Zechariah 12, the remnant that escapes the Massacre at Jerusalem wil repent of they and their forefathers' sin of rejecting Christ. This answered one of my most challenging questions, while reaffirming my faith in Him.

KnightwithDignity
Aug 6th 2007, 05:30 AM
there are two main interpretations of end time events

one is that there is a rapture/gathering/uplifting of the church before the time of trouble/tribulation followed by the conversion of the nation of Israel during that time of trouble/tribulation followed by the coming of Jesus in the clouds of glory.

according to this view Jesus would have to come back 3 times. first to get the church... second to do the resurrection thing... and third to touch the ground. with out going into things too much... there is a period of time between each of these big events.

the other is that the church go through the time of trouble/tribulation followed by the resurrection/changing in the twinkling of an eye/ followed by the rapture/gathering/raising into the air.

in this view Jesus would have to come back 2 times once to do the resurrection rapture thing... the other to touch the ground and there is a period of time between these events.

there are different thoughts as to what these periods of time might be.

however according to what I see in the Word... I go with the following.

that the rapture goes hand in hand with the resurrection 1 thes/rev 19 and is connected directly with the coming of the lord in glory. I do not agree with there being a 7 year period between the rapture and the resurrection.

at this coming of Jesus is the great battle of armagedon. Jesus is victorious. the wicked are destroyed. and the righteous go back to heaven with Jesus to the place that He has prepared for them.

then there is a period of time before Jesus comes back and touches the earth to fight the wicked again. whom he has resurrected at this next coming. this battle is called gog and magog. these events are shown in rev 20.

As such there is 1000 years between battle of armagedon and battle of gog and magog.

Zech 14 indicates that Jesus has already fought against the wicked but has to again. at this second battle his foot touches mt olives and the hill is split in quarters and moves the result is called a valley but is what we would call a plain.

at the forming of this valley/plain, the current site of jerusalem would be totally destroyed. any city on it would likewise be destroyed.

and we are told that at his coming to fight against the wicked the first time rev 19/2 thes the earth will shake violently. these great earthquakes will destroy the cities of man including current Jerusalem

if this is the case, then there needs to be another jerusalem where the saints will live and for the wicked to come against ... and rev has just the answer you would be looking for.... the new Jerusalem coming down to the earth.

David Taylor
Aug 6th 2007, 11:49 AM
When do the feet of Jesus touch mt olives

Matthew 21:1 "And when they drew nigh unto Jerusalem, and were come to Bethphage, unto the mount of Olives, then sent Jesus"

Matthew 21:17 And he left them, and went out of the city into Bethany; and he lodged there. "

Matthew 24:3 "And as he sat upon the mount of Olives"

Matthew 26:6 Now when Jesus was in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper"

Matthew 26:30 "And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives."

Mark 11:1 "And when they came nigh to Jerusalem, unto Bethphage and Bethany, at the mount of Olives, he sendeth forth two of his disciples"

Mark 11:11 And Jesus entered into Jerusalem, and into the temple: and when he had looked round about upon all things, and now the eventide was come, he went out unto Bethany with the twelve. And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:"

Mark 13:3 "And as he sat upon the mount of Olives"

Mark 14:3 And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head. "

Mark 14:26 "And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives."

Luke 19:29 "And it came to pass, when he was come nigh to Bethphage and Bethany, at the mount called the mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples"

Luke 19:37 "And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen"

Luke 21:37 "And in the day time he was teaching in the temple; and at night he went out, and abode in the mount that is called the mount of Olives."

Luke 22:39 "And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him."

Luke 24:50 And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. "

John 8:1 "Jesus went unto the mount of Olives."

John 11:17 Then when Jesus came, he found that he had lain in the grave four days already. Now Bethany was nigh unto Jerusalem, about fifteen furlongs off: "

John 12:1 Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead."

John 21:17 And he left them, and went out of the city into Bethany; and he lodged there.

Acts 1:9 "And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey."

John146
Aug 6th 2007, 04:05 PM
I don't see that Scripture speaks of a second and third coming of Christ. Not at all. None of the early church fathers believed in such a thing. That's all I'll say on this topic.

Allegra
Aug 6th 2007, 05:24 PM
Jesus returning at Armageddon & touching down at Mt. of Olives is the same one-time event.
Jesus Christ’s feet will rest on the Mount of Olives just outside of Jerusalem. Notice Zechariah 14:1-4 (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29): “Behold, the day of the Lord comes, and your spoil shall be divided in the midst of you. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when He fought in the day of battle. And His feet shall stand in that day upon the Mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the Mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a great valley; and half the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.”
Where then will this battle of the Great Day of the Lord take place? Read in Joel 3:9-14 (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29); “Proclaim you this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up: Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong. Assemble yourselves, and come, all you heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: there cause Your mighty ones to come down, O Lord. Let the heathen be weakened, and come up to the Valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about. Put you in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great. Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision.”

David Taylor
Aug 6th 2007, 06:08 PM
I believe Zechariah 14 was fulfilled at the 1st Advent.

There are many future, yet-to-be fulfilled 2nd Advent scriptures.....I just no longer believe Zechariah 14 is one of them. I believe the N.T. tells us that Jesus fulfilled Zech 14 at His first advent, through His fulfilling of the Feast of the Tabernacles/Indwelling.

third hero
Aug 8th 2007, 12:10 AM
I believe Zechariah 14 was fulfilled at the 1st Advent.

There are many future, yet-to-be fulfilled 2nd Advent scriptures.....I just no longer believe Zechariah 14 is one of them. I believe the N.T. tells us that Jesus fulfilled Zech 14 at His first advent, through His fulfilling of the Feast of the Tabernacles/Indwelling.

I have several problems with this asessment, which I know you knew was coming.

1. According to Zechariah 14:5, after the Mount of Olives is split in half and the people retreat through it, The Lord comes.

If Zechariah 14 is completely fulfilled, then Christ would have returned, and I know you are not insinuating that, but the context of that passage necessitates the need to point this fallacy out.

2. According to Zechariah 14:16, the remnant of the nations that attacked Jerusalem will come to that city to worship the King of Kings every year, at the feast of Tabernacles.

If this has been fulfilled, then we would not be in churches worshipping God, we would be in Jerusalem, where the King of Kings dwell. Not only us, but the rest of the remnant of the world that attacked Jerusalem. This has never happened, ever. The World has never went to Jerusalem to worship Christ, not once! Plus, the fact that the word "remnant" is present in this passage, this implies that there is a greaat slaughter among the nations that attacked Jerusalem. This is evident in the previous two verses in that very same chapter.

3. The Lord, according to Zechariah 14:17, is in Jerusalem.

If Zechariah 14 is fulfilled, then Jesus, the Lord of Hosts, would be in Jerusalem. But it is evident that He is not.

Therefore, with these in mind, I would have to disagree with your theory on Zechariah 14.

David Taylor
Aug 8th 2007, 12:08 PM
I have several problems with this asessment, which I know you knew was coming.

1. According to Zechariah 14:5, after the Mount of Olives is split in half and the people retreat through it, The Lord comes.

Luke 3:5 shows the leveling of the mountains, and the many people treading the path to Jesus in result of His coming. Same language and effect as Zech 14:5.

Luke 3:5 "Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; And all flesh shall see the salvation of God."

2. According to Zechariah 14:16, the remnant of the nations that attacked Jerusalem will come to that city to worship the King of Kings every year, at the feast of Tabernacles.

The remant in the nations came to Jerusalem at Pentecost just after Jesus' stepped off from the Mt of Olives.

Acts 2:9 "Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians"

From that point forward, they no longer worshipped in earthly Jerusalem, but in spiritual Jerusalem, just as Jesus foretold in fulfilling the Feat of the Tabernacles/Indwelling.

John 4:20 "Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him".

3. The Lord, according to Zechariah 14:17, is in Jerusalem.

The Lord 'was' in earthly Jerusalem when His foot stepped on the Mt of Olives fulfilling Zechariah 14.
The Lord 'remains' in spiritual Jerusalem, the heavenly Zion, ever since.

Hebrews 12:22 "ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven"

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. "

John146
Aug 8th 2007, 07:15 PM
Excellent post, David. :thumbsup:

third hero
Aug 9th 2007, 02:42 PM
Luke 3:5 shows the leveling of the mountains, and the many people treading the path to Jesus in result of His coming. Same language and effect as Zech 14:5.

Luke 3:5 "Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; And all flesh shall see the salvation of God."

Actually, this is only to fulfill what the prophet "Elijah" would do before the coming of the Messiah. This did not fulfill Zechariah 14:5, but rather it fulfills this:

The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken [it]. -Isaiah 40:3-5

Jesus Himself identified John the Baptist as the one fulfilling this exact prophecy, and not the one in Zechariah 14:5. I say that if the Lord would know which scripture John the baptist would fulfill. If He thought that John the Baptist fulfilled Zechariah 14:5, then He would have said so.

The remant in the nations came to Jerusalem at Pentecost just after Jesus' stepped off from the Mt of Olives.

[I]Acts 2:9 "Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians"

My only problem with this thought is that the word "remnant" would imply the word survivors, and not a portion. The Wikionary definition of the word "remnant" is this:

The small portion (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/portion) remaining of a larger thing or group.

As you can see, the key word in that paragraph is remaining, which means that these are ones who survived something that destroyed a larger group.

Moreover, they did not bring any tribute to Jerusalem, and the Lord was not reigning from Jerusalem, as Zechariah states. Befoe the book of Hebrews was written, there was no such thing in the Word of God as "Heavenly Jerusalem", and in my opinion, that word is used out of context way too often. That word, Heavenly Jerusalem, should remain in it's original context in it's original text, and not transmuted to other tewxts that do not reference that term.

From that point forward, they no longer worshipped in earthly Jerusalem, but in spiritual Jerusalem, just as Jesus foretold in fulfilling the Feat of the Tabernacles/Indwelling.

See last paragraph before this quote for my response to this thought.

John 4:20 "Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him".

This is not cool. Jesus clearly meant that those who worship God will not have to go to Jerusalem or any other place, because they will worship Him in Spirit and in Truth, and "heavenly Jerusalem" was explicitly not mentioned. This is a classic example of taking a portion of scripture out of context.

The Lord 'was' in earthly Jerusalem when His foot stepped on the Mt of Olives fulfilling Zechariah 14.
The Lord 'remains' in spiritual Jerusalem, the heavenly Zion, ever since.

So the Mount of Olives was split in half, creating an escape route exactly as Zechariah 14:5 states? No. Therefore, either this scripture has to be fulfilled in a future event, or else it is a false prophecy and the whole book of Zechariah should be thrown out, courtesy of the commandment in Deuteronomy 18:18-22.

Hebrews 12:22 "ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven"

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. "

Now these scriptures talk of the end, when all is said and done. This happens after the Great White Throne of Judgment, after the Millennium, after the Return of the Lord.

One thing that you must understand is this.

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require of him. But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. And if thou say in thine heart, [I]How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that [is] the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, [but] the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him. -Deuteronomy 18:18-22

You see, the words of the prophets have to be 100% accurate, or else they are to be ignored. Therefore, Zechariah, Isaiah, and every other prophet in the OT have to follow this precedent. Therefore, this has to be 100% accurate, or else it is to be ignored.

David Taylor
Aug 9th 2007, 03:03 PM
And that is simply where we differ.

I believe Zechariah was 100% accurate in the prophecies he intended to point forward to Jesus fulfilling at His 1st Advent, and throughout the present NT era.

His language may have been very picturesque and colorful, and attempting to apply it exactly as it is given definately wouldn't work...but neither would applying Jesus is a loaf of bread either.

From my study of Zechariah 14 and from what the NT shows Jesus accomplished, I find complete fulfillment.

The moutains weren't literally made low when Jesus quoted Isaiah as applied to John the Baptist coming like Elijah....but the intent of that was understood by the believers of that day. Jesus arrival would make all the paths for those who would follow him straight. (without using bulldozers and heavy equipment to change the landscape). I don't think that was the intent of the Luke 3 verse quoting from Isaiah, nor the Zech 14 verse.

That would be no different than saying it is going to rain like cats and dogs, and only accepting that verse as true, if it literally rained poodles and persians.

Jesus did lay the mountains low and make the crooked places straight, and because of what He accomplished, all flesh did see the salvation of God. Immanuel, God with Us did come!

third hero
Aug 9th 2007, 03:18 PM
I agree that we simply aren't going to see eye to eye when it comes to Zechariah 14, because I see it being referenced to in Matt 24:15-21 as signs of what is to come before He returns. This is why the details are so important to me. Such things as:

-"and you will run through that mountain-valley"
-"I will gather the nations against Jerusalem in battle"
-"and all that remain from the nations that fought against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of Hosts, and keep the feast of tabernacles"...

Are so important to me. These things did not happen at the Lord's first advent, and in fact, Jesus makes reference to this event at the last supper in Matthew 26:29 (ok, that may not be true, because He makes reference to His Father's Kingdom, which could either be when He takes control of the entire earth, or in New Jerusalem, after the consummation of all things). (This is what I am talking about when it comes to my thoughts in contrast to what I was taught, again, all part of the training).

KnightwithDignity
Aug 10th 2007, 12:28 AM
Zech 14 is talking about the coming day of the Lord

most see this as refering to end time events

Zech 14:3 is refering to 2 battles. The one that He is going forth to fight. And a previous one.

In Rev we have 2 battles that Jesus is going to fight. Battle of Armegeddon against the wicked at his coming. Rev 19 describes this. as does 2 thes

Then in Rev 20 after the 1000 years there is another battle. This is called the battle of Gog and Magog. again this battle is against the wicked.

IBWatching
Aug 10th 2007, 10:13 PM
Well, OK. You guys have covered all main aspects of Jesus' feet touching down on the Mount of Olives. How about we discuss WHICH foot touches first? ;)

Naphal
Aug 10th 2007, 10:31 PM

Woah there. That prophecy remains unfulfilled. Simple walking upon the mountain is not what the prophecy is dealing with.

Lets take all the verses rather than one and take it out of context:

Zechariah 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

The day of the Lord is the second coming.

Zechariah 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

All nations will be gathered against the city.

Zechariah 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

The Lord will return and fight those nations.

Zechariah 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

And then he shall stand on the Mt and it shall cleave in half so that there is a valley. Half of the mountain to the north and half to the south. This certainly has not yet occurred.

Zechariah 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
Zechariah 14:6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
Zechariah 14:7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

There has not been a time in that area where it was light in the evening time, especially after a daytime period of darkness. This is not speaking about a lot of smoke from fires as that cannot fulfill evenings being light.

Zechariah 14:8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
Zechariah 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

This is when Christ returns and is King over the world. Right now he is a King prepared to return.

Zechariah 14:10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.
Zechariah 14:11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

This isn't true of the city yet.

Zechariah 14:12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

This has not occurred yet.

Zechariah 14:13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.
Zechariah 14:14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.
Zechariah 14:15 And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.

Such a plague has not occurred.

Zechariah 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

This hasn't occurred because none of the above has.

Zechariah 14:17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
Zechariah 14:18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zechariah 14:19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zechariah 14:20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD'S house shall be like the bowls before the altar.
Zechariah 14:21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.

Again, none of this has taken place.