PDA

View Full Version : Do you love Avocardoos?

PeterJ
Aug 20th 2007, 05:09 PM
Do you eat Avocardoos and have them in salads?
I dont like them whats so special about them?

Peter

Pleroo
Aug 20th 2007, 05:59 PM
Do you mean "avocado"?

http://codepunk.hardwar.org.uk/avacado.jpg

Just tried them for the first time about a couple years ago and now I can't get enough of them. :)

I eat them in salads, but I especially love them on grilled burgers or on sandwiches. Sometimes I like to scoop them right out of the skin with a spoon and eat them plain, just like my toddler does.

Good stuff.

miepie
Aug 20th 2007, 06:02 PM
Chal said it's the sister of Ricky Cardoos...... :lol:

Love you,
Mieke :kiss:

sunney4
Aug 20th 2007, 08:29 PM
ummm yucky!!! so i voted no

Drums4Him
Aug 21st 2007, 02:20 AM
I love em. In my salads, or just cut one in half and spoon it out with a little salt------YUMMY. I mash up a little and use it as a spread on a wrap with onions and turkey breast. Fantastic! Good for you too, click on the link:

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=5

beckisted2004
Aug 21st 2007, 02:30 AM
:lol: Ask Doc if I love avocados... :lol: I can't get enough of them! On salads, burgers, sandwiches, and in guacamole...MMM!! I even wrote a song about this wonderful food....it's not so eloquent, but it makes people laugh. Such a tasty treat. So, yes. I love avocados.

Jeanne D
Aug 21st 2007, 03:28 AM
I don't care for them.

Jeanne

stillforgiven
Aug 21st 2007, 03:36 AM
I love em. In my salads, or just cut one in half and spoon it out with a little salt------YUMMY.

I agree. I don't even need them in guacamole. Just a little salt makes them yummy.

Tanya~
Aug 21st 2007, 03:36 AM
Yes I like them, but only the Haas variety. :P

My favorite Avocado recipe for all you avocado aficionados!

1 large Cucumber, peeled and sliced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced julienne
1/2 c onion slices (sweet onions are great or use white, yellow or red onions) Cut the onion into rings then cut the rings in half to make crescents

McCormick Greek Seasoning (to taste about 1 Tsp)
Salt (to taste about 1/2 tsp)
Apple cider or seasoned rice vinegar (to taste, about 3 Tbsp)
Olive oil (about 2 Tbsp or more to taste)
(I never measure these seasonings, just sprinkle and drizzle them on it's not all that critical)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add:

1 Avocado, cubed
Juice of 1/2 lemon (or use a squirt of bottled lemon juice)

Mix well and serve! Great in soft Flatbread wraps for a yummy veggie sandwich or as a salad!

A neat and easy way to cube your avocado: Cut avocado in half lengthwise all the way around. Separate the two halves, and remove pit. Take one half in your hand, cupping it in your hand with the cut side up, and gently slice into the avocado lengthwise through the flesh all the way down to but not through the skin. Cut again going crosswise to make the cubes. Then scoop the cubes out of the skin with a spoon.

beckisted2004
Aug 21st 2007, 03:51 AM
Tanya, that recipe just made my mouth water... I can't wait to try it!

Victor
Aug 21st 2007, 05:07 AM
Luckely it's avo season here, i take some cottage cheese spread some mashed avo over add a little sweet and sour chilli source and there is a very quick snack

PeterJ
Aug 21st 2007, 03:54 PM
I dont get it, they dont have much of a fav to them.

BlessedAngel
Aug 21st 2007, 05:11 PM
I am in love of Guac (spelling?)

Frances
Aug 21st 2007, 05:27 PM
Mmmm just cut in half with salt sprinkled on the halves . . . or make a chocloate mouse with them.

For each avocado add two tablespoons of water, a tablespoon of cocoa, vanilla essence, 3 teaspoons of runny honey OR maple surup - blend until smooth. . . serve with strawberries etc.

Tanya~
Aug 21st 2007, 06:00 PM
I dont get it, they dont have much of a fav to them.

There are a couple of different varieties of avocado. I like the Haas variety, which is smooth and creamy. The other type is a bit more 'watery' and more bland tasting, but it is true that the avocado has a delicate flavor.

Dawn74
Aug 22nd 2007, 07:35 AM
The Haas are my favorite as well. I love homemade w.w. bread w/ Legere's nutritional yeast spread (almost a mustard flavor), sliced avocado, red onion, tomato, and sprouts. Soooo good.

Tomato-herb tortillas slathered w/ roasted red pepper hummus and stuffed full of the same veggie mix are also out of this world.

andrewanderson
Aug 22nd 2007, 08:19 AM
I am still laughing at the avocardoos? http://www.legacygt.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif Which I do like.