PDA

View Full Version : Have you cried watching a movie? "Men, crying?! What?"

A820djd
Aug 27th 2007, 04:47 PM
Be honest, have you ever cried watching a movie? I have... 'Radio' you have to be made out of stone not to cry watching this movie... So, have you cried?

BrianW
Aug 27th 2007, 08:28 PM
What!?!?

Um, actually, Saving Private Ryan got me at the end. I wasn't gushing mind you but I had to fight to keep from one sliding down my cheek.

Gypsy
Aug 27th 2007, 08:36 PM
It does not make you a sissy if you cry during Rudy!!!

The part just before the end with the "Here coach, I want Rudy to have my Jersey" gets me every time!

Theophilus
Aug 27th 2007, 08:37 PM
Sure...all the time.

:cry: <---Me, at a sad movie.
:rolleyes: <---My wife, at the same sad movie, while looking at me.
:eek: <---My buddies, after looking at me :cry: at a sad movie.
:cool: <---My buddies, walking far away from me after the sad movie.

Warrior4God
Aug 28th 2007, 12:28 AM
"Passion Of The Christ." I honestly could barely keep it together while watching it. I could feel tears welling up, throat tightening up, the whole works. I did not actually allow any tears to roll down the face, but it took everything in me to stop it from happening. Just thinking of images from the movie right now is starting the process a little. The movie was so powerful that it's not one I could continually watch over and over. When I was a kid, in 1982, it was "E.T." It crushed me when the friendly little alien died. :blush: I'm not proud to admit this because it was a "chick flick," but the movie "Titanic" got to me some a few years back. :blush: Not because of the romance between Jack and Rose coming to an end when Jack drowned, but because of all the sad scenes of people realizing they were going to die as the ship was slowly sinking, like the immigrant mother tucking her children in bed and trying to reassure them somehow that things were going to be ok while they were locked below deck and had no chance of escape. Also, a scene where a ship employee that had to break up a fight amongst panicked people trying to get into a life boat by shooting his gun into the air became very heart wrenching when he realized how grim the situation was and decided to shoot himself in the head despite the pleas from his fellow shipmates.

Slug1
Aug 28th 2007, 12:31 AM
Yes, I cry during some movies. I cried when Spock died :P (No, I'm serious) :lol:

Warrior4God
Aug 28th 2007, 12:41 AM
Yes, I cry during some movies. I cried when Spock died :P (No, I'm serious) :lol:

I hear you, Slug. "STAR TREK II: The Wrath Of Khan." Good movie. The part where Kirk said that Spock, despite being part Vulcan and constantly suppressing his human side, was the most human of everybody that he knew and fell apart as he said it...movie masterpiece! :D

catfriedrice
Aug 28th 2007, 01:24 AM
Well, God blessed... or cursed maybe... blessed me with a very soft heart. I cry at a lot of sad movies. It's very hard to control.

Jollyrogers
Aug 28th 2007, 10:45 AM

Yea, Amazing grace on the bag pipes does it every time:cry:

Brotherken
Aug 28th 2007, 11:27 AM
I even Cry when I watch little house on the prairie

TSP
Aug 28th 2007, 12:17 PM
Normally I do not cry during movies, but once in a while one will get me. I remember watching tons of movies that made my wife cry and she would look at me like I was weirdest thing ever for not crying during the movie. Than one time I have no clue why but we were watching Field of Dreams and I started crying at the end when Ray wanted to have a catch with his dad. Now mind you I have seen this movie a million times but for some reason it got me an emotional state, than my wife who was my girlfriend at the time looked at me and started laughing while doing the awww honey thats cute. Now during times when I watch movies with some of my friends I'll hear "Remember when you cried in Field of Dreams?" :blush:

lbeaty1981
Aug 28th 2007, 03:39 PM
Most things in movies don't affect me, but a dog dying will get me every time. I'm so soft-hearted when it comes to animals, it's not even funny. I can watch people die in a war movie all day without shedding a single tear. The minute someone's dog dies, though, I just lose it.

A820djd
Aug 28th 2007, 03:42 PM
Most things in movies don't affect me, but a dog dying will get me every time. I'm so soft-hearted when it comes to animals, it's not even funny. I can watch people die in a war movie all day without shedding a single tear. The minute someone's dog dies, though, I just lose it.

Same here, weird eh?

Toolman
Aug 28th 2007, 04:06 PM
Dozens of times.

50 first dates
For Love of the Game
League of Their Own
Saving Private Ryan (scene where Giovanni Ribisi cries for his Mom as dying)
BraveHeart
Mask
Elephant Man

Just a few I can think of off the top of the head.

catfriedrice
Aug 28th 2007, 06:20 PM
I think I almost cried watching ER today :(

No! Not Lucy!!!

Fundicon
Aug 28th 2007, 08:32 PM
Shall I give you the list?

The Last Samurai
Phantom of the Opera
Gladiator
Armageddon
Old Yeller
Blackhawk Down
Titanic
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Passion of the Christ
Moulin Rouge

I'm sure there's more...

Steve M
Aug 29th 2007, 12:54 PM
Dozens of times.

50 first dates
For Love of the Game
League of Their Own
BraveHeart
Mask
Elephant Man

Okay, dude: 50 First Dates? It kind of stands out on the list there. I SAW 50FDs. It was good. And my mom cried at the ending. But it's nowhere near as powerful as the others on your list.

Just so you know.

Actually, the scene that almost got me was when he was driving away on the boat and her dad gave him tapes to listen to and he put them in. And you know what they were... and Sandler starts yelling. That was the most moving part.

Anyhow...

The book Stone Fox was remade into a movie in 1987. There's a tearjerker. I don't want to give anything away... but I will anyway. THE DOG DIES IN THE END TO SAVE THE FARM. Stone Fox, the Indian, lets the boy win, and the boy has to carry his dog over the finish line.

Maybe it was the age I was when I first read the story. Maybe it's the combination of all those great sacrifices that carry this story. But I can tear up just THINKING about that one.

catfriedrice
Aug 29th 2007, 01:40 PM
I probably wouldn't have admitted to crying at 300, much less watching it.

Toolman
Aug 29th 2007, 02:51 PM
Okay, dude: 50 First Dates? It kind of stands out on the list there. I SAW 50FDs. It was good. And my mom cried at the ending. But it's nowhere near as powerful as the others on your list.

Just so you know.

:)

Its the ending that gets me. She wakes up and she has a daughter. The sacrificial love of both Henry and her dad, to me was overwhelming and it got me :)

Another goofy one that made me get all misty was Shallow Hal.

Remember Hal sees the beauty on the inside of people displayed as outward beauty. When the little girl at the burn unit of the hospital, who he previously saw as a cute little girl, comes out and she is disfigured in her face by burns... yep... I completely lost it. Get misty just thinking about it.

BrianW
Aug 29th 2007, 04:12 PM
Shallow Hal was a fantastic movie! I didn't cry when I watched it but I just wanted to second that one.

What Dreams May Come got to me at the time. I actually forgot about it until I was reading through the thread. Me and the 'Ol lady got all misty eyed when we watched it. In fact she bawled like a baby and made me hold her through a lot of it. Great movie!:hug:

Adam4God
Aug 31st 2007, 12:05 AM
Never full out cried, the closest I came was at the end of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.
Best movies I have ever seen and I dont think anyone will ever top them. But just realizing "oh my god, it's the end, there will never be another one (another good one)" nearly cried. and the music didnt help.

ElBob
Aug 31st 2007, 01:21 PM
Be honest, have you ever cried watching a movie? I have... 'Radio' you have to be made out of stone not to cry watching this movie... So, have you cried?

Yeah, first time when Old Yeller died

Sands of Iwo Jima, when the Duke died

The Notebook when the the old couple died

Pasion of the Christ when Jesus died (and several other places)

Sergeant York, when Alvin got saved

The biggest snot-slinger for me was Facing the Giants, a Christian movie made by a church in GA. Someone gave us a copy when home on furlough. Was awesome.

inhisgrip20
Sep 3rd 2007, 04:58 PM
I actually started to tear up last night watched Titanic, but I have also teared up during some great sports movies.

Brotherken
Sep 3rd 2007, 05:24 PM
It makes Me Wonder how I can be so compassionate to fictional folks on a screen and Such a Jerk other times in real life!:confused

Chris38
Sep 9th 2007, 08:08 AM
Shall I give you the list?

The Last Samurai
Phantom of the Opera
Gladiator
Armageddon
Old Yeller
Blackhawk Down
Titanic
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Passion of the Christ
Moulin Rouge

I'm sure there's more...

I am so with ya on gladiator. Gets me everytime. But am I the only one who cried for Forest Gump. LoL. That guy had my adams apple about to burst while fighting back the tears in front of my friends.

JIML
Sep 12th 2007, 01:42 AM
Oh my God, that part about the adams apple got me teared up from laughing, haha.

The only movie that did give me a tear was Passion of the Christ.
Also when i was a kid and watched Lion King for the first time, i almost cried when Mufasa died.

anglican-cat
Sep 12th 2007, 04:28 AM
Old Yeller hits me in the guts! I'm a straight married man.....and darn, my eyes get misty when I think about that brave, noble dog getting shot!:(

SIG
Sep 12th 2007, 04:37 AM
When Spencer Tracy goes under in "Captains Courageous"--and about six times after that....

Chris In O.C.
Sep 12th 2007, 04:26 PM
Field Of Dreams - I'm not even a baseball fan and I love this film

Searching For Bobby Fisher - Ben Kingsley is incredible

Dead Poets Society - Robin Williams at his peak

The Green Mile - The ending scene says it all

Cast Away - How could you not shed a tear when Wilson floats away

Shawshank Redemption - Morgan Freeman is amazing here

Brian's Song - Not even the Green Bay Packer fans can say they weren't
moved to tears by this

I'll think of some more later, Great thread

Fundicon
Sep 12th 2007, 05:21 PM
Add Serenity to the list. After watching the Firefly episodes and seeing all the backstory, then watching Serenity again, I was tearing up when Wash died.

Also add:

Dead Poets Society

Cast Away

Shawshank Redemption

The Green Mile

What Dreams May Come

ElBob
Sep 12th 2007, 08:48 PM
Cast Away - How could you not shed a tear when Wilson floats away

I had forgotten that one :sad:

Imagine the implications if Wilson had been a Spalding! :hmm:

matthew94
Sep 12th 2007, 09:34 PM
There is only 1 movie that can make me cry

Mr. Hollands Opus

lbeaty1981
Sep 13th 2007, 03:26 PM
Another movie just crossed my mind yesterday: "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (the cartoon, not the live-action). Yes, I am 100% serious. That scene toward the end when the Grinch has all of the Whos' presents, decorations and food, yet they all go out and join hands and welcome Christmas as if nothing were different. Never fails to bring a couple of tears of joy to my eye. :D

Toolman
Sep 13th 2007, 03:29 PM
Another movie just crossed my mind yesterday: "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (the cartoon, not the live-action). Yes, I am 100% serious. That scene toward the end when the Grinch has all of the Whos' presents, decorations and food, yet they all go out and join hands and welcome Christmas as if nothing were different. Never fails to bring a couple of tears of joy to my eye. :D

Dude... I am right there with ya. The Grinch is my favorite animated Christmas show.

We have several we watch each year around that time and never miss the Grinch!

Steve M
Sep 13th 2007, 05:26 PM
Dude... I am right there with ya. The Grinch is my favorite animated Christmas show.

We have several we watch each year around that time and never miss the Grinch!
We start with the Peanuts Christmas show. Then the Grinch. Then George C Scott's Christmas Carol. None of them quite get me to the 'crying' point.

Toolman
Sep 13th 2007, 06:03 PM
We start with the Peanuts Christmas show. Then the Grinch. Then George C Scott's Christmas Carol. None of them quite get me to the 'crying' point.

Our smorgasbord usually contains the following over the month of December:

Animated
The Muppet Christmas Carol
How the Grinch stole Christmas (orig)
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Santa Clause is coming to Town
Frosty the Snowman
Little Drummer Boy
Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer

Live Action
Its a Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th Street (orig)
Family Man
A Christmas Story

The Toolman could be prone to getting misty at anytime within any of these :)

Steve M
Sep 13th 2007, 06:08 PM
How the Grinch stole Christmas (orig)
Miracle on 34th Street (orig)

They must be the originals. MUST. While Jim Carrey is always good for a laugh, even that doesn't redeem the movie...

Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer
That one can get me teary-eyed.

Its a Wonderful Life
And that one.

Toolman
Sep 13th 2007, 06:37 PM
They must be the originals. MUST. While Jim Carrey is always good for a laugh, even that doesn't redeem the movie...

That one can get me teary-eyed.

And that one.

Muppet Christmas Carol gets me everytime!

Michael Caine is a genius of an actor and the story of redemption that Dickens wrote is timeless (of course :)).

VerticalReality
Sep 13th 2007, 07:48 PM
The scene in Titanic with the musicians gets to me a little bit. They decide to stop playing and walk away. Then they all stop when one man decides to stay and keep playing his violin until the ship goes down. They then all decide to carry on playing with him. Pretty powerful scene.

Forrest Gump is also pretty difficult to keep back the tears sometimes when he's talking at Jenny's gravesite. Also when he loses his best good friend Bubba.

lbeaty1981
Sep 13th 2007, 09:30 PM

Have you ever checked out the credits for "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"?

Directed by: Chuck Jones & Dr. Seuss
Narrated by: Boris Karloff (also does the Grinch's voice)

How can you beat a dream team like that?

Toolman
Sep 13th 2007, 09:56 PM
Have you ever checked out the credits for "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"?

Directed by: Chuck Jones & Dr. Seuss
Narrated by: Boris Karloff (also does the Grinch's voice)

How can you beat a dream team like that?

I love some of Chuck Jones' stuff but what I absolutely detest is his "Tom and Jerry" stuff. I can't stand 'em.. way to feminine compared to their earlier versions... and not nearly as funny.

But I love his Grinch work :D

lbeaty1981
Sep 14th 2007, 01:51 AM
I love some of Chuck Jones' stuff but what I absolutely detest is his "Tom and Jerry" stuff. I can't stand 'em.. way to feminine compared to their earlier versions... and not nearly as funny.

But I love his Grinch work :D

I agree, Chuck Jones was completely out of his element with Tom and Jerry. I think the main problem is he just tried to add too much depth to them. Tom and Jerry are supposed to be about simple, mindless violence. There's just no room for depth. :D

Now, the all-important Chuck Jones question, though. Greatest cartoon ever: "What's Opera, Doc?" or "The Rabbit of Seville"? My dad and I have been debating over this for years.

Fundicon
Sep 14th 2007, 07:05 AM
Add Wicker Park to the list...

Toolman
Sep 14th 2007, 12:49 PM
I agree, Chuck Jones was completely out of his element with Tom and Jerry. I think the main problem is he just tried to add too much depth to them. Tom and Jerry are supposed to be about simple, mindless violence. There's just no room for depth. :D

Now, the all-important Chuck Jones question, though. Greatest cartoon ever: "What's Opera, Doc?" or "The Rabbit of Seville"? My dad and I have been debating over this for years.

Well, greatest cartoon of all time, IMO, has to go to either Tex Avery's Cat's Meow (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yeav_tex-avery-cats-meow1957_creation).. the "meow" scene at the end is absolutely classic or to his equally classic Droopy - The Three Little Pups (http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/tex+avery+wolf/video/x2b70s_tex-avery-droopy-the-three-little-p_fun)... the slow talking southern wolf is my all time favorite cartoon character!

But of the 2 Jones flicks you mention I would go with "What's Opera, Doc?".. "kill da wabbit" will live forever in cartoon royalty!

lbeaty1981
Sep 14th 2007, 02:34 PM
I'm not a big Tex Avery fan, but I'll agree that "The Cat's Meow" is one of his greatest works (possibly even his greatest). While I prefer "The Rabbit of Seville" to "What's Opera, Doc?" I do admit they're both excellent pieces. Back in high school, I remember our teacher decided to play some Vagner for us while we were having some reading time. After a couple of minutes, though, we had to ask her to turn it off. All that any of us could think of while it was playing was "Kill the Wabbit!" :lol:

Toolman
Sep 14th 2007, 02:36 PM
I'm not a big Tex Avery fan:

:eek:

Blasphemer!

Where are my stones? :P

VerticalReality
Sep 14th 2007, 03:35 PM
:eek:

Blasphemer!

Where are my stones? :P

I was about to say the same thing to you for not liking Tom and Jerry! If that isn't heresy, I don't know what is!:o

Toolman
Sep 14th 2007, 03:50 PM
I was about to say the same thing to you for not liking Tom and Jerry! If that isn't heresy, I don't know what is!:o

Hey, Hey... don't get me wrong.. I absolutely LOVE Tom & Jerry and feel it is the standard by which all else is measured, especially on a long running scale.

The ONLY Tom and Jerry I don't like is Chuck Jones era. He made them too wimpy and feminine. Totally out of character IMO.

But I love the other eras of Tom and Jerry, especially the 40's and 50's MGM version by Hanna Barbera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_and_Jerry_(MGM)#Hanna-Barbera_era_.281940_.E2.80.93_1958.29). That is the measuring stick.

Chuck Jones era (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_and_Jerry_(MGM)#Chuck_Jones_era_.281963_.E2.80 .93_1967.29) blasphemed this era IMO.

lbeaty1981
Sep 14th 2007, 04:52 PM
Don't get me wrong, Tex Avery had his moments (I especially like the way he handled Daffy Duck). He pales in comparison to the great Chuck Jones, though.

VerticalReality
Sep 14th 2007, 05:03 PM
Hey, Hey... don't get me wrong.. I absolutely LOVE Tom & Jerry and feel it is the standard by which all else is measured, especially on a long running scale.

The ONLY Tom and Jerry I don't like is Chuck Jones era. He made them too wimpy and feminine. Totally out of character IMO.

But I love the other eras of Tom and Jerry, especially the 40's and 50's MGM version by Hanna Barbera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_and_Jerry_(MGM)#Hanna-Barbera_era_.281940_.E2.80.93_1958.29). That is the measuring stick.

Chuck Jones era (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_and_Jerry_(MGM)#Chuck_Jones_era_.281963_.E2.80 .93_1967.29) blasphemed this era IMO.

Ah . . . I see. I agree with you. The "Cat Concerto" episode that's in the link you gave is hilarious!

Toolman
Sep 14th 2007, 06:14 PM
Don't get me wrong, Tex Avery had his moments (I especially like the way he handled Daffy Duck). He pales in comparison to the great Chuck Jones, though.

Well, we'll have to disagree there. I found Tex's cartoons much more funny, entertaining and down to earth.

Chuck's were always a bit to on the homoerotic side for me :)

http://mooreslore.corante.com/archives/images/bugs%20bunny%20elmer%20fudd.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Whats_Opera_Doc_still.png
http://boingboing.net/images/bugs_bunny399290.jpg

But I prefer the cartoons of the 40's and 50's over anything done in later years.

SIG
Sep 15th 2007, 06:22 AM
Uh....and these cartoons make you CRY?

lbeaty1981
Sep 15th 2007, 03:38 PM
Uh....and these cartoons make you CRY?

Well DUH! Haven't you seen the end of "What's Opera, Doc?"

He kills the wabbit.... Poor wittle bunny....:cry:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/lbeaty1981/wabbit.jpg

Steve M
Sep 17th 2007, 04:44 PM
Well DUH! Haven't you seen the end of "What's Opera, Doc?"

He kills the wabbit.... Poor wittle bunny....:cry:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/lbeaty1981/wabbit.jpg
Well what'd you expect from Opera.... a happy ending?

SIG
Sep 17th 2007, 06:18 PM
I see...

Bambi?

mccain22
Sep 17th 2007, 06:36 PM
the passion of the christ gets me.
armageddon made me come pretty close.
im sure there is more

Serve-N-Protect
Sep 18th 2007, 07:01 AM

I cried when... Wait a minute... Why? And what are doing watching movies like Radio?

:spin:

OK OK OK fine... I'm a softie but that's all yer gettin. If I told you anymore I'd have to hit ya.... But of course I would feel bad about it and probably cry.

:cry:

P.S. Who's up fer watchin Fight Club? :rofl:

Toolman
Sep 18th 2007, 02:01 PM
P.S. Who's up fer watchin Fight Club? :rofl:

I cried when Robert Paulson got killed :P

"His name was Robert Paulson.. His name was Robert Paulson".

A Seeker
Sep 18th 2007, 08:23 PM
Worst for me are animated films.
Bambi. "RUN BAMBI RUUUN" when his mum gets shot:cry:

Lion King just before Simba's dad gets dropped:cry:

Antz, most of the end bit:cry:

Watership down, most of it from half way through on in.:cry:

But the worst by far is ice ace. Poor Manfred.:cry:

Star wars Ep 1 "WHY GEORGE, WHY DID JAR JAR BINKS EVER SEE DAYLIGHT?!?! WHAT MADE YOU DO IT GEORGE? :B:B:B" Its like putting the mona lisa in a cheap plastic clip frame. The sheer waste makes me fill up. Almost ruins what could have been a legendary film.:cry:

Oh and cartoons? There is only one and thats road runner. ;):pp Anybody else have "coyote days" where anything and everything you do goes wrong?

Clavicula_Nox
Sep 25th 2007, 01:03 PM
The Bridge to Terabithia gave me a major PTSD attack, and I now refuse to watch that movie ever again.

markinro
May 17th 2008, 03:55 AM
The Passion of the Christ

Athanasius
May 17th 2008, 06:29 AM
I cry at just about everything... But Kira and Odo?
Oh my...

I cried all through Blood Diamond, most recent.

BrckBrln
May 17th 2008, 06:53 AM
I cried pretty hard in Armageddon. I would have cried in Blood Diamond but it was in the theater so I had to man it out. I got teary eyed though. ;)

Athanasius
May 17th 2008, 07:11 AM
I cried pretty hard in Armageddon. I would have cried in Blood Diamond but it was in the theater so I had to man it out. I got teary eyed though. ;)

Yeah see I was home alone, so I figured it was safe.
I figure Beowulf cried like a 12 year old girl, so why not?

Gulah Papyrus
May 17th 2008, 10:36 PM
Normally I do not cry during movies, but once in a while one will get me. I remember watching tons of movies that made my wife cry and she would look at me like I was weirdest thing ever for not crying during the movie. Than one time I have no clue why but we were watching Field of Dreams and I started crying at the end when Ray wanted to have a catch with his dad. Now mind you I have seen this movie a million times but for some reason it got me an emotional state, than my wife who was my girlfriend at the time looked at me and started laughing while doing the awww honey thats cute. Now during times when I watch movies with some of my friends I'll hear "Remember when you cried in Field of Dreams?" :blush:I agree, timing has a lot to do with it. I have been uneffected by very sad/sentimental movies, but then one time I lost it watching an episode of Rugrats!! Go figure.:confused

crawfish
May 17th 2008, 11:02 PM
I don't cry at movies much, but these got me:

Field of Dreams
My Life (shudder)
Star Trek II ;)

IamBill
May 17th 2008, 11:31 PM
saving P Ryan was just on again last week(?), and I be darned if I didn't get an eyelash in my eye again :cool:

ok, both eyes Again :rolleyes:

ok, both eyes from T Hanks movies :rolleyes:

ok, M Gibson too :cool:

S King's :rolleyes:

..Spielberg's :cool:

:giveup:

nah, never cried though :rolleyes:

nope, men don't do that
:cool:

GodlyDads
May 20th 2008, 03:10 AM
I cried during FlyWheel when the dad cancels the debt on the car and the boy looks at his dad in sheer amazement. I hope I am able to do something that makes my son proud of his goofy old dad.

-----------------------------
GodlyDads.com (http://www.GodlyDads.com) -- A Blog About Godly Fathering...And Other Random Guy Stuff!!

Big T
May 20th 2008, 03:19 AM
Dan in real life and Martian child make me cry

Clavicula_Nox
May 20th 2008, 01:44 PM
Now, to add. The beginning of Saving Private Ryan, where the old guy is walking through the cemetery made me cry because I know I'll be the old guy walking through a cemetery one day. Let's see..what else...Platoon got me to tear up. Maybe some others.

Otter77
May 26th 2008, 02:33 PM
nice to know I'm not the only big guy with a soft heart.... reading through this thread you guys have named about every movie I've ever cried at. ;)

Big T - Martian Child definitely; but my oldest son is Autistic and my wife and I are Foster parents.

Fight Club / Robert Paulson scene definitely as well -- but that whole movie was SO emotionally charged that I don't think you could escape that movie without sadness, rage, and just about every other emotion. The first time I saw it I was simply exhausted afterward.

Not sure if anyone remembered this one - but I remember the first time I saw Signs and near the end where Mel Gibson's character is freaking out over his son potentially dieing -- swearing against God while begging him at the same time -- it was so unbelievably human and accurate. M Night's best film.

and lots more - of course.... who didn't cry for Old Yeller? I did.

Otter77
May 26th 2008, 02:35 PM
I don't cry at movies much, but these got me:

Field of Dreams
My Life (shudder)
Star Trek II ;)

"The needs of the many are far greater than the needs of the few.... or the one...."

*sobs*

noooo spock, don't dooooo iiiiit!

ImmenseDisciple
May 26th 2008, 03:50 PM
In retrospect, the first work of the Spirit on me was softening my heart, and this showed itself when I was watching films. Watching Monsters Inc. early last year was the first time it happened :lol: these days, it doesn't take so much, just an authentic sentimental scene (understated preferably) and I'll be filling up :D

NMKeith
May 26th 2008, 06:02 PM
What!?!?

Um, actually, Saving Private Ryan got me at the end. I wasn't gushing mind you but I had to fight to keep from one sliding down my cheek.

LOL.. That is funny.. I was watching that movie last night (Memorial Weekend), and it got me in the end also.. I also like to watch drama movies and 'The Bridge of Madison' got me real good also; also P.S. I love you..

Nothing wrong with a man showing his emotions

My :2cents: anyway

The Bubba
May 26th 2008, 07:58 PM
I was watching an old 40s movie last night called Waterloo Bridge. It was about an English officer who had fallen in love with a ballet dancer. He is sent to the front before they could get married. One day while reading the paper, she reads what she thinks is her fiance's name on thelocal casulty list. Then she just falls apart.

It really got to me. Very very sad movie.

NavyFirefighter
May 27th 2008, 08:20 AM
"Passion of The Christ"
The Notebook
Some of the "Extreme Home Makeover" shows particularly for Vets.
A small handfull of others that I can not think of right now.

Otter77
May 27th 2008, 01:20 PM
"Passion of The Christ"
The Notebook
Some of the "Extreme Home Makeover" shows particularly for Vets.
A small handfull of others that I can not think of right now.

that darn TV show gets me every time!

Buck shot
May 27th 2008, 03:38 PM
Old Yeller, I think that's how you spell it.

I have been more careful about what I watch since then!

Have ya'll ever been really effected by an antique car or truck that was trashed for a movie? :cry:

CDixonDesign
May 27th 2008, 06:49 PM
I'll be completly honest. I've cried watching several movies. and TV shows too. Some songs too. I cry alot, actually. It doesn't make me less of a man, it makes me who God designed me to be! so, HA! :)

Metamorphasis
May 28th 2008, 01:57 AM
I have on a few occasions, which is remarkable for me since I have spent all my life violently keeping my emotions inside. When the tears come out, they come out hard. I remember crying at the end of "Click" with Adam Sandler, because I thought of the harshness of the situation, just a few wrong choices can destroy something that can mean so much, like the love others show you. I also teared up over an episode of S*ex and the C*ity season 6, part 1, in the episode where Miranda admits to Steve, after both of them found other people who they thought would make them happy, that she loves him and she starts crying and tells him to not look at her and that she is sorry after all of it that she waited until then, and then Steve says its okay and also says to her "You're the one." The music that played and the raw emotion, it still makes me well up.

thunderbyrd
Jun 23rd 2008, 04:54 AM
well, i'll confess. everytime i watch EASYRIDER and those two beautiful panheads hit the asphault at the end of the movie, i tear up.

Tennis Guy
Jun 23rd 2008, 06:19 AM

I Am Legend?

I also nearly cried at the end of the new Indiana Jones...mostly because I was never going to get that time or money back ever again.

Drums4Him
Jun 24th 2008, 05:44 AM
I do cry if the movie is sad, and what has been getting to me lately is the television commerical about the abused dogs and cats with the sad song playing in the background, as they show each abused animal. The other thing that gets to me every time is that song Dance Cinderella, it reminds me of my little daughter whom I am currently seperated from at the moment.....

Drums4Him
Jun 24th 2008, 05:49 AM
Dozens of times.

50 first dates
For Love of the Game
League of Their Own
BraveHeart
Mask
Elephant Man

League of Their Own? That one got me too, I cried when the girl couldn't find her name on the board because she couldn't read...

Rebelnote
Jun 25th 2008, 12:34 AM
Wow, this thread makes me feel better... lol

Well, the movie I cried the most on was Passion of the Christ.

I cried on all three Lord of the Rings movies... When Gandolf died in the first one, the scene where Smegol/Gollum have their argument and when Gollum calls Smegol a murderer.... (still gets me), and the third one where Theodin dies.

I also cried watching the movie version of The Hiding Place.

theBelovedDisciple
Jun 28th 2008, 02:02 AM
Passion of the Christ
Jesus of Nazareth
Green Mile
When Dr. Mark from ER passed from his brain tumor... that was very sad.
The Notebook
The Shootist.. John Waynes last movie he made

The day Don Knotts passed away

thunderbyrd
Jun 28th 2008, 05:17 AM
when stringer bell on "the wire" got gunned down.

lbeaty1981
Jun 30th 2008, 12:19 AM
I do cry if the movie is sad, and what has been getting to me lately is the television commercial about the abused dogs and cats with the sad song playing in the background, as they show each abused animal.

Oh jeez, that one gets me too. That one's almost as bad as the Pedigree one filmed in the animal shelter, with the voice-over for the dogs saying "I'm a good dog" and "I just want to go home." Gets me misty-eyed just thinking about that one....

thunderbyrd
Jul 10th 2008, 11:03 AM
another one that tears me up is the end of "the wild bunch".

AngelAuthor
Jul 11th 2008, 09:55 PM
I also nearly cried at the end of the new Indiana Jones...mostly because I was never going to get that time or money back ever again.:rofl::rofl:

I used to not cry at movies...not in the "I'm MANLY AND I NEVER CRY!" kind of way, but more that I simply have a very logical, analytical mind and it always kept movies at that certain - it's not real, so it can not move me - distance.

Then, about three years ago, for other reasons, I started praying that God would soften and give me a more compassionate heart.

I'm not "there" yet, but the Lord has been working, and as a side-effect, I do cry at some movies now and again. No bawling, mind you...but a tear or two will run down.

I find that I still have complete control over it. No movie makes me cry against my will (at least none that I've seen). I can choose to be soft about it and let myself get into the story, or I can tell myself for whatever reason (like maybe my wife isn't crying), that I'm not going to cry and I won't, period.

Wolfdragon
Jul 15th 2008, 06:37 PM
A couple from my childhood were Where the Red Fern Grows and The Golden Seal. Those nailed me. Along with Ol Yeller.

Can't really think of anything too recent other than Ladder 49 (dad and I were volunteer firefighters, he had a firemans funeral, but didn't die ILOD), and Passion of Christ, for obvious reasons.

JK18
Jul 16th 2008, 04:43 PM
I think i have cried at a sad movie before.
I hope I don't get hit here, but I would like to know why do so maney guys hink it means your weak if you cry just wonderin

Luke34
Jul 17th 2008, 04:18 AM
The "Let It Be" scene in Across the Universe got me. As did "I Have a Love" and the final scene in West Side Story--at least, it did when I saw it in a theatre the other day. I haven't seen the movie in forever. Also, my new "least favorite people in the world" are the ones around me at that play who laughed nervously when they jumped at the gunshot. I DON'T CARE IF IT MADE YOU JUMP. IT IS STILL NOT FUNNY. IT IS THE SINGLE MOST SERIOUS MOMENT IN THE WHOLE PLAY. DO NOT LAUGH.

Discuss: Is "crying because of a musical based on Romeo and Juliet" actually the least manly thing you can do, or is it just in the top five? Oh, well, whatever.

MattZab
Jul 17th 2008, 06:53 AM
I cried during We Were Soldiers, at the end when it flashed the names of the real men who were lost in the battle.
Also, the Passion of the Christ makes me cry, can only watch that about once a year.

Reading the book Lone Survivor made me cry. Reading about such intense heroism just brought it out of me. From everyone I have talked to so far about the book, everyone I know that has read it has cried. Crazy.

nato
Jul 18th 2008, 01:38 AM
Also, my new "least favorite people in the world" are the ones around me at that play who laughed nervously when they jumped at the gunshot. I DON'T CARE IF IT MADE YOU JUMP. IT IS STILL NOT FUNNY. IT IS THE SINGLE MOST SERIOUS MOMENT IN THE WHOLE PLAY. DO NOT LAUGH.I know what you mean. It's completely inappropriate, I guess people need a way to release the tension that built up to that point, but it destroys the mood of the setting.

I wouldn't call myself emotionless by any means, but I've never cried at a movie. I'm probably going to get burned for this, but I came really close during Star Wars Episode III when Mace Windu died. *ducks, hides head and runs away* I'm not a nerd, I promise!

Luke34
Jul 18th 2008, 04:11 AM
Oh, and The Butterfly Effect just came pretty close. I mean, I know it's a high-concept thriller with Ashton Kutcher in it, but darn me if it isn't also just about the most depressing film I've ever seen in my life. The director's cut, at least.

bondservant4him
Jul 21st 2008, 03:29 AM
yes came closest to Shawshank Redemption and Blow, and Sandlot, lol i have no idea why sandlot but i t just hit home if ya know wat i mean.

Pinewoods
Aug 26th 2008, 12:01 AM
I don't cry but I will tear up for any sean with a tender moment between man and wife or father and child. I was never like this untill we had our kids, they have made me week

LostInSpace
Aug 27th 2008, 04:56 AM
I don't know how anyone who lost someone they loved (ex-FDNY) during 9-11 didn't cry during Reign Over Me when Adam Sandler finally opened up to his mother and father-in-law, and when the attorney shoved the picture of his family (they were all dead) on his desk.

I won't be able to watch it again... but anyone who knows the guilt of surviving it when by all rights you shouldn't have and knowing someone else was in your place, even if you didn't know them, has dealt with the issues in this movie.

Rhyfelwr
Aug 27th 2008, 10:19 PM
Never cried watching a movie, you sissies. :P

Seriously though, Gladiator made me come close(ish). Maximus was a true hero. Also there was I am Legend, just when his dog dies.

Revinius
Aug 28th 2008, 04:17 AM
i cry watching the passion.... but that's an obvious one.

Can only really cry when i am with God, having a moment with Him.

locboxx
Nov 5th 2008, 01:44 AM
i cry in movies all the time :D

TJ1014
Nov 5th 2008, 01:12 PM
No matter how many time I watch it, and it is every year of course the ending of "It's a Wonderful Life" makes my eyes water..

Gregg
Nov 25th 2008, 01:47 PM
I tear up at movies, tv shows, acts of kindness. I get a lump in my throat and tears during some of the songs we sing at church. I am 6'1" 245 so most don't call me cry baby. I do not sob, but tears flow pretty easy. I actually do not like the feeling that goes with it, but I have come to accept it.

Jollyrogers
Nov 25th 2008, 05:16 PM
Word of advise, Do not go see Fireproof if you tear up easily. Seriously it is a good movie, but their are several points in it that are real tear jerkers.

Revinius
Nov 25th 2008, 06:08 PM
i wish movies that i want to watch would actually come to Australia, i got to order the things.

avlight
Nov 27th 2008, 02:35 AM
Miracle

about the 1980 US Olympic Hockey team.

America was experiencing inflation, a gas shortage, the Iranian hostage crisis, a loss in confidence in Jimmy Carter....

I remember vividly watching the game that Feb 1980 on ABC with Al Michaels and Ken Dryden as the announcers when I was 11 and loved it when we won and beat the Russians and jumped in celebration in the living room watching that team celebrate in the corner of the rink and watching Jim Craig look for his dad in the stands.

I still have the Sports Illustrated issue released the Tuesday after that had the hockey team on the cover packed away somewhere in a cardboard box (the man toybox) in my attic along with my matchbox cars.

Even though history stated that the Soviets getting ran out of Afghanistan, Reagan's 'Mr. Gorbachev, tear this wall down..." speech, perestroika, and glastnost was what ended the cold war, the little kid inside of me wants to believe that this hockey game was the start of the end for I vividly remember the American pride seemed to have been re-awakened and America seemed to change overnight after that game (and gold metal ceremony) and started the u-turn to feeling like a proud nation all over again

I cried at that movie twice:

(1): When the USA / USSR game was over and we won

(2); When at the end of the movie when the scene went from the team standing on the podium after the Star Spangled Banner and rolled into the ending credits.

75% of the people stood up and started clapping and did not leave. Instead, they stayed to read the credits seeing what eventually happened to those men the past 20 years and the vast majority started chanting

USA USA USA USA USA.....

while continuing to clap until the end credits finished showing on the screen.

I still get goosebumps thinking about it

Gregg
Nov 27th 2008, 02:17 PM
The original Brian's Song and Old Yeller are two of the saddest movies of all time. I have no desire to see either one of them again.

RedBird777
Nov 28th 2008, 05:26 AM
The ending of Old Yeller and when Bambi's mom died.

Mind you, these are both when I was little.

Revinius
Nov 30th 2008, 07:45 AM
Miracle

about the 1980 US Olympic Hockey team.

America was experiencing inflation, a gas shortage, the Iranian hostage crisis, a loss in confidence in Jimmy Carter....

I remember vividly watching the game that Feb 1980 on ABC with Al Michaels and Ken Dryden as the announcers when I was 11 and loved it when we won and beat the Russians and jumped in celebration in the living room watching that team celebrate in the corner of the rink and watching Jim Craig look for his dad in the stands.

I still have the Sports Illustrated issue released the Tuesday after that had the hockey team on the cover packed away somewhere in a cardboard box (the man toybox) in my attic along with my matchbox cars.

Even though history stated that the Soviets getting ran out of Afghanistan, Reagan's 'Mr. Gorbachev, tear this wall down..." speech, perestroika, and glastnost was what ended the cold war, the little kid inside of me wants to believe that this hockey game was the start of the end for I vividly remember the American pride seemed to have been re-awakened and America seemed to change overnight after that game (and gold metal ceremony) and started the u-turn to feeling like a proud nation all over again

I cried at that movie twice:

(1): When the USA / USSR game was over and we won

(2); When at the end of the movie when the scene went from the team standing on the podium after the Star Spangled Banner and rolled into the ending credits.

75% of the people stood up and started clapping and did not leave. Instead, they stayed to read the credits seeing what eventually happened to those men the past 20 years and the vast majority started chanting

USA USA USA USA USA.....

while continuing to clap until the end credits finished showing on the screen.

I still get goosebumps thinking about it

Careful... nationalism is most unbiblical :)

avlight
Dec 1st 2008, 01:24 AM
I vehemently disagree with you.

You would be the same way if something done in Australia made you praoud to be an Australian

Revinius
Dec 1st 2008, 05:39 AM
I vehemently disagree with you.

You would be the same way if something done in Australia made you praoud to be an Australian

What does that have to do with being biblical?

Has something not happened in Australia? (might test your history knowledge here) as i know much has that makes many australians very nationalistic)

Sandman1
Dec 1st 2008, 06:22 AM

Honestly, no. Crying doesn't come very easily for me. Not because I'm a tough guy. The only time I ever remember crying was when my mother died. I was 10.

Nothing
Dec 1st 2008, 07:28 AM
I cry during many movies. I get emotionally attached to the characters. I am not one bit ashamed to admit it to anyone.

yoyoyo
Dec 3rd 2008, 01:16 AM
i actually just cried a couple of days ago at a movie..and i NEVER cry at movies. I was watching Passion of the Christ for the first time ever and did not expect it AT ALL to be so intense and violent. I dont wanna ruin it for anyone that hasnt seen it yet, but the part where his arm was broken to fit on the cross just got me. That movie was crazyy. But it was definately one of those "man cries" where my eyes got just a bit watery and with one wipe i was pretty much good lol

Thirst
Dec 3rd 2008, 08:10 AM
I've cried during a few of them.

Rudy definitely got to me.

Ishmael
Dec 6th 2008, 06:09 AM
Donnie Darko always gets me.

I hate to admit this, but Monsters Inc made me tear up but I forgot why. It's been a while.

James of Sunshine
Dec 9th 2008, 02:44 AM
As I've gotten older I've found myself choking up a little more and maybe shed a tear or two but I was an absolute basket case at the end of TITANIC when I saw it when it first came out. Somehow the poignancy, the music, everything just got all entwined in my heart and fellas, I was able to keep it together fairly well, but truth be known I was about to swoon! Could hardly even speak to my date. Isn't that sad?

I try to go with the flow a little more nowadays as it seems inevitable. No need to be ashamed. Guys are people, too. Word to the wise, gents. Pack a hanky.

newdaddy1223
Dec 16th 2008, 04:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT_H-07JfeY&feature=related

this song makes me cry every time....... i can relate not to the alcohol, but because of p*rn....... alcohol never was much of a temptation for me. but until a few months ago i could never seem to go without p*rn for more than a few months.... my wife has been an amazing example of Christ's longsuffering. she has been praying for me for 8 years. it no longer has much of a pull on me. she stuck by me all this time-- never giving up on me.

Nothing
Dec 16th 2008, 05:41 PM
Field of Dreams always makes me cry for a long period of time. Then even after a few hours, I'll cry thinking about the ending. Something great about the Father/Son relationship. God/Jesus is the best example.

James_Roberts
Nov 20th 2015, 08:09 PM
Die Hard, The Thing and Alien gets me everytime.:(

BrianW
Nov 20th 2015, 08:59 PM
Holy thread necro Batman!

LOL.

Wait....what the heck in those movies would get to you?

Protective Angel
Nov 21st 2015, 01:37 AM
OK ... I'll admit it... I get emotional .... :cry:

Old man
Nov 21st 2015, 02:27 AM
My daughter has been watching the old episodes of Little House on the Prairie. I some times watch them with her ... and yes tears have been shed.

Jeanne D
Nov 21st 2015, 09:35 PM
My daughter has been watching the old episodes of Little House on the Prairie. I some times watch them with her ... and yes tears have been shed.

I caught my husband wiping his eyes while watching Little House On the Prairie but when I mentioned it to him, he denied it. :lol:

We both cried at the end of Mr. Holland's Opus.

Jeanne

Fenris
Nov 22nd 2015, 12:30 PM
Schindlers list. Course there wasn't a dry eye in the theater

mailmandan
Nov 22nd 2015, 05:49 PM
I cried at the end of Titanic. :cry:

Jeanne D
Nov 22nd 2015, 07:19 PM
Schindlers list. Course there wasn't a dry eye in the theater

Of course. I cried throughout the entire thing.
That little girl in the red coat really upset me too.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas made me cry.

Jeanne

BrianW
Nov 23rd 2015, 11:20 PM
Last night I watched 2001 A Space Odyssey. I had seen it as a kid in maybe...'78 or so? I can't remember but I was young and my memories told me it was awesome. But after watching it last night...I didn't cry I threw a pillow at the TV in disgust after the ending.

Nostalgia is a liar! :mad:

Old man
Nov 24th 2015, 12:32 AM
Last night I watched 2001 A Space Odyssey. I had seen it as a kid in maybe...'78 or so? I can't remember but I was young and my memories told me it was awesome. But after watching it last night...I didn't cry I threw a pillow at the TV in disgust after the ending.

Nostalgia is a liar! :mad:

I remember when I was a youngster there a rocket ride at the grocery store that was so cool ............

joined2him
Nov 24th 2015, 07:03 AM
I teared up several times while watching "War Horse"....and when "The Martian" was finally rescued by his crewmates.

Fenris
Nov 24th 2015, 01:35 PM
.and when "The Martian" was finally rescued by his crewmates.
OMG spoilerz!!!!!

Jonitus
Dec 11th 2015, 12:37 AM
I cry near the end of Love Actually when the story arcs are wrapping up. There's some wonderful endings to some of those stories.

P.S. - I'm just under 6' tall, weigh a shade over 200 pounds with very minimal body fat, and yes...sometimes I cry like a little girl at movies. GRRRR!

LOL

ProDeo
Dec 11th 2015, 10:20 AM
Love story.

"Love means never having to say you're sorry."
-- Ali MacGraw to Ryan O'Neal

My excuse: I was only 18 back then.

Fenris
Dec 11th 2015, 10:49 AM
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

-Deep thoughts by Jack Handey

undertheblood
Dec 11th 2015, 12:15 PM
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

-Deep thoughts by Jack HandeyMost of my crying is because I have a chemical imbalance and when I haven't taken my pills.

One of Tyler Perry movies, "I can do bad all by myself" emotionally drained me, because of my chemical imbalance and my drugs were not in me as they should have been.

Jeanne D
Dec 11th 2015, 07:28 PM
There's nothing wrong with a man crying. God gave men tear ducts and emotions too. I assume He meant for you guys to use them. :)

Jeanne

jeffweeder
Dec 12th 2015, 04:50 AM
I find I'm tearing up a lot more than I used to do.
Ive watched Sean Penn's...."into the wild" 5 times now and cry every time.
In fact I'm welling up now just thinking about it.:)

Suitor
Dec 12th 2015, 05:19 AM
Crying guys ? Really ?

We are to admire her dress, not wear it. If you have to cry do it where no one can hear it or see it.
Suck it up.