Allow me to introduce myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow me to introduce myself...

Hello. Just joined today, but have been thinking about it for some years. I'm the "slide/video" guy at my church. I've had the same Bible Search linked above on a website of mine (hosted by WebNet77) for as long as I've had a website. I also enjoy refurbishing freely given used computers which I give away again for the purposes of witnessing and discipleship. So, I guess I'm sort of a Christian geek - I think every church has at least one. I never joined this forum before now because I didn't feel I had much to contribute to an online conversation. Still not sure I do. Despite my previous statement, I also strongly dislike social media like Facebook, Twitter, etc, - so I guess I was (unfairly I suppose) comparing this forum to that. Anyway, hello all.

Re: Allow me to introduce myself...

Originally posted by C4C01 View Post
    Hello. Just joined today, but have been thinking about it for some years. I'm the "slide/video" guy at my church. I've had the same Bible Search linked above on a website of mine (hosted by WebNet77) for as long as I've had a website. I also enjoy refurbishing freely given used computers which I give away again for the purposes of witnessing and discipleship. So, I guess I'm sort of a Christian geek - I think every church has at least one. I never joined this forum before now because I didn't feel I had much to contribute to an online conversation. Still not sure I do. Despite my previous statement, I also strongly dislike social media like Facebook, Twitter, etc, - so I guess I was (unfairly I suppose) comparing this forum to that. Anyway, hello all.
    Well welcome C4C01, at least there's two of us who strongly dislike Facebook and other social media.

Aristarkos

Comment

Welcome to bibleforums ! I think you will learn a thing or 2 here , I sure have . Old electronics geek here ( tubes , vcrs , etc. ) . Geeks are cool don't you know .

Comment

Hello, C4C01. A Christian geek, huh! I kinda like that term. Welcome to the forums and I'm sure you will contribute much.
        The Outlaw Bible StudentStudies on the Fringe of Christianity
        A Different Kind of Christian Website

Comment

Hello, everybody, hello C4C01, I must say it is nice to know I'm not the only one who dislikes Facebook, whatsapp and the like. Anyway, I live in Argentina, I work at a union of workers, and yesterday morning I bought online a KJV Clarion Brown Calfskin (you know single column with the numbers of the verses) from the UK, and I'm quite excited about it. I chose that format as I heard it would be helpful to the reading experience, the Clarion is handsize so I could take it to work, or wherever. Anyway, just wanted to say I, and Happy Easter.

Comment

Originally posted by C4C01 View Post
            Hello C4C01, welcome to the forum. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.
            Attached Files
            John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Comment

Originally posted by SimplyObrien View Post
              Hello, everybody, hello C4C01, I must say it is nice to know I'm not the only one who dislikes Facebook, whatsapp and the like. Anyway, I live in Argentina, I work at a union of workers, and yesterday morning I bought online a KJV Clarion Brown Calfskin (you know single column with the numbers of the verses) from the UK, and I'm quite excited about it. I chose that format as I heard it would be helpful to the reading experience, the Clarion is handsize so I could take it to work, or wherever. Anyway, just wanted to say I, and Happy Easter.

Hello SimplyObrien, welcome to the forum. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.
              Attached Files
              John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Comment

Working...
              X