Where is Paradise and Outer Darkness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Paradise and Outer Darkness?

In Luke 23:43 Jesus told the believing thief on the cross, "Today, thou shall be with me in paradise".
    • So, where is paradise?
    • Is it in heaven or as some say, a kosher part of Hades (some cite the beggar Lazarus carried into Abraham's bosom in Luke 16 as proof) - which one is it?
    Also, in Matt 8:12, Jesus said that the "Children of the kingdom shall be cast into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth".
    • Are the children of the kingdom saved or not?
    • Given the context, are the referenced children of the kingdom ethnic Jews or the international church?
    • Is outer darkness the lake of fire or something else?
    • If not the lake of fire, where is it located?
    • Or is it perhaps, a mere figure of speech - what do you think it is?

Originally posted by Trivalee View Post
    In Luke 23:43 Jesus told the believing thief on the cross, "Today, thou shall be with me in paradise".
    • So, where is paradise?
    • Is it in heaven or as some say, a kosher part of Hades (some cite the beggar Lazarus carried into Abraham's bosom in Luke 16 as proof) - which one is it?
    Also, in Matt 8:12, Jesus said that the "Children of the kingdom shall be cast into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth".
    • Are the children of the kingdom saved or not?
    • Given the context, are the referenced children of the kingdom ethnic Jews or the international church?
    • Is outer darkness the lake of fire or something else?
    • If not the lake of fire, where is it located?
    • Or is it perhaps, a mere figure of speech - what do you think it is?
    Luke 16 doesn't mention paradise in connection with Abraham's bosom, so I have no problem seeing them as two different things. Traditionally, Abraham's bosom was a place in Sheol where the righteous dead awaited judgment day. I see no reason to see it as anything other than this.
    Love is patient, love is kind. . .

Comment

Originally posted by pdun459 View Post
      Luke 16 doesn't mention paradise in connection with Abraham's bosom, so I have no problem seeing them as two different things. Traditionally, Abraham's bosom was a place in Sheol where the righteous dead awaited judgment day. I see no reason to see it as anything other than this.
      Thanks for sharing your views. Sheol is the Hebrew name for Hades/hell (Greek) a place for the dead or grave. If paradise is not a 'comfy' part of Sheol, where then is it?

Comment

Probably the third heaven, where God's throne is:

"I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of it I do not know, but God knows. And I know that this man—whether in the body or out of it I do not know, but God knows— was caught up to Paradise."—2 Corinthians 12:2-4.
        Love is patient, love is kind. . .

Comment

Originally posted by pdun459 View Post
          Probably the third heaven, where God's throne is: "I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of it I do not know, but God knows. And I know that this man—whether in the body or out of it I do not know, but God knows— was caught up to Paradise."—2 Corinthians 12:2-4.
          You may not know it, but you have provided a verse that confirms Paradise as 'heaven' and I throw in another passage for good measure:
          • The third heaven is the abode of God (2 Cor 12:2).
          • He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God (Rev 2:7)

Comment

What is remaining is to figure out where outer darkness is or, what it represents, if it's not a place...
            Last edited by Trivalee; Feb 18th 2020, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X