Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit test

Testing the edit.... standby!

SUCCESSFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Slug1; Mar 17th 2019, 01:23 AM. Reason: Editing is...
    --
    Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

Re: Edit test

OK... this is what I did.

Using a desktop, not my cell.

I made the post. Then... All the way at the bottom left of the page is the "style chooser."

I always post in vB4 Default Style.

I changed it to Default Mobile Style and then... made the edit and saved and edit is done.

I then go back to the bottom of the page and in the center, select... Full Site to go back to the vB4 Default Style that I like.

--
    Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

Comment

Wish me luck! 15 Characters

(edit worked?)
      (yes!)
      「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
      撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Comment

OK I'll give it a shot.

Shazbot!
        "Some people's idea of free speech is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back that is an outrage."

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post

I made the post. Then... All the way at the bottom left of the page is the "style chooser."

I changed it to Default Mobile Style and then... made the edit and saved and edit is done.

I then go back to the bottom of the page and in the center, select... Full Site to go back to the vB4 Default Style that I like.

That actually makes sense
          Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

It is rather strange, I can always edit my posts! To prevent doubles BTW I always go to Go Advanced and never use the Post Quick Reply button. To make sure I still can, I'll post this and then edit it.

Aristarkos

And I can edit just like that with vb Default Style.
            Last edited by Aristarkos; Mar 17th 2019, 08:54 AM. Reason: To prove I can edit...

Comment

I tried it four times. All it does when I try to enter anything in the edit areas it throws me out with an admin message and deletes the post. I will not try to edit this one, so you all will know.
              John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Comment

Slug1, this worked for me. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

So... I have tried multiple times but it keeps deleting my post when I click on the white box to type in my edit. I'll keep trying and see if I can figure it out.
                  Matt 9:13
                  13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                  NASU

Comment

Any of y'all use chrome as your browser for this exercise?

Edit: OK... so the issue was with my browser. It worked with Microsoft edge. Thanks for the heads up Ken.
                    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                    NASU

Comment

Yeah, I am using FireFox. Guess I should have mentioned that
                      --
                      Slug1--out

Comment

Yeah, I am using FireFox. Guess I should have mentioned that
                        So we now know it works for Firefox and Microsoft Edge.

It doesn't work for Chrome.

Great thread and great find.
                        NASU

Comment

I'm also using Firefox.

Comment

This also works for Safari (might work for Chrome): Right click on the edit button and "open link in new tab."

You just have to copy-paste the text from the first tab and edit away. Switching to mobile is still better if you need to keep the quote bubbles, though.
                            Last edited by Aviyah; Mar 21st 2019, 10:34 PM. Reason: test 2
                            「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
                            撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                              So... I have tried multiple times but it keeps deleting my post when I click on the white box to type in my edit. I'll keep trying and see if I can figure it out.

Chrome is forcing the delete when you edit; it appears

Comment

Working...
                              X