Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghosts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ghosts

    I just wanted some of your guys opinions on spirits and ghosts. I personally believe that it has to do with demons and I have never seen anything myself, but I cant explain away the fact that many "hauntings" have something to do with the previous owner or attendant at a house. For example, my mothers family was pretty religious but when growing up they moved into a an old house that was "haunted" and they actually saw a figure walking down their steps and many other weird things like a piano playing when they didn't even own one. Later they found out a man had committed suicide there a long time ago.
    I firmly believe that once your dead your dead. Bible says in Ecclesiastes 9:5 "the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing", which shows to me that someone cant haunt a house because their old life is gone and they are no longer with us period. Until the second coming. But then why all of the stories and sightings of ghosts that look like the people who had died there? And if they are demons why do they pursue to look like and act like someone else who has died?
    Last edited by Jeffinator; Feb 4th 2009, 02:02 AM.

  • #2
    "Ghosts" are most definitely demons. In particular, they are "familiar spirits."

    Comment


    • #3
      Most definitely demonic...

      Comment


      • #4
        Another agreeing on demons....

        Why do they pursue to look like and act like someone else who has died?

        As we know, the devil will do whatever he can to try to get people's focus off of God. He and his demons are looking for people that they can affect and look for the weakness in that person. He wants to trip people up and get them off track from what the Bible says... There is a battle going on in the spiritual world, and Satan's trying his hardest to win.


        Originally posted by ConqueredbyLove
        Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by FaithfulSheep View Post
          Another agreeing on demons....

          Why do they pursue to look like and act like someone else who has died?

          As we know, the devil will do whatever he can to try to get people's focus off of God. He and his demons are looking for people that they can affect and look for the weakness in that person. He wants to trip people up and get them off track from what the Bible says... There is a battle going on in the spiritual world, and Satan's trying his hardest to win.
          But how do you explain away friendly ghosts? For example, I had a friend who grew up talking to this old man that no one else could see. Everyone thought it was her imaginary friend. She kept telling her parents he was real but they blew it off. She referred to him has Gregg, later on when she grew up they later found out that there was a Gregg who once owned the house and died there. But he was apparently nice to my friend growing up and never did or said anything bad to her. Although i believe ghosts have to do with demons too, stuff like that confounds and confuses me. Why would a demon be nice to a child and befriend them and not bother anyone else? And why take on the name and form of the previous owner?

          Comment


          • #6
            I grew up in a house with "ghosts", and I can describe many of them in detail. Some were playful, some were not so playful, but they didn't become un-friendly until I got saved in college and realized what they were. When I started telling my parents what I'd learned, these "friendly ghosts" started showing their true selves. Eventually my dad also got saved and rebuked them, and things were quiet for many years, but things got active again when my niece who was being raised in the house reached the time in her life to choose or reject Christ for herself. I can't remember what was done after that, and they don't live in that house anymore.

            It is really confusing to have this stuff around, because it seems so real, and yet it goes against the Bible.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by stillforgiven View Post
              I grew up in a house with "ghosts", and I can describe many of them in detail. Some were playful, some were not so playful, but they didn't become un-friendly until I got saved in college and realized what they were. When I started telling my parents what I'd learned, these "friendly ghosts" started showing their true selves. Eventually my dad also got saved and rebuked them, and things were quiet for many years, but things got active again when my niece who was being raised in the house reached the time in her life to choose or reject Christ for herself. I can't remember what was done after that, and they don't live in that house anymore.

              It is really confusing to have this stuff around, because it seems so real, and yet it goes against the Bible.
              Do you believe they were demons? Why would they then be playful?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jeffinator View Post
                Do you believe they were demons? Why would they then be playful?
                If it distracts someone from Christ, why not? Seemingly friendly, nice; they are things these if they need to be. They are anything they need to be if it gets the job done - one less for Christ. They'll promote the church (and I'm sure they have) if it means distracting people from the Gospel - do you think Lewis' Screwtape Letters was purely a work of fiction?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jeffinator View Post
                  But how do you explain away friendly ghosts? For example, I had a friend who grew up talking to this old man that no one else could see. Everyone thought it was her imaginary friend. She kept telling her parents he was real but they blew it off. She referred to him has Gregg, later on when she grew up they later found out that there was a Gregg who once owned the house and died there. But he was apparently nice to my friend growing up and never did or said anything bad to her. Although i believe ghosts have to do with demons too, stuff like that confounds and confuses me. Why would a demon be nice to a child and befriend them and not bother anyone else? And why take on the name and form of the previous owner?
                  I would say your reaction is all the evidence we need to see why they do it, since it is obviously effective with your friend, and to a degree, you. Just be humble and admit that angels and fallen angels are more "intelligent" than us at this time and think these things out to a far greater extent than man does. Stay strongly based in the word of God and in a personal relationship with him, and reject what contradicts what he says. He is far greater than the angels, so trust in him and love him, you will see truth then.
                  While you are on this site, don't debate to win and prove yourself right, but discuss to learn and find truth, and to encourage through a humble spirit. God Bless

                  Ephesians 4:1-3
                  As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jeffinator View Post
                    Do you believe they were demons? Why would they then be playful?
                    Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
                    If it distracts someone from Christ, why not? Seemingly friendly, nice; they are things these if they need to be. They are anything they need to be if it gets the job done - one less for Christ. They'll promote the church (and I'm sure they have) if it means distracting people from the Gospel - do you think Lewis' Screwtape Letters was purely a work of fiction?

                    I have to agree with the distraction explaination, because this still plays a part in me having trouble sometimes believing in things the way the Bible spells it out. They make it appear that they are an imprint of a real person that once lived, and yet, the Bible clearly says it doesn't work that way. They've had a few thousand years to perfect their deception techniques, and this is a very effective one.

                    As for them being nice, they didn't have to be mean when we didn't know what they were. We weren't at all upset about them being there....well, except for me when they'd turn the hall light up and down in the middle of the night. This and other supernatural things I've experienced are still a hinderance for me.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FaithfulSheep View Post
                      Another agreeing on demons....

                      Why do they pursue to look like and act like someone else who has died?

                      As we know, the devil will do whatever he can to try to get people's focus off of God. He and his demons are looking for people that they can affect and look for the weakness in that person. He wants to trip people up and get them off track from what the Bible says... There is a battle going on in the spiritual world, and Satan's trying his hardest to win.

                      Ok, does that make sense? Is it at all possible that "demonic" is just the word used for a soul who has left the body but not the earth? It is firmiliar spirits because it's the same person. The "devil" is their ignorance from moving on from worldly pleasures. Look into Near Death stories.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by stillforgiven View Post
                        they didn't become un-friendly until I got saved in college and realized what they were
                        study on that quote for a little bit, I'm not calling you wrong. The whole "religion" (not dissing Jesus or the Bible) is based on logic like that. What did you mean by "showing their true selves", is it possible this is due to a change in perception?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by nightingalepelican View Post
                          study on that quote for a little bit, I'm not calling you wrong. The whole "religion" (not dissing Jesus or the Bible) is based on logic like that. What did you mean by "showing their true selves", is it possible this is due to a change in perception?
                          Logic like... What?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by nightingalepelican View Post
                            study on that quote for a little bit, I'm not calling you wrong. The whole "religion" (not dissing Jesus or the Bible) is based on logic like that. What did you mean by "showing their true selves", is it possible this is due to a change in perception?
                            I think the change in my spiritual status had everything to do with it and on both sides. From their (demons) view, I was now part of the enemy's camp. It was only after this that physical attacks began. From my view, of course it was a change in perception. I never before knew there was any other option than the one we believed, so I couldn't perceive it in any other way.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jeffinator View Post
                              I just wanted some of your guys opinions on spirits and ghosts. I personally believe that it has to do with demons and I have never seen anything myself, but I cant explain away the fact that many "hauntings" have something to do with the previous owner or attendant at a house. For example, my mothers family was pretty religious but when growing up they moved into a an old house that was "haunted" and they actually saw a figure walking down their steps and many other weird things like a piano playing when they didn't even own one. Later they found out a man had committed suicide there a long time ago.
                              I firmly believe that once your dead your dead. Bible says in Ecclesiastes 9:5 "the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing", which shows to me that someone cant haunt a house because their old life is gone and they are no longer with us period. Until the second coming. But then why all of the stories and sightings of ghosts that look like the people who had died there? And if they are demons why do they pursue to look like and act like someone else who has died?
                              Well, I believe in spirits, I don't know about ghost. I wonder if ghost are just spirits. Well, I was sitting in my living room one day and I remember saying a prayer. I was watching this guy on television and he said, " If your brave enough and really want to see God say this prayer" So I did.

                              Then I started looking around the room exspecting to see something I guess. But as I looked in the tv screen, and saw a reflection of the couch where I had stuff laying everywhere. I saw what looked like a figure. As I kept looking it kind of looked like the side of a face, with a turban on its head, and I also say a beard.

                              I took my camera phone out and took the picture.

                              After a few days I stared at the picture and to my surprise another face appeared that I did not see before. I'm not sure if it was an angel or what, even others could see the face. The being was near my light. So, you could see the entire face, nose, hair and everything.

                              This only happend once.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X