The love of the world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pbminimum View Post

It's hard to know the heart of someone with 33 posts containing this sort of content. You are right that a follower of Christ is not of this world, but are you suggesting that a follower of Christ has achieved perfection through their obedience , or from the grace of God ? It can't be both.
    Our perfection is found by the grace of God. John instructs us not to love the world (the lusts) and the things that are in the world. It remains my responsibility to say no to sin and to step away from it. We are not told to love and participate in sin. But we must purify ourselves through the blood of the Lamb.

Comment

Originally posted by Pbminimum View Post

The internet contains much more vile places than broadcast television, so , I'm wondering who's computer that's attached to the internet that this person is posting from ?
      As I wrote before, technology is used, but we have to be careful what we do with it. Like, for example, I use my computer to do writing on it. If I want to know anything about repairs of any technical appliances, I just look at my phone for advice. I know there are bugs on the internet just like there are bugs on the TV. Each person has to choose what he wants to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by angelmike View Post

As I wrote before, technology is used, but we have to be careful what we do with it. Like, for example, I use my computer to do writing on it. If I want to know anything about repairs of any technical appliances, I just look at my phone for advice. I know there are bugs on the internet just like there are bugs on the TV. Each person has to choose what he wants to do with it.
        So clearly, you have chosen technology of the world is GOOD, because of how you use it?
        Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
          So clearly, you have chosen technology of the world is GOOD, because of how you use it?
          I would think he needs to edit his other posts if so, huh ?

Comment

Proverbs 14:12 says: "There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death." Each of us needs to prayerfully ask God if our ways lead to life or death—we aren't capable of knowing this on our own. For example, almost every Christian male I know is obsessed with college or pro football. Let's think for a moment about what they represent: greed, anger, pride, lust, gluttony, sloth, sometimes gambling. Almost the polar opposite of the fruit of the Spirit we are called to cultivate. As Christians, are these really the values we want for ourselves or our children?

Comment

Originally posted by pdun459 View Post
              Proverbs 14:12 says: "There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death." Each of us needs to prayerfully ask God if our ways lead to life or death—we aren't capable of knowing this on our own. For example, almost every Christian male I know is obsessed with college or pro football. Let's think for a moment about what they represent: greed, anger, pride, lust, gluttony, sloth, sometimes gambling. Almost the polar opposite of the fruit of the Spirit we are called to cultivate. As Christians, are these really the values we want for ourselves or our children?
              The Amish live in the area I live, each time they see a Christian driving a automobile, or each time they ride their buggy past a Christians home that has two auto's parked in the driveway... can they say to themselves: Let's think for a moment about what they represent: greed, anger, pride, lust, gluttony, sloth, sometimes gambling... hmmmm

Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Yes, i have the right lik you to use whatever i chose. My christian life is to be like Christ, therefore i need to reject respectable contents that hinders my growth in Christ. Do you have the desire to be like Christ or is it your habit to unrun the saints.

Comment

Yes, i have the right lik you to use whatever i chose. My christian life is to be like Christ, therefore i need to reject respectable contents that hinders my growth in Christ. Do you have the desire to be like Christ or is it your habit to unrun the saints.
                  Not "unrunning" anyone. Here is a quote from a previous post of yours:

I am aware of the damage caused by a TV that there is no good in the TV to build a child of God spiritually. At the end of the day, it's about deciding what humans want to do with technology.
                  Is this broad stroke only concerning YOUR building of spirituality with God, thus He revealed a problem in YOUR heart? Or are you saying that ALL Christians will be hindered in their walk with God, by watching TV?

Slug1--out

Comment

Not "unrunning" anyone. Here is a quote from a previous post of yours:

Is this broad stroke only concerning YOUR building of spirituality with God, thus He revealed a problem in YOUR heart? Or are you saying that ALL Christians will be hindered in their walk with God, by watching TV?
                    All Christians will be influenced by technology. God did not reveal a problem in my heart that was on the TV, but that the TV itself became the problem. Paul says, buy out time, because time is evil. It is also about everyone's calling with which God has called us. I don't think He called us to sit in front of the TV all the time and take everything in it and pretend to be strengthened by it. If you feel you want to spend more time with the TV, it's your decision. As far as I know there is nothing that glorifies God on the TV.

Comment

All Christians will be influenced by technology. God did not reveal a problem in my heart that was on the TV, but that the TV itself became the problem. Paul says, buy out time, because time is evil. It is also about everyone's calling with which God has called us. I don't think He called us to sit in front of the TV all the time and take everything in it and pretend to be strengthened by it. If you feel you want to spend more time with the TV, it's your decision. As far as I know there is nothing that glorifies God on the TV.
                      Well, in the SAME manner in which anything on the TV fails to glorify God, the same holds true for the internet.

Slug1--out

Comment

The Amish live in the area I live, each time they see a Christian driving a automobile, or each time they ride their buggy past a Christians home that has two auto's parked in the driveway... can they say to themselves: Let's think for a moment about what they represent: greed, anger, pride, lust, gluttony, sloth, sometimes gambling... hmmmm

I don't know, you tell me.

Comment

I don't know, you tell me.
                          Since you aren't seeing the point of my post, I'll spell it out:

If any Amish thought any of the examples of the scripture concerning my use of or ownership of two POV's, it would BE their judgement of me. Just as the statement that you made concerning Christian brethren being passionate about sports, is YOUR judgement.

Yes, sports CAN lead to what the scripture is about, but your statement is a broad stroke because not all sports lead to or represent your judgement FOR ALL brethren.

I am reminded of this when I read your post:

Judge not

I was shocked, confused, bewildered
                          as I entered Heaven's door,
                          Not by the beauty of it all,
                          by the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven
                          who made me sputter and gasp-
                          the thieves, the liars, the sinners,
                          the alcoholics, the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade
                          who swiped my lunch money twice.
                          Next to him was my old neighbor
                          who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought
                          was rotting away in hell,
                          was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
                          looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal?
                          I would love to hear Your take.
                          How'd all these sinners get up here?
                          Has there been a huge mistake?

And why's everyone so quiet,
                          so somber? Give me a clue.'
                          'Hush, child, ' said He 'They're all in shock.
                          No one thought they'd see you.'

David (Johnny) Nixon
                          Slug1--out

Comment

As you should recall, I mentioned two specific sports, that's hardly a "broad brush."

Comment

As you should recall, I mentioned two specific sports, that's hardly a "broad brush."
                              So you were segregating football... is football the only one that fits your brush stroke then? Christians who are passionate about Baseball are OK, then?

Slug1--out

Comment

So you were segregating football... is football the only one that fits your brush stroke then? Christians who are passionate about Baseball are OK, then?
                                I like football and baseball a little, but I am not passionate about either. I think most Christians I know are well balanced in these. Maybe not in pdun's circles. I will pray for them. 6praying.gif
                                John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Comment

Working...
                                X