The spirit of divination in the church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The spirit of divination in the church

What is soothsaying in the church, and where does this spirit come from? This spirit claims and delights in divine prophecy of saints. The Bible gives the answer and refers to examples of this spirit that made its way into the body of Christ.

Act 16:16-18 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

This slave girl said nothing wrong that could cause suffering to be false, her statement was right about the disciples; they came to proclaim the truth of salvation. It was Paul's discernment, which after days only allowed the divine spirit be cast out. We do not know why Paul delayed for so long. There is no mention of why he only reacted after days. If we look at the case, we can notice the fine line between light and darkness. The slave girl was not a born-again Christian or prophetess who had the gift of interpreting languages. She also made herself a prophetess and claimed to speak about the divine things she did not know or understand. Besides, no one called to report to others about his actions. No one went ahead with Jesus and proclaimed that He was on his way and was going to do miracles. Those who spoke of Him were those healed by Him, who acted as a witness for the work of God. All who listened to the slave girl also went up to Paul and the disciples to hear what is spoke, so that he could not immediately see that she was filled with demons. I believe with her kindness and serious conduct she was able to outdo Paul for days. This spirit was cunning and did not follow Paul and the disciples to the place of prayer, for she knew where the power of God is present. Her place was among the sinners where she felt safe.

To use someone who is not in the will of God, selectively set aside by the enemy to fulfill his will among the saints. This passage refers to the soothsaying revealed by a sinner. The second point I make again refers to a Christian who is active in the congregation and captivated by soothsaying.

Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Here we have a mouthful, but we only look at the soothsaying portion found in this congregation. Jesus makes his statement about this congregation and targets the problem that is currently taking place. Isabel appointed not by God to teach in the congregation. Paul also refers to this impractical action.

1 Tim. 2:12 But I will not allow the woman to teach, nor to rule over the man;

With dominating action, she forces herself on the platform of authority not given to her. Isabel has delegated herself as a teacher who teaches the word to the congregation. Christ reveals his displeasure as he transcends the calling of grace with bitterness and envy. She completely refuses to be under authority in the congregation. Her knowledge appears to be hypnotizing the congregation with her flattering statement. I believe she captivated and blinded the congregation with her teaching so that the saints could not discern her. Because the grace period has come, many preachers want to break God's law by allowing the divine authority structure to be broken. Scriptures cited and abused to justify statements. Nowhere in the Bible does it appear that women not allowed teaching, but they must teach their own sex to maintain the balance of the deity.

Tit 2:3-4 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

To reject the foundation God has given us places any person in the danger zone that also makes us vulnerable to evil works of the enemy. In this case, she opened herself to the work of Satan and enticed the congregation to commit fornication and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. We see that through the temptation comes the waste of man if he does not act vigilantly in faith.

Many saints have stepped into a pit where soothsaying were dominant and in control. Great damage is, done to the soul of man who has surrendered himself to the evil spirit. Knowledge abused in many congregations, where divine knowledge is scarce, they do no bible study. The Bible accepted as canonical, as God's word delivered to us.

How do I discern the divine spirit in a congregation or even outside? There are certain signs that need to be looked at that declare the person guilty as a fortuneteller. We will discuss a few that will give you guidance that I have picked up in my own life experience and taught by the Holy Spirit.

1. Discerning of spirits
    This gift obtained from the Holy Spirit for purpose of discerning someone who presents himself as a worker of God. When I decided one day to talk to a priest, about a problem I was struggling with, I never knew that the Lord would reveal to me that the person was false. Due to politeness, I was obliged to hear his conversation with patience until the end. The Holy Spirit Himself reveals to the saint who is sincere and who is not. We cannot act against a person on basis of hearsay. If you do not have discernment, consult an anointed one of God who is truly pure.

Years back in my youth, I met a man at the train station. The man was a beggar who sought alms. Due to my financial shortage, I was unable to provide for him. I apologized and was delighted that he released me from the burden. As we speak, I feel led to speak to him and encourage him to trust God for his needs. Immediately he brings me a sermon on faith in God; that he trusted God fully in this matter. As I listen to him, I see with my spiritual eye the man with bloodshot eyes. Here I distinguish the religious spirit. The man imbued with a soothsaying spirit that supports him in times of religious talk. They always have answers to your questions when they feel guilty and project poor self-esteem. A religious spirit is aware of the word of God, and will fight you immediately, when you approach it with the gospel.

In my late thirties, I lost my six-year-old son. In my moment of mourning and grief, I called by a brother, which tells me God sent him to me, to tell me that, the Lord wants to raise the child through him. I was surprised at first, then, I laughed at myself because I knew that the Lord had taken the child to heaven, and I accept His perfect will. We have already prayed for the child beforehand and hoped that God would raise him up. The young man firmly believed that God wanted to use him to raise the child. I did not try to allow negative or disbelief in the conversation. I gave him full co-operation what he wanted. As we speak, I have already discerned that the matter was not of God. That is why I did not want to undermine his desire. I gave him yogurt for the child to eat if he was alive. I was, also asked not to go to the morgue where the child was located. He said, he was called by God to be alone with the child. The child is buried and with God today.

From this experience, I learned that we must be careful and listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit. If God had spoken to him, the child would have lived. Thus, soothsaying spread through lies gives false hope to broken souls. The lack that was present with this man is a lack of the will of God. It would be better for him if he avoided me and went straight to the morgue. There he would understand God's will when the child rose not. It is better not to pass on knowledge to others before we can provide evidence for actions.

2. Knowledge
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

When divine knowledge transmitted to someone, not everyone accepts this knowledge as an explanation. The divination spirit takes possession of any person who refuses to accept the truth. The divination spirit penetrates into the soul of man because of his own ignorance and willpower. A similar example is like the Pharisees and scribes who refuse to be baptize by John the Baptist. The attitude of disobedience brings man under the power of divination. When we reject divine knowledge, we become accustomed to evil knowledge just as the serpent seduced Eve. Many take note of what is appropriate and not what should be plausible. We are deceived when we do not possess sufficient divine knowledge. Remember! By the sword the devil be cast out, which is the word of God.

Divine knowledge gives us the benefit, of being not, deceived by evil. Knowledge is important to understand the will of God in our lives. Knowledge is especially important in language and interpretation of languages ​​where prophecy needs be judged; otherwise, it will continue without any judgment opening the door for divination. An example of this is, when an interpretation of languages ​​is given, knowledge must provide pure consultation. Paul makes a statement and says; all saints can prophesy one by one so that everyone can learn.
    1Cor. 14:31 For ye can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be encouraged.

3. To judge prophecy
    1 Cor. 14:29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let others judge.
    Here we do not need to quote much about this scripture, yet, we also need to understand and know who is going to do the judging when prophesying. When we judge someone's prophecy, it must be with the script or gift of distinction. Here we must act consistently without aloofness or envy. Paul also states that there may be another one to whom, something else revealed.
    1 Cor. 14:30 But if any thing be revealed unto another that sitteth there, let the first hold his peace.
    Only the guidance of the Holy Spirit can justify this action.

4. Listen to the voice, Word.
    John 10: 4 And when he brought forth his own sheep, he went before them; and the sheep follow him, because they know his voice.
    When prophesied, we must listen carefully and open our spiritual ears to make sure that God speaks to us. Over the years, every faith has already inherited this scripture for itself, with the understanding that the church is the right church. I have heard many saints speak about the voice of the Lord, but it was never explained how to distinguish the voice from other voices. When someone prophesies, it is accept generally that the Lord has spoken and that the prophecy, may not be disdained. In so doing, crowds caught off guard with divination. To listen to the voice of Christ is not to wait for an audible voice spoken from heaven or by the Holy Spirit. That the Holy Spirit speaks to us in our spirit is, assured. The Holy Spirit will not speak out of Himself and bring His own words to us, but the words of Christ, which been written for us in the Bible.
    Jon 16:13 But when he is come, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak of Himself, but all that He hears He will speak and proclaim to you the things to come.

The word is the foundation of the saints according to which every child of God must live. Never will the Holy Spirit teach anything other than the scriptures to saints. The doctrine of Christ is the only doctrine He has passed on to the disciples, for us and our descendants. Jesus himself said that He would not add anything.
    Rev. 2:25 Just hold what you have until I come.
    1 Co 14:3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
    Here comes the wisdom that listens to prophetic utterances. Every utterance will always follow with words of edification, comfort and exhortation. If someone is not encouraged by the gift of prophecy, it leaves a question mark. Through scripture knowledge, we can judge prophecy. Any prophecy quoted outside the script with added commands is dangerous and leads to destruction. Therefore, the importance of knowing the scriptures, we know the voice of our Shepherd.

5. Fulfillment of the prophecy
    Duet. 18:22 If the prophet spake in the name of the LORD, and what he said did not happen, and came not forth, then is the word which the LORD spake not; the prophet spoke it with pride; you must not be afraid of him.
    First, we must understand that there are two different gifts of prophecy. The first involves the gift of interpretation of languages ​​that the congregation edified, exhorted, and comfort. The two stages of prophecy involve personal and future interpretation of a prophet himself. Both can still be judged by the word, but we must also discern when prophesying what the message entails. God will speak through His prophets concerning the things to come.
    Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
    The gift of interpreting languages ​​given to the congregation so that they are, edified, exhorted, and comforted.
    Act 21:8-11 And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him. And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy. And as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus. And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.
    As we read this script, we see the difference between the two quotes made by Luke. First he speaks of the prophetic gifts and then of the prophet himself. If the daughters had prophesied about Paul, Luke would certainly have quoted it. But, God sent his prophet to reveal Paul's future through Agabus.

Your post is long, so I will just say this. I agree that there is a great need for us, as Christians, to discern spirits. I would only warn that not all failings among Christians should be attributed to "divination." Divination is really an occult thing, and should not be confused with errors in judgments and a variety of sins. Divination is a very specific sin of a very serious nature.

But I can relate to a number of your experiences, where Christians are motivated by what they think are prophecies, but are actually just doctrines they believe in and voices that come from themselves that they think came from God. We have to let our thoughts and actions be governed by numbers of Christians, and we need to learn submission to the group, and to God Himself. Sometimes we think we are called to speak or act, and when God does not give opportunity we rebel and think devils and people are opposing us, God's instruments.

But the reality is, even if we have good things to say and do, we need to be submissive among others, to let God give us opportunity to operate. What we think is God's will may not be God's will. It must be tested, just like we test spirits.

Some doctrines I do think are motivated by evil spirits, though I don't group such beliefs as "occult." It's just that any belief, whether well-intentioned or not, that opposes the truths of God's word, is something that Satan wants and the flesh wants. The flesh wants its own way.

These things also need to be discerned. It's something we will only learn over years of experimentation. We can't expect to grow and to know all at once! But if we dine regularly on God's word, both written in the Bible and spoken to our heart, we will know how to discern things, comparing God's voice to our heart with the variety of voices we hear in the world. Then we will know how to discern what is from God's love, and what is not, what is compromising the truth and what is being loyal to God's holiness.

Comment

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
      The spirit of divination in the church

Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

With dominating action, she forces herself on the platform of authority not given to her. Isabel has delegated herself as a teacher who teaches the word to the congregation. ...
      Her knowledge appears to be hypnotizing the congregation with her flattering statement.
      Because the grace period has come, many preachers want to break God's law by allowing the divine authority structure to be broken. ... Nowhere in the Bible does it appear that women not allowed teaching, but they must teach their own sex to maintain the balance of the deity.

To reject the foundation God has given us places any person in the danger zone that also makes us vulnerable to evil works ...

How do I discern the divine spirit in a congregation or even outside? There are certain signs that need to be looked at that declare the person guilty as a fortuneteller. ...

The divination spirit takes possession of any person who refuses to accept the truth. The divination spirit penetrates into the soul of man because of his own ignorance and willpower. A similar example is like the Pharisees and scribes who refuse to be baptize by John the Baptist. The attitude of disobedience brings man under the power of divination. When we reject divine knowledge, we become accustomed to evil knowledge just as the serpent seduced Eve.

Divine knowledge is important to understand the will of God in our lives.

1 Co 14:3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
      Quick question discerner. In your point of view, did Priscilla disrupt "the balance of the deity" when she explained to Apollos the way of God more accurately, or was it all good since she was joined with her husband?
      Priscilla and Aquila are described in the New Testament as instrumental in edifying, exhorting, the early churches.
      Paul was generous in his recognition to them,

Give my greetings to Priscilla and Aquila, my co-workers in the ministry of Christ Jesus. 4 They risked their lives for me. I am thankful to them,
      and so are all the Gentile churches. 5 Also give my greetings to the church that meets in their home. Rom 16:3-5

It is thought by some that Priscilla held the office of presbyter. She is also thought by some to be the anonymous author of the Epistle to the Hebrews.
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
      For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free,
      there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Gal 3

Comment

Originally posted by jake2020 View Post
        But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

Quick question discerner. In your point of view, did Priscilla disrupt "the balance of the deity" when she explained to Apollos the way of God more accurately, or was it all good since she was joined with her husband?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
        For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free,
        there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Gal 3
        I know, not everyone accepts the authority structure of God. As far as I understand, Luke does not report that Pricilla taught Apollos. It is Aquila who taught Apollos even though the two were together. Paul will not give orders to the congregation that contradicts Christ's teaching.
        The script you quote does not justify the conduct of a woman to act dominantly and with authority. Read the script in full before making your statement. Certainly we are all one in Christ, but it is spiritual. We are all still in the flesh, so we must act according to the flesh concerning the carnal things we practice daily. Gen 3:16 To the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and your desire shall be to your husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Comment

Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 ...and the Holy Spirit was poured on them. Acts 19
          Originally posted by angelmike View Post
          I know, not everyone accepts the authority structure of God.
          According to your broad brush structure, women are all demonically influenced and thus disqualified from testifying about spiritual things.
          This may be a bit much for you but God does regenerate women.

Sent by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead— 2 and all the brothers and sisters with me,...
          Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age,...Gal 1
          The script you quote does not justify the conduct of a woman to act dominantly and with authority. Read the script in full before making your statement.
          They didn't force him to receive the gift of the Spirit, It was more like a recommended guideline.

That God may fill you with the knowledge of his will through the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives. Col 1:9
          Certainly we are all one in Christ, but it is spiritual. We are all still in the flesh, so we must act according to the flesh concerning the carnal things we practice daily.
          A carnal man or a carnal woman who flip flops between being converted/spiritual and unconverted/unspiritual is six of one half dozen of the other.
          Gen 3:16 To the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and your desire shall be to your husband, and he shall rule over thee.
          You're in a whole different time zone.

The elder, To the lady chosen by God and to her children, whom I love in the truth—and not I only, but also all who know the truth—because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever: 3 Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, 2 John 1:

Comment

Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 ...and the Holy Spirit was poured on them. Acts 19

According to your broad brush structure, women are all demonically influenced and thus disqualified from testifying about spiritual things.
            This may be a bit much for you but God does regenerate women.

Sent by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead— 2 and all the brothers and sisters with me,...
            Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age,...Gal 1

They didn't force him to receive the gift of the Spirit, It was more like a recommended guideline.

That God may fill you with the knowledge of his will through the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives. Col 1:9
            A carnal man or a carnal woman who flip flops between being converted/spiritual and unconverted/unspiritual is six of one half dozen of the other.

You're in a whole different time zone.

The elder, To the lady chosen by God and to her children, whom I love in the truth—and not I only, but also all who know the truth—because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever: 3 Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, 2 John 1:
            I see you make your own insinuation about the script. You also do not sound very positive about yourself and the defense you are trying to give out. I don't think you really understand what I'm trying to say. It seems as if a bomb has exploded in your pants. Now I also wonder, who is the woman John is talking about. Could you please inform me about that. And then you also explain to me what Paul finally meant by the scriptures I quoted for you. Why, then, would he make so much effort to start a war with the Eva generation?

Comment

I see you make your own insinuation about the script. You also do not sound very positive about yourself and the defense you are trying to give out. I don't think you really understand what I'm trying to say. It seems as if a bomb has exploded in your pants. Now I also wonder, who is the woman John is talking about. Could you please inform me about that. And then you also explain to me what Paul finally meant by the scriptures I quoted for you. Why, then, would he make so much effort to start a war with the Eva generation?
              I also do not agree that the male-female order in Creation is disrupted, spiritually, by women acting in positions of authority. Clearly, Deborah in the OT was in a position of authority. It's just that God designed men to be of 1st rank, before women, in a variety of matters. This did not, in any way, reflect the superiority of the male in anything but rank, with respect to carrying out certain activities. Obviously, women rank ahead of men in the task of producing children! Men participate, but women actually do the job.

It's the same in marriage or in church. Unless God has provided for female leadership in various ministries these are jobs normally given to men. But that is not always possible, and thus not always desirable. And it does not in any way mean that women are to be prevented from participating in Christian ministry. Having 1st rank simply means going 1st. After men then certainly women may participate. It's just that Paul didn't want women acting as if they held 1st rank in the normal process of leading family and ministry.

It really isn't any different with men in giving 1st place to Christ in their own lives. It isn't that men may not serve Christ in his message of Salvation. It's only that men must 1st give place to the will of Christ before carrying on his ministry in their own lives. Whether in the case of men deferring to Christ or women deferring to men, our lives are lives of service, deferring to God who alone has the glory.

Comment

I see you make your own insinuation about the script.
                Priscilla and Aquila were co-workers in the ministry of Christ. It's really not that hard to comprehend mickey.
                You also do not sound very positive about yourself and the defense you are trying to give out
                This isn't about positive thinking mick.
                My speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. 1 Cor 2
                I don't think you really understand what I'm trying to say.
                Allow me to refresh your memory:
                am>"If you do not have discernment, consult an anointed one..."

27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 1 John 2:
                It seems as if a bomb has exploded in your pants.
                You're barking up the wrong tree. Try the Islam board.
                Now I also wonder, who is the woman John is talking about. Could you please inform me about that.
                The woman who drank from the source:
                The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst..." John 4:14-15
                "Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
                And then you also explain to me what Paul finally meant by the scriptures I quoted for you.
                So then, when you gather together, it is not the Lord’s Supper you eat?
                So then, my brothers and sisters, when you gather to eat, you should all eat together. 1 Corinthians 11:33

For we all share the one loaf. 1 Cor 10:16-17

Comment

The translation, "having a spirit of divination" doesn't really convey the complete picture. This woman wasn't practicing occult divination as we understand it today. The Greek word translated as divination is Πύθωνα, Pythōna (Strong's 4436). The Pythona, or Pythoness, was the Oracle at Delphi. She spoke forth mysteries under inspiration which were then interpreted by the priests. Several ideas have been put forth as to the source of her inspiration but nothing conclusive has ever been determined. One thing is certain—she was acting by an unclean spirit.

The name Pythoness derives from Putho, the original name of Delphi according to legend. Also from the legend of Python—the serpent/dragon—who was slain by Apollo. This woman wasn't actually the Pythoness at Delphi but was acting by the same evil spirit.

Recall the demon who tried to expose Jesus as the Messiah before his time had come. He was telling the truth, but Jesus rebuked him for it was neither the time nor place to reveal Himself. In other words, though the demon was speaking the truth, his motives were wrong; what he was doing was not authorized.

Paul rightly discerned the woman had an unclean spirit and when he commanded it to go, it went. I suspect part of the reason he became so annoyed with her—and her owners—is because they had attached themselves to his ministry and it was interfering with his ability to teach the truth. They were also using Paul to make a name—and money—for themselves.
                  Love is patient, love is kind. . .

Comment

Originally posted by ]=jake2020 View Post
                    Priscilla and Aquila were co-workers in the ministry of Christ. It's really not that hard to comprehend mickey.
                    Even though they worked together, I believe they worked separately. Man with husband and wife with wife. 1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Comment

Even though they worked together, I believe they worked separately. Man with husband and wife with wife.
                      What was Apollos' wife's name again?
                      Your entitled to your opinion Mick.

For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you, 5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power,
                      with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction.Thessalonians 1:

Comment

What was Apollos' wife's name again?
                        Your entitled to your opinion Mick.

For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you, 5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power,
                        with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction.Thessalonians 1:
                        Maybe you'll know. I do not find the so-called power you speak of. You talk in circles and try to make a statement to justify your view. You are not using the doctrine of Christ that was passed on to Paul.

Comment

Maybe you'll know. I do not find the so-called power you speak of.
                          That's obvious:
                          Warnings Against Denying the Son
                          They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; 1 John 2:18-19
                          You talk in circles and try to make a statement to justify your view.
                          On the contrary, I'm a straight shooter.
                          Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace ...Rom 5
                          You are not using the doctrine of Christ that was passed on to Paul.
                          Actually, I agree with Peter, Paul and Mary:

They killed him by hanging him on a cross, But God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen....He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. 43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.” 44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. Acts 10

Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received...by which you are saved,...
                          For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day...and appeared to [many] 1 Cor 15

He Has Risen
                          Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: “I have seen the Lord!” John 20

Comment

That's obvious:
                            Warnings Against Denying the Son
                            They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; 1 John 2:18-19
                            Many go out, without denying Christ. The problem is; bringing in your own teachings.

On the contrary, I'm a straight shooter.
                            Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace ...Rom 5
                            I think it is best for me when the Holy Spirit does the shooting in love.

Comment

Many go out, without denying Christ. The problem is; bringing in your own teachings.
                              Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15

I think it is best for me when the Holy Spirit does the shooting in love.
                              Jesus Prays for All Believers
                              20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. John 17

Comment

Working...
                              X