Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apologetics, the next time an atheist tells you that religion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologetics, the next time an atheist tells you that religion...

...has caused the most deaths in world history, tell them the following:

Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, the North Korean trifecta, Castro, etc. murdered tens of millions. Oceans of blood and mountains of dead bodies, that was atheism's gift to humanity in the 20th century. People of faith can't come remotely close to such numbers.

Originally posted by K9Buck View Post
    ...has caused the most deaths in world history, tell them the following:

Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, the North Korean trifecta, Castro, etc. murdered tens of millions. Oceans of blood and mountains of dead bodies, that was atheism's gift to humanity in the 20th century. People of faith can't come remotely close to such numbers.
    If an atheist, then a materialist. If a materialist, then there is no "causal agency". By donning humans and their ideology as a causal agency, they are actually knocking the foundation out from under themselves. It takes a smart atheist to understand that though.
    Watchinginawe

I Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Comment

Originally posted by watchinginawe View Post

If an atheist, then a materialist. If a materialist, then there is no "causal agency". By donning humans and their ideology as a causal agency, they are actually knocking the foundation out from under themselves. It takes a smart atheist to understand that though.
      First cause is an issue for sure. I am not sure a person can really be an atheist without admitting it is a position of faith. And even then, are they really atheist deep down?
      Matt 9:13
      13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
      NASU

Comment

While we're at it, I will take a gander that the Las Vegas was an atheist. The brother's shooter said his brother wasn't religious at all. My guess is that he was an angry, bitter atheist who wanted to die and who wanted to cause as much pain to the world that caused him so much pain, or so he thought.

Comment

Scripturally, there are no "atheists." There are those who are believers and those who are unbelievers. Unbelievers who call/designate/identify themselves "an atheist," are actually verifying they believe in God by willful resistance to God in their personal attempt to identify themselves opposed from something they believe does not exist.
          Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Working...
          X