No announcement yet.

Do You Regularly Attend Church?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayless Conley threatened to ram a two-edged sword down my throat and throw me under a train.

He also asked, "where is the nearest train station?"

They all kicked me out. They just lock the doors.

I have perfect knowledge of the entire Holy Bible. Any questions?

Kevin Silva

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Brents

For what reason were you kicked out?
      Hey Doug, Kevin is not a member of the forum any longer. Under his name is the word, "guest" meaning he's been banned from this forum.
      --
      Slug1--out

~John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

During the virus in summer, the church I attend meets in a park for the social distancing.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post
          We generally attend weekly.
          I did until Covid. I will go back when they stop the non sense. I dont like stupid rules that are put in place based on emotion and not fact based practicality.

Comment

Before COVID, weekly.
            This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Comment

I haven't had a home church for a long time. But my faith has not wavered.

Comment

All the churches in my area teach false doctrine so, no.

I'm still able to have fellowship with other believers though

But, the BEST fellowship to have is with the Father thru His Word by the Holy Ghost!

Comment

Originally posted by James C View Post
                  All the churches in my area teach false doctrine so, no.

I'm still able to have fellowship with other believers though

But, the BEST fellowship to have is with the Father thru His Word by the Holy Ghost!
                  Hey James, I appreciate your thoughts.

This is one of the things I struggle with most. God has ordained the church as His means of continuing grace on His body and I'd like nothing more than to find a church body to be a part of.

However, the snag for me is false doctrine. Every single church I've been to, or researched, teaches some kind of false doctrine. I feel that if I participate I'm giving my approval to something I know is false or compromised. I don't know what to do about this. I know no one's perfect, and no one person has the whole unvarnished truth; if someone claims to it's probably a cult. But I can't seem to get past the issue of feeling like I'm approving of false doctrine if I participate.
                  Love is patient, love is kind...

Comment

Originally posted by pdun459 View Post

Hey James, I appreciate your thoughts.

This is one of the things I struggle with most. God has ordained the church as His means of continuing grace on His body and I'd like nothing more than to find a church body to be a part of.

However, the snag for me is false doctrine. Every single church I've been to, or researched, teaches some kind of false doctrine. I feel that if I participate I'm giving my approval to something I know is false or compromised. I don't know what to do about this. I know no one's perfect, and no one person has the whole unvarnished truth; if someone claims to it's probably a cult. But I can't seem to get past the issue of feeling like I'm approving of false doctrine if I participate.
                    A salvic related doctrine that is heretical or debative doctrines that are not salvic?

Examples: OSAS/NOSAS or there is a Rapture of the Body before the Tribulation begins, there is not a Rapture before the Tribulation begins, Tribulation was in the past, the Tribulation is future, we've been living in the Millennial Kingdom since the Tribulation in the past and is Spiritual in nature, the Millennial Kingdom will follow the Tribulation in the future and is both physical (Christ physically on the earth) and Spiritual. I can raise more if need be.

Asking because while some doctrine will ALWAYS differ, many are not salvic nor heretical.

I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit and have experienced the gifts in FULL operation. Presently, I'm now told by God to serve in a church where many in the congregation are cessationists, some are not. I believe the NOSAS doctrine is aligned with scripture and the denomination of the church where God has me serving, is OSAS. However, many in the church are NOSAS. Some are premillennialists and some are amillennialists. This church is thriving, well.... beginning to thrive. There was a serious divisional storm going on as we were led to begin serving and due to my experiences in the past with church division, I understand this is "a" reason God moved my wife and I to this new church. As a matter of fact, this month on the 23rd is 2 years attending and as I mentioned, beginning to thrive. Some tough moments over the last 2 years.

Point being. I've spoken with many who are SO fundamentalist in their doctrine that if they are oh, cessationists, OSAS, premillennialists and they find a church that expressed ALL the love of Christ but see that a tenet of the church doctrine is that they are amilennialists... that church is deemed FALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSE and will NEVER step near the church nor acknowledge membership of that church, as brethren. I'm being honest.

Oh, lets not raise KJVO. I know brethren who literally curse churches that read from any other translation because only FALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSE churches use translations other than the KJV. I try to reason love and understanding with such brethren but hey, while I "own" a KJV translation, that translation is not my goto Bible (I don't preach from the KJ translation) and thus... seems I'm only tolerated :-) But, I am always there to offer help/love/counsel and I can see how they struggle to receive/accept help from me.

I fully understand heresy and should a church be heretical, a true false teacher leading them... yes, avoid them.
                    --
                    Slug1--out

~John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Notice what it says in Revelation 2:20-23:

"But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols. I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality. Behold, I will throw her onto a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her I will throw into great tribulation, unless they repent of her works, and I will strike her children dead."

Those who participate in Jezebel's false teaching will also be held accountable.

"I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them."—Romans 16:16

I never agreed with Van Impe on much, but this is one thing he always said that has stuck with me.

The more I think about this the more I'm sure I'm on the right track. Scripture teaches us to avoid those who teach false doctrine; it's frustrating though because there's so much of it about these days. The leadership should be the ones calling out the laity for teaching false doctrine; but it's an unfortunate commentary on our times that the laity have to be the ones calling out the leadership.

Found a great article on this subject: https://www.neverthirsty.org/bible-q...of-the-church/
                      Love is patient, love is kind...

Comment

Originally posted by pdun459 View Post
                        Notice what it says in Revelation 2:20-23:

"But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols. I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality. Behold, I will throw her onto a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her I will throw into great tribulation, unless they repent of her works, and I will strike her children dead."

Those who participate in Jezebel's false teaching will also be held accountable.

"I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them."—Romans 16:16

I never agreed with Van Impe on much, but this is one thing he always said that has stuck with me.

The more I think about this the more I'm sure I'm on the right track. Scripture teaches us to avoid those who teach false doctrine; it's frustrating though because there's so much of it about these days. The leadership should be the ones calling out the laity for teaching false doctrine; but it's an unfortunate commentary on our times that the laity have to be the ones calling out the leadership.

Found a great article on this subject: https://www.neverthirsty.org/bible-q...of-the-church/
                        You mention Van Impe and I can understand because interpretation of endtimes scriptures that he's express, well... some, I cannot align/divide with other scripture either in support or verification. I find it too easy to refute with aligning/dividing with other scriptures.

Point being... when any such "pastor" is to preach about Christ, witness Christ, etc and all such teaching IS aligned with scripture... then such a person is NOT a false teacher because "other" doctrine such as endtimes is not a doctrine one's agrees with. False teaching falls under salvic related teaching ie the Gospel and Christ.

We ALL don't agree with MANY non-salvic topics and to say, I'm not attending that church because they are amillennialist, but that church is SPOT-ON with preaching Christ, shining His love and light. By dropping that amillennialist (or premillenialist) card AGAINST a church, in effort to never step inside a church and be the body PART the Holy Spirit has empowered you to be in the church Body you're led too... well, God will never want you isolated from His Body. This means there are only two other culprits leading one to never attend church. Of the two culprits, only one truly desires to isolate Christians from the Body.

When I hear brethren say they CAN'T find a church... all I find is that one of two culprits is being listened too because God has designated ALL brethren to be "some" body part in a church somewhere and either the person resists.

I said this in another thread and I'll say it here now, when Christ returns, He's returning for His church, His Body, His Bride. So when anyone says NO church is Biblical... we ALL know that they are deceived by a lie. Christ's Bride is FULLY active in each and every town and we know this is true because Christ isn't returning to find an empty church.

However, as more and more isolate themselves and they are NOT obedient in serving in whatever Body part position Christ has designated, then when He does return, the Bride will be less.

I will check out the article this weekend.
                        --
                        Slug1--out

Comment

I just happened to see this online and thought of this thread. No author listed so I can't credit it to anyone:

I’ve never found one pastor or teacher I’ve agreed with 100%. Nope...not even one.
                          That doesn’t make them a heretic, wolf, or false teacher. It simply means we see things differently.
                          And that’s okay.
                          AND • THATS • OKAY
                          If it wasn’t - I would have a serious pride issue.
                          Cause here’s a SHOCKER....maybe I’m the one who’s wrong?
                          AND EITHER WAY - THERE’S GRACE FOR THAT
                          Pssssst....God isn’t mad because you’re studying His word and get something wrong. He also isn’t mad if THEY get something wrong. GOD MADE US BOTH HUMAN and Heaven rejoices that we’re seeking!
                          Read your Bible.
                          Study for yourself with Holy Spirit.
                          Dont part ways over secondary issues.
                          Don’t run from your church because they say one or two things you don’t agree with.
                          Do we really think the apostles agreed on everything?
                          Highly doubtful - but they agreed on THE ESSENTIALS.
                          SALVATION ISSUES.
                          That’s my PSA for the day.
                          --
                          Slug1--out

Comment

Working...
                          X