Meat and bone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meat and bone.

There is the saying, that says; eat the meat, but throw away the bones. After all, everyone knows that we cannot accept all writing as canonical when writing about myths in particular. I see that mythology is drawn into eschatology to answer prophecy. There is a difference between divine utterances and carnal utterances. We also see the difference with Nebuchadnezzar's dream versus Daniel's dream. Nebuchadnezzar dreamed a carnal dream, with a spiritual meaning regarding the end time, Daniel had to explain to him. Where Daniel received the divine dream from heaven and explanation by an angel. Many saints resort to myths rather than Holy Spirit inspiration. Has it not been conveyed to us that the Holy Spirit is our teacher? It would be better to first make good study which is a time-consuming event, before we want to declare anything canonical.

Originally posted by angelmike View Post
    There is the saying, that says; eat the meat, but throw away the bones. After all, everyone knows that we cannot accept all writing as canonical when writing about myths in particular. I see that mythology is drawn into eschatology to answer prophecy. There is a difference between divine utterances and carnal utterances. We also see the difference with Nebuchadnezzar's dream versus Daniel's dream. Nebuchadnezzar dreamed a carnal dream, with a spiritual meaning regarding the end time, Daniel had to explain to him. Where Daniel received the divine dream from heaven and explanation by an angel. Many saints resort to myths rather than Holy Spirit inspiration. Has it not been conveyed to us that the Holy Spirit is our teacher? It would be better to first make good study which is a time-consuming event, before we want to declare anything canonical.
    Can ya elaborate what you mean, "declared anything canonical?" God speaks through prophets and people today and while it IS God, what God says is not "canonical." BY the inspired Word that IS canonical... one can utilize God's Word to discern what is spoken today as led "by" God (is it true of God or not), because as we all know, isn't always God. Always three spirits in action 1) human spirit, 2) demonic spirit 3) Holy Spirit. God's given us His Word and specific gifts of the Holy Spirit to discern what "spirit" is leading one's words.
    Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post

Can ya elaborate what you mean, "declared anything canonical?" God speaks through prophets and people today and while it IS God, what God says is not "canonical." BY the inspired Word that IS canonical... one can utilize God's Word to discern what is spoken today as led "by" God (is it true of God or not), because as we all know, isn't always God. Always three spirits in action 1) human spirit, 2) demonic spirit 3) Holy Spirit. God's given us His Word and specific gifts of the Holy Spirit to discern what "spirit" is leading one's words.
      Answers are not sought from mythology to explain revelation. Revelation was given to prophets as you say, but not all are prophets. Ignorance brings confusion and causes chaos.

Comment

Answers are not sought from mythology to explain revelation. Revelation was given to prophets as you say, but not all are prophets. Ignorance brings confusion and causes chaos.
        Prophecy before or after the Canon concluded what is today, The Word of God? Meaning... are you talking about using mythology to illuminate the meaning of prophecies given throughout Scripture (The Canon), or using mythology to illuminate stuff spoken AFTER (prophecy NOT in the Bible), the Canon concluded what is the Word of God that we have today?
        Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Prophecy before or after the Canon concluded what is today, The Word of God? Meaning... are you talking about using mythology to illuminate the meaning of prophecies given throughout Scripture (The Canon), or using mythology to illuminate stuff spoken AFTER (prophecy NOT in the Bible), the Canon concluded what is the Word of God that we have today?
          Mythology is pagan worship. Attached garbled evil inspiration that has nothing to do with revelation explanation. We are led and inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Comment

1) I see that mythology is drawn into eschatology to answer prophecy.

2) It would be better to first make good study which is a time-consuming event, before we want to declare anything canonical.
            Since you do not seem to get what I am asking, I will focus.

What do you mean by the two statements you made in your OP?

What does it mean to "draw mythology" into eschatology to answer prophecy...?

Declare "what" canonical and specifically, what does "canonical," mean? Asking because the Word of God is closed and nothing more can be determined to "be" canonical.

Now, we know God still speaks but this is not for the purpose of adding to the Word of God. He speaks because He is God and is still guiding, correcting and warning... mankind.

Slug1--out

Comment

I would be interested to know your basis for maintaining that Nebuchadnezzar's dream was carnal. I would have thought that such a dream, with such an import, and a dream to be interpreted by an inspired Daniel, would have come from God. From Chapter 2 to 7 the language used was the official language of the Gentile world power. It seems to me that God was telling the greatest Gentile king things concerning his kingdom in his language, and that Daniel was just the interpreter.

Comment

Originally posted by Walls View Post

I would be interested to know your basis for maintaining that Nebuchadnezzar's dream was carnal. I would have thought that such a dream, with such an import, and a dream to be interpreted by an inspired Daniel, would have come from God. From Chapter 2 to 7 the language used was the official language of the Gentile world power. It seems to me that God was telling the greatest Gentile king things concerning his kingdom in his language, and that Daniel was just the interpreter.
                Hooah! Agreed on how the dream was given in a "way" Nebuchadnezzar would understand.

In the past, one time a prophet spoke into my life and after they were done speaking, they asked me what some of the words meant. This person had ZERO military experience but spoke in terms that Soldier's speak. To me, I understood what God was saying, the person God chose to speak through, did not. Quite interesting how God works. In the past, I've prayed requesting of God that when He is to speak or show me something, to do it in a language I fully understand and He's spoken several times in ways that a "Commander" would speak to a Soldier in His charge.
                Slug1--out

Comment

Hooah! Agreed on how the dream was given in a "way" Nebuchadnezzar would understand.

In the past, one time a prophet spoke into my life and after they were done speaking, they asked me what some of the words meant. This person had ZERO military experience but spoke in terms that Soldier's speak. To me, I understood what God was saying, the person God chose to speak through, did not. Quite interesting how God works. In the past, I've prayed requesting of God that when He is to speak or show me something, to do it in a language I fully understand and He's spoken several times in ways that a "Commander" would speak to a Soldier in His charge.
                  Another encouraging point of Nebuchadnezzar's dream is that it proves that Satan cannot tell our thoughts. If he could, he would have told his wizards what was on Nebuchadnezzar's mind as he asked them. Only the great Creator knows what is in the minds of his creatures - and was able to tell Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by Walls View Post

Another encouraging point of Nebuchadnezzar's dream is that it proves that Satan cannot tell our thoughts. If he could, he would have told his wizards what was on Nebuchadnezzar's mind as he asked them. Only the great Creator knows what is in the minds of his creatures - and was able to tell Daniel.
                    Amen. This is why I tell people that when they are praying for specifics with God, never pray out loud. That way when an answer comes, from God Himself or through another person who God is using, discerning God in the answer is quite identifiable.
                    Slug1--out

Comment

Amen. This is why I tell people that when they are praying for specifics with God, never pray out loud. That way when an answer comes, from God Himself or through another person who God is using, discerning God in the answer is quite identifiable.
                      I realize that once spoken, the Devil was, and is, is a position, to hear it, or hear of it through familiar spirits. But if one was to ask God something and it came to pass, does not God get the glory in any case? This, I judge, is exactly what Satan does not want. He wants the glory for himself. Will he then be party to fulfilling your prayer? I doubt it.

But ... we could also say that maybe the prayer you asked will not do you good. Supposing the prayer is that one might win the lottery. We know from statistics that well over 90% of people who win a lottery destroy themselves within 10 years of winning. We might say that Satan lets you win the lottery to destroy you, but it is still God that allows it or not. There is one good aspect of winning lottery. You are made a steward of a great resource. It presents an OPPORTUNITY for your training as a future king. If you squander it on yourself you have proven to God and men that you would have been a selfish and self-seeking king when Christ made you one, and so you are disqualified from being made "ruler over all His goods" (Matt.24:47). If however, you manage the money judiciously with self-denial and prayer to the advantage of others, the lottery win turns to your spiritual advantage. Either way, the Lord wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X