Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you get sick by being inside the church (aka holy place)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you get sick by being inside the church (aka holy place)?

Here are 3 different places:

1) There is a place where, people believe they must trust God that he will not let them contract COVID-19 because they are in the church, a holy place. That is why that community does not wear masks and tells people to take off their masks.

2) I also know another place, where people wear masks because it's a policy and do not participate in communion because they don't want to get sick (from touching the cup or spoon).

3) I also know another place, where people wear masks because they don't want to get sick but still take communion because it's a silver spoon, and that keeps off the germs, and also because they believe they cannot get sick as it's his body and blood (representation, but still).

Here are my questions:

1. Do you think place #1 is doing the right thing by trusting and not wearing masks?
    2. Do you think place #3 is doing the right thing by trusting that they cannot get sick by participating in the communion part itself?
    3. Do you think place #2 is doing the right thing by being careful and believing God is mostly an observer, or is this an indication that they weak in their faith?

I know this is your opinion.
    I want to ask for your opinion anyway.
    Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by Intrigued View Post

1) There is a place where, people believe they must trust God that he will not let them contract COVID-19 because they are in the church, a holy place. That is why that community does not wear masks and tells people to take off their masks.

2) I also know another place, where people wear masks because it's a policy and do not participate in communion because they don't want to get sick (from touching the cup or spoon).

3) I also know another place, where people wear masks because they don't want to get sick but still take communion because it's a silver spoon, and that keeps off the germs, and also because they believe they cannot get sick as it's his body and blood (representation, but still).

Here are my questions:

1. Do you think place #1 is doing the right thing by trusting and not wearing masks?
    2. Do you think place #3 is doing the right thing by trusting that they cannot get sick by participating in the communion part itself?
    3. Do you think place #2 is doing the right thing by being careful and believing God is mostly an observer, or is this an indication that they weak in their faith?

Thank you in advance.
    There are tons of crazy religious people. They are easy to spot, most have no common sense.

Comment

Here are my questions:

Thank you in advance.
      [1] If a church says that they will not contract Covid-19 from each other if they are inside the church - that God will protect them, that is NOT Biblical. That is tempting God. That's the EXACT same thing as saying "I'm going to cross the street without looking because I am a Christian and God will protect me." God does protect us and yet he STILL desires us to respect the laws of nature, physics, gravity, and more. God created these laws. If a person is sick and sneezing/coughing/struggling to breath and you sit next to them - you stand a great chance of getting sick, too!!

[2-3] As far as I know - silver does not exempt anything from germs. Some in my church wear masks, many do not. To teach his own beliefs and feelings and protection of loved ones at home susceptible. My church has not practiced communion since we've come back from closures.

sigpic
      ".....it's your nickel"

Comment

>snip<

Can you get sick by being inside the church (aka holy place)?
        Yes.

A great lesson on this is in Acts 23. Paul could have been "religious" and after hearing of the danger, thought or said, "God will keep me from being killed." And traveled as planned. But he didn't, he dialed 911 and reported the danger to the authorities and then DID as he was told in order to be protected.
        --
        Slug1--out

~John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by jayne View Post

[1] If a church says that they will not contract Covid-19 from each other if they are inside the church - that God will protect them, that is NOT Biblical. That is tempting God. That's the EXACT same thing as saying "I'm going to cross the street without looking because I am a Christian and God will protect me." God does protect us and yet he STILL desires us to respect the laws of nature, physics, gravity, and more. God created these laws. If a person is sick and sneezing/coughing/struggling to breath and you sit next to them - you stand a great chance of getting sick, too!!

[2-3] As far as I know - silver does not exempt anything from germs. Some in my church wear masks, many do not. To teach his own beliefs and feelings and protection of loved ones at home susceptible. My church has not practiced communion since we've come back from closures.
          Thank you for replying to me. I really liked your reply. I thought about it some more, but I think it's not good to compare the street with the church. Isn't that place holy? Doesn't that set it apart?

Comment

Thank you for replying to me. I really liked your reply. I thought about it some more, but I think it's not good to compare the street with the church. Isn't that place holy? Doesn't that set it apart?
            Not the place, but the Body of Christ within it is set apart, each person is given a measure of faith, so to the question of wearing protection, I feel like that should be a personal decision
            It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

Working...
            X