Best Ways to Witness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Best Ways to Witness?

In your opinion, what is the best way to witness to non-believers? There's a poll but detailed answers would be really great as well. Also - I know a lot of people probably use more than one tactic, but just choose the poll answer that describes what you do most or best.
    Pray for them, but don't approach them
    3.70%
    Wear Christian symbols/messages to make them think
    0.00%
    Distribute tracks or brochures
    3.70%
    Give away Bibles or Bible study materials
    0.00%
    Preach at anti-Christian events or abortion clinics
    0.00%
    Street preach/hold up signs or crosses
    0.00%
    Advertise your church and hope they give it a try
    0.00%
    Hold events for non-believers, like NB Bible study
    0.00%
    Strike up conversations about faith with strangers
    11.11%
    Have debates/discussions about faith with friends
    14.81%
    Invite people to church or special events
    11.11%
    Go door-to-door preaching and sharing the faith
    0.00%
    Go on missions trips
    7.41%
    Something else
    44.44%
    Nothing
    3.70%

Hi I put something else because to me it depends on the relationship you have with them already...I go slow with people I know..ease into a convo...then watch for any tension ..if I feel it I lighten it up and go back to it at another time...Like small doses ....To people I don't know....if I know they are not believers I try to be at my best so I show Christ within me...asking them to church would be good too..I don't think I would hit strangers up with a bunch of scripture...I always pray for them..

Comment

Something else: Let your life speak for itself, and when conversation naturally creates an opening to share something relevant and useful, do so.

Comment

Those are really good answers!

Comment

I think the best way is to lead by example. For example, my main form is witnessing is through a local Christian youth charity that I founded and currently manage. We raise education money for local underprivileged children to help them afford school supplies, private school fees and college tuition. The program has really blossomed; in three years we have raised around $29,000 which is being split between six young students. A lot of students at my school are interested in joining even if they are not Christian, so that is how we get a lot of them involved. Then we invite them to other church charity projects and fun events to try to get them involved and interested.
          Female. 17. Thinking hard about Christ.

Comment

I try to reflect Christ in the way I live. I have non-Christian friends, but it is no secret to them that I'm a Christian. When it's appropriate, I freely discuss my faith with them, tell them I'm praying for them, talk about my church or what I'm reading in the Bible, etc--not to push Christ down their throat, but because we're friends and those are the kinds of things friends talk about. They love me and I love them, and when God gives me opportunities to share him more deeply, I try to take them.

I've found that if I ask God for opportunities to share my faith, he gives them to me.

Comment

Originally posted by thestarofthesea View Post
              In your opinion, what is the best way to witness to non-believers? There's a poll but detailed answers would be really great as well. Also - I know a lot of people probably use more than one tactic, but just choose the poll answer that describes what you do most or best.
              "The best sermon is one that is lived, not preached."

I read this on the sign in front of a small Baptist church once, and it makes me think the same about witnessing....it works when we live it. Merely saying things to others is not nearly as effective as demonstrating it firsthand.

Just a thought...
              "If we come to know only the Book and fail to come to know God through the Book, then we have failed...and God's purpose for the Book has been defeated."

Comment

There's many aspects to witnessing. Without going into too much detail:

1) Living the life - in some ways, our lives are to be the best evidence of the existence of God. If our lives don't reflect the Gospel, what we say doesn't matter.

2) Speak from the heart - how many of us had to take a class on how to talk to people about our life or about our favorite football team? How many of us need to be coached on social interaction? If Christ is supreme in your life then you should speak about Him to people when the opportunity arises.

3) Don't rush it - build a relationship with the person. Don't expect them to "turn or burn" at that moment. It could take days, weeks, months, or even years. Just take your time and deal with their problems as they arise.

4) Don't argue with them - debate has its place in apologetic discussions and as pre-evangelism, but apologetics isn't evangelism. Apologetics deals with the intellect and the intellect alone. Though the intellect is necessary in conversion, it isn't sufficient. One also needs the heart involved, which is what the Gospel brings.

Comment

Me voted "other", me lives me belief. Me never begins to tell about Jesus, peoples always ask me, if me will tell about Him doing in me life. But me isn't telling others what they should do... Me only tells the way me wants to live, and why. Me thinks other peoples can choose for themselves. First no one over here wanted something to do with Jesus, now they're christians themselves. Me is very thankful for that, cauzz me knows Jesus was the One Who did it.

Mmmhh... me talks to much yes?

Comment

Most of the time, I have conversations with strangers, yet often they are the ones that have started it.

I am careful to pay attention to the promptings of the Holy Spirit to "go stand next to" as he prompted Phillip do to with the eunuch.

Those are often the most fruitfull conversations, when I make myself available and put myself in position. . .

Chris.
                    Pastor Chris
                    EvangelismCoach.org

Comment

::goes back to her pre-Christ days::

What's the best way to reach me? Be My Friend. Get to know me. Gain My Trust. Demonstrate the love of God to me by taking intrest in my life. Spend Time With Me. Illustrate the relationship we're supposed to have with God by building one. Love Me. And when I come to Christ...teach me.

A year ago, so one said they loved me and it still rings in my head.
                      Romans 8:11

Comment

The best way to witness? With words.

No one in the bible EVER relationship evangelized.

"For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost." Luke 19:10

Comment

1. Pray.
                          2. Live the example.
                          3. Share your testimony.
                          4. Be open to the opportunities God places in your way.

Comment

Putting on my ex-witch hat:

- Don't treat me like an enemy. Take the time to get to know me; you have to earn the right to be listened to by me. If you're a stranger accosting me aggressively (thinks of one hideous example), I am going to call the police on you, especially if you do it on a lonely railway platform, and you're a guy and I'm a gal. I was scared of him because he was a ranting hyperventilating nutter; he was scared of me because I was wearing a pentagram and minding my own business.

Comment

along those lines it's time for a quick cliche. "they don't care how much you know till they know how much you care"
                              Christianity is a leap of faith, not the abandonment of logic.

Comment

Working...
                              X