Just wanted to brag for a moment....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to brag for a moment....

Just pondering on our church service today, and I felt I needed to take a few minutes to ‘brag’ on my church. Bragging isn’t wrong, unless it’s about yourself. The bible says in Proverbs 27:2, Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.”

We have a little 6 yr old boy in our church who was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor in 2006. Over the last two years, he has gone thru 2 surgeries, chemotherapy, gamma knife & experimental drug treatments. He has since developed more tumors on his brainstem and spine. His face is paralyzed on the right side. I know that all who are reading this are thinking, ‘that poor little boy’, and that’s true. It’s easy to feel sorry for him and his family. They have been thru incredible struggles, but this family is different. Instead of dwelling on how bad the situation is, they have taken a health reversal and turned it into something good. This little boy’s grandpa decided to start a ministry in his name, called Andrewman Ministries. Little Andrew loves superheros, and has become a superhero to many people. This ministry was established to help families of children that are chronically or terminally ill. A lot of families need help filling in the gaps for insurance co-pays, deductibles, loss of income due to hospital stays & doctor appointments, and not to mention the cost of gas to get back and forth to the hospital for treatments. So far they have given out over $5000 to families in need. However, the money is not the only purpose of this ministry. Every family that is assisted also gets to hear the Gospel.

I say all that to say this….yesterday a fundraiser was held for Andrewman Ministries (www.andrewmanministries.org). Our church parking lot was turned into a ‘fairgrounds’ of sorts, with stage entertainment, games, food, but most importantly, a booth called ‘Salvation Station’. Anyone that wanted to know more about how to be saved could speak with our Asst. Pastor one on one. As a result, 13 people bowed their heads yesterday and accepted Christ as their Savior. All because of a little boy that has brain tumors. It brings to mind the verse, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28. God can take something that seems so tragic and ‘ungood’ in our eyes, and bring good out of it. Our pastor took little Andrew up on stage and said, “You know Andrew, when we get to heaven we get new bodies. Aren’t you ready to get a new body?” and he said, “Yes sir I am!”. Eternal perspective…from a 6 yr old!
    The sermon in church today was from Revelation chapter 3, where Jesus is commending the church at Philadelphia, 1 of only 2 churches that were commended. He says in verse 8, “I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.” Our pastor noted that over 250 people have taken our Soul Winning class and now actively witness. He made all the people who were saved as a result of our church stand…then he made all the people who got back into their race as a result of our church to stand. Over of the church was standing at that point. Astounding…humbling…amazing. God is so good. He went on to point out how God has used a ‘po-dunk hollar’ church in Cash, Tx to make such an impact for time and eternity. Verse 8 of Revelation 3 is why.

1) We have a little strength
    2)We have kept His Word
    3)We have not denied His name

I am just honored beyond words to be part of such a unique church. I’m honored to serve amongst people who love God first and just want to do His Work by reaching the lost. I’m honored to be under such awesome leadership, men who are faithful to teach and live out the Word of God, and who have risen to the call of the Great Commission. I hope that anyone out there reading this would take a moment to thank God for their local church. Thank God for their leadership. If you don’t attend a church you feel has lived up to the standards of Rev 3:8, that you pray for revival in your church.

Brag away! Paul bragged about other churches in his letters, so I think it's biblical!

This is an excellent story. A wonderful salvation has come on your community. I pray for many more new brothers and sisters in Texas and I look forward to seeing them in glory.

Praise God.
    Jesus Christ....who do you say He is?

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

Comment

Working...
    X