What about my friends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about my friends?

Quick question, i know this might not be the right section, but I've got quite a few friends who aren't Christian, some are Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Even Agnostic. What I'm trying to say is many of my friends have different religions, and well... Are their religions right too?
    Will i see them in heaven one day?
    One thing I've noticed with their religions, is that none of them follow The Son of God like we do, does that make them wrong? Or do all of those religions leaders connect us to the same God?

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

so what does that mean, i'll never see them again?

Comment

Most of my friends are agnostic. There's nothing wrong with having friends outside the faith, but don't EVER sacrifice your integrity or righteousness to maintain those friendships. For example... I walked out of a friend's bachelor party because there was too much drunkenness and the had arranged some strippers. They didn't understand, or even agree with my taking the moral high ground... and only years later did they see it for truth.

Because they're your friends, you'll feel pressure to be as they are, and think how they think. As long as you can stay strong and true to your faith there shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

i give you LOTS of respect for leaving. But the thing is, i don't want to become any other religion at all, Christianity makes the most sense to me... It's just, Suppose we all get into heaven one day, Will my friends be there? Because how can it be heaven if my friends aren't there you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin121121 View Post
            i give you LOTS of respect for leaving. But the thing is, i don't want to become any other religion at all, Christianity makes the most sense to me... It's just, Suppose we all get into heaven one day, Will my friends be there? Because how can it be heaven if my friends aren't there you know?
            Eyes have not seen nor ears heard what's in store in heaven. Whole new reality.

But let me ask you this... if it DID come down to your friends or your Lord, which would you pick? (Don't answer that here... just think about it). Sure, your friends won't necessarily pose it to you like that... but at the end of your life if you audited your actions, would more things end up on the side of "I'm doing this for my friends" or would more line up with "I'm doing this for God".

Comment

Funny thing, i was actually thinking that before i read your reply, and OF COURSE without a Doubt it'd be God. And it's awesome to think of how great Heaven would be. I guess it just all ties down to me being confused about Why I'm here of all people you know?

Comment

Funny thing, i was actually thinking that before i read your reply, and OF COURSE without a Doubt it'd be God.
                I'm glad you have that confidence. For me... it keeps me up at night wondering. Remember that "deciding for God" isn't always a single monumental choice where the world says "its God or us". Sometimes its a long, long list of tiny, seemingly meaningless decisions.

Originally posted by OneTime View Post
                I guess it just all ties down to me being confused about Why I'm here of all people you know?
                Not sure I get ya.

Comment

There's a saying that goes we're going to be surprised who we find in Heaven ... and we're going to surprised who we don't find, after all it's said and done. No, it's not in the Bible.

But, I know that God is able to save, especially those we think He's forgotten all about.

Pray for your friends. They deserve to know Jesus like you know Him, don't you think?

Comment

Justin121121, I'm soooo glad to hear you say, without a doubt!!!! Stand steadfast in your faith at all times. Don't let anything change how you feel about God, the Father, the Son and the Holy GHost!!!!

John 14:6 says it best in answer to your question about your friends. Try to witness to them as much as you can...Pray about it and the Lord will open the door for you to do so. When the opportunity arises, take it. Be BOLD and COURAGEOUS!!!!
                    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Quick question, i know this might not be the right section, but I've got quite a few friends who aren't Christian, some are Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Even Agnostic. What I'm trying to say is many of my friends have different religions, and well... Are their religions right too?
                      One thing I've noticed with their religions, is that none of them follow The Son of God like we do, does that make them wrong? Or do all of those religions leaders connect us to the same God?
                      I agree with what the other posters have said...

I wonder if God has put you into your friends' lives for a reason.....

Comment

so what does that mean, i'll never see them again?
                        Don't rule out the possibility that God will save them. Pray for them. He can save people from extremely anti Christian backgrounds. (I'm a case in point, ex witch here.)

And you ask, how could it be heaven without your friends. How could it be heaven if it was full of people who hated God? God in His mercy gives us a season to repent, but that door closes on all of us one day. If they don't love Him now, how can they love Him after death? I never understood before I was Christian... but before I knew God through His son Jesus, I never wanted to be with Him. If I didn't want to be with Him, He's not going to have me in heaven, is He?

Just pray for your friends, and ask God to keep opening their hearts, through whatever means He chooses. Whatever He does is right, and we'll understand it one day.
                        Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

As it stands right now: no, they won't be in Heaven. That's why you need to tell them about Christ, so that they do start following the true, living God (Jesus Christ). Christianity is the only religion that is the full truth - we don't all follow the same God (in fact the gods of these religions - except for Buddhism, which is atheistic - are very different gods).

Tell them about Christianity and practice what you preach. Don't be overwhelming, but do realize you have a responsibility to tell them about the Gospel (and then let God work on their hearts).

Comment

I know it's hard to imagine heaven without your friends....but Jesus is not a liar. He said He is the only way. That is why it's so important for you to present the Gospel to your friends so they can be saved.

Comment

Hi Justine,

Well you know if your friends live according to the light God has shed round about them or that they have access to, you know what I mean, if they are in peace with God and have sought the truth, then probably God would led them now or afterwards who knows.

But we can ask the Lord whether or not it is His will that we witness to them and if so:

1-When \
                              2-how ------->> Even as the story of the woman who anointed Jesus
                              3-where /

And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head. Mark 14:3

She was wondering, how could she honor Jesus?, How could she support His cause? Then God showed her how to.

Cya around
                              Last edited by σяєяυииєя; Oct 22nd 2008, 02:53 AM. Reason: color *
                              Stay healthy

"Think white and get serious"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X