Accepting Christ as Savior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting Christ as Savior

had a question asked of me the other night. Will the people that lived after Christ died (in different areas of the world) e.g incans, mayans, native americans etc. go to heaven. Since they never were introduced to the gospel of Jesus Christ and never had the chance to accept Him as their Savior, will they still go to heaven?

Harleyma64

My opinion is, that all will have access to hear the Word, whether it be through the technology of today(internet, webcams, ipods, gospel tv, missionaries, and other means) before the Coming of our LORD AND SAVIOUR. As I watch TBN and other Christian networks and read Christian sites who are, for example, even sending parachutes into the remote areas of the world with literature in their own language about the plan of salvation and the gospel!! I have the feeling that none will have the excuse of not hearing about, reading about, having had someone preach to them about, watching through satelite systems that are now in just about, if not in all, parts of the world. None should have the excuse of ignorance.

That's my opinion, of course.

God Bless!!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Since they never were introduced to the gospel of Jesus Christ and never had the chance to accept Him as their Savior, will they still go to heaven? = false premise

Romans 10:18 "Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world."

Acts 17:26 "God hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us"

Titus 2:11 "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men"

II Corinthians 6:2 "(For Isaiah saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) "

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator"

Comment

Jesus Christ said whosoever hungers and thirsts after righteousness shall be filled. If a man or woman hungers after righteous God will find a way to get the gospel to that person.

Comment

Originally posted by harleyma64 View Post
          had a question asked of me the other night. Will the people that lived after Christ died (in different areas of the world) e.g incans, mayans, native americans etc. go to heaven. Since they never were introduced to the gospel of Jesus Christ and never had the chance to accept Him as their Savior, will they still go to heaven?

Harleyma64
          Scripture tells us that every person born is given a measure of light (knowledge of Christ) to respond to (John 1:4-9), and that on judgment day no one will be without excuse (Romans 1:20). Since it is not in God's nature to be unfair, we must assume He will judge each person based on how they responded to the measure of 'light' they were given.

Genesis 18:25 says, "Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?"

Comment

No, you aren't saved by responding to the measure of light you have. Those who never hear the gospel will not go to Heaven, salvation is only through belief in Jesus Christ. Acts 4:12 says "Neither is there salvation in any other; for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

If they could be saved by living up to the light they have why did the Lord Jesus tell us to go into all the world and tell them???
            "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" Romans 10:14-15

Comment

For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. Romans 1:20

I know this is the answer to those who were at the uttermost parts of the world and had not ever heard of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Now those in the uttermost parts of the world before Christ came, say for instance the native americans, some knew there was a God but worshipped say for instance the sun god or the moon god they may have really believed that was God. So they worshipped the wrong God. Does that mean they did not get to heaven because they worshipped the wrong god whom they may have thought to be God?

Harleyma64

Comment

Originally posted by harleyma64 View Post

Harleyma64
                God is entirely fair. I believe that he will make sure through missionaries, through TV, radio etc to get the word out, but he will also have a time of teaching (The Millenium) in order to give the word of God out so they can make up their own mind.
                The kingdom of God is just like any other kingdom. It must be fought for. - Thomas Becket

I don't want to save people. That's not my job. My job is to feed them.

Comment

Working...
                X