Population/Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Population/Technology

Doesn't the population of the earth prove a "young" earth? If humans "evolved" millions of years ago, then why are there "only" 6 billion people on earth?

If we evolved so long ago, then why is it only now that we have all these technologies?
    sigpic

then why is it only now that we have all these technologies?
    Interesting point Joe,

I`d think It is or could be due to the flood, as I was taught the people living before It came were the ones who made dinos and if they tampered dna to made them then they could have been very smart and with more capability to think and stuff like that.

Go well
    Stay healthy

"Think white and get serious"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by σяєяυииєя View Post

Interesting point Joe,

I`d think It is or could be due to the flood, as I was taught the people living before It came were the ones who made dinos and if they tampered dna to made them then they could have been very smart and with more capability to think and stuff like that.

Go well
      I thought God made dinosaurs
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joe King View Post
        Doesn't the population of the earth prove a "young" earth? If humans "evolved" millions of years ago, then why are there "only" 6 billion people on earth?
        Population growth isn't consistent over time. By your reasoning, why aren't there large dinos anymore?

If we evolved so long ago, then why is it only now that we have all these technologies?
        It's because Flintstones-style technology died with the dinosaurs. We had to start from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by crawfish View Post
          Population growth isn't consistent over time. By your reasoning, why aren't there large dinos anymore?
          Because of the flood. Where is the meteor that made the dinosaurs go extinct?? Or evidence of the freezing over of the planet???

Also, why is the population of mankind only recently populating the entire earth?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joe King View Post
            Because of the flood. Where is the meteor that made the dinosaurs go extinct?? Or evidence of the freezing over of the planet???
            There's more evidence of either than there is of a global flood.

Also, why is the population of mankind only recently populating the entire earth?
            The bubonic plague killed half of the people in Europe at the time - about 60 million people. How many smaller plagues struck in other areas, killing off most or all of some societies? How many died in wars and famine? Only recently have we been able to break free from natural causes and increase lifespan.

You can't use simple math to figure what population levels should be. There are far too many things to factor in.

Comment

There's more evidence of either than there is of a global flood.

The bubonic plague killed half of the people in Europe at the time - about 60 million people. How many smaller plagues struck in other areas, killing off most or all of some societies? How many died in wars and famine? Only recently have we been able to break free from natural causes and increase lifespan.

You can't use simple math to figure what population levels should be. There are far too many things to factor in.
              Evidence of what?
              sigpic

Comment

In Chicxulub, Mexico.

The evidence is present in fossil layers, it can be traced through sediments in the sea, and is intuitive, since a meteor would produce a good deal of debris.

Because we didn't have the technology to withstand extremes well.

Human population grown has been anything but constant. Even recently we have had several dips (i.e. black death).

Evidence of what?
                The meteor making the dinosaurs go extinct and global ice ages.

Comment

The meteor making the dinosaurs go extinct and global ice ages.
                  Only a question my friend,

When in the Bible did it take place?

Go well
                  Stay healthy

sigpic

Comment

When in the Bible did it took place?
                    It didn't.

Reading the Bible as a science book will invariably lead to disappointment.

Comment

Are you saying what i think you are?

Go well
                      Stay healthy

sigpic

Comment

re you saying what i think you are?
                        If you mean that the Bible isn't a science textbook, then yes.

Comment

The post-flood climate of the Earth didn't remain conducive to their continuation....otherwise they would still probably be around.

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
                            The post-flood climate of the Earth didn't remain conducive to their continuation....otherwise they would still probably be around.
                            Answers in Genesis is a great site for this.
                            sigpic

Comment

Answers in Genesis is a great site for this.
                              So are you here to discuss things, or has your mind already been made up?

No disrespect, but if it is, then why are you discussing this?

Comment

Working...
                              X