Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Adamic Race?

Romans 5:13
    For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

and

Romans 4:15
    Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

What law are these verses referring to? If it is the Mosaic law, then why would God judge the people of Noah's time and Sodom and Gomorrah? If it is the Adamic law, this would seem to indicate that there was a pre-adamic race. Thoughts?

Hello Rookie78;

Only a question, what do you mean by :"Adamic law"

Fareyewell
    Stay healthy

"Think white and get serious"

sigpic

Comment

What "laws" was the Lord talking to Abraham about here, several generations before Moses was born?

Genesis 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Éσяєяυииєя View Post
        Hello Rookie78;

Only a question, what do you mean by :"Adamic law"

Fareyewell
        Hey forerunner,

By adamic law, I mean the moral law that was revealed to Adam. These verses seem to be saying that there was sin in the world before the law was given. I'm just trying to understand them.

Comment

You are reading way too deeply into Romans 5. It is speaking of imputation of sin and there was no imputation of sin until the law, even though there was sin. The law he is referring to is the mosaic law, whereby there was a temporary way of imputing ones sins by means of sacrifice. Paul goes on in Romans to speak of another sacrifice, Jesus.
          For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie78 View Post
            For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

and

What law are these verses referring to? If it is the Mosaic law, then why would God judge the people of Noah's time and Sodom and Gomorrah? If it is the Adamic law, this would seem to indicate that there was a pre-adamic race. Thoughts?
            How do these scriptures tie into the discussion of the Pre Adamic race?

Comment

and

Think of the Greek words for these two words and see a slightly different
              focus

LAW= standards
              Sin=ERROR

For until there were STANDARDS, ERROR was in the world: but ERROR is not imputed when there are no STANDARDS .

and

Because the STANDARDS worketh wrath: for where no STANDARDS are, there is no ERROR.

What Paul speaks of is not Pre Adamic peoples at all. HE is talking about is the validity of condemnation. And the consequences of it.

Adams first law was "dont eat of the tree....etc" ... there was a consequence for violation. Before the giving or that first rule, what could ADAM have done that would break that non existent law.
              Now we can also point to unspoken laws...like thou shalt not kill.... Take Cain and Able as a prime example....it was obvious that killing his brother was wrong...BUT, BIGGGGG BUT...God did not do what we might expect to Cain since no hard law had been given... Instead of killing Cain he was exiled etc.... NO law, no consequence because no failure...

Just my read on it. Please respond if I erred.
              Dragonfighter1
              Vivo est Ministro

Comment

this would seem to indicate that there was a pre-adamic race.
                The notion of a pre-adamic race is unbiblical.

Adam was the first human created. Eve the second.
                Eve was the first human sinner, Adam the second.

Prior to Eve sinning, sin had not entered into creation yet.

Prior to Adam's creation, there were only fish, birds, and animals....no human races.

Comment

Great post Dragon...
                  For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Missionary View Post
                    Great post Dragon...
                    Thanks Urban Missionary, I try to help...don't always succeed though.
                    If you want to rep me click on the little scales of justice in the upper right corner of the post...This gives the poster POINTS.... I am 2 points away from 200

Maybe today I'll hit 200
                    Dragonfighter1
                    Vivo est Ministro

Comment

before the law was given, man was guided by his own conscience. In the days of noah, you see that man had come to basically ignore it. It is my belief that the unbeliever still has a conscience about what is right and wrong, yet we sin because we ignore the conscience.

Comment

I don't think it could be applying to mosaic law because people were punished for sins before that time. The verse is saying that before the law, there was no fault found in sin.

I realize it is a big jump to go on to say that there was a race before adam based on these verses, but the only thing other than that would seem to be that Paul was talking about the tiny time frame between when adam was created and when he was told not to eat of the forbidden fruit.

Comment

I don't think it could be applying to mosaic law because people were punished for sins before that time. The verse is saying that before the law, there was no fault found in sin.

I realize it is a big jump to go on to say that there was a race before adam based on these verses, but the only thing other than that would seem to be that Paul was talking about the tiny time frame between when adam was created and when he was told not to eat of the forbidden fruit.
                          Perhaps try an easier version to get the jist of what is being said; and expand the verse to pickup more context from the surrounding verses:

New Living Translation
                          Romans 5:12-16 When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adamís sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned. 13 Yes, people sinned even before the law was given. But it was not counted as sin because there was not yet any law to break. 14 Still, everyone diedófrom the time of Adam to the time of Mosesóeven those who did not disobey an explicit commandment of God, as Adam did. Now Adam is a symbol, a representation of Christ, who was yet to come. 15 But there is a great difference between Adamís sin and Godís gracious gift. For the sin of this one man, Adam, brought death to many. But even greater is Godís wonderful grace and his gift of forgiveness to many through this other man, Jesus Christ. 16 And the result of Godís gracious gift is very different from the result of that one manís sin. For Adamís sin led to condemnation, but Godís free gift leads to our being made right with God, even though we are guilty of many sins."

Because of Adam and Eve's sin, the creation was cursed. The curse brought death and condemnation to all.

God through Moses, brought the Law as a guide to show people how far from being righteous before God they were...and that they by themselves, could not please God.

None was righteous, no not one.

Think of it this way.

Think of sin as a railroad train.
                          When Adam fell, the railroad train (curse of sin) began to run.
                          Whenever someone stepped on the tracks, and tangled with the train; they got stung by the sin, right?
                          There were no excuses; it was a given that it would happen.

Moses came along, and put up a signal-light ("the Law") at the traintrack.
                          Nothing changed regarding the sting of sin; however, the signal-light now helped remind men of their sins.

OK, maybe not a great analogy; but the point is; all men have sinned; and the Law shows us with great clarity that we are sinners.

We must rely on the Lord; and not ourselves; by faith through Him.

Has nothing to do with a non-existent adamic race at all.

Adam was the first man, and Eve the first woman.

Everyone else came thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
                            The notion of a pre-adamic race is unbiblical.

Adam was the first human created. Eve the second.
                            Eve was the first human sinner, Adam the second.

Prior to Eve sinning, sin had not entered into creation yet.

Prior to Adam's creation, there were only fish, birds, and animals....no human races.
                            There most definitely was a pre-Adamic race. The pre-Adamic race populated the earth before the first flood. The Genesis account of creation is actually an account of re-creation.

Here is a decent link that does a pretty fair job in dealing with it.
                            http://www.cog-ff.com/site/cog_archi...e%20FLOODS.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfighter1 View Post
                              If you want to rep me click on the little scales of justice in the upper right corner of the post...This gives the poster POINTS.... I am 2 points away from 200
                              You're actually asking for rep points?
                              To This Day

Comment

Working...
                              X