Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice: Dinosaurs?

Hello, everyone.
    On another message board that I frequent (not Biblical), a discussion has come up about religion and Christianity. Many points are coming up against Christianity, and I feel confident in my reply to each point except one:
    Scientists say it's a solid fact that dinosaurs and humans never co-existed. While I don't personally believe this to be true, I am uncertain how to respond to this, and I'd rather not give an answer regarding this if I don't know what I'm talking about.
    Any assistance on this topic would be great; thanks!

All ancient cultures from Europe, to South America, to Australia, to China, to Africa have similar representations of dragons.

These developed independently with each culture, long before the cultures intermingled and knew of one another like they do today.

Ever wondered why nearly all ancient cultures had dragons, and what do they look similar too?

Comment

Originally posted by Chellee View Post
      Hello, everyone.
      On another message board that I frequent (not Biblical), a discussion has come up about religion and Christianity. Many points are coming up against Christianity, and I feel confident in my reply to each point except one:
      Scientists say it's a solid fact that dinosaurs and humans never co-existed. While I don't personally believe this to be true, I am uncertain how to respond to this, and I'd rather not give an answer regarding this if I don't know what I'm talking about.
      I guess I can't be of help since I agree that dinosaurs and humans did not coexist. Based on the best scientific evidence this is true. If you are going to attempt to refute this scientifically you have your work cut out for you.
      Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
      Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/taylor-trail.htm

... The link above will help you with the existing evidence that scientists refuse to deal with.
        ... Then there is the truth that Dinosaurs are mentioned and described more than once in the scriptures and that is on top of the truth that the dinosaurs are at this moment walking the earth along-side mankind. It is known by science that lizards do not cease to grow until they die. Before Adam sinned there was no death and they just grew until they were huge and now they die much sooner. Like most things in this world, common sense must be applied.

Comment

Well, I feel that it could be possible either way and I can explain how it doesn't have to contradict the Bible and could still be true that they didn't co-exist, then even if you don't necessarily believe it as true, you could show them that Christianity doesn't necessarily contradict it. If you would rather not take this approach that's fine, but if you would, please say so.

Comment

Job 40:15-24

15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
            16 Lo now, his strength [is] in his loins, and his force [is] in the navel of his belly.
            17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.
            18 His bones [are as] strong pieces of brass; his bones [are] like bars of iron.
            19 He [is] the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his
            sword to approach [unto him].
            20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.
            21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.
            22 The shady trees cover him [with] their shadow; the willows of the brook
            compass him about.
            23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, [and] hasteth not: he trusteth that he
            can draw up Jordan into his mouth.
            24 He taketh it with his eyes: [his] nose pierceth through snares.

Sounds like a dinosaur to me

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
              All ancient cultures from Europe, to South America, to Australia, to China, to Africa have similar representations of dragons.

These developed independently with each culture, long before the cultures intermingled and knew of one another like they do today.

Ever wondered why nearly all ancient cultures had dragons, and what do they look similar too?
              Don't you know that dragons are just the evolutionary mashing of snakes, big cats, and birds; the three things our ancestors (apes and whatnot) feared the most? Or something like that.
              sigpic

Comment

Scientists say it's a solid fact that dinosaurs and humans never co-existed.
                And they're right. But I fail to see how that's a point against Christianity, rather than just against young-earth creationism.
                "We are symbols and inhabit symbols; workmen, work, and tools, words and things, birth and death, all are emblems; but we sympathize with the symbols, and being infatuated with the economical uses of things, we do not know that they are thoughts." - Emerson, "The Poet" (Essays, Second Series)

Comment

Try browsing this website.

http://s8int.com/dinolit1.html

Apparently ancient pottery depicts many animals that resemble various dinosaurs... (re: humans made the pottery). There's about 70 or so pages on the site.
                  To This Day

Comment

Hello, everyone.
                    Scientists say it's a solid fact that dinosaurs and humans never co-existed.
                    The smart people once said that all swans are white.

While I don't personally believe this to be true, I am uncertain how to respond to this, and I'd rather not give an answer regarding this if I don't know what I'm talking about.
                    The Biblical evidence should be your primary foundation, such as what Jeffinator posted. However, since these folks may not believe in the Bible, you might take a look at the research done on the Paluxy River here in Texas.
                    "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." - Revelation 20:6

Comment

Luke,
                      ... I'm sorry but you seem to be as young as your avatar makes you out to be and you have stepped into the middle of a mistake once more. The web site I gave to this young lady proves, without a question, that your assurance of the dinos and humans not living together is not true. I understand that what you have said is exactly what is taught in school but I also know that the teaching of a point has never made it fact. According to the current teaching in school, evolution is a fact, when the opposite is true. You will not even get a scientist, in that field of study, to defend the idea, only teachers. With the advent of the Internet and the effort to put everything known onto it there is abundant information, freely, available and you, really, need to begin to research your ideas before you post them.

Comment

Originally posted by th1bill View Post
                        I'm sorry but you seem to be as young as your avatar makes you out to be and you have stepped into the middle of a mistake once more.
                        Do you really find it obligatory to insult people just because you disagree with them? This is completely unnecessary of you to do. Age has nothing to do with it, and your assumption that he hasn't done any research is simply arrogant - if you don't know him personally you have absolutely no right to assume anything about him or what research he has (or hasn't) done. If he had said the same thing and was ten, twenty or thirty years older, would you still have made a deal about his age? No. Age is irrelevant in this discussion, so to point it out and use it as a way to discredit him is just malicious.
                        To This Day

Comment

Originally posted by th1bill View Post
                          http://www.bible.ca/tracks/taylor-trail.htm

... The link above will help you with the existing evidence that scientists refuse to deal with.
                          ... Then there is the truth that Dinosaurs are mentioned and described more than once in the scriptures and that is on top of the truth that the dinosaurs are at this moment walking the earth along-side mankind. It is known by science that lizards do not cease to grow until they die. Before Adam sinned there was no death and they just grew until they were huge and now they die much sooner. Like most things in this world, common sense must be applied.
                          Not dealt with? Scientists successfully disputed that long ago. Even AIG says you shouldn't use it as an argument.

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post
                            Do you really find it obligatory to insult people just because you disagree with them? This is completely unnecessary of you to do. Age has nothing to do with it, and your assumption that he hasn't done any research is simply arrogant - if you don't know him personally you have absolutely no right to assume anything about him or what research he has (or hasn't) done. If he had said the same thing and was ten, twenty or thirty years older, would you still have made a deal about his age? No. Age is irrelevant in this discussion, so to point it out and use it as a way to discredit him is just malicious.
                            ... What you have maliciously attacked was meant for enlightenment. Your purpose?
                            ... When I was young I thought as a youngster, when I matured, I became slow to open my mouth.

Comment

Wow, thanks so much everyone for all your replies! There is a lot of great info here, to be sure. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X