X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• always
    replied
    Originally posted by Trivalee View Post

I agree. But I must add that the pull of the world is too strong that no matter how believers reflect Christ-like character in themselves, the majority of the unsaved may still not come to church on their own volition. Therefore, we (the church) must take the gospel to the streets. It is the Lord's commandment.
    Absolutely, I agree we are to compel them

Leave a comment:

• Trivalee
    replied
    Originally posted by always View Post
    I think many do not understand what the church and pastors are for, it's a place of worship, and teaching, if we lift up the Name of Jesus, it will draw all men, and once they come into the church, accept Jesus as Lord and most importantly, they are taught, they are to go back outside and compel others to come into the church to receive the knowledge of the gospel.

Evangelism begins at home, just like love
    I agree. But I must add that the pull of the world is too strong that no matter how believers reflect Christ-like character in themselves, the majority of the unsaved may still not come to church on their own volition. Therefore, we (the church) must take the gospel to the streets. It is the Lord's commandment.

Leave a comment:

• Sawyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave L View Post

I think many tares enter the church by "winning over" the carnal mind. Preach the word and God will add whom he will.
    He does have His own timing for reasons we do not know for now but someday we may
    Sawyer

Leave a comment:

• always
    replied
    Originally posted by Sawyer View Post

I am glad I was won over and I was just lost at 14 Years old. Having gone to church all my life before I accepted Christ. I knew the gospel I just did not accept it at first. I don't think there are many who do right a way. The Word is the seed and we are the soil. Sometimes the soil becomes cultivated to accept the seed by hearing the word. I can't tell you how many times I heard it before I accepted it, But accepting it was the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Praise God it's been 62 years since then and I have never regretted it.
    MB
    Praise the Lord, that seed was sown, and the day your ears truly heard and your heart was pierced!

Leave a comment:

• always
    replied
    Originally posted by Sawyer View Post

I am glad I was won over and I was just lost at 14 Years old. Having gone to church all my life before I accepted Christ. I knew the gospel I just did not accept it at first. I don't think there are many who do right a way. The Word is the seed and we are the soil. Sometimes the soil becomes cultivated to accept the seed by hearing the word. I can't tell you how many times I heard it before I accepted it, But accepting it was the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Praise God it's been 62 years since then and I have never regretted it.
    MB
    Praise the Lord, that seed was sown, and the day your ears truly heard and your heart was pierced!

Leave a comment:

• Sawyer
    replied

I think many tares enter the church by "winning over" the carnal mind. Preach the word and God will add whom he will.
    MB

Leave a comment:

• always
    replied
    Originally posted by Trivalee View Post

Thanks for raising this issue Clormond. It's a big problem in the modern church because many forget Christ' injunction to ALL believers to "Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost (Matt 28:19 KJV).

And you are right that many believe that the job of Witnessing Christ to others is limited to Pastors, whereas our Lord Jesus commanded ALL believers to partake in this commission. It is regrettable that there are many believers that have never evangelised for once in their lives. It's all good to give money to help people overseas, but we sadly, consciously ignoring the unbelievers in our cities that are yearning to hear the gospel.

I am the first to accept that we are failing as a church, to share the Good News of salvation in our inner cities.
    I think many do not understand what the church and pastors are for, it's a place of worship, and teaching, if we lift up the Name of Jesus, it will draw all men, and once they come into the church, accept Jesus as Lord and most importantly, they are taught, they are to go back outside and compel others to come into the church to receive the knowledge of the gospel.

Evangelism begins at home, just like love

Leave a comment:

• Trivalee
    replied
    Originally posted by clormond View Post
    I am just wanting your thoughts on this?

The church has seemed to have encamped itself in the 4 walls of the building. I often have wondered why there is really no outside effort to evangelize the neighbors or the local community. I see allot of effort to help those over seas and to those that are in the mission fields, but what about home? Now I know we need those yet we also need to go next door, and down the street, and around the block. Is it not our job to spread the gospel or just sit in church and go home while not being bothered with anything outside the walls if it means we have to do something beside pray and give money..not looking for an attack but maybe if I could understand it I could influence others once I knew why..I have asked the question to others in person but seems as I get the "that's the pastors job"..Just wondering for your thoughts..
    Thanks for raising this issue Clormond. It's a big problem in the modern church because many forget Christ' injunction to ALL believers to "Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost (Matt 28:19 KJV).

And you are right that many believe that the job of Witnessing Christ to others is limited to Pastors, whereas our Lord Jesus commanded ALL believers to partake in this commission. It is regrettable that there are many believers that have never evangelised for once in their lives. It's all good to give money to help people overseas, but we sadly, consciously ignoring the unbelievers in our cities that are yearning to hear the gospel.

I am the first to accept that we are failing as a church, to share the Good News of salvation in our inner cities.

Leave a comment:

• Sawyer
    replied
    Re: Evangelism outside the church?

so how would I improve this problem? I completely understand the history, but I am talking about today in todays world. So is your suggestion to just wait till they come in?
    I for one appreciate you care for the lost. I care for them too. I ask strangers where they are going when they die. Getting people interested in life it self is a good starting place. Some will honestly tell you they are going to Hell. Some will say they don't know. some are not sure and some believe they will just be buried..A few will say yes they know and tell you they are Christian.
    Christ commanded us to go preach the gospel to the world.. Grab you Bible and head out to the world and preach the gospel. Even if you never bring someone to Christ You will be blessed for obeying His commandments. There are churches that will teach you to bring people to Christ seek them out.
    Some day we will all have to give an account. If you preach the gospel you will have a good account
    Sawyer

Leave a comment:

• Dave L
    replied
    Originally posted by Reynolds357 View Post

Probably the same percentage that's in your church now. I would say a person who does not win souls is a tare.

Leave a comment:

• Dave L
    replied

Probably the same percentage that's in your church now. I would say a person who does not win souls is a tare.
    I think many tare come into the church through "selling Christ" to the carnal mind.

Leave a comment:

• Reynolds357
    replied

Not counting the tares?

Leave a comment:

• Dave L
    replied

Evangelism is the job of the individual believer, including the pastor. If every believer wins one person to Christ each year, how big would a 50 person Church be in 5 years?
    Not counting the tares?

Leave a comment:

• Reynolds357
    replied
    I am just wanting your thoughts on this?

The church has seemed to have encamped itself in the 4 walls of the building. I often have wondered why there is really no outside effort to evangelize the neighbors or the local community. I see allot of effort to help those over seas and to those that are in the mission fields, but what about home? Now I know we need those yet we also need to go next door, and down the street, and around the block. Is it not our job to spread the gospel or just sit in church and go home while not being bothered with anything outside the walls if it means we have to do something beside pray and give money..not looking for an attack but maybe if I could understand it I could influence others once I knew why..I have asked the question to others in person but seems as I get the "that's the pastors job"..Just wondering for your thoughts..
    Evangelism is the job of the individual believer, including the pastor. If every believer wins one person to Christ each year, how big would a 50 person Church be in 5 years?

Leave a comment:

• wayocross
    replied
    "Spirit or Holy Ghost" Some say "Christ within us". This is hard to understand. Jesus speaks of the "comforter". (John 14:26 WEB) 26 But the Comforter, [who is] the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.

The doctrine of the "trinity (word not in the Bible)" hold that there is "One God" in three persons, or in 3 roles: God the Father/Creator, Jesus the Son/Christ/Lamb, and God the Spirit/Comforter. The Holy Spirit operates as follows: (John 16:13-15 WEB) 13 But, when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all the truth: for he will not speak from himself; but whatever he shall hear, [that] will he speak: and he will show you things to come. 14 He will glorify me: for he will receive of mine, and will show [it] to you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore I said, that he will take of mine, and show [it] to you.

Jesus prays in the true Lord's Prayer (John 17) as follows(John 17:23, 26 NASB) 23 I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me. ... 26 and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X