Is it possible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible...

is it possible for there to be a spirit that mimicks the Holy Ghost? I am just wondering... thanks!
    I will sing of your works & your mighty ways
    My Rock & My Salvation
    Who will hide me in the time of trouble?
    Who is like the lord, so full of gace and truth!

Hi JRF,

There are "other spirits" but the Holy Spirit is recognizable. Scripture teaches us to test the spirits:

1 John 4:1-3

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
    NKJV

Did you have something specific in mind?
    Love In Christ,
    Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by JesusReignsForever View Post
      is it possible for there to be a spirit that mimicks the Holy Ghost? I am just wondering... thanks!

Of course their is. Remeber Satan can and does appear as a angel of light.
      Satan counterfits almost every geniune gift of the spirit.
      I would say in the Church today you have much more of Satan counterfuts gifts than the actual gifts of the spirit. It is very clear in the bible that many will stand in front of Jesus saying did we not do all these things through your name and Jesus says I never knew you. So who do you suppose he is talkig about. Jesus knew very well what was going to happen in the days we ar ein now. Always test the spirits.
      God Bless
      Randy
      And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
      For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya~ View Post
        Hi JRF,

There are "other spirits" but the Holy Spirit is recognizable. Scripture teaches us to test the spirits:

1 John 4:1-3

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
        NKJV

Did you have something specific in mind?
        Well I experience some strange things at my current place of worship, I am saved and i do have the holy Ghost and sometimes in my current place of worship people are shouting and hoping all around and I just dont feel the spirit....i had to go in the bathroom and ask God if it was me, I asked if I did anything and if I did to move it out but when i went back into service i still didnt feel not one thing...i was just so confused by this.. I can always feel when the spirit is in the house.

I also asked my sister if she felt anything and she said no.. so i didnt feel so bad, eventually I felt the spirit but it was after all the hooping and hollering stopped it was weird.
        My Rock & My Salvation

Comment

Originally posted by looking4jesus View Post
          Of course their is. Remeber Satan can and does appear as a angel of light.
          Satan counterfits almost every geniune gift of the spirit.
          I would say in the Church today you have much more of Satan counterfuts gifts than the actual gifts of the spirit. It is very clear in the bible that many will stand in front of Jesus saying did we not do all these things through your name and Jesus says I never knew you. So who do you suppose he is talkig about. Jesus knew very well what was going to happen in the days we ar ein now. Always test the spirits.
          God Bless
          Randy
          How exactly do you test the spirit by the spirit? I've always heard this but never knew how it was done....I kinda have an idea but i am not sure. thanks!
          My Rock & My Salvation

Comment

Yes,

I would dare say that there are many instances where deceiving spirits would imitate the Holy Spirit. I have experience with some examples, but wonder if you could be more specific (before I derail accidentally this thread in trying to help).
            * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
            ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
            ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Comment

Originally posted by Amos_with_goats View Post
              Yes,

I would dare say that there are many instances where deceiving spirits would imitate the Holy Spirit. I have experience with some examples, but wonder if you could be more specific (before I derail accidentally this thread in trying to help).
              well for the sake of this turning into something ugly I would rather not say because I am sure to offend someone on here. So i would rather not say but you can feel free to share your experinces feel free!
              My Rock & My Salvation

Comment

Thanks for all the answers though! I appreciate it.
                My Rock & My Salvation

Comment

Well I experience some strange things at my current place of worship, I am saved and i do have the holy Ghost and sometimes in my current place of worship people are shouting and hoping all around and I just dont feel the spirit....i had to go in the bathroom and ask God if it was me, I asked if I did anything and if I did to move it out but when i went back into service i still didnt feel not one thing...i was just so confused by this.. I can always feel when the spirit is in the house.

I also asked my sister if she felt anything and she said no.. so i didnt feel so bad, eventually I felt the spirit but it was after all the hooping and hollering stopped it was weird.
                  I've experienced something similar, and it is not edifying at all to be in that kind of an environment. At best it's just a bunch of silliness. At worst, it is a playground for the evil one. You can find another church where the Scripture is followed:

1 Cor 14:40
                  40 Let all things be done decently and in order.
                  NKJV

I don't believe that the Holy Spirit can really be faked by the evil one because the Holy Spirit by nature is HOLY and the evil one is not. BUT I do know from experience that people can be deceived into believing something is from the Holy Spirit when it is not -- it may even be of the evil one. If it is not in accord with Scripture, it is suspect and should be very closely examined and tested.

Isa 8:20
                  20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
                  NKJV
                  Love In Christ,
                  Tanya

Comment

Hi JRF -

Please look at the following verses - to me, this is the way to determine if something is from God:
                    Galatians 5
                    19-Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,

20-idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
                    21-envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
                    22-But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
                    23-gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
                    24-Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
                    25-If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26-Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.
                    If you are concerned about the church you are currently attending and think they may have a "false" spirit, why are you still going to that church?
                    I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
                    - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

How exactly do you test the spirit by the spirit? I've always heard this but never knew how it was done....I kinda have an idea but i am not sure. thanks!
                      Well I have found that a simple prayer that is made in the Name of Jesus Christ to always work. Demons cannot stay in the pressence when the name Jesus Christ is used. So a prayer that goes something like this.

Dear God in the name of your only Son Jesus Christ please show me, tell me now if this spirit is of the Holy Spirit of God or from Satan appearing as a angel of light. I am asking you now in the name of Jesus Christ.
                      I have always recived a instant answer from this prayer from God.
                      It is most important to use the full name Jesus Christ not Jesus or just Christ.
                      Satan abounds in most of the Churches today, it is sad and also can be scary but we are to expect this in the last of the last days.
                      God Bless you
                      Randy
                      And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
                      For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Comment

Hi JRF,

You test the spirits by the word of God. If the spirit is speaking or acting contrary to God's word, it is a spirit not from God.
                        Love In Christ,
                        Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya~ View Post
                          Hi JRF,

You test the spirits by the word of God. If the spirit is speaking or acting contrary to God's word, it is a spirit not from God.
                          Yes but you may not know what is what..for example if the spirit is healing a person that can be from the word of God or not. The way you suggested is way to general because Satan can counterfit almost everything that is in Gods word. This is how people get fooled all the time. You need to ask God directly and in that moment through Jesus Christ name where this spirit is coming from. It is the only way because you simply will not know the look and feel of it will be too close to what God does.
                          God Bless
                          Randy

Comment

Yes but you may not know what is what..for example if the spirit is healing a person that can be from the word of God or not. The way you suggested is way to general because Satan can counterfit almost everything that is in Gods word. This is how people get fooled all the time. You need to ask God directly and in that moment through Jesus Christ name where this spirit is coming from. It is the only way because you simply will not know the look and feel of it will be too close to what God does.
                            God Bless
                            Randy
                            Amen!! I have been through this too, and the realization of how much satan can fool believers into believing that its a move of God is shocking to say the least!! I had a few experiences like yours JRF and it caused me to question things I saw and even felt. I began to ask the Lord for insight as the whole thing terrified me! One evening I went to a convention with a friend, we arrived late and the worship was in full swing. My friend said she could feel the thickness of the Holy Spirit the moment she entered the building, I felt something but after previous experiences I was wary. Anyway, everyone was crying and falling over and my friend got swept away in about 10 mins. I was worshipping and felt good but not like she did. I had asked the Lord to show me clearly if this was from Him and at that moment I heard His voice very strongly say "This is not of me!"

It shook me so much I had to leave the hall and find a quiet corner! I was so overwhelmed I just cried and cried! I felt the Holy Spirit at that point and felt His peace, and so I stood for a while at the door of this place and watched It looked just like any other meeting I had been to before, people were rejoicing at the presence of God(or so they thought) I tried to share with my friend what the Lord had said,but she got real angry! In the end I waited outside, praying until the meeting ended.

The whole experience shocked me and still does to this day! The Lord has continued to open my eyes to what satan is doing in the church and it breaks my heart! Satan can mimic what the Holy Spirit does to the point where mature Christians can't tell the difference! While God is still out there and moving and blessing us with His glorious presence, we must be very careful and not just take for granted that its a move of God we're experiencing!

blessings
                            My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
                            ------
                            "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

Comment

God Bless
                              Randy
                              Of course I believe we should pray and ask God to reveal it to us, but the way to know "what is what" is to have the knowledge that God has provided to us in Scripture.

If a person is being healed, it is not from Satan. Satan is a fake, he is not a healer. There are some who pretend to have the power of healing, and deceive people, but they are not healing anyone. Yet people believe them because they get a feeling after praying about it, or whatever, and they think that is sufficient. The Holy Spirit isn't in conflict with the word, and the word isn't in conflict with the Holy Spirit.
                              Love In Christ,
                              Tanya

Comment

Working...
                              X