No announcement yet.

Stone Age and Neanderthal people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Stone Age and Neanderthal people?

I am currently reading the book The Revised & Expanded Answers Book and it lightly talks about these "people groups" as being in existence at one point in history (and it says that stone age people still exist today) but it doesn't really elaborate on it or provide for it.

Does anyone have any information on this and how it relates to the Christian faith of our Creator and his creation?

Thanks in advance!

There were four groups of Native Americans:

Paleo, Archaic, Woodland, and Mississippian. All were fully human and their descendants are alive today. Archeologists tell us that the Paleo period started about 45,000 years ago. Are you asking about earlier groups. Same thing. Neanderthal, or so I have been told, looked the way they did because of their diet. Something in the minerals they digested.

Comment

This is a topic best served in the Apologetics and Evangelism forum. Moving it there for continued discussion.
      Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
      Not second or third, but first.
      Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
      when He is the source of all hope,
      when His love is received and freely given,
      holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
      will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

Neanderthals with us today? Absolutely, try watching Monday Night Football.
        These guys had a larger cranium, ie bigger brain than modern man. If evolution
        is true then why did the brain cavity get smaller?

Could these be the people of pre-flood, who were smarter and more advanced than us.

Is man not digressing in wisdom but progressing in knowledge today?

Cave men - are these the hermits of modern times. People who were anti-social
        possibly killers, thugs etc. Didn't king David live in the caves fleeing from Saul.

If a flood happened all forms of civilization would be wiped out except for those
        sketchy people living in the caves, drawing crude pictures on the wall.

The spin doctors can turn anything on a dime, so what happens when you
        give them 5 billion years, man can you come up with a story, and they did.

The Bible is the Truth, boy do we need the Truth more than ever before
        because the lies of man just keep getting more complex but they're still lies.

RJ

Comment

Originally posted by bhoup View Post
          I am currently reading the book The Revised & Expanded Answers Book and it lightly talks about these "people groups" as being in existence at one point in history (and it says that stone age people still exist today) but it doesn't really elaborate on it or provide for it.

Does anyone have any information on this and how it relates to the Christian faith of our Creator and his creation?

Thanks in advance!
          The Stone Age people are still alive today because we are stone age people (descendants of them to be more exact). The stone age is simply a term used to describe a period in human history when stone tools, rather than metal ones, were used.

Comment

Originally posted by GitRDunn View Post
            The Stone Age people are still alive today because we are stone age people (descendants of them to be more exact). The stone age is simply a term used to describe a period in human history when stone tools, rather than metal ones, were used.
            Correct.

The problem is, this is not true. There is no stone age or iron age, etc....

It's a lie started by Darwinistic spawned theories of man's evolution from a primitive to an advanced species of man.

People in different cultures have been using metal tools since the beginning of man. People in other cultures have been using stone tools since the beginning of man. Depends on what part of the globe you lived on.

Comment

When people were dispersed around the globe, they did not always have their tools with them. This meant that they had to start using whatever was handy. Yes, as someone (lamplighter) already said - metal tools existed from the start (see Ge. 4:22). As they traveled, raw materials may not have been nearby, so they would have had to use what they could find.

There were two occasions when large dispersals took place - at the Tower of Babel, and after the Flood. The one at Babel was quick, the one after the Flood was much more gradual.

Comment

Originally posted by Lamplighter View Post
                Correct.

The problem is, this is not true. There is no stone age or iron age, etc....

It's a lie started by Darwinistic spawned theories of man's evolution from a primitive to an advanced species of man.

People in different cultures have been using metal tools since the beginning of man. People in other cultures have been using stone tools since the beginning of man. Depends on what part of the globe you lived on.
                So archaeology is in on the great conspiracy too? The physical evidence does not lie. One can see the progression in metallurgy in the archaeological record. Go look at the physical evidence before making a statement formed only by sitting at computer desk reading websites that offer only opinions but no evidence or methods.

Originally posted by EvangMike View Post
                When people were dispersed around the globe, they did not always have their tools with them. This meant that they had to start using whatever was handy. Yes, as someone (lamplighter) already said - metal tools existed from the start (see Ge. 4:22). As they traveled, raw materials may not have been nearby, so they would have had to use what they could find.

There were two occasions when large dispersals took place - at the Tower of Babel, and after the Flood. The one at Babel was quick, the one after the Flood was much more gradual.
                Ummm. Did they lose their knowledge of how to mine for metals and their knowledge of metallurgy? The Americas had plenty of metal natural resources but none of the pre Columbian Americans used metallurgy to the extent the Old World habitants did.
                "So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

Comment

Cavemen? Darwin?

All of the evidence that Darwin used to set up the evolution chart has been disproved by modern science many times over. The Peking man was built from the ground up from the finding of one toothe. It was later proven that the toothe came from an extinct pig of that region. Most of the skulls either turned out to be not as old as first thought or was that of a primate. There is a good book written by a Christian Scientist from the University of Miami named Creationism verses Evolution it will certainly exhort you and build your faith to read it. Darwin on his death bed told everyone there that his work was only speculative and he was haunted at the fact that it was made into a religion.
                  If you study you will find that there was a Pre-Adamite world that satan while he ruled the Earth from Tyre and the angels were mating with humans and other atrocities he threw the world into an Ice -Age and God destroyed it with the Flood of Satan. The very first flood. This will help fill in the time lines that the Earth is 500,000,000 years old but we have been here less than 7000 yrs according to Neal Armstrong's footprint on the lunar surface. That is enough for now.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlsoul View Post
                    So archaeology is in on the great conspiracy too? The physical evidence does not lie. One can see the progression in metallurgy in the archaeological record. Go look at the physical evidence before making a statement formed only by sitting at computer desk reading websites that offer only opinions but no evidence or methods.
                    So, you are calling modern Christian archaeologists liars? They say the opposite of what you say my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by RJ Mac View Post
                      Neanderthals with us today? Absolutely, try watching Monday Night Football.
                      RJ

what an awful thing to say -- especially for a Christian.

Comment

So, you are calling modern Christian archaeologists liars? They say the opposite of what you say my friend.
                        I cannot determined the truth of what someone says unless I know what they said. What Christian archaeologists are saying the Stone Age, Bronze Age, Iron Age, etc is all a lie? Do you have a cite for them?

I agree these designations are limited in their description especially of non European/Middle Eastern cultures. Also there are existing cultures who still use primarily Stone Age technology however the people in these existing cultures are physically and genetically homo sapiens not homo neaderthalensis.
                        "So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

Comment

Which ones and can you show me where and when they said this? Also, are you saying that humans began with metal tools from day one?

Originally posted by catlover View Post
                          what an awful thing to say -- especially for a Christian.
                          Don't worry, I don't believe he was serious. I think he was making a joke and there was no mal-intent.

Comment

Originally posted by GitRDunn View Post
                            Also, are you saying that humans began with metal tools from day one?
                            In some cultures, yes. Swords were used all throughout Genesis.

Comment

In some cultures, yes. Swords were used all throughout Genesis.
                              Yes, but you believe humans began with this knowledge from birth? All humans since Adam and Eve just happened to know how to mine for raw metal, and then how to heat it up and forge it into a shape they wanted?

Comment

Working...
                              X