If the Bible didn't exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Bible didn't exist?

If you had no knowledge of the Bible could you go to heaven?, could you be a moral person? could you know God? could you be saved?

Originally posted by mikebr View Post
    If you had no knowledge of the Bible could you go to heaven?, could you be a moral person? could you know God? could you be saved?

Of course ! Because there was a time , and especially during the first century church. There was not bible ! They had the OT scrolls, but no new testiment scriptures were even written until approx 50 - 75 years after the events and comments that we read about in the NT, took place.

Many gentiles did not have any knowledge of the OT scrolls, nor did they have any written knowledge of any NT writtings. Yet, the gentiles were called of God to believe. Acts. chapter 10 are the first gentiles to be baptized with the Holy Spirit and speak in tongues. And they prayed and believed without any written material.

I am not sure this exactly answers your question though. Maybe your suggesting that those born without any knowledge or reference whatsoever ? I would think that heaven bound means knowing as well.

Comment

Enoch, Noah, Abraham, none of these had a Bible. So, yes...........
      Besides, the story is written in the stars.

Comment

Thanks ya'll. How would you witness if you didn't have the Bible?

Comment

Originally posted by Kahtar View Post
          Enoch, Noah, Abraham, none of these had a Bible. So, yes...........
          Besides, the story is written in the stars.
          Yes, but they have divine revelation from God. In some way they were connected to God. And as John 1:1 says, God is the word, thus they did have a bible.

Comment

Originally posted by Romber View Post
            Yes, but they have divine revelation from God. In some way they were connected to God. And as John 1:1 says, God is the word, thus they did have a bible.

Are you suggesting that without the Bible we don't have the same divine revelation?

Comment

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

People aren't lost because they haven't heard the gospel. They are lost because they are sinners.
              Without disagreement, nothing can be learned.

Comment

God "hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us" Acts 17:26

Worked for Abraham.

Worked for Corneleus.

Jesus said it would work for anyone....

"And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Luke 11:9

Comment

Are you suggesting that without the Bible we don't have the same divine revelation?
                  I'm not quite sure what you are trying to ask

Comment

A lot of people read and hear the bible but don't believe. We believe because God revealed himself to us. That is always the case whether one has a bible or not. Divine revelation is necessary for salvation.
                    Matt 9:13
                    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                    NASU

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                      A lot of people read and hear the bible but don't believe. We believe because God revealed himself to us. That is always the case whether one has a bible or not. Divine revelation is necessary for salvation.
                      That's not what I meant. I was saying that the early people listed had some close relation with God. Literally him talking to them was like them reading the Bible.

Comment

Do we as post bible people have the same divine revelation that the pre-bible people had?

Comment

Do we as post bible people have the same divine revelation that the pre-bible people had?
                          Same Delivery Mechanism: no.

Same Opportunity for Salvation: yes.

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men" Titus 2:11

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
                            Same Delivery Mechanism: no.

Same Opportunity for Salvation: yes.

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men" Titus 2:11
                            What's the difference in the delivery mechanism; I'm thinging about people in China?

Comment

There are stories coming out of Iraq where Muslims are having visions of Christ and getting saved.
                              Having the Bible around hasn't changed how God deals with people.

Comment

Working...
                              X