This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything about Mary

Jesus’ mother Mary. What do we know? What should we know? Ask a question you have about her.

I’ll start as I got thinking about this on another thread.

What is the importance Jesus came from her egg and she was not a surrogate mother? Could she have been a surrogate or does Jesus’ humanity depend on her blood and genealogy.

Heresy I know but I kinda feel the same way about Mary as I do Judas. Neither had much of a choice. As far as I know God wanted to be human so Jesus had to be born and He had to die to show us what happens to a seed when its planted. Mary and Judas were necessary tools. Now I know Jesus loved His Mother and Father and Father.

Comment

Originally posted by mikebr View Post
      Heresy I know but I kinda feel the same way about Mary as I do Judas. Neither had much of a choice. As far as I know God wanted to be human so Jesus had to be born and He had to die to show us what happens to a seed when its planted. Mary and Judas were necessary tools. Now I know Jesus loved His Mother and Father and Father.
      Mary most assuredely consented to bring forth the Son of God.

And I honestly can't fathom comparing a faithful servant of God like Mary to Judas.
      My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Whispering Grace View Post
        Mary most assuredely consented to bring forth the Son of God.

And I honestly can't fathom comparing a faithful servant of God like Mary to Judas.

If Mary had not consented would it have meant that God picked the wrong person. If Judas had turned down the money would Jesus have picked another disciple?

I wasnt' comparing Mary to Judas. I was comparing how God used them. I see similarities that's all.

Comment

I see the annunciation as an example of being born again... when Mary submitted herself to the will of God, she was filled with joy, despite the fact that her situation was potentially terrifying. She knew she could be cast out, despised, even stoned to death... yet she trusted God, and in that moment she was renewed. That's how I see her great declarative poem of praise.

I agree Whispering Grace, it's a really shocking comparison, to say that Mary, like Judas, had no choice... as though God were a divine rapist, and Judas a doomed fall guy. Outside of Time and Space God could see exactly what would and did happen... but that doesn't mean He forced anyone.

Things I would like to know about Mary. How old was she when she was widowed, how did it feel to see the slow plan of God unfolding as she watched her son grow. How does she feel now about people who worship her.

Of course, the day will come when we can simply ask her!
          Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

If Mary had not consented would it have meant that God picked the wrong person. If Judas had turned down the money would Jesus have picked another disciple?

I wasnt' comparing Mary to Judas. I was comparing how God used them. I see similarities that's all.
            Okay... it came across wrong. Happens, on forums.

Comment

Originally posted by daughter View Post
              I see the annunciation as an example of being born again... when Mary submitted herself to the will of God, she was filled with joy, despite the fact that her situation was potentially terrifying. She knew she could be cast out, despised, even stoned to death... yet she trusted God, and in that moment she was renewed. That's how I see her great declarative poem of praise.

I agree Whispering Grace, it's a really shocking comparison, to say that Mary, like Judas, had no choice... as though God were a divine rapist, and Judas a doomed fall guy. Outside of Time and Space God could see exactly what would and did happen... but that doesn't mean He forced anyone.

Things I would like to know about Mary. How old was she when she was widowed, how did it feel to see the slow plan of God unfolding as she watched her son grow. How does she feel now about people who worship her.

Of course, the day will come when we can simply ask her!
              Starting a new Thread as not to derail this one.

I would like to know when Mary knew that Jesus was going to die for the sins of Man.

Would they have not crucified Him if she told them Jesus was crazy, and delusional, that He had been talking that nonsense for years.

Comment

What confused me about the question in this is did Jesus really come from her egg? Since he has always been alive since the beginning of time and created all things, I was always under the belief that it was the Holy Ghost coming upon her that began his being "in" her but have never heard that he came from her egg. Wouldn't that give him a "beginning" and he has none as he always existed?

Comment

Originally posted by Reese View Post
                  What confused me about the question in this is did Jesus really come from her egg? Since he has always been alive since the beginning of time and created all things, I was always under the belief that it was the Holy Ghost coming upon her that began his being "in" her but have never heard that he came from her egg. Wouldn't that give him a "beginning" and he has none as he always existed?

If Genesis is talking about Jesus and I believe that it is then it says He will come from her seed. (egg) He had to be human.

Comment

You're right Mike... it says in Genesis that the seed of the woman will crush the serpent. That would imply that Jesus did come from her egg.

And theologically it makes perfect sense, if we accept the testimony of the Bible, that Jesus was fully human, and fully divine.

Comment

If Genesis is talking about Jesus and I believe that it is then it says He will come from her seed. (egg) He had to be human.
                      What does this mean when thinking of the other "seed" needed to have an embryo? Was that part not still fully human?
                      Last edited by Walstib; Dec 19th 2008, 03:01 PM. Reason: spelln

Comment

Originally posted by Walstib View Post
                        What does this mean when thinking of the other "seed" needed to have an embryo? Was that part not still fully human?
                        Whoaaaa Nelly! I've never even thought of that? This could change some stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Reese View Post
                          Wouldn't that give him a "beginning" and he has none as he always existed?
                          With that I think of is the beginning of Jesus' human flesh.

Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel. (Isa 7:14 NKJV)

We have life without our flesh but not before we had flesh.

'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living." (Mat 22:32 NKJV)

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb.(Psa 139:13 NKJV)

He had "life/is life" before dwelling in his fully human flesh.

He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you(1Pe 1:20 NKJV)

Peace,
                          Joe

Comment

Not really. God chose Saul then David. The promise to Saul was that Jesus would come through his line. Because Saul said no, God chose another. He would have done the same with Mary.
                            Matt 9:13
                            13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                            NASU

Comment

Originally posted by Walstib View Post
                              Jesusí mother Mary. What do we know? What should we know? Ask a question you have about her.

Iíll start as I got thinking about this on another thread.

What is the importance Jesus came from her egg and she was not a surrogate mother? Could she have been a surrogate or does Jesusí humanity depend on her blood and genealogy.
                              I don't know much about what God was thinking with the whole thing to be honest. But I do like to consider how the virgin conception with Mary is very much like my being born again. Jesus is now in me. And at some point, he will come out of me just like he did Mary for all the world to see.

I do think that Jesus had to be born from a woman though as the promise was to a woman, i.e. Eve. It was her seed, not the seed of man that was to bring about the hope for mankind.
                              Matt 9:13
                              13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                              NASU

Comment

Working...
                              X