Clear All

• Is Jesus The Only Way to Heaven?

The answer is

YES!!!!!!!!

John 14:6
    Acts 4:12
    Romans 3:23-24
    Romans 6:23

Was just watching a show that said when recent american Christians were polled, an amazing 1/3 of them only believed in this Truth. 29% of those polled believed their "good works" would get them into heaven, and 30 some % believed that having faith in a "higher power" or just "God" would get a person in. Man, what are our churches teaching?

Originally posted by JesusMySavior View Post
    The answer is

YES!!!!!!!!

Was just watching a show that said when recent american Christians were polled, an amazing 1/3 of them only believed in this Truth. 29% of those polled believed their "good works" would get them into heaven, and 30 some % believed that having faith in a "higher power" or just "God" would get a person in. Man, what are our churches teaching?
    You may be right. But would it be correct to conclude that the final decision about who is allowed in heaven and who is not is up to God?

Ever curious I remain,

OldChurchGuy

Comment

Originally posted by OldChurchGuy View Post
      You may be right. But would it be correct to conclude that the final decision about who is allowed in heaven and who is not is up to God?

Ever curious I remain,

OldChurchGuy

OCG,

God has given us His Word and He will never judge contrary to that Word.

We're not the judge but I know God's Word and it says that "the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life IN Christ Jesus" (Romans 6:23). It also says in 1 John 2:23 "Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also."

Without the blood of Jesus no man can get into heaven. Even the Israelites who drank from the Rock were quenched by Christ.

Christ has been from everlasting, and those who followed the righteousness of God also believed in the manifestation of Christ even before He took human form. Why? Because they trusted God.

Christ is the answer, end of story.

Comment

Man, what are our churches teaching?
        They aren't....................

Comment

I've seen Christians on television mention offhandedly, in conversation, the exclusivity of Christ and get barks and growls in response. The others are shocked to hear this has always been standard Christian doma. They think it's some bit of modern day hatemongering being snuck in there by some hyper-fundamentalist sect who wants to enslave them in a Pat Boone universe. The World is doing it's job and in many quarters winning.

Comment

Originally posted by thepenitent View Post
            I've seen Christians on television mention offhandedly, in conversation, the exclusivity of Christ and get barks and growls in response. The others are shocked to hear this has always been standard Christian doma. They think it's some bit of modern day hatemongering being snuck in there by some hyper-fundamentalist sect who wants to enslave them in a Pat Boone universe. The World is doing it's job and in many quarters winning.
            Yep, this will be the persecuting pivotal point in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, multi-religion, multi-story, multi-ego, multi-pathed universe.
            ONE WAY! EEEKS, quick, someone remind the ACLU and the Freedom from Religion groups to campaign and file suit against all those
            'one-way' --> signs on our highways...they just might offend someone looking for diirection(s).
            ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Comment

OCG,

God has given us His Word and He will never judge contrary to that Word.

We're not the judge but I know God's Word and it says that "the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life IN Christ Jesus" (Romans 6:23). It also says in 1 John 2:23 "Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also."

Without the blood of Jesus no man can get into heaven. Even the Israelites who drank from the Rock were quenched by Christ.

Christ has been from everlasting, and those who followed the righteousness of God also believed in the manifestation of Christ even before He took human form. Why? Because they trusted God.

Christ is the answer, end of story.
              If we had the original manuscripts to examine and if they matched the translations we use, then I would have to agree with you. But, we have a gap of multiple centuries between the time of Jesus and the oldest complete manuscripts. Granted there are fragments some of which are thought to be within a generation or two of the time of Jesus but it is my understanding the fragments are, at best, a few words.

One can have FAITH that Christianity is the only way to God but it is another thing to treat that faith as irrefutable fact since we do not have the original manuscripts.

As always,

OldChurchGuy

Comment

If we had the original manuscripts to examine and if they matched the translations we use, then I would have to agree with you. But, we have a gap of multiple centuries between the time of Jesus and the oldest complete manuscripts. Granted there are fragments some of which are thought to be within a generation or two of the time of Jesus but it is my understanding the fragments are, at best, a few words.

One can have FAITH that Christianity is the only way to God but it is another thing to treat that faith as irrefutable fact since we do not have the original manuscripts.

As always,

OldChurchGuy
                And therefore we cannot be absolutely certain that we have the truth, and that casts doubt on the entire Word of God, thus we really have no hope at all. We could all be wrong.................
                Sorry, can't agree.

Comment

For any who still don't understand how, read the last supper. I think it will help you understand God's plan to love you for eternity.

Comment

As always,

OldChurchGuy
                    If it was up to me, I might have many ways to the Father. I do not like the prospect of meeting people that I like, but who are not Christians, of going to hell. I also am not comfortable bring up the subject of Jesus to them. Then again it is not up to me, and I am a sinner who needs a Savior. I also do not truly see what spiritual warfare looks like. There is a lot more "reality" that we cannot see.

I also think you have it wrong on the manuscripts. 30-50 years not centuries.

May God forgive us and bless us all. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

Comment

The answer is

YES!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

From His Own words and Mouth..

He is the WAY TRUTH and the LIFE... No man comes to the Father but thru HIM>> He is the Only Way....

and He also taught that..

Except a Man/Woman be Born Again.. they cannot 'see' or 'enter' the Kingdom of Heaven...

and these born again not out of the 'will of man'.. but of the 'will of God Himself'...

When you start telling people that Jesus is the Only Way.. and without Him there is Eternal Damnation..people will most likely disagree and try to convince you there are other ways...... it should be of no suprise.. and yes many of those who confess that Jesus is God .. believe that there are 'other pathways' to Heaven .. the Buddahists.. they have Buddha.. the Moslems.. they have Allah... I have these people in my own family.. belive in Jesus but believe 'other ways' to Heaven.. Buddha, Allah, Mohammad.. all those are still in their graves if they even exist.. but the True Living God came out of His tomb... proving He has conquered Death.. and that He is Truly the Living God...

even the 'devils' believe and tremble at His Name....

Jesus the Christ.. God manifest in the flesh.. is the ONLY way to Heaven.. and He Truly is the Living God.. and has proved that by coming out of His grave 3 days later..
                      Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
                      ------------------------------------------------
                      Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
                      ------------------------------------------------
                      The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
                      Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        If it was up to me, I might have many ways to the Father. I do not like the prospect of meeting people that I like, but who are not Christians, of going to hell. I also am not comfortable bring up the subject of Jesus to them. Then again it is not up to me, and I am a sinner who needs a Savior. I also do not truly see what spiritual warfare looks like. There is a lot more "reality" that we cannot see.

I also think you have it wrong on the manuscripts. 30-50 years not centuries.

May God forgive us and bless us all. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

It isn't up to you. We all deserve hell. That's why it's our responsibility as Christians to spread the message of Jesus.
                        sigpic

Comment

I find one small item for discussion with this. In Revelation I recall Jesus saying that "there will be many and of many religions" when talking about judgement nad what I believe heaven.

If Jesus is the only way could it be that non-Jesus believers who are good citizens and follow God's laws, and repent their sins, but just don't know Jesus, could it be possible that when they die Jesus will give them the chance to accept him at their judgement?

Comment

Originally posted by John27 View Post
                            I find one small item for discussion with this. In Revelation I recall Jesus saying that "there will be many and of many religions" when talking about judgement nad what I believe heaven.

If Jesus is the only way could it be that non-Jesus believers who are good citizens and follow God's laws, and repent their sins, but just don't know Jesus, could it be possible that when they die Jesus will give them the chance to accept him at their judgement?
                            Which verse in Revelation are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by John27 View Post

There are many paths, but only 1 leads to salvation. That narrow path is through Jesus Christ.

Matthew 7
                              13"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
                              Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
                              Not second or third, but first.
                              Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
                              when He is the source of all hope,
                              when His love is received and freely given,
                              holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
                              will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X