Article on Seperation/Soul Winning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Article on Seperation/Soul Winning

Since not a single person has chosen to give me their input on this vital doctrine, I have chosen to generalize my experience. Most evangelicals and charismatics (perhaps all Charismatics) do not take the doctrine of separation seriously. A non response or a non enthusiastic response communicates this. This is what separates Fundamentalists from the bunch in this one area.

In chapel recently we had a soul winning fire and Brimstone Fundamentalist evangelist. He said what needed to be said. He exposed 2 well known Charismatic and evangelical ministers publicly. He referred to Reformed types as "nonsense" and called those not serious about Soul Winning as "cowards." People that do not have the time, are more serious about their academics than about preaching the Bible and such he said were cowards. I absolutely loved this man and his preaching and downloaded all of his audio sermons.

I challenge you to get serious about Soul Winning and the many passages that speak about it. Also to read Acts. Paul was openly confronted and in one verse did his opponents say "rid the earth of him." Many Christians these days do not want confrontation and refer to those that get negatives responses as "not called to evangelize." This is not what the Bible teaches and separation from such pastors/ministers and churches that teach this is to be applied.

I don't know which other thread you're referring to; perhaps others didn't see it either. What's this preacher's name? I'd like to listen to some of his stuff.

Comment

And I know many Fundamentalist preachers who love preaching about soul winning are the type that travel the globe to convert someone only to make them twice the sons of hell as they are.

With what you describe... I'd learn my method of soul winning somewhere else. I've heard the message.

Visit our new website
      ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
      "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.”

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

How can you "win souls" except through speaking? How can you "win souls" at all? Does not Christ win souls? Didn't he give us all different jobs in the church?

Comment

Hi Poochie -

I don't know the thread you are speaking about either, so maybe it was just overlooked.

This troubles me a bit:
          In chapel recently we had a soul winning fire and Brimstone Fundamentalist evangelist. He said what needed to be said. He exposed 2 well known Charismatic and evangelical ministers publicly. He referred to Reformed types as "nonsense" and called those not serious about Soul Winning as "cowards." People that do not have the time, are more serious about their academics than about preaching the Bible and such he said were cowards. I absolutely loved this man and his preaching and downloaded all of his audio sermons.
          As I read this, all I could think was if I was not a Christian and had heard this, I would have walked out and not looked back. A call to action is one thing - a call to action through self-righteousness is a whole 'nuther thing. What may be nonsense to this man may make perfect sense to another. Is one a coward who plants a seed? Or one who only waters; is he unworthy? Must someone go out and bash people over the head with hellfire before they are considered "brave"? Sounds more like a person depending on their delievery than on the message and the Spirit to prepare hearts and minds.

Rather than finding fault, why not seek to glorify God that different people are reached in different ways by different approaches?

Anyway - those are my thoughts -
          V
          I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
          - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Ekeak View Post
            How can you "win souls" except through speaking? How can you "win souls" at all? Does not Christ win souls? Didn't he give us all different jobs in the church?
            We want to be careful to not get hung up in religious speak to the point that we nitpick everything apart. Keep in mind that the use of "winning souls" is perfectly legit and biblical.

1 Corinthians 9:19 ¶For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, that I might win the more.
            20 And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, though not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law;
            21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, that I might win those who are without law.
            22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, that I may by all means save some.
            23 And I do all things for the sake of the gospel, that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

Winning souls is exactly what Paul is speaking of.

Visit our new website
            ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
            "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.”

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Originally posted by poochie View Post
              Since not a single person has chosen to give me their input on this vital doctrine, I have chosen to generalize my experience. Most evangelicals and charismatics (perhaps all Charismatics) do not take the doctrine of separation seriously. A non response or a non enthusiastic response communicates this. This is what separates Fundamentalists from the bunch in this one area.

I challenge you to get serious about Soul Winning and the many passages that speak about it. Also to read Acts. Paul was openly confronted and in one verse did his opponents say "rid the earth of him." Many Christians these days do not want confrontation and refer to those that get negatives responses as "not called to evangelize." This is not what the Bible teaches and separation from such pastors/ministers and churches that teach this is to be applied.
              hi poochie

it is a hard topic to just dot a few thoughts down on. it takes a lot of study and praying.
              Ultimately we all should win souls for Christ, some do it different that others though.
              Other teachers of the bible should not talk bad about other teachers, it does not reflect good on them. If something is uttering complete heresy, i say, correct the person. But, with a gentle tong.

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=151458

this is the tread poochie was talking about.

bennie

Comment

There is one way to bring people to Christ and that is through Preaching the Word and telling them that they are a hellfire & hell bound sinner and are a heartbeat away from the fire. They need to hear Jesus and REPENT!!

Rom 10:14-How shall they hear without a preacher?
                1 Cor 1:18- For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness, but to us that are being saved IT IS THE POWER OF GOD.
                2 Tim 4:2-Preach the Word

All scriptures quoted from the KJV (although I at times also use the modern translations (NKJV, ESV, NIV, NASB)

Read about Paul and his approach in Acts 18 and also read the response that the hellbound sinners gave him.

Originally posted by Vhayes View Post
                Hi Poochie -

I don't know the thread you are speaking about either, so maybe it was just overlooked.

This troubles me a bit:

As I read this, all I could think was if I was not a Christian and had heard this, I would have walked out and not looked back. A call to action is one thing - a call to action through self-righteousness is a whole 'nuther thing. What may be nonsense to this man may make perfect sense to another. Is one a coward who plants a seed? Or one who only waters; is he unworthy? Must someone go out and bash people over the head with hellfire before they are considered "brave"? Sounds more like a person depending on their delievery than on the message and the Spirit to prepare hearts and minds.

Rather than finding fault, why not seek to glorify God that different people are reached in different ways by different approaches?

Anyway - those are my thoughts -
                V

Comment

Originally posted by Bethany67 View Post
                  I don't know which other thread you're referring to; perhaps others didn't see it either. What's this preacher's name? I'd like to listen to some of his stuff.
                  http://farrellministries.org/Sermons...S/Default.aspx

Comment

Thats your choice. But as God is my witness and I stand by my Bible I cant think of a better method.

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                    And I know many Fundamentalist preachers who love preaching about soul winning are the type that travel the globe to convert someone only to make them twice the sons of hell as they are.

With what you describe... I'd learn my method of soul winning somewhere else. I've heard the message.

Comment

Hello Bennie.

The topic seems very black and white to me. The Bible is very clear on the commission to soul win and the commission to separate. Its a simple topic to understand. Many Evangelicals & Charismatics deny the doctrine of sufficiency and also the Historical Grammatical approach to the scriptures and so black and white commands take much thinking and understanding. For example many debate over the issue of whether or not a woman can teach, preach or have spiritual authority over a man. Thats not a debatable issue and in Fundamentalism no one debates this issue.

Originally posted by bennie View Post
                      hi poochie

it is a hard topic to just dot a few thoughts down on. it takes a lot of study and praying.
                      Ultimately we all should win souls for Christ, some do it different that others though.
                      Other teachers of the bible should not talk bad about other teachers, it does not reflect good on them. If something is uttering complete heresy, i say, correct the person. But, with a gentle tong.

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=151458

this is the tread poochie was talking about.

bennie

Comment

And for $3.00 a sermon... you can hear this important word from the Lord.

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

There is one way to bring people to Christ and that is through Preaching the Word and telling them that they are a hellfire & hell bound sinner and are a heartbeat away from the fire. They need to hear Jesus and REPENT!!
                          Respectfully, that's not how my father, his mother, his brother, my mother, her mother, her brother, her sister, my wife, or I came to saving faith in Christ. Hellfire and brimstone preaching is therefore not the only means of sharing the gospel.

Comment

I stole this link from another thread, but it seems appropriate here too.
                            http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=245243

Penn Jillette, of Penn & Teller, is a fairly outspoken atheist who has frequently and loudly challenged Christianity on multiple occasions. That's what makes this video so spectacular. One man's kindness, courtesy, and consideration... one man meeting Penn where he was at has made this devout atheist sit and take notice.

Comment

Thats your choice. But as God is my witness and I stand by my Bible I cant think of a better method.
                              That sort of preaching is something I can't sit for, least for very long nor very often.

The most important thing we can do is to show a sinner their need for a Savior. Balance the message, and let the Lord work it in. If someone only hears "Yer goin' to hail!!", they don't know why only that they are. If we miss showing them their need - all the fire and brimstone in the world will only expose their destination and not the reason why they need to a Savior to avoid it.
                              Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
                              Not second or third, but first.
                              Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
                              when He is the source of all hope,
                              when His love is received and freely given,
                              holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
                              will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X